Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
- Padma Purāṇa
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Padma Purana Verses Appearing in CC (20 P)
Pages in category "Padma Purana"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.
- In the Padma Purana it is said
- In the Padma Purana it is said that one should always remember Lord Visnu. This is called dhyana, or meditation - always remembering Krsna
- In the Padma Purana it is stated that "This Mayavada philosophy is covered Buddhism." Lord Siva says to his wife, "My dear Parvati, in the age of Kali, in the garb of a brahmana, I'll have to preach this philosophy."
- He (Rupa Gosvami) has given many evidences from many scriptures, and he has especially quoted one passage from Padma Purana
- How a devotee in the form of a man can desire to become a gopi is stated in the Padma Purana
- How the Krsna consciousness movement can attract the attention of the whole world and how each and every man can feel pleasure in this Krsna consciousness is stated in the Padma Purana
- In Padma Purana, the gradual process of evolution is there. This evolution theory put forwarded by Darwin, that is nonsense. Because the Darwin's theory is evolution of this body
- In the chanting of the holy name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, this gurv-aparadha is considered the most grievous offense. Guror avajna sruti-sastra-nindanam (Padma Purana)
- In the Padma Purana also it is stated, "The chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra is present only on the lips of a person who has for many births worshiped Vasudeva"
- In the Padma Purana also there is reference to the Bhagavatam in a conversation between Gautama and Maharaja Ambarisa. The king was advised therein to read regularly Srimad-Bhagavatam if he desired liberation from material bondage
- In the Padma Purana it is said, "Krsna, or Hari, is the master of all demigods, and therefore He is always worshipable. But this does not mean that one should not offer respect to the demigods"
- In the Padma Purana it is stated that even a person whose life is completely sinful will be completely protected by the Lord if he simply surrenders unto Him
- In the Padma Purana it is stated that King Bhagiratha was the emperor above all other kings, yet he developed such ecstatic love for Krsna that he became a mendicant and went out begging even to the homes of his political enemies and untouchables
- In the Padma Purana it is stated that the Personality of Godhead ordered His Lordship Siva to deviate the human race from Him. The Personality of Godhead was to be so covered so that people would be encouraged to generate more and more population
- In the Padma Purana the evolution theory is described. That is taken away by Darwin, and in a perverted way he has described Darwin's theory of evolution; but that is not very scientific, although it is going on as scientific. But evolution theory is fact
- In the Padma Purana there is a statement about ecstatic love born of spontaneous affection. Candrakanti, a celebrated fair-faced girl, rigidly observed celibacy in order to obtain Krsna as her husband
- In the Padma Purana there is a statement about remembering the activities of the Lord, "A person who is always engaged in meditation on the sweet pastimes and wonderful activities of the Lord surely becomes freed from all material contamination"
- In the Padma Purana there is a statement about the importance of living at holy places like Mathura or Dvaraka
- In the Padma Purana there is a statement describing how a Vaisnava should decorate his body with tilaka and beads
- In the Padma Purana there is a statement that one should perform the ceremonies for the Lord according to one's financial position
- In the Padma Purana there is a statement, "For any person who is chanting the holy name either softly or loudly, the paths to liberation and even heavenly happiness are at once open"
- In the Padma Purana there is the story of a neophyte devotee who, in order to raise himself to the ecstatic platform, danced all night to invoke the Lord's grace upon him
- In the Padma Purana, it is also stated that out of the innumerable names of the Lord, the name of Krsna is the principal one
- In the Padma Purana, there is a nice statement praising the service of the Vaisnavas or devotees
- It is described in the Padma Purana that even a person who has never been able to give in charity, who has never been able to perform a great sacrifice, who has never been able to study the Vedas, who has never been able to worship the Lord
- It is mentioned in the Padma Purana, Maharaja Nanda & the cowherd boys of Vrndavana joined the marriage ceremony. Kings from the kingdoms of Kuru, Srnjaya, Kekaya, Vidarbha, Kunti all came to Dvaraka on this occasion & met with one another very joyfully
- Padma Purana recommends that one always fix his mind on the form of Visnu by meditation and not forget Him at any moment. And this state of consciousness is called samadhi, or trance
- Padma Purana said, "And when they (people lower than sudra) are properly dressed, with tilaka on their bodies and beads in their hands and on their necks, they appear to be coming from Vaikuntha"
- Padma Purana said, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Lord Krsna, because if someone remembers Him, either at the time of death or during his span of life, he becomes freed from all sinful reactions"
- Padma Purana says that only when one becomes spiritually saturated by the transcendental service to the Lord, then, are the transcendental name, form, quality and pastimes of the Lord revealed to you
- Padma Purana states, "Even if there is some material loss, one should not be perturbed, but should always think of Krsna within Himself"
- So all living entities, as Krishna said, existed in a different body. Now existing in a different body. This is called evolution or transmigration. This is evolution theory. Not theory, fact. In the Padma Purana... It is not Darwin's invention
- Srila Jiva Gosvami instructs that chanting of the holy name of the Lord should be loudly done, and it should be performed offenselessly as well, as recommended in the Padma Purana
- Straightforwardness in Ordinary Dealings. There is a statement in the Padma Purana, "Persons who are engaged in Krsna consciousness should never be disturbed by some material gain or loss"
- The Aditya Purana, Markandeya Purana and Padma Purana tell about a brahmana who was suffering from leprosy but had a very chaste and faithful wife
- The Padma Purana also describes a place in the spiritual sky known as Vedavati-pura, where Vasudeva resides. In Visnuloka, which is above Satyaloka, Sankarsana resides. Maha-sankarsana is another name of Sankarsana
- The Padma Purana recommends: somehow or other, always think of Visnu without forgetting Him under any circumstances. Actually, this is the most basic of all regulative principles
- The Padma Purana says, jalaja nava-laksani sthavara laksa-vimsati, krmayor rudra-sankhyakah. There are, nava-laksani, 900,000 species of life within the water
- The position of the nitya-siddhas is explained in the Padma Purana in connection with the narration of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and Satyabhamadevi
- There are other transcendental qualities of Krsna which are described by Siva to Parvati in the Padma Purana & in the First Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, in connection with a conversation between the demigod of the earth and the King of religion, Yamaraj
- There is a statement in Padma Purana describing the ritualistic function during the month of Karttika (October-November)
- There is more evidence in Padma Purana, in the Kasikhanda portion, where it is said, "In the country known as Mayuradhvaja, the lower caste people who are considered less than sudras are also initiated in the Vaisnava cult of devotional service"
- There is this specific statement in the Padma Purana, "A person who honors the prasadam and regularly eats it, not exactly in front of the Deity, along with caranamrtam"
- This ignorance of factual knowledge can also be dissipated by Krsna consciousness, as is confirmed in the Padma Purana as follows
- This is confirmed in the Padma Purana, wherein it is said that there are two kinds of spiritual entities: one is called the jiva, and the other is called the Supreme Lord
- This Padma Purana is meant for the persons who are in the modes of goodness
- This quotation from Padma Purana, you take it and distribute it by transcribing to all our devotees