Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Except (11 C, 114 P)
- ► Other than Devotional Service to God (4 P)
Pages in category "Other Than"
The following 150 pages are in this category, out of 150 total.
- A chaste woman will never accept any man other than her husband, even if there be someone equally as handsome and qualified
- A devotee has no vision in his life other than Krsna
- A devotee is callous to all subjects other than his engagement in devotional service. This mode of life is the highest perfectional stage
- A pure devotee must not cherish any desire other than to serve Krsna. He should not offer worship to the demigods or to mundane personalities. He should not cultivate artificial knowledge, which is devoid of Krsna consciousness
- A vaisnava-aparadha cannot be atoned for by any means other than by begging the pardon of the offended Vaisnava
- A woman was sometimes allowed to be impregnated by someone other than her husband, but the sons born of her would then become her husband's sons
- According to scriptural injunctions, one is forbidden to engage in sex relationships with any women other than one's wife. All other women are to be considered as one's mother
- Advancement of human civilization must be towards the goal of establishing our lost relationship with God, which is not possible in any form of life other than the human
- All living entities other than the impersonalists and monists can directly take to devotional service in full Krsna consciousness and become liberated by developing transcendental loving service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- All transcendentalists other than devotees make no distinction between the individual soul and the Supersoul because they miscalculate the Superconsciousness and the individual consciousness to be one and the same
- Although Nityananda Prabhu is none other than Balarama Himself, He nonetheless always thinks of Himself as the eternal servant of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Although there were many others who assembled at the place where Pariksit was fasting, the natural conclusion is that there was no topic other than the glorification of Krsna, because the principal speaker was Sukadeva and the chief audience was Pariksit
- An ordinary living being begets a child by sexual intercourse, and he has no other means to beget a child other than the one designed for him. But Narayana, being omnipotent, is not bound to any condition of energy
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, what is the use of talking about Krsna? If you are at all interested in passing time by talking, let us talk on some subject other than Him"
- Any person who becomes attracted to places other than Mathura will certainly be captivated by the illusory energy
- Anyone who is preaching something else other than God consciousness, he is a cheater. Because real progress of life is to become God conscious
- As soon as Krsna was pleased by the fighting, Jambavan immediately understood that his opponent was none other than the Supreme Lord Himself. The conclusion is that he could understand Krsna by his service, for Krsna is sometimes satisfied by fighting
- Atheistic kings or state executive heads, try to equip themselves with all kinds of deadly weapons to bring about a war in a peaceful society. They have no ambition other than personal aggrandizement, and thus mother earth feels overburdened
- Because a person entangled in material activities wants to hear stories of material activities, Narada Muni turned to the topics of King Puranjana, who is none other than King Pracinabarhisat
- Brhaspati said: You foolish woman, your womb, which was meant for me to impregnate, has been impregnated by someone other than me
- By Your bodily features we can see that You are none other than the son of Nanda Maharaja, although the golden luster of Your body has covered Your original complexion
- Candrasekhara continued, "There is no talk at Varanasi other than discussions on the six philosophical theses. Nonetheless, Tapana Misra has been very kind to me, for he speaks about topics relating to Lord Krsna"
- Cheating oneself and cheating others is called kaitava. Associating with those who cheat in this way is called duhsanga, bad association. Those who desire things other than Krsna's service are also called duhsanga, bad association
- Devahuti, the mother of Kapila, instead of prolonging her prayers, summarized that Lord Kapila was none other than Visnu and that since she was a woman it was not possible for her to worship Him properly simply by prayer
- Devotees, having no shelter other than the Supreme Personality of Godhead, naturally cry to Him (Krsna) for help, exactly like children who do not know anything but the protection of their parents
- Factually, in no country other than India have the great sages endeavored so much for the realization of the spirit self
- For achieving perfection in Krsna consciousness, no qualification is required other than to be constantly engaged in the loving service of Krsna, the supreme nectar, the reservoir of all pleasure
- For devotional service is dependent on nothing other than the sentiment or desire for such service. It requires nothing more than sincerity
- Gopis said, "We are all beautiful girls, and You are so foolish that You are rejecting our association. We do not know anyone, other than Yourself, who would miss this opportunity to associate with young girls in the dead of night"
- Grant me that I not die within any residence or outside any residence, during the daytime or at night, nor on the ground or in the sky. Grant me that my death not be brought about by any being other than those created by you, nor by any weapon
- He (Mucukunda) could see also that the dense darkness within the mountain cave had been dissipated by the Lord's presence; therefore He could not be other than the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- He (Srutadeva) was very learned and had no desire other than to be fully situated in Krsna consciousness
- He sometimes forces. He puts you in such circumstances that you have no other way than to surrender to Krsna. Yes. That is special favor
- He would have to be employed, however, to kill someone other than a qualified brahmana. If all these conditions were met, then Daksinagni, accompanied by Lord Siva's ghostly companions, would fulfill the desire of Sudaksina to kill his enemy
- I have never said that Siddhasvarupa is a pure devotee, but every one can become a pure devotee if he has no other desire than to serve Krsna and the Spiritual Master
- I know that Supreme Personality of Godhead who is transcendental to all material conceptions of darkness. Only he who knows Him can transcend the bonds of birth and death. There is no way for liberation other than this knowledge of that Supreme Person
- If a woman is attached to a man other than her husband, she will appear very busy in carrying out her household affairs, but within her heart she is always relishing feelings of association with her paramour
- In Bhagavad-gita, it is said that anything performed in the material world for any reason other than for the pleasure of Lord Visnu causes further bondage for the performer
- In forms of the Personality of Godhead other than Sri Krsna and Baladeva, there is no facility for intimate personal contact as in the transcendental pastimes of the Lord at Vrajabhumi
- In Goloka Vrndavana no one has any desire other than to love Krsna
- In Goloka Vrndavana there is an exchange of love known as parakiya-rasa. It is something like the attraction of a married woman for a man other than her husband
- In order to draw the attention of the Lord, the Krsna conscious devotee has to serve Him in great love and devotion. Krsna cannot be pleased by any action other than transcendental loving service unto Him
- In the material world this sort of relationship (the attraction of a married woman for a man other than her husband) is most abominable because it is a perverted reflection of the parakiya-rasa in the spiritual world
- In the mechanical system of mystic yoga, the airs within the body are controlled, and the senses are subdued and checked from being engaged in anything other than meditation upon Lord Visnu
- In this Age of Kali there is no religion other than the chanting of the holy name of the Lord, but how in this age will the Lord appear as an incarnation?
- In this Age of Kali there is no religious principle other than the chanting of the holy name, which is the essence of all Vedic hymns. This is the purport of all scriptures
- Incarnations or sons of God are not making propaganda for going back to Godhead only within the human society. Their work is also going on in all types of societies, amongst demigods and those other than human beings
- It has become the fashion of this age to be falsely proud of having taken birth in the family of a ksatriya or a brahmana, we see persons without any qualification other than birth claiming to be a brahmana or ksatriya or vaisya
- It is incumbent upon the human beings to hear because the scriptures like Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam are made for that purpose. Living beings other than human beings have no ability to hear such Vedic literatures
- It is said that if Abhirama Thakura offered obeisances to any stone other than a salagrama-sila, it would immediately fracture
- It was definitely proved that Rukmini was none other than the original goddess of fortune, who is always engaged in the service of the lotus feet of Narayana
- Jambavan continued, "Now I can understand that You are none other than my Lord Ramacandra. No one else has such immeasurable strength; no one else could defeat me in this way"
- Just suitable, for the age, is the method recommended by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in terms of the sastra. Such a method requires no expenditure at all and yet can award more benefit than other expensive methods of yajna performances
- Kardama Muni continued: What is the use of enjoyments other than the Lord's grace? All material achievements are subject to be annihilated simply by a movement of the eyebrows of Lord Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Knowing all this (Asvatthama releasing brahmastra to kill all the male members in Pandu's family), Lord Sri Krsna at once took up His personal weapon to protect His devotees, who did not know anyone other than Krsna
- Living entities other than human beings have no capacity to understand transcendental subjects. The human being is therefore considered to be the highest of all creations, and we must understand the nature of this higher standing
- Lord Caitanya accepted many devotees from communities other than the varnasramites
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced Haridasa Thakura and informed him that he was none other than an incarnation of Prahlada Maharaja
- Lord's glorious acts & acceptance of various transcendental forms for the performance of extraordinary pastimes in the mortal world are very difficult for anyone other than His devotees to understand & for the beasts they are simply a mental disturbance
- No genuine religious principles other than...
- No one can bind Krsna by any means other than love. He is bound only by obligation to His devotees, because of their ecstatic love for Him
- No one else (other than a liberated soul) can either know or describe the acts of the Lord, even if they speculate on the subject for many, many year
- No one other than the Supreme Personality of Godhead, as the localized Paramatma, the partial representation of the Lord, is directing all inanimate and animate objects. He is present in the three phases of time-past, present and future
- Now Gajendra was in danger, and although he was in a body other than that of a human being, he remembered the stotra he had chanted in his previous life
- Now, when these senses are used for other than God's purpose, that is bondage, conditioned life. When the senses are purified and it is used for God's purpose, that is natural life
- O most unfortunate Prahlada, you have always described a supreme being other than me, a supreme being who is above everything, who is the controller of everyone, and who is all-pervading. But where is He?
- O my Lord, I am Your unmotivated servant, and You are my eternal master. There is no need of our being anything other than master and servant. You are naturally my master, and I am naturally Your servant. We have no other relationship
- O unlimited reservoir of transcendental qualities, You have killed Hiranyakasipu, & saved me from his sword. He had said very angrily, "If there is any supreme controller other than me, let Him save you. I shall now sever your head from your body."
- Of all these devotees, the gopis are recognized as superior because they do not know anything other than satisfying Krsna. Nor do the gopis expect any return from Krsna
- On one occasion the Lord inquired, "Of all types of education, which is the most important?" Ramananda Raya replied, "No education is important other than the transcendental devotional service of Krsna"
- One has to become confident about this, and one also has to be confident that all activities other than devotional service - such as mental speculation, fruitive work or mystic endeavor - will never yield any enduring benefit
- One should practice a little austerity and not spend money on anything other than the regulative life of devotional service
- One who is nitya-siddha has no business other than broadcasting the glories of the Lord all over the world according to his ability. Such people are already associates of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Our Krsna consciousness movement follows this principle. We do not recognize any method for spiritual realization other than Krsna consciousness, devotional service
- Since everything in the spiritual world is absolute, in the spiritual varieties of apparent pleasure and pain there is no perception other than eternal bliss
- Since one cannot visually experience the presence of the Supersoul, He appears before us as a liberated devotee. Such a spiritual master is none other than Krsna Himself
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "All of them (the demons) are very strong, so it is very difficult to approach this place. Dear brothers, You are the only persons who can kill such demons. Other than You, no one can go there for fear of being killed"
- Sridhara Svami's commentary on the Srimad-Bhagavatam, "Such a transcendental devotee regards any kind of happiness other than devotional service as no better than straw in the street"
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami begins this verse (SB 2.2.36) with the word tasmat, or "therefore," because in the previous verse he has already explained that there is no auspicious means for salvation other than the sublime process of bhakti-yoga
- Srila Vyasadeva had no interest in writing a history of mundane activities other than to give less intelligent persons a chance for transcendental realization through Bhagavad-gita
- Srila Vyasadeva should not have compiled any Puranas other than the Bhagavata Purana because a slight deviation from that may create havoc for self-realization
- Such feelings (which are something like the attraction of a married woman for a man other than her husband) between the devotee and the Lord are presented by the influence of yogamaya
- Sukadeva Gosvami answered: Pradyumna, the eldest son of Krsna, born of Rukmini, was Cupid himself. He was so beautiful and attractive that the daughter of Rukmi, namely Rukmavati, could not select any husband other than Pradyumna during her svayamvara
- Sukadeva Gosvami explains that there is no auspicious means for salvation other than the sublime process of bhakti-yoga
- Tapana Misra then said, "My dear Lord, as long as You stay at Varanasi, please do not accept any invitation other than mine"
- The devotee has no other concern than to satisfy the desires of the Lord. That is the highest stage of perfection, called nirvana or nirvana-mukti. At this stage the mind becomes completely free from material desire
- The devotee of Lord Krsna has no desire other than serving Krsna. Even so-called liberated people are full of desires. Fruitive actors desire better living accommodations, and jnanis want to be one with the Supreme
- The example set herein is exactly suitable. It is said that one who is hungry is never satisfied by anything other than food
- The Fifth Chapter describes the truth of Lord Nityananda Prabhu, who is none other than Balarama, the son of Rohini
- The living entities are therefore called jivatma, and the Supreme Lord is called Paramatma. Both the Paramatma and the jivatma are within this material world, and therefore this material world has a purpose other than sense gratification
- The Lord tells Arjuna that those who are purely in Krsna consciousness and do not know anything other than Krsna are called mahatma
- The materialist wrongly thinks that there is no creator other than his own self. This is called maya, or illusion
- The materialistic scientists' contention that living entities other than human beings have no soul is nullified herein
- The pradhana, the chief cause of all causes in the impersonal vision, is none other than the Supreme Lord, whom one can see face to face in the internal potency. He takes the material all-pervasive form by His inconceivable power
- The process of bhakti is understood by the paramahamsa, one who has accepted the essence of everything. The results of bhakti are reserved for such a paramahamsa, and this stage cannot be obtained by any Vedic process other than devotional service
- The same principle holds for a woman also; if she enjoys sex with a man other than her husband, the act is tantamount to having sexual relations with her father or son
- The sastra enjoins that even if good qualifications are seen in a person born in a family other than that of a brahmana, the qualified man has to be accepted as a brahmana
- The sons of the demons replied: Dear Prahlada, neither you nor we know any teacher or spiritual master other than Sanda and Amarka, the sons of Sukracarya. After all, we are children and they our controllers
- The spiritual master who is fully surrendered unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead and has no business other than the Lord’s service is called the best of the paramahamsas
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is very merciful to the poor, will fulfill all of your desires, for devotional service unto Him is infallible. Any method other than devotional service is useless. That is my opinion
- The terrible fear of birth and death can never be forsaken by anyone who resorts to any shelter other than Myself, for I am the almighty Lord, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the original source of all creation, and also the Supreme Soul of all souls
- The whole idea of material creation is to revive the dormant God consciousness of the living entity. In forms of life other than the human form, sexual pleasure is prominent without any motive of service for the mission of the Lord
- There are 8,400,000 species of life. Out of that, eight million species are other than human being, and 400,000 species human being. Out of that, civilized persons are very few
- There is no other cause of all causes than the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari. Therefore this verse aham eva never indicates anything other than the Supreme Lord, and one should therefore follow the path of the Brahma-sampradaya
- There is no supreme controller other than Krsna
- There may be many all-auspicious incarnations of the Personality of Godhead, but who other than Lord Sri Krsna can bestow love of God upon the surrendered souls?
- Therefore, whether one is a demigod or a demon, a man or a creature other than man, such as a beast or bird, everyone should worship Lord Ramacandra, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who appears on this earth just like a human being
- These are confidential pastimes of the son of Saci. Other than devotees, no one knows of this incident
- These singers and dancers had no means of subsistence other than the rewards of valuable garments and ornaments left by the queens and kings on such occasions
- They (Dhrtarastra, Bhisma, Vidura and Arjuna) concluded that the girl (Laksmana, Duryodhana's daughter) could not be married to any boy other than Samba, since she had already been touched by him
- They (the asuras) have no ambition other than personal aggrandizement, and thus mother earth feels overburdened by such undue increases of military strength
- They began to say, "Our dear Krsna! O S. Personality of God! Our dear Balarama, reservoir of all strength! Please try to save us from this all-devouring and devastating fire. We have no shelter other than You. This devastating fire will swallow us all"
- They say that this world is unreal, that there is no foundation and that there is no God in control. It is produced of sex desire, and has no cause other than lust. BG 16.8 - 1972
- They say that this world is unreal, with no foundation, no God in control. They say it is produced of sex desire and has no cause other than lust
- This is Murari Mahiti, the brother of Sikhi Mahiti. He has nothing other than Your lotus feet
- This process of transmigration is very subtle; therefore Srila Rupa Gosvami advises devotees to train their minds in order that they will be unable to remember anything other than Krsna
- Those who are actually learned and advanced in spiritual life do not accept any leader, husband or maintainer other than the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Those who collect contributions on behalf of ISKCON should be very careful not to use even a farthing of the collection for any purpose other than the transcendental loving service of the Lord
- Those who want to live forever without changing their material bodies should not waste valuable time with topics other than those relating to Lord Krsna and His devotees
- Those willing to hear the message of this scripture in a submissive attitude of service can at once capture the Supreme Lord in their hearts. Therefore there is no need for any scripture other than Srimad-Bhagavatam
- To counteract the scorching heat of the Siva-jvara, there is no other weapon but the Narayana-jvara. Therefore, when Lord Krsna saw that the Siva-jvara had been released by Lord Siva, He had no recourse other than to release the Narayana-jvara
- To renounce material association, he accepted the vanaprastha order and went to the forest. His devoted wives followed him, for they had no shelter other than their husband
- Two hours later, in a quiet place, Pradyumna regained consciousness, and when he saw that he was in a place other than the battlefield, he addressed the charioteer and condemned him
- Uddhava said, "If there is anyone who can conquer this king (Jarasandha), he is none other than Bhimasena because he also possesses the strength of ten thousand elephants"
- Unalloyed devotees, who have no desire other than to serve the Lord, worship Him in full surrender and always hear and chant about His activities, which are most wonderful and auspicious
- Until one has love for Lord Vasudeva, who is none other than Myself, he is certainly not delivered from having to accept a material body again and again
- Upon seeing transcendental Vaisnavism in Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, everyone could understand that Lord Caitanya was none other than Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja
- Varahadeva is the enjoyer of all sacrifices, and He is the unconquerable Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is never to be misunderstood to be other than the Supreme Lord because of His assuming the form of a boar to lift the earth
- Visvambhara (Lord Caitanya) and Nityananda were eating together, and Sacidevi realized that They were none other than Krsna and Balarama. Seeing this, she fainted
- Vyasadeva, the supreme authority on Vedic literature, composed the verse beginning 'nayam sukhapo bhagavan' because no one can enter into the rasa-lila dance in any body other than that of a gopi
- We have to search out our eternal peace and prosperity in the kingdom of God, which is a place other than this mortal world
- We should not allow anyone to hold any function in our temple other than on Vaisnava principle
- Whatever a pure devotee wants from his master, Lord Krsna doubtlessly grants because He has no duty other than to fulfill the desire of His devotee
- Whatever we (Narada Muni) can understand by the nomenclature, characteristics and features of a particular thing - superior, inferior or equal, eternal or temporary - is not created from any source other than that of Your Lordship (Brahma)
- Whatever we can understand by the nomenclature, characteristics and features of a particular thing - superior, inferior or equal, eternal or temporary - is not created from any source other than that of Your Lordship, thou so great
- When consciousness is purely centered on Krsna (Krsna consciousness), it is pure, and when consciousness is centered on something other than Krsna, or when it is directed to sense gratification, it may be called non-Krsna consciousness
- When everyone heard Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's explanation of the atmarama-sloka, everyone was astonished and struck with wonder. They concluded that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was none other than Lord Krsna Himself
- When the sankirtana movement thus started, no one in Navadvipa could hear any sound other than the words "Hari! Hari!" and the beating of the mrdanga and clashing of hand bells
- When the sankirtana resounded, it filled the three worlds. Indeed, no one could hear any sounds or musical instruments other than the sankirtana
- When we ask from Krsna anything other than devotional service, that is pious activities. That is not devotional activities. Devotional activity is different from pious activity
- Whereas a jnana-yogi, karma-yogi or hatha-yogi has his own selfish interests, a perfect devotee has no desire other than to please the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore the Lord says that for anyone who is devoted to Him, He is easy to attain
- Who, other than one who is not a human being, can exist in this world and not be interested in the ultimate goal of life? Who can refuse the nectar of narrations about the PG's activities, which by itself can deliver one from all material pangs?
- Without waiting any longer, the brahmana took the presentation and proceeded toward Dvaraka to see his Lord. He was absorbed in the thought of how he would be able to see Lord Krsna. He had no thought within his heart other than Krsna
- Yogis other than the devotees - namely the karma-yogi and jnana-yogi - worship You by their respective actions in their respective positions. It is stated both in the Vedas and in the sastras that are corollaries of the Vedas
- You cannot avoid service, but service other than Krsna will be frustration. But you serve Krsna, you'll be satisfied, the Supreme Lord will be satisfied, and your life will be successful
- You'll get all this, nice position, nice wife, nice power, famous... All this material, not spiritual. So to worship any other demigod than Krsna is materialism. That is not spiritualism