Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
oil | oils | oiled | oiling | oilmine
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Oil"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- After all inauspicious things were driven away by the chanting of the mantra, the Deity's bathing ceremony started. First the Deity was massaged with a large quantity of oil, so that His body became very glossy
- After saying this, Jagadananda Pandita took the jug of oil from the room and threw it down before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in the courtyard and broke it
- After the maha-snana was finished, the Deity was again massaged with scented oil and His body made glossy. Then the last bathing ceremony was performed with scented water kept within a conchshell
- All the cows, bulls and calves were smeared with a mixture of oil and turmeric and painted with minerals like red oxide, yellow clay and manganese. They wore garlands of peacock feathers and were covered with nice colored cloths and gold necklaces
- Before taking a bath there are other auspicious substances, such as turmeric mixed with mustard seed oil, which are smeared all over the body. All kinds of auspicious substances were used to bathe Devahuti from top to toe
- Bhajananandi is interested for his own welfare, or they think it that he is not competent enough to preach; therefore he does not go for preaching work. Sva-vimukti-kama: "Let me look after my own affairs." "Oil your own machine"
- Brahmacaris or grhasthas who have taken the vow of celibacy as described above should not indulge in the following: applying powder or ointment to the eyes, massaging the head with oil, massaging the body with the hands, seeing a woman or painting a woman
- Deliver the oil to the temple of Jagannatha so that it may be burned in the lamps. Thus your labor in preparing the oil will be fruitful
- Deliver this oil to the temple of Jagannatha, where it may be burned in the lamps. In this way, Jagadananda's labor in manufacturing the oil will be perfectly successful
- Have I taken sannyasa for such happiness? Accepting this oil would bring My ruination, and all of you would laugh
- He (Dhanvantari) was dressed in yellow garments and wore brightly polished earrings made of pearls. The tips of his hair were anointed with oil, and his chest was very broad
- He (Kamsa) also dreamed that someone gave him poison and he was drinking it. He dreamed also that he was going naked with a garland of flowers and was smearing oil all over his body
- If in our vicinity some such industry (coal or oil industry) is started, the whole idea of Vrindaban will fade away. Vrindaban conception is a transcendental village, without any botheration of the modern industrial atmosphere
- If someone passing on the road smelled this oil on My head, he would think Me a dari sannyasi, a tantric sannyasi who keeps women
- In the Twelfth Chapter are descriptions of how Jagadananda Pandita broke a pot of oil and how Lord Nityananda chastised Sivananda Sena
- It is his desire that Your Lordship apply a little of this oil on Your head so that blood pressure due to bile and air will be considerably diminished
- Oil your own machine
- On each and every planet there are oceans also. On some of the planets the oceans are of salt water, and on some of them there are oceans of milk. On others there are oceans of liquor, and on others there are oceans of ghee or oil
- One should not enter the Deity room or touch the body of the Deity after having smeared oil over his body. 22) One should not show disrespect to a scripture teaching about the supremacy of the Lord
- Sometimes a salesman can say something extraordinary in order to sell something, but that is not fraud. Just like they are selling this oil, saying that if you rub it on your bald head, hair will grow
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Jagadananda Pandita, "My dear Pandita, you have brought Me some oil from Bengal, but since I am in the renounced order, I cannot accept it"
- Subuddhi Raya used to spend his savings to supply yogurt to Bengali Vaisnavas who came to Mathura. He also gave them cooked rice and oil massages. When he saw a poverty-stricken Vaisnava, he would use his money to feed him
- Sugandhi udvartana refers to a paste made of several perfumes and fragrant oils. This paste is massaged all over the body, and in this way the body's dirt and perspiration are removed
- The dead body of Satrajit was not immediately removed for cremation because Satyabhama wanted to go to Krsna in Hastinapura. Therefore the body was preserved in a tank of oil so that Krsna could come back and see the dead body of Satrajit
- The devotee must be clean, inside and outside, both. Outside cleaning by taking bath, washing the body with oil or soap or soda, and inside, materially, there will be no unclean things, stool, unnecessary stool
- The floating of the planets in the weightless air is due to the inner constitution of the globes, and the modernized drilling of the earth to exploit oil from within is a sort of disturbance by the modern demons
- The form of the Lord, though represented by material qualities such as stone, wood or oil paint, is not actually material. That is the absolute nature of the Supreme Lord
- The living entities are always in pure goodness. This material covering is separated. The living entities can be freed from material covering at any moment. Just like water and oil, it is always separated; it does not mix
- The Lord replied, "A sannyasi has no use for oil, especially perfumed oil such as this. Take it out immediately"
- The men and women of Hastinapura, or Indraprastha, their bodies smeared with scents and floral oils, were nicely dressed in colorful garments and decorated with garlands, jewels and ornaments
- The reporter asked me "What is the solution of this oil crisis?" The solution is Krsna consciousness, it is already there, but you rascal, you will not take it. Solution is already there
- The two professional dancing girls are beautiful and youthful, yet Sri Ramananda Raya personally massages their entire bodies with oil
- The wife of Srivasa Thakura whose name was Malini, accompanied by the wife of Candrasekhara (Acaryaratna) & other ladies came there in great happiness to worship the baby with paraphernalia such as vermilion, turmeric, oil, fused rice, bananas & coconuts
- Then the gopis on the riverbank rendered service by massaging Krsna and the other gopis with scented oil and smearing paste of amalaki fruit on their bodies
- They (the queens) fanned Him (Krsna) nicely, offered Him fragrant essential floral oil, decorated Him with flower garlands, dressed His hair, asked Him to lie down to take rest, bathed Him personally and fed Him palatable dishes
- They filled a large earthen pot with the aromatic oil, and with great care Jagadananda Pandita brought it to Nilacala, Jagannatha Puri
- This oil was placed in the care of Govinda, and Jagadananda requested him, "Please rub this oil on the body of the Lord"
- To be outwardly clean, one should regularly bathe with soap and oil, and to be inwardly clean one should always be absorbed in thoughts of Krsna
- Turmeric mixed with oil and vermilion makes an auspicious ointment that is smeared over the body of a newborn baby or a person who is going to marry. These are all auspicious activities in family affairs
- When something is reflected on the water, it appears to be moving. When it is reflected on ice, it appears fixed. When it is reflected on oil, it appears hazy. The subject is one, but under different conditions it appears differently
- When ten days had passed, Govinda again told Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "It is the desire of Jagadananda Pandita that Your Lordship accept the oil"
- When the luminaries in the sky, such as the moon, the sun and the stars, are reflected in liquids like oil or water, they appear to be of different shapes - sometimes round, sometimes long, and so on - because of the movements of the wind
- While they (the cowherd women) were blessing child Krsna in this way, they offered a mixture of turmeric powder, oil, yogurt, milk and water. They sprinkled this mixture not only on the body of child Krsna but on all other persons who were present there
- Worship of the Deity in the temple is saguna worship, for the Lord is represented by material qualities. But the form of the Lord, though represented by material qualities such as stone, wood or oil paint, is not actually material