Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"Patanjali Muni" | "Patanjali Rsi" | Patanjali
- Patañjali Ṛṣi
- Yoga-sutra of Patanjali system (for merging into the existence of the Absolute)
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Patanjali Muni"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.
- According to Patanjali's system, mysticism means perfect control of the mental plane with its various fickle inclinations. According to Patanjali, the transcendental state is to become free from sensuous activities
- According to Patanjali, when one becomes free from all material desires he attains his real, transcendental situation, and realization of that stage is called spiritual power
- If the existence of the Supersoul and the individual is admitted, then the impersonalist theory of monism is nullified. Therefore some impersonalists and void philosophers twist the Patanjali system in their own way and pollute the whole yoga process
- In the Yoga-sutra of Patanjali, the soul is called pratyag-atma and parag-atma. As long as the soul is attached to sense enjoyment it is called parag-atma, but as soon as the same soul becomes detached from such sense enjoyment it is called pratyag-atma
- The duality of knowledge and knower is not accepted by the nondualist, but in this verse transcendental pleasure - realized through transcendental senses - is accepted. And this is corroborated by Patanjali Muni, the famous exponent of the yoga system
- The Patanjala philosophers, the followers of Patanjali Muni, regard You as the supreme independent Personality of Godhead, who has no equal or superior
- The whole purpose of practicing yoga is to control the mind, control the mind. Now, here Patanjali system, that unless you, I mean, conduct devotional service of Lord, or bhakti, there is no success of yoga
- The yoga system, as described in Srimad-Bhagavatam and Bhagavad-gita or as recommended in the Patanjali yoga process, is different from the nowadays practiced hatha-yoga as it is generally understood in the Western countries
- There are many theoretical philosophers in the world who put forward their own theories of cause and effect. Generally there are six great philosophers - Kanada, Gautama, Patanjali, Kapila, Jaimini, and Vyasadeva
- This "oneness with the Supreme" is called kaivalyam by the monist. But according to Patanjali, this kaivalyam is an internal, or transcendental, potency by which the living entity becomes aware of his constitutional position
- This is a reference to the speculative theories of Gautama, Kanada, Patanjali and Kapila