oil | oils | oiled | oiling | oilmine
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Oil"
The following 88 pages are in this category, out of 88 total.
- A mother sometimes cares for her son by combing his hair, massaging his body with oil, or bathing him. Similarly, the wife of the teacher is also a mother (guru-patni), and therefore she may also care for the disciple in a motherly way
- After all inauspicious things were driven away by the chanting of the mantra, the Deity's bathing ceremony started. First the Deity was massaged with a large quantity of oil, so that His body became very glossy
- After eating, one should not worship the Deity until one has digested his food, nor should one touch the Deity or engage in any Deity worship after eating safflower oil or hing. These are also offenses
- After saying this, Jagadananda Pandita took the jug of oil from the room and threw it down before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in the courtyard and broke it
- After the maha-snana was finished, the Deity was again massaged with scented oil and His body made glossy. Then the last bathing ceremony was performed with scented water kept within a conchshell
- After this, all the thieves, according to their imaginative ritual for killing animalistic men, bathed Jada Bharata, dressed him in new clothes, decorated him with ornaments befitting an animal, smeared his body with scented oils
- All the cows, bulls and calves were smeared with a mixture of oil and turmeric and painted with minerals like red oxide, yellow clay and manganese. They wore garlands of peacock feathers and were covered with nice colored cloths and gold necklaces
- Are your wives, citizens, secretaries and servants and the merchants who sell spices and oil under your control? Are you also in full control of ministers, the inhabitants of your palace, your provincial governors, your sons and your other dependents?
- As a machine part requires oiling and cleaning for maintenance, similarly, a Krsna conscious man maintains himself by his work just to remain fit for action in the transcendental loving service of the Lord. BG 1972 purports
- As in an oil-pressing machine, this first axle is attached to a second axle, which is one-fourth as long (3,937,500 yojanas, or 31,500,000 miles). The upper end of this second axle is attached to Dhruvaloka by a rope of wind
- Bahyabhyantara-sucih: inside and outside. Outside by taking bath, washing with soda, soap, or if soda, soap is not available, with earth or oil. That is external cleanliness
- Because the gopis are worshipable personalities, Ramananda Raya, who considered the two girls gopis and himself their maidservant, engaged in their service by massaging their bodies with oil to cleanse them completely
- Before taking a bath there are other auspicious substances, such as turmeric mixed with mustard seed oil, which are smeared all over the body. All kinds of auspicious substances were used to bathe Devahuti from top to toe
- Bhajananandi is interested for his own welfare, or they think it that he is not competent enough to preach; therefore he does not go for preaching work. Sva-vimukti-kama: "Let me look after my own affairs." "Oil your own machine"
- Brahmacaris or grhasthas who have taken the vow of celibacy as described (SB 7.12.12) should not indulge in the following: applying powder or ointment to the eyes, massaging the head with oil or the body with the hands, seeing a woman or painting her
- Brahmacaris or grhasthas who have taken the vow of celibacy as described above should not indulge in the following: applying powder or ointment to the eyes, massaging the head with oil, massaging the body with the hands
- Deliver the oil to the temple of Jagannatha so that it may be burned in the lamps. Thus your labor in preparing the oil will be fruitful
- Deliver this oil to the temple of Jagannatha, where it may be burned in the lamps. In this way, Jagadananda's labor in manufacturing the oil will be perfectly successful
- Enjoying the ceremony, they threw on one another liquid substances like water, oil, milk, butter and yogurt. Some even smeared these on each other's bodies. In this way, they enjoyed the occasion
- Especially in India, there is practically no ghee; for everything that should be done with ghee, people use a certain type of oil preparation. Oil, however, is never recommended for offering in a sacrificial fire
- Have I taken sannyasa for such happiness? Accepting this oil would bring My ruination, and all of you would laugh
- He (Dhanvantari) was dressed in yellow garments and wore brightly polished earrings made of pearls. The tips of his hair were anointed with oil, and his chest was very broad
- He (Kamsa) also dreamed that someone gave him poison and he was drinking it. He dreamed also that he was going naked with a garland of flowers and was smearing oil all over his body
- He (Prahlada) was thrown in a fire, in boiling oil, from the top of a hill, underneath the legs of an elephant, and he was administered poison
- He didn't care for winter or summer, wind or rain, and he never covered his body at any time. He lay on the ground, and never smeared oil on his body or took a bath
- He is well decorated with an ornamental wreath about His waist and rings studded with valuable jewels on His fingers. His leglets, His bangles, His oiled hair, curling with a bluish tint, and His beautiful smiling face are all very pleasing
- Hiranyakasipu planned a campaign to kill Prahlada Maharaja. He would kill his son by administering poison to him while he was eating, by making him sit in boiling oil, or by throwing him under the feet of an elephant while he was lying down
- His brothers used to give him broken rice, oil cakes, the chaff of rice, worm-eaten grains and burned grains that had stuck to the pot, but he gladly accepted all this as if it were nectar. He did not hold any grudges and ate all this very gladly
- If a person were put into a pot of oil and the pot were set to boiling, he would have some idea of the suffering in Kumbhipaka hell
- If in our vicinity some such industry (coal or oil industry) is started, the whole idea of Vrindaban will fade away. Vrindaban conception is a transcendental village, without any botheration of the modern industrial atmosphere
- If someone passing on the road smelled this oil on My head, he would think Me a dari sannyasi, a tantric sannyasi who keeps women
- If the wife of the spiritual master is young, a young brahmacari should not allow her to care for his hair, massage his body with oil, or bathe him with affection like a mother
- Immediate problem is the petrol. Nobody trusts in God. The Arabians, they're thinking that this oil, "Our oil." But actually, his father has not manufactured this oil. It is God's oil. None of them believe in God, either the Arabians or the others
- In the Twelfth Chapter are descriptions of how Jagadananda Pandita broke a pot of oil and how Lord Nityananda chastised Sivananda Sena
- In their next lives they are carried by the Yamadutas to the hell known as Kumbhipaka, where they are cooked in boiling oil
- It is his desire that Your Lordship apply a little of this oil on Your head so that blood pressure due to bile and air will be considerably diminished
- Jagadananda Pandita replied, "Who tells You all these false stories? I never brought any oil from Bengal"
- Jagadananda Pandita stayed at the house of Sivananda Sena for some time, and they prepared about sixteen seers of scented sandalwood oil
- Just like you can pick up the spot of oil floating in the water by some process immediately, similarly, by bhakti-yoga process, although the spirit soul is floating in this material ocean, he can be picked up immediately
- Oil your own machine
- One must understand this subject (of Ramananda Raya's serving two young girls by massaging their bodies with oil) very seriously and never attempt to imitate such activities
- One should not enter the Deity room or touch the body of the Deity after having smeared oil over his body. 22) One should not show disrespect to a scripture teaching about the supremacy of the Lord
- One side of the axle carrying the wheel rests upon the summit of Mount Sumeru, and the other rests upon Manasottara. Affixed to the outer end of the axle, the wheel continuously rotates on Manasottara Mountain like the wheel of an oil-pressing machine
- One who smears oil on his body while observing a vow in conjunction with a ritual, while bathing in the morning, while performing the sraddha ceremony, or on dvadasi day may as well pour wine over his body. Therefore, oil should be rejected
- Only because of different causes does a person see a difference between himself and others, just as one sees the reflection of a body appearing differently manifested on water, on oil or in a mirror
- Sometimes a salesman can say something extraordinary in order to sell something, but that is not fraud. Just like they are selling this oil, saying that if you rub it on your bald head, hair will grow
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Jagadananda Pandita, "My dear Pandita, you have brought Me some oil from Bengal, but since I am in the renounced order, I cannot accept it"
- Subuddhi Raya used to spend his savings to supply yogurt to Bengali Vaisnavas who came to Mathura. He also gave them cooked rice and oil massages. When he saw a poverty-stricken Vaisnava, he would use his money to feed him
- Sugandhi udvartana refers to a paste made of several perfumes and fragrant oils. This paste is massaged all over the body, and in this way the body's dirt and perspiration are removed
- The boy (Prahlada Maharaja) was trampled by elephants, thrown from a mountain, placed in burning oil and thrown into a snake pit, yet he was silent during this whole ordeal
- The cows, the bulls and the calves were thoroughly smeared with a mixture of turmeric and oil, mixed with varieties of minerals. Their heads were bedecked with peacock feathers, & they were garlanded and covered with cloth & golden ornaments - SB 10.5.7
- The devotee must be clean, inside and outside, both. Outside cleaning by taking bath, washing the body with oil or soap or soda, and inside, materially, there will be no unclean things, stool, unnecessary stool
- The example of Ramananda Raya is certainly unique. The author of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta has given this description (of Ramananda Raya's serving two young girls by massaging their bodies with oil) because in perfect DS one can attain such a position
- The form of the Lord, though represented by material qualities such as stone, wood or oil paint, is not actually material. That is the absolute nature of the Supreme Lord
- The form of the Lord, though represented by material qualities such as stone, wood, or oil paint, is not actually material. That is the absolute nature of the Supreme Lord. BG 1972 purports
- The girls, being very respectful to Devahuti, brought her forth, and after bathing her with valuable oils and ointments, they gave her fine, new, spotless cloth to cover her body
- The living entities are always in pure goodness. This material covering is separated. The living entities can be freed from material covering at any moment. Just like water and oil, it is always separated; it does not mix
- The Lord replied, "A sannyasi has no use for oil, especially perfumed oil such as this. Take it out immediately"
- The men and women of Hastinapura, or Indraprastha, their bodies smeared with scents and floral oils, were nicely dressed in colorful garments and decorated with garlands, jewels and ornaments
- The modernized drilling of the earth to exploit oil from within is a sort of disturbance by the modern demons and can result in a greatly harmful reaction to the floating condition of the earth
- The moon is stationary and is one, but when it is reflected in water or oil, it appears to take different shapes because of the movements of the wind
- The oil smeared over the body of the Deity should be scented. To perform the maha-snana, at least two and a half manas (about twenty-four gallons) of water are needed to pour over the body of the Deity
- The reporter asked me "What is the solution of this oil crisis?" The solution is Krsna consciousness, it is already there, but you rascal, you will not take it. Solution is already there
- The two professional dancing girls are beautiful and youthful, yet Sri Ramananda Raya personally massages their entire bodies with oil
- The wife of Srivasa Thakura whose name was Malini, accompanied by the wife of Candrasekhara (Acaryaratna) & other ladies came there in great happiness to worship the baby with paraphernalia such as vermilion, turmeric, oil, fused rice, bananas & coconuts
- There (in the Kumbhipaka hell) he (a person who cooks living birds and beasts to satisfy his tongue) is put into boiling oil called kumbhi-paka, from which there is no deliverance
- They (wives and daughters of the cowherd men) sprinkled a mixture of turmeric powder, oil and water upon the birthless Supreme Lord (Krsna) and offered their prayers - SB 10.5.12
- They filled a large earthen pot with the aromatic oil, and with great care Jagadananda Pandita brought it to Nilacala, Jagannatha Puri
- This oil was placed in the care of Govinda, and Jagadananda requested him, "Please rub this oil on the body of the Lord"
- Turmeric mixed with oil and vermilion makes an auspicious ointment that is smeared over the body of a newborn baby or a person who is going to marry. These are all auspicious activities in family affairs
- When a lady takes an ordinary bath it is called mala-snana, and when she takes a full bath, including the head it is called sirah-snana. At this time she needs sufficient oil to smear on her head. That is the direction of the commentators of smrti-sastra
- When something is reflected on the water, it appears to be moving. When it is reflected on ice, it appears fixed. When it is reflected on oil, it appears hazy. The subject is one, but under different conditions it appears differently
- When ten days had passed, Govinda again told Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "It is the desire of Jagadananda Pandita that Your Lordship accept the oil"
- When the living entity is covered by the upadhi, or designated body, he sees differences, exactly as one sees differences in reflections of oneself on water, on oil or in a mirror
- When the luminaries in the sky, such as the moon, the sun and the stars, are reflected in liquids like oil or water, they appear to be of different shapes - sometimes round, sometimes long, and so on - because of the movements of the wind - SB 10.1.43
- Yatharcih. Arcih means "flame." When a lamp is broken or the oil is finished, we see that the flame of the lamp goes out. But according to scientific understanding, the flame is not extinguished; it is conserved. This is conservation of energy
- You write that things are in a crises in England, with oil shortage and IRA bombing. Therefore, we have to take shelter of Krsna. If Krsna wants to kill us that is not wrong, if it is His desire