Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Patanjali System of Yoga
Pages in category "Patanjali System of Yoga"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.
- According to this yoga system (the Patanjali system of yoga), pratyag-atma is the ultimate goal. This pratyag-atma is withdrawn from activities in matter
- Some follow the Mayavada philosophy of Sankaracarya, and others follow Kapila's Sankhya philosophy or the mystic yoga system of Patanjali
- The mystic, who virtually ceases his various bodily functions according to Patanjali's system of mysticism, tries to attain trance by these systematic modes of meditation and so forth
- The Patanjala philosophers say that when one is self-realized, he understands the Lord. Similarly, according to the Vedas and Vedic principles, the original cause is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Patanjali system of yoga instructs one on how to control the functions of the body's air in a technical manner so that ultimately all the functions of the air within become favorable for purifying the soul of material attachment
- There is an acceptance of transcendental pleasure in the Patanjali system, but the monists do not accept this transcendental pleasure, out of fear of jeopardizing the theory of oneness