Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
persecute | persecuted | persecutes | persecuting | persecution | persecutions | persecutor | persecutors
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Oppressed (7 P)
Pages in category "Persecution"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- He (Durvasa Muni) first mistook Maharaja Ambarisa for an ordinary human being and wanted to punish him. Such is the mistaken observation of a Vaisnava. When Durvasa Muni was persecuted by the Sudarsana cakra, however, his intelligence developed
- Hiranyakasipus are always inimical with the devotees of the Lord even if such devotee happens to be a son. Hiranyakasipu persecuted Prahlada although he was a boy of 5 years old and a beloved son of Hiranyakasipu
- The asuras perpetually struggle to persecute the Vaisnavas because they do not want Vaisnavism to spread
- The demon harasses the devotee, even though the latter may happen to be his kin. Although Prahlada Maharaja was the son of Hiranyakasipu, he was nonetheless persecuted by his father
- The kings of the Yadu dynasty were all devotees, but there were many powerful demons, such as Salva, who began to persecute them
- The result of persecuting saintly persons is not only untimely death. The act is so offensive that the perpetrator also gradually loses his beauty, his fame and his religious principles, and thus his promotion to higher planets is checked
- The waves of his good qualities were like those of Prahlada Maharaja. He did not even slightly raise an eyebrow when persecuted by the Muslim ruler
- Thus being advised by his demoniac ministers, Kamsa, who was from the very beginning the greatest rascal, decided to persecute the brahmanas and Vaisnavas, being entrapped by the shackles of all-devouring, eternal time