Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
peacock | peacocks | peacock's
- VedaBase query: Peacock or Peacocks or peacock's not "peacock feather*" not "plumes of the peacock" not "peacock plumes"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Peacock Feather (1 C, 13 P)
Pages in category "Peacock"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- I am not elegible for these honors. Whatever is being done, it is Lord Krishna's mercy. He is unlimited and His mercy is also unlimited, so by His mercy even a crow can dance like a peacock
- If guru-vaisnava blesses, even a crow can become a peacock. There is vast ocean of difference between peacock and crow. Still, by guru-vaisnava, a crow can become a peacock
- In front of the balcony windows were pigeons and peacocks walking and cooing. All the grain dealers’ shops within the city were decorated with different kinds of flowers and garlands, newly grown grass and pleasing flowers like narcissus and roses
- In the material world even an ass enjoys his sound vibration, but in the Vaikunthas such nice birds as the peacock, the cakravaka and the cuckoo prefer to hear the vibration of the glories of the Lord from the bees
- Krishna consciousness is so valuable that it plays wonderful, and there are many instances within our society. Similarly I was a crow, and now they consider me a peacock. But, I was trying to be a peacock whenever there was the opportunity
- Krsna embraced Srimati Radharani in such an expert manner that He appeared to be celebrating the dancing ceremony of the peacocks
- Krsna said, "My dear brother, You are the supreme worshipable Godhead. Just see how the peacocks are dancing before You in great ecstasy. The deer, whose behavior is just like that of the gopis, are welcoming You with the same affection"
- Krsna said, "The chirping of the birds along with the cooing of the peacocks, surrounded by the whispering of the leaves in the trees, combine and present sound vibrations that echo one another. And this just enriches the beautiful scenery"
- Krsna’s son Pradyumna was fighting fiercely with Karttikeya, the commander in chief of the demigods. Karttik was wounded & his body was bleeding profusely. In this condition, he left without fighting anymore, rode away on the back of his peacock carrier
- Many of our students were dry and morose previous to their coming to Krsna consciousness, but having come into contact with devotees, they are now dancing like jubilant peacocks
- Merry peacocks danced just like actors and actresses, and merry cuckoos called their mates very nicely
- Murari Gupta saw one peacock, and as soon as he saw the peacock, the feather, he at once remembered Krsna and at once fainted and fall down
- Some of them (the cowherd boys) gladly followed the peacocks and imitated the onomatopoetic sounds of the cuckoo. While the birds were flying in the sky, the boys ran after the birds’ shadows along the ground and tried to follow their exact courses
- Some of them (the cowherd boys) went to the monkeys & silently sat down by them, & some of them imitated the dancing of the peacocks. Some of them caught monkeys by the tail and played with them, & when the monkeys jumped into a tree, the boys followed
- The aesthetic sense of the Lord is manifested in the artistic, colorful creation of varieties of birds like the peacock, parrot and cuckoo
- The city (of Indra) always resounded with the vibrations of peacocks, pigeons and bees, and above the city flew airplanes full of beautiful women who constantly chanted auspicious songs that were very pleasing to the ear
- The friend continued: "Don't advertise Yourself (Krsna) to be a great fighter by such action. You have advertised Yourself as a serpent, and I am the peacock who will now defeat You." The peacock is the ablest enemy of the serpent
- The heron, vulture, crane, hawk, bhasa, bhalluka, peacock, swan, sarasa, cakravaka, crow, owl and others are the birds
- The peacocks can be compared to persons who are very much harassed in the materialistic way of life. If they can find the association of a person engaged in the loving devotional service of the Lord, they become enlightened and dance just like peacocks
- The peacocks sitting on the steps (of the palace) became illusioned by the fumes, mistaking them for clouds, and began dancing jubilantly
- The rivers were flowing full of waters, and lakes were beautifully decorated with lotus flowers. The forests were full with beautiful birds and peacocks (during the birth of Krsna)
- The same gopi spoke, "When all the animals and trees and plants, either on the top of Govardhana Hill or in the valley, see the dancing of the peacocks, they all stand still and listen to the transcendental sound of the flute with great attention"
- The same gopi spoke, "When Govinda plays His flute, the peacocks immediately become mad, as if they had heard the rumbling of a new cloud"
- They (the cowherd boys) would all imitate the sound vibrations made by the different kinds of birds, especially the cakoras, peacocks, cuckoos and bharadvajas
- Those who are mad after capturing and enjoying the imitation peacock, as well as those who have a pessimistic view of the imitation peacock but lack any positive information of the real peacock - both are illusioned by the modes of material nature
- Various birds, including the peacock, saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and began to follow Him, chanting and dancing. They were all maddened by the holy name of Krsna
- Vrndavana forest is always filled with the chirping and cooing of birds like cuckoos, ducks and cranes, and it is also full of peacocks
- Vrndavana is such a nice place. Flowers are always blooming, and there are even various kinds of decorated deer. Birds are chirping, peacocks are crowing and dancing, and bees are humming
- When Narada arrived in Dvaraka, he saw gardens and parks full of various flowers of different colors, and also orchards overloaded with a variety of fruits. Beautiful birds were chirping, and peacocks crowed delightfully
- When the Lord saw the bluish necks of the peacocks, His remembrance of Krsna immediately awakened, and He fell to the ground in ecstatic love
- While walking, the (cowherd) boys sometimes imitated the quacking sound of the swans in the lakes, or when they saw the peacocks dancing, they imitated them before Krsna. Krsna also moved His neck, imitating the dancing and making His friends laugh