Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
pain | pained | painful | painfully | painfulness | paining | pains | painless
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Pain"
The following 183 pages are in this category, out of 183 total.
- A blind eye has no use for seeing, but it is simply unbearably painful. The King therefore thought himself very unfortunate to have such a bad son
- A devotee does not attach much importance to the pains and trouble pertaining to the body because he knows perfectly well that he is not the material body
- A devotee who is not dependent on others but is dependent solely on Me, who is clean inwardly, outwardly, who is expert, indifferent to material things, without cares, free from all pains, who rejects all pious, impious activities is very dear to Me
- A diseased person, for example, is also active, but his activities are all painful. The same person, when freed from the diseased condition, is still active, but in the healthy condition the activities are full of pleasure
- A Krsna conscious person who has realized God, he is samah sarvesu bhutesu, he's equal to all living entities. He'll feel pain even for cutting a tree. He'll feel pain, he'll feel pain even he traverses over an ant
- A person desiring to cross over these ritualistic ceremonies certainly feels pains like the piercing of thorns and pebbles endured by one attempting to climb a hill. Thus the conditioned soul suffers unlimitedly
- A person who does not disturb or cause painful action in the mind of any living entity, who treats everyone just like a loving father does his children, whose heart is so pure, certainly very soon becomes favored by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- A person who in this life is proud of his eminent position, and who heedlessly sacrifices animals simply for material prestige, is put into the hell called Visasana after death. There the assistants of Yamaraja kill him after giving him unlimited pain
- A poor man often does not wish to inflict injuries upon other bodies because he can understand more readily that when he himself is injured he feels pain
- A tree has no consciousness: when cut, it feels no pain
- A Vaisnava is always firmly situated in transcendental bliss because of engagement in devotional service. Although he may appear to suffer material pains, his position is called transcendental bliss in separation
- According to the body, you get pains and pleasure of this material world. A very rich man, living very comfortably, a little painful thing is intolerable by him, because he has got a such body, so delicate body. Just like a child
- Adhyatmic means pertaining to the body and to the mind. Just like when there is some disarrangement of the different functions of metabolism within this body, we get fever, we get some pain, headache
- Adhyatmika means pertaining to the body and mind. "I have got headache today. I have got some pain here in the back. My mind is not very much settled up today. I cannot talk with you."
- All the devotees felt very unhappy to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in pain. Indeed, they could not tolerate it. Then Jagadananda Pandita devised a remedy
- All the immovable trees and plants seek their subsistence upwards. They are almost unconscious but have feelings of pain within. They are manifested in variegatedness
- Although in the order of householder life, he (Srutadeva) never took great pains to earn anything for his livelihood; he was satisfied with whatever he could achieve without much endeavor, and somehow or other he lived in that way
- Although one can suffer harm from an enemy and not mind so much because pain inflicted by an enemy is natural, when one is hurt by the strong words of a relative, one suffers the effects continually
- Although the Lord (Varahadeva) was pained by the shaftlike abusive words of the demon, He bore the pain
- Although the Lord was pained by the shaftlike abusive words of the demon (Hiranyaksa), He (Varahadeva) bore the pain
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, when Krsna returns home with His cows, the footprints of the soles of His feet - with flag, thunderbolt, trident and lotus flower - relieve the pain the earth feels when the cows traverse it"
- Artificially we are thinking it is American pain or it is Indian pain. That is artificial. This artificial covering has to be removed. Then we come to Krsna consciousness. Feelings, consciousness is not American, African or Indian
- As long as the body will be there, there will only be pain. Pleasure is only a misconception. Do not be sorry if you are in an "unfortunate" situation. It can also be fortunate if you take advantage by becoming serious to become Krsna consciousness
- As long as the material body will be there, there will only be pain. Pleasure is a misconception
- As soon as Kesi reached Him, Krsna pushed His left arm within the horse's mouth, and it looked as though a big snake had entered a hole in the field. The horse felt great pain because Krsna's arm felt to him like a hot iron rod
- As the life air was ready to leave the gross body, the subtle body also began to experience pain
- Because He was very thin, when He lay down to rest on the dry bark of plantain trees, it caused Him pain in His bones
- Because You are above all material qualities, these are not found in You. Your superior spiritual potency is completely transcendental, and for You there is no such thing as relative pleasure, pleasure mixed with pain, or pain itself
- Buddha had to deny the existence of the soul because their brain will not tolerate such things. Therefore he did not say anything about the soul or God. He said that "You stop animal killing." If I pinch you, you feel pain. So why give pain to others?
- But Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu felt pained to see all the people without Krsna consciousness simply merging in material sense enjoyment
- Death means very, very painful, as much as birth is also very, very painful
- Don't wish for anything inauspicious for others. Anyone who inflicts pains upon others suffers himself from that pain
- Due to extremely painful fear and lamentation, she (Rukmini) lost all her powers of reason and became weak, her body losing so much weight that the bangles on her wrists became slack
- Due to long association with a particular type of material body and also due to the grace of Kalakanya and her maya, one becomes overly attached to a material body, although it is the abode of pain
- Due to our greed, we eat unnecessarily, and such gluttony causes pain at the time of evacuation. The conclusion is that the living entity feels well if he evacuates properly
- During a solar eclipse, the Lord came from Dvaraka and met the inhabitants of Vrndavana at Samanta-pancaka. The meeting was intensely painful for the damsels of Vrajabhumi because Lord Krsna had apparently left them to reside at Dvaraka
- Even if we know, still, if there is some bodily pain we become very much disturbed. But we should know, always remember, that "I am not this body"
- Even scientists have proved this consciousness is there in the tree also. If you cut the tree, there is sensation, feeling some pain, and this is recorded in the machine
- Everyone is trying to avoid painful situation
- Everyone's aim is duhkha-nivrtti. It may be presented in a different way. So the Buddha philosophy is also duhkha-nivrtti, stop pains
- Existence of material enjoyment can endure as long as life is fresh, but at the fag end of life everything becomes tasteless, and everything appears to be vain and painful
- Farther ahead, Narada Muni saw a boar pierced by an arrow. Its legs were also broken, and it was twisting in pain
- For a great soul like Vasudeva, there is nothing considered to be painful in the course of discharging one’s duty. A learned person like Vasudeva carries out his duties without hesitation
- For curing some disease the doctor says that injection or surgical operation. That is painful, but to cure the disease we should accept that thing. Similarly, if you want to become free from this material body, then you should accept, accept this pain
- For example, a person suffering from venereal disease on account of excessive indulgence in sex life has to undergo some severe pain in medical treatment, and he is then cured for the time being
- For the neophytes the routine of devotional service may be very painful, but at least they have the hope that they will ultimately be able to avoid all kinds of distresses and achieve the highest perfectional stage of happiness
- Freedom does not come so automatically. Just like you are diseased. You are under the control of fever or some other painful condition, under some disease. So you have to undergo some penance
- From history we can see that there were many powerful empires on the surface of the globe that were constructed with great pain and great perseverance, but in due course of time they have all been destroyed
- From the Vedanta-sutra we understand that Brahman is by nature joyful. He cannot, therefore, change Himself into a body which is subject to so many painful conditions
- Fruitive work, in which almost all people in general are engaged, is always painful either in the beginning or at the end. It can be fruitful only when made subservient to the devotional service of the Lord
- Ghostly position is very painful because a ghost has intelligence, mind and ego and wants to enjoy material life, but because he doesn't have a gross material body, he can only create disturbances for want of material satisfaction
- Gopis said, "We have seen the footprints of Krsna & Radha, & they are giving us great pain, because Krsna is everything to us. But that girl is so cunning that She has taken Him away alone and is enjoying His kissing without sharing Him with us"
- Govinda ran very quickly behind the Lord, who did not feel any pain from the pricking of the thorns
- I have so much faith and love for you. How can you think that I am criticizing you? If you think this, it is like a thunderbolt striking my head. Please, I am requesting you to send a copy of that letter. Otherwise the pain in my mind will not go away
- I have sold my head at the lotus feet of Lord Ramacandra. I cannot take it away. That would be too painful for me
- If one gives another living entity unnecessary pain, one will certainly be punished by the laws of nature with a similar pain
- If there is damage to the car, the owner of the car, being overly attached to the car, feels pain
- If there is little pain in the finger, I become so much disturbed because I have got intimate connection with this finger. Similarly, we have got intimate connection with Krsna, and we are fallen. Therefore Krsna also feels little pain
- If we want to revive our original position, we must be placed again into that service attitude. That is the perfect cure. Otherwise we shall suffer pain and God will be suffering pain on account of us
- If your throat is cut, if your head is cut, you feel so much pain, how you can cut the head of another animal? This is education
- In general, there are many types of miseries that take advantage of the delicate human body and give us pain. Miseries inflicted by other living entities are called adhibhautika. For example, bedbugs can make us miserable while we are sleeping
- In order to wear a gold or diamond nose pin or earring, one has to pierce the ear or nose. Such pain endured for the sake of sense gratification is endured on the path of karma-kanda, the path of fruitive activity
- In Satyaloka is no pain of any kind, and therefore there are no anxieties, save that sometimes, due to consciousness, there is a feeling of compassion for those unaware of the process of devotional service, who are subjected to unsurpassable miseries
- In the beginning, those who are aspiring for salvation try to get out of the material entanglement by performing painful austerities and penances, and ultimately they come to the impersonal status of spiritual realization
- In the material world the pleasure enjoyed by the conditioned soul is followed by many painful conditions. We have seen that in the two great wars, which were conducted by the rajo-guna and tamo-guna, both parties were actually ruined
- In the Prahlada-samhita Uddhava says, "The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Govinda, painstricken due to being pierced by the arrows of Cupid, is always thinking of you (the gopis), and He is not even accepting His regular lunch
- In the Vedic civilization, meat-eaters are advised to kill an animal for the goddess Kali or a similar demigod. This is in order not to give the animal unnecessary pain, as slaughterhouses do
- In the winter the water is painful, and in the summer the water is pleasing. So what is the position of the water? It is pleasing or painful? It is neither, but in certain season, by touching the skin it appears to be painful or pleasant
- Incessantly covered with germs and insects biting him all over his body, Gopala Capala felt unbearable pain. His entire body burned in distress
- It appears that Bhismadeva is repenting the actions he committed against the person of the Lord. But factually the Lord's body was not at all pained, due to His transcendental existence. His body is not matter
- It can be said that a person sitting in his car is certainly different from his car, but if there is damage to the car, the owner of the car, being overly attached to the car, feels pain
- It is a matter of great regret that recently in my birthplace, West Bengal, there are some who are making agitations and various uncalled for remarks without knowing the real facts. All these have pained me to a great extent
- It is said that when a woman is having labor pains she promises that she will never again become pregnant and suffer from such a severely painful condition
- Just as a poor man becomes happy upon receiving some treasure, when one attains to devotional service, his material pains are automatically vanquished
- Just as a stone is indifferent to all kinds of attacks and reattacks of external situations, similarly one practices jada-yoga by tolerating voluntary infliction of pain upon the material body
- Just like if your son is not good, you suffer and the son suffers. Similarly, we are all sons of God. So when we are painful, God is also painful. The best thing is to revive our original Krsna consciousness and be engaged in the service of the Lord
- Just see, O man with a tiger's strength (Bhima), how many miseries due to celestial influences, earthly reactions and bodily pains - all very dangerous in themselves - are foreboding danger in the near future by deluding our intelligence
- Knowledge of self-realization, even though free from all material affinity, does not look well if devoid of a conception of the Infallible (God). What, then, is the use of fruitive activities, which are naturally painful from the very beginning
- Krsna is feeling pain. So you become Krsna conscious, then Krsna will feel pleasure. That is Krsna consciousness movement
- Krsna said, "On account of the dust storm and the heavy rain, we began to feel greatly pained, and in whichever direction we turned we were bewildered"
- Krsna said: "My dear King (Kaliya) of the snakes, although I have given you so much pain, please do not be dissatisfied with Me. It is My duty to protect these cows, which are worshiped even by the demigods"
- Let me take shelter at the lotus feet of Lord Gauracandra. His mind became exhausted and His body very thin from the pain of separation from Krsna, but when He felt ecstatic love for the Lord, He again became fully developed
- Lord Krsna was satisfied by the prayers and statements of Jambavan, and to mitigate Jambavan's pain, He began to stroke the lotus palm of His hand all over Jambavan's body
- Lord Visnu continued, "Let Me touch your feet to relieve the pain you have suffered." Lord Visnu then began to massage the feet of Bhrgu Muni
- Lord Visnu said, "My dear father, O great sage, I know that your feet are very soft, like a lotus flower, and that My chest is as hard as a thunderbolt. I am therefore afraid that you (Bhrgu Muni) may have felt some pain by kicking My chest
- Man, if he takes nice foodstuff it is painful. If a diseased man, if he takes... More sick. Therefore this life is meant for tapasya, not to accept - voluntarily reject. Then it is nice
- Material advancement of civilization means advancement of the reactions of the threefold miseries due to celestial influence, earthly reactions and bodily or mental pains
- Material body means klesada, different degrees of klesada. Somebody is millionaire - but don't think that his body is not klesada. His body is also klesada, giving some pain. Nobody is free from klesa
- Murari Gupta said, I have sold my head unto the lotus feet of Raghunatha. I cannot withdraw my head, for that would give me too much pain
- My dear Lord, I am not thinking to become happy by getting the daughter as a bride. I am simply thinking that the brahmana has broken his promise, and that is giving me great pain
- My devotee who is not dependent on the ordinary course of activities, who is pure, expert, without cares, free from all pains, and not striving for some result, is very dear to Me
- Narada Muni continued, 'All the animals that you have killed and given unnecessary pain will kill you one after the other in your next life and in life after life'
- Narada Muni continued, 'My dear hunter, your business is killing animals. That is a slight offense on your part. But when you consciously give them unnecessary pain by leaving them half-dead, you incur very great sins'
- Narada Muni replied, 'If you leave the animals half-dead, you are purposefully giving them pain. Therefore you will have to suffer in retaliation'
- Narada Muni saw that a deer was lying on the path through the forest and that it was pierced by an arrow. It had broken legs and was twisting due to much pain
- No illicit sex, no meat-eating, no gambling, no intoxication. This is tapasya, voluntarily accepting... Those who are practiced to all these bad habits... So they will feel some pain, but you accept that pain. Then this pain will be over
- O greatest of all good men, by the combination of Kali and Harsh Speech were born children named Mrtyu (Death) and Bhiti (Fear). From the combination of Mrtyu and Bhiti came children named Yatana (Excessive Pain) and Niraya (Hell)
- O hunter, good qualities like nonviolence, which you have developed, are not very astonishing, for those who are engaged in the Lord's devotional service are never inclined to give pain to others because of envy
- O my Lord Krsna, I could not reach You, nor could I reach Your abode, Mathura. I am dying in my unhappiness, and now this rascal has come to give me more pain
- On the whole, I do not possess anything. Still, O beloved of the gopis, because You bestow Your mercy on the most fallen, I have an unbreakable hope that is constantly in my heart. That hope is always giving me pain
- One may feel sorry in the absolute world, but the manifestation of so-called pain is always full of bliss
- One should eat and enjoy his senses as much as necessary, one should properly endeavor to execute his duties, and one should regulate his sleep and wakefulness. Thus one can become freed from material pains by executing mystic yoga
- Our point is: just try to study this life, how much painful it is
- Owing to the (pregnant) mother's eating bitter, pungent foodstuffs, or food which is too salty or too sour, the body of the child incessantly suffers pains which are almost intolerable
- Painless means no material pain but spiritual life
- People in general are trapped by ignorance in the material concept of life, and they perpetually suffer material pains. So unless one elevates people to spiritual knowledge, one is practicing violence
- Prahlada Maharaja was a great devotee of Lord Visnu, but his father was very much against Visnu. Because the father and son thus differed in their consciousness, the demon father inflicted all kinds of bodily pain upon Prahlada
- Radha said, "He has five arrows, and fixing them on His bow, He shoots them into the bodies of innocent women. Thus these women become invalids. It would be better if He took My life without hesitation, but He does not do so. He simply gives Me pain"
- Rebirth, that is very painful
- Rupa said, "I simply wish and hope that some way or other I may be able to approach Your lotus feet, and this hope is giving me pain, because I think myself quite incompetant to approach that transcendental goal of life"
- Sanatana Gosvami replied, "I did not feel much pain, nor did I know that there were blisters because of the heat"
- Sanatana Gosvami replied, "You are going to Orissa to give pain to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. For this reason I am powerless to go with you"
- Sati's mother (Prasuti) could understand how much Sati had been pained by the insult of her father. Sati had been present along with the other daughters, and Daksa had purposely received all of them but her because she happened to be the wife of Lord Siva
- Sex life, even it is not illicit, still, it is painful, aftereffects. You'll have to take care of the children. You have to bear children. That is painful. You have to pay to the hospital for delivery, then education, then doctor's bill - so many painful
- She (Queen Suniti) also (like her son Dhruva) was breathing very heavily, and she did not know the factual remedy for the painful situation
- Sinful activities are painful both in this life and in the next
- Sometimes physicians, psychiatrists and social workers try to mitigate bodily pain, distress and fear, but they have no knowledge of spiritual identity and are bereft of a relationship with God
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Of all kinds of distress, what is the most painful?" Sri Ramananda Raya replied, "Apart from separation from the devotee of Krsna, I know of no unbearable unhappiness"
- Still, it was Bhishmadeva's duty to conduct the fight, and no pains would be spared in that connection
- Struck with the club by Vrtrasura like a mountain struck by a thunderbolt, the elephant Airavata, feeling great pain and spitting blood from its broken mouth, was pushed back fourteen yards. In great distress, the elephant fell, with Indra on its back
- Tapa-traya. Tapa means painful condition. Tapa. Just like if you touch fire, it creates a painful condition by burning the part, similarly, this world is also a blazing fire, samsara-davanala
- The best thing for your wife is to try and tolerate the pains and to execute her devotional service to the best of her capacity. If this is difficult, then she should try to get the proper treatment for her problem
- The bhakti-yogi always thinks of Krsna, and therefore at the time of death he can very easily transfer himself to Krsnaloka, without even perceiving the pains of death
- The Bhattacarya's statements were discussed before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Gopinatha Acarya and Mukunda Datta disapproved of the Bhattacarya's statements because they caused mental pain
- The child Krsna, therefore, squeezed Putana's breast so severely that in unbearable pain she had to assume her original body and fell to the ground
- The conditioned soul forgets the trouble of living within the mother's womb during birth, but it is a very painful and terrible experience
- The conditioned soul, although actually spiritual, sometimes experiences pleasure, sometimes pain and sometimes a mixture of pain and pleasure. This is due to his being touched by matter
- The devotees are pained to see the hunting and killing of animals in the forest, the wholesale slaughter of animals in the slaughterhouses, and the exploitation of young girls in brothels that function under different names as clubs and societies
- The elephants, feeling much pain from Garuda's attack on them, all dispersed from the battlefield. Bhaumasura alone remained on the battlefield, and he engaged himself in fighting with Krsna
- The emotions a lover and beloved feel when separated from one another are actually very blissful, although apparently painful
- The friend of Radharani continued, "The only advice I can give You (Radharani) is that You had better leave this scene immediately, because Your misbehavior is giving me too much pain"
- The gopis said, "If You think, however, that Your lotuslike palms might be burned to ashes if placed on our burning breasts, let us assure You (Krsna) that Your palms will feel pleasure instead of pain"
- The King replied, "I had no desire to give pain to Gopinatha Pattanayaka and his family, nor did I know about his being lifted onto the canga to be thrown on the swords and killed"
- The Lord does not feel pain or pleasure from any action or reaction of this material world, but the devotees cannot tolerate even the pricking of the Lord's lotus feet by a thorn
- The next moment he (Kamsa) began to consider: "The boy (Krsna) is certainly not common, because He has lifted Govardhan Hill with His left hand. So what can I do in this connection? Let me go to Vrndavana and inflict pains on all the residents there"
- The same pleasure potency is there in the living being in little quantity, and as soon as they utilize it, it becomes painful. And the same pleasure potency in the spiritual world, Krsna's dancing with gopis, that is not painful. That is pleasing
- Their (the locked up gopis) severely painful yearnings caused by their not being able to see Krsna freed them from all sinful reactions
- There are so many pains when you're old. The body is not strong. We suffer in so many ways, especially rheumatism and indigestion. Then blood pressure, headache, so many things. Therefore one should be trained up how to become dhira
- There is no question of material pains or pleasures for either the Supreme Personality of Godhead or His pure devotees, although they are sometimes superficially said to be distressed or happy. One who is atmarama is blissful in both ways
- There is sometimes agitation against cruelty to animals, but at the same time regular slaughterhouses are always maintained. A Vaisnava is not like that. A Vaisnava can never support animal slaughter or even give pain to any living entity
- These people say the animals have no soul. But that's all right, but he's feeling pain when you are killing the animal. So you also feel pain. So why should you give pain to others? That is Lord Buddha's theory
- These transcendental literature, we have taken much pain to translate them into English so that you can understand. We have got fifty books. So take advantage
- This body is true. We have got body. We don't say it is false. It is true. Bodily pains and pleasures we feel, so how can I say that the body is false?
- This gate (the rectum) is known as Nirrti, or the painful gate
- This is an authoritative statement given by the greatest authority, Narada Muni. If one gives another living entity unnecessary pain, one will certainly be punished by the laws of nature with a similar pain
- This is very much disturbing to me & has caused me much pain. Please therefore stop Kirtanananda from making his mental concoctions. Do not be misled by him. I have never advised him to act like that
- This pain feeling will be stopped as soon as the consciousness is taken away from this body. Dead body, where there is no consciousness, the dead body does not feel even he is chopped up by some chopper, because the consciousness is gone
- This pleasure, sex pleasure, is followed by so many painful things. Tapa-kari
- This should be done on a dark-moon night, and the painful noises expressed by the animal at the time of being slaughtered are not to be heard by anyone
- Thus the man, who engaged with uncontrolled senses in maintaining a family, dies in great grief, seeing his relatives crying. He dies most pathetically, in great pain and without consciousness
- To the extent we are thinking of Krishna, to that extent Maya has no influence. But as much as we are desiring to forget Krishna and trying to enjoy for ourself, so to that extent we must suffer the pains of Maya
- We are all part and parcel of the supreme whole, but not surrendering unto Him, misusing our independence, we are giving pain to the Supreme
- We are struggling. I have got income, say two hundred dollars, so that is not sufficient for me. So I am struggling hard to get five hundred dollars, to avoid this painful situation. Again when in five hundred dollars I feel another pain
- We fear that this is paining You. Since You are our life and soul, our minds are very much disturbed when Your lotus feet are pained
- We feel pain when someone disturbs us, and therefore we should not inflict pain upon other living beings. Lord Buddha's mission was to stop unnecessary animal killing, and therefore he preached that the greatest religious principle is nonviolence
- We have got experience that if we infect some disease, contaminous disease, then we must suffer from that disease. So it is not God's creation that somebody is suffering from some painful condition and somebody is enjoying. No
- What, then, is the use of fruitive activities - which are naturally painful from the beginning and transient by nature - if they are not utilized for the devotional service of the Lord? How can they be very attractive
- Whatever is produced by the materialist with great pain and labor for so-called happiness, the Supreme Personality, as the time factor, destroys, and for this reason the conditioned soul laments
- When a man kills an animal, God, the affectionate father, is perturbed and is pained at heart. Thus the slaughterer of the animal is suitably punished by the material energy, just as a murderer is punished by the government through police action
- When he went farther, he saw a rabbit that was also suffering. Narada Muni was greatly pained at heart to see living entities suffer so
- When King Prataparudra heard all these details, he felt great pain in his mind. "I shall give up all that is due from Gopinatha Pattanayaka," he said, "if Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu will stay here at Jagannatha Puri"
- When one hears praise from his beloved, he outwardly remains neutral but feels pain within his heart. When he hears his beloved making accusations about him, he takes them to be jokes and enjoys pleasure
- When the King asked Mukunda, 'Where is it paining you?' Mukunda replied, 'I am not very much pained'
- When the typhoid is there, either your body is rich body or poor body, you have to suffer the same pain
- When this minute quantity of living spark is gone from the body, the body lies dead, prostrate, and it cannot feel the slightest pain - even if hacked by an ax
- When you take the animal to the slaughterhouse for killing, he cries. Why? Because he's feeling pain. He knows that "I'm going to be killed." So there is soul. Soul is there
- Whenever Nimai falls to the surface of the earth, please do not let Him feel any pain
- Why have you brought Me here, causing Me unnecessary pain? I had a chance to see Krsna's pastimes, but I could not see them
- Worship in the mode of ignorance, as exhibited by Vrkasura, is not only very difficult and painful but is also a useless waste of time