Parvati | Bhavani
- wife of Lord Śiva
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► Durga (6 C, 133 P)
Pages in category "Parvati"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- Above the sun are planetary systems where persons who are elevated by great austerities and penances are situated. The whole material universe is called Devi-dhama, and above it is Siva-dhama, where Lord Siva and his wife Parvati eternally reside
- All the gopis learn the art of dressing from Srimati Radharani, and even the goddess of fortune, Laksmi, and the wife of Lord Siva, Parvati, desire Her beauty and qualities
- Although what I (Citraketu) have said is not wrong, please let whatever you (Parvati) think is wrong be pardoned
- Although what I have said is not wrong, please let whatever you think is wrong be pardoned
- As Indra is the chief of all kings, similarly Skanda, or Kartikeya, the son of Parvati and Lord Siva, is the chief of all military commanders
- At that time Lord Siva's wife, Parvati, was present. Her personality, like Lord Siva's, is a mixture of the three qualities, and therefore she is called Trigunamayi
- Citraketu said: My dear mother, with my own hands folded together I accept the curse upon me. I do not mind the curse, for happiness and distress are given by the demigods as a result of one's past deeds
- Citraketu thought himself a better controller of the senses than Lord Siva, although actually he was not. Because of all these considerations, mother Parvati was somewhat angry at Citraketu
- He (Citraketu) wanted to satisfy her (Parvati) because although his verdict was natural, she was displeased with him. As a matter of course, Maharaja Citraketu begged pardon from Parvati
- He (Samba) exactly resembles the son of the Personality of Godhead. In a previous birth he was born as Karttikeya in the womb of the wife of Lord Siva, and now he has been born in the womb of Jambavati, the most enriched wife of Krsna
- He (Siva) is seated with his wife on his lap in the midst of saintly persons and is embracing her as if he were a shameless, ordinary human being
- He enunciates the system of religion. Yet how wonderful it is that he is embracing his wife, Parvati, in the midst of an assembly of great saintly persons
- His Lordship Siva said to Devi: "In the Kali-yuga, I shall preach the Mayavada philosophy, which is nothing but clouded Buddhism, in the garb of a brahmana"
- I (Lord Siva) can impartially judge that this devotee, Citraketu, has defeated you (Parvati) and your excellence simply by becoming a pure devotee of the Lord
- In spite of her being a princess, Parvati undertook all kinds of tribulations to associate with Lord Siva, who did not even have a house, but was sitting underneath the trees and passing his time in meditation
- In the Ilavrta-varsa, Lord Siva is the only male. There he lives with his wife, Bhavani, who is attended by many maidservants. If any other male enters that province, Bhavani curses him to become a woman
- In the presence of the great sage Narada, the demons, the inhabitants of Siddhaloka, and his personal associates, Lord Siva, who is most powerful, spoke to his wife, Parvati, while they all listened
- It is understood that in Sati's next life she would take birth as the daughter of the Himalayas, Parvati, and then she would again accept Lord Siva as her husband
- It was by His (Krsna's) influence only that in a fight I (Arjuna) was able to astonish the personality of god Lord Siva and his wife (Himavati), the daughter of Mount Himalaya. Thus he (Lord Siva) became pleased with me and awarded me his own weapon
- Lord Siva explained to his wife Parvati that in the Age of Kali he would come in the form of a brahmana to preach an imperfect interpretation of the Vedas known as Mayavada, which in actuality is but a second edition of atheistic Buddhist philosophy
- Lord Siva explains to his wife, Parvati, the goddess Durga, that the highest goal of life is to satisfy Lord Visnu, who can be satisfied only when His servant is satisfied
- Lord Siva said: My dear beautiful Parvati, have you seen the greatness of the Vaisnavas? Being servants of the servants of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, they are great souls and are not interested in any kind of material happiness
- Lord Siva was deep in meditation, but when Parvati agitated him for sense pleasure, he agreed to the proposal, and as a result Kartikeya was born
- Lord Siva was sitting in an assembly of great saintly persons and embracing Parvati on his lap with his arm. Citraketu laughed loudly and spoke, within the hearing of Parvati
- Lord Siva, as the progenitor, engages in sex with Bhavani, the progenitress, to produce living entities, and from the mixture of their vital fluid the river named Hataki is generated
- Lord Siva, the husband of Parvati, is generally very merciful, and he is very quickly satisfied if someone undertakes severe austerities to please him
- Manu and Kapila have also forgotten the religious principles. I suppose it to be because of this that they have not tried to stop Lord Siva from behaving improperly
- My dear Devi (Parvati), sometimes I (Siva as Sankaracarya) teach Mayavada philosophy for those who are engrossed in the mode of ignorance
- My dear Devi, although the Vedas recommend worship of demigods, the worship of Lord Visnu is topmost. However, above the worship of Lord Visnu is the rendering of service to Vaisnavas, who are related to Lord Visnu
- My dear Parvati, in Kali-yuga I (Siva) assume the form of a brahmana and teach this imagined Mayavada philosophy. In order to cheat the atheists, I describe the Supreme Personality of Godhead to be without form and without qualities
- My dear Parvati, there are different methods of worship, and out of all such methods the worship of the Supreme Person is considered to be the highest. But even higher than the worship of the Lord is the worship of the Lord's devotees
- My dear wife (Parvati), hear my explanations of how I (Siva as Sankaracarya) have spread ignorance through Mayavada philosophy. Simply by hearing it, even an advanced scholar will fall down
- O King Pariksit, Lord Siva was pleased with Vasistha. Therefore, to satisfy him and to keep his own word to Parvati, Lord Siva said to that saintly person, "Your disciple Sudyumna may remain a male for one month and a female for the next"
- O mother (Parvati), you are now unnecessarily angry, but since all my (Citraketu) happiness and distress are destined by my past activities, I do not plead to be excused or relieved from your curse
- Parvati was engaged to worship the genital of Lord Siva. He was in meditation, and he could not be awakened. Kalidasa Kavi is giving remark that "Here is dhira. Here is dhira. A young girl touching the genital of Lord Siva, and he is not agitated."
- Parvati, the wife of Lord Siva, told her husband, "My dear Pancamukha (five-faced), just look at the Pandavas! After hearing the sound of Krsna's conchshell known as Pancajanya, they have regained their strength and are just like lions
- Parvati, who is the powerful material nature personified, is under his (Lord Siva) full control as his wife, yet he does not use her even to build a residential house
- Parvati, young age, beautiful girl, and Lord Siva is meditating naked, and she was offering worshipable flowers on the genital. Still, he was not disturbed. Young girl touching the genital of a person, but he is not disturbed. That is dhirah
- Seeing Lord Siva and Parvati engaged in sexual affairs, all the great saintly persons immediately desisted from going further and departed for the asrama of Nara-Narayana
- She (Durga Devi) can make a new universe, she is so powerful. But this couple, Lord Siva and Parvati, they have no house even to live. They live under the tree, so poor, no residential house even
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then visited the town of Kolapura, where He saw the goddess of fortune in the temple of Ksira-bhagavati and saw Langa-ganesa in another temple, known as Cora-parvati
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami continued: My dear King Pariksit, when Citraketu was cursed by Parvati, he descended from his airplane, bowed before her with great humility and pleased her completely
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami continued: O King Pariksit, subduer of the enemy, after Citraketu satisfied Lord Siva and his wife, Parvati, he boarded his airplane and left as they looked on
- The fire-god, Agni, took away the real Sita and brought her to the place of Parvati, goddess Durga. An illusory form of mother Sita was then delivered to Ravana, and in this way Ravana was cheated
- The goddess Parvati said: Alas, has this upstart now received a post from which to punish shameless persons like us? Has he been appointed ruler, carrier of the rod of punishment? Is he now the only master of everything?
- The great devotee Citraketu was so powerful that he was quite competent to curse mother Parvati in retaliation, but instead of doing so he very humbly accepted the curse and bowed his head before Lord Siva and his wife
- The Mayavada philosophy," Lord Siva informed his wife Parvati, "is impious (sac chastra). It is covered Buddhism"
- There are other transcendental qualities of Krsna which are described by Siva to Parvati in the Padma Purana & in the First Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, in connection with a conversation between the demigod of the earth and the King of religion, Yamaraj
- When Bhava and Bhavani, Lord Siva and his wife, unite sexually, the emulsification of their secretions creates a chemical which when heated by fire can produce gold
- When Lord Siva and Parvati saw that Citraketu, although informed of the curse, was unafraid, they smiled, being fully astonished by his behavior
- While sporting in the water, the girls suddenly saw Lord Siva passing by, seated on the back of his bull with his wife, Parvati. Ashamed because they were naked, the girls quickly got out of the water and covered themselves with their garments