Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Offering Prayers to Krsna
Pages in category "Offering Prayers to Krsna"
The following 88 pages are in this category, out of 88 total.
- A gopi told mother Yasoda, "Minor demigods like the Gandharvas and Siddhas take advantage of this atmosphere and offer prayers to your son (Krsna) by sounding their bugles and drums"
- A gopi told mother Yasoda, "Taking advantage of this opportunity, the most exalted demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva come down to offer their evening prayers, and they accompany the cowherd boys in glorifying the qualities of Krsna"
- After first offering prayers to Lord Krsna, the assembled sages wanted to take permission from King Dhrtarastra and King Yudhisthira and then depart for their respective asramas
- After Lord Krsna had heard the prayers of Mother Earth, He immediately assured her of immunity from all fearful situations. He said to Bhagadatta, "Don't be afraid"
- After Lord Sri Krsna had been offended by Brahma, Brahma prayed to Him to be excused. But in spite of his offering nice prayers to Krsna, Brahma could not understand whether Krsna was satisfied or still dissatisfied
- After repeating obeisances for a long time, Brahma stood up and smeared his hands over his eyes. Seeing the Lord before him, he, trembling, began to offer prayers with great respect, humility and attention
- After the incident was over, Indra surrendered to Krsna with many prayers, in which he admitted, "By Your lifting Govardhan Hill and protecting the citizens of Vrndavana, You have kept Your promise that Your devotees are never to be vanquished"
- After this, the earth personified offered her prayers to Krsna, the Supreme Personality and master of the world, who is always worshiped by exalted demigods. She fell down in obeisances and, in great devotional ecstasy, began to speak
- Akrura: The commander in chief of the Vrsni dynasty and a great devotee of Lord Krsna. Akrura attained success in devotional service to the Lord by the one single process of offering prayers
- All the kings & brahmanas assembled at the sacrificial arena of Maharaj Yudhisthira became perturbed and immediately wanted to satisfy Krsna by offering nice prayers. But all these kings and brahmanas could not discover any disturbance in Krsna's person
- All the princes who saw Lord Krsna forgot all their past tribulations. With folded hands and with great devotion, they offered prayers to Lord Krsna, as follows
- Although for the moment he (Akrura) was bewildered, he retained his clear consciousness and bowed down his head before the Lord. With folded hands and faltering voice, he began to offer prayers to the Lord
- Although Krsna was not present before her, Kunti offered her prayers to Him as if she were in His presence face to face. This is possible for anyone following in the footsteps of Kunti
- An unalloyed devotee who has developed ecstatic love for Krsna is always engaging his words in reciting prayers to the Lord
- Anything that is presented before Lord Krsna should be so done after due presentation of respectful prayers. That is the standard procedure & Arjuna, although an intimate friend of the Lord, is observing this method for general information
- Brahma said, "My dear Lord, You are the only worshipable Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead; therefore I am offering my humble obeisances and prayers just to please You"
- But after this incident, his false, puffed-up prestige was destroyed. Being conscious of his subordinate position, he appeared before Krsna with folded hands and began to offer the following prayers
- Having recited all these verses from scripture, the Lord again offered His obeisances, and all the devotees, with folded hands, also offered prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- He (Bali) began to offer prayers to the Lords (Krsna and Balarama) in a voice which choked up intermittently
- He (Indra) had offered his prayer, tipping down his head to the lotus feet of Krsna, but as soon as his purpose had been served, he became a different creature. That is the way of the dealings of materialistic men
- If you offer prayers, honor to the acarya, then Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead is pleased. To please Him you have to please His representative. "If you love me, love my dog"
- In that way, although your verse is blasphemous according to your meaning, mother Sarasvati has taken advantage of it to offer prayers to the Lord
- In the revealed scripture Hari-vamsa, there is a description of Goloka Vrndavana, the planet where Krsna eternally resides. This information was given by Indra when he surrendered to Krsna and offered prayers after Krsna had raised Govardhana Hill
- It is said there that those who are sober devotees can offer their submission to Krsna in three ways: 1) samprathanatmika, very feelingly offering prayers; 2) dainyavodhika, humbly submitting oneself; 3) lalasamayi, desiring some perfectional stage
- It is said there, "A brahmana who is constantly engaged in singing the glories of the Lord is surely elevated to the same planet as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Lord Krsna appreciates this singing even more than the prayers offered by Lord Siva"
- It is significant that Lord Siva personally offered his prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead just as he was taught by his father, Lord Brahma. Similarly, he was also preaching to the princes according to the parampara system
- King Bharata was very eager to attain the association of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, who is called Uttamahsloka because poems and prayers are offered to Him for His favor
- Kunti is described herein as sati, or chaste, due to her unalloyed devotion to Lord Sri Krsna. Her mind will now be expressed in the following prayers for Lord Krsna
- Kuntidevi, while offering prayers to Krsna, addressed Him as akincana-gocara, one who is easily approached by those who are bereft of all material acquisitions
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the all-auspicious Lord Sri Krsna, about whom glorification, remembrances, audience, prayers, hearing and worship can at once cleanse the effects of all sins of the performer
- Lord Sri Krsna was very much pleased by Akrura's offering of prayers. With His smile captivating Akrura more and more, the Lord replied to his submissive devotional statements with the following sweet words
- O Lord of the universe, best of the Yadu dynasty, we are offering our prayers unto You mainly to diminish the heavy burden of the universe
- Out of the broken, fallen trees came two great personalities, shining like blazing fire. All sides became illuminated & beautiful by their presence. The two personalities immediately came before child Krsna & bowed down to offer their respects & prayers
- Placing Krsna's lotus feet on his lap, Akrura gently began to massage them. When Akrura was fully satisfied in the presence of Krsna and Balarama, his eyes filled with tears of love for Krsna, and he began to offer his prayers
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna as follows: "Dear Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, master of all demigods, You can immediately remove all Your devotees' pangs because Your devotees are fully surrendered unto You"
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna as follows: "It is by Your causeless mercy that we have been released from the imprisonment of Jarasandha, but now we pray that You release us from imprisonment within material existence, Your illusory energy"
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna as follows: "O dear Lord Krsna, O eternal Deity of transcendental bliss and knowledge, You are imperishable, and we offer our respectful obeisances unto Your lotus feet"
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna as follows: "Please stop our continuous cycle of birth and death"
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna, "A ruler or king who becomes too much puffed up with false prestige and power gets no opportunity to understand his real constitutional position and eternal life"
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna, "Because we were all envious and wanted to conquer one another, we all engaged in fighting for supremacy, even at the cost of sacrificing the lives of many citizens"
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna, "Foolish persons think that their material possessions will give them protection; engaged in sense gratification, they falsely accept this material world as a place of eternal enjoyment"
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna, "O Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, we must admit that before this we were puffed up with our material opulences. It was as if we were intoxicated"
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna, "Under the influence of Your illusory energy, such a foolish so-called ruler or king becomes falsely proud of his position, just like a foolish person who considers a mirage in the desert a reservoir of water"
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna, "We now have sufficient experience of the miserable material life in which we are fully absorbed & having tasted its bitterness, we have come to take shelter under Your lotus feet. Therefore please give us protection"
- Seeing the Lord before him, Brahma began to offer prayers with great humility, respect and attention
- She (Satya) began to offer prayers to Krsna mentally, thinking, "I do not know how the Supreme Personality of Godhead can be pleased with me. He is the master and Lord of everyone"
- Sisupala also blasphemed Krsna in this way, but the goddess of learning, Sarasvati, offered her prayers to Krsna even by his words
- Siva, the greatest of the demigods, could not help him, what to speak of the lesser demigods, & therefore the Siva-jvara ultimately surrendered unto Krsna, bowing before Him and offering a prayer so that the Lord might be pleased and give him protection
- Sometimes demons, and even Lord Indra, the King of heaven, chastised Krsna, but mother Sarasvati, taking advantage of their words, offered prayers to the Lord
- Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, one of the six Gosvamis of Vrndavana, has written in his prayers called the Manah-siksa that one should simply worship Radha and Krsna with all attention
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami continued: O King Pariksit, when the demigods offered the Lord their sincere prayers in this way, the Lord listened by His causeless mercy. Being pleased, He then replied to the demigods
- Srimati Kuntidevi, felt such separation like a thunderbolt, and the whole prayer of the Queen is to try to persuade the Lord to stay with them (Pandavas)
- Suta Gosvami said: The Lord (Krsna), thus hearing the prayers of Kuntidevi, composed in choice words for His glorification, mildly smiled. That smile was as enchanting as His mystic power
- The cowherd boys then became four-handed Narayanas, predominating Deities of Vaikuntha planets. All the separate Brahmas from different universes began to offer their prayers unto the Lords
- The demigods who were present also began to offer beautiful prayers to Krsna. & the ladies and girls present expressed their joy from all corners of the arena. In other words, there was no one in that particular place with whom Krsna was not very popular
- The denizens of the Gandharva and Kinnara planets began to sing, and the denizens of Siddhaloka and the planets of the Caranas began to offer prayers in the service of the Personality of Godhead
- The florist very humbly and submissively offered his prayers to the Lord, saying: My dear Lord, because You have come to my place, I think all my forefathers and all my worshipable superiors are pleased and delivered
- The girls prayed, "O supreme external energy of the Personality of Godhead, O supreme mystic power, O supreme controller of this material world, O goddess, please be kind to us and arrange for our marriage with the son of Nanda Maharaja, Krsna"
- The goddess of fortune attained perfection by massaging the transcendental legs of Maha-Visnu. Maharaja Prthu attained perfection by worshiping the Deity, and Akrura attained perfection by offering prayers unto the Lord
- The gopis prayed to Krsna, "Dear Krsna, from Your navel emanated the original lotus flower, which is the birthsite of Brahma, the creator. No one can estimate Your glories or Your opulence, which therefore remain always a mystery"
- The humble devotee simply prays to the Lord, "Kindly pick me up from the material world, which is full of varieties of material opulence, and keep me under the shelter of Your lotus feet"
- The items of worship, such as water, conchshell, flowers, incense and lamp, should be described. You should also mention chanting softly, offering prayers, circumambulating and offering obeisances. All these should be carefully described
- The Mayavadi philosopher cannot understand that the Lord has feelings. The Lord is satisfied if someone offers Him a nice prayer, and similarly, if someone decries His existence or calls Him by ill names, God is dissatisfied
- The Nagapatnis (wives of Kailya) knew that Krsna is the shelter of all surrendered souls, and they desired to release their husband from the impending danger by pleasing the Lord with their prayers
- The Nagapatnis began to offer prayers as follows: "O dear Lord, You are equal to everyone. For You there is no distinction between Your sons, friends or enemies. Therefore the punishment which You have so kindly offered to Kaliya is exactly befitting"
- The Nagapatnis said, "O Lord (Krsna), we are submitting our prayers unto You. You can appreciate that this poor serpent is going to give up his life. You know that for us women our husband is our life and everything"
- The nine great learned sages were there, and also devotees like Prahlada and Narada and the eight Vasus. All were engaged in offering prayers to the Lord (Maha-Visnu) with clean hearts and pure words
- The professional reciters like the sutas, magadhas and vandis, accompanied by the brahmanas, offered their respectful prayers to the Lord (Krsna)
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is naturally very much affectionately inclined to His devotees. When He heard Srutadeva's prayers of pure devotion, He was very much pleased and immediately caught his hands and addressed him
- The surabhi offered her prayer as follows: "My dear Lord Krsna, You are the most powerful of all mystic yogis because You are the soul of the complete universe, and only from You has all this cosmic manifestation taken place"
- This process entails hearing, chanting and remembering the holy name, form, pastimes, qualities and entourage of the Lord, offering service according to the time, place and performer, worshiping the Deity, offering prayers
- Thus Indra thought, 'I have properly chastised Krsna and defamed Him.' But Sarasvati, the goddess of learning, took this opportunity to offer prayers to Krsna
- Whatever happens we must take it as the special mercy shown by Krsna to his devotee. Yes, the reading of Krsna Book and chanting at his bedside must go on. I am offering prayers to Krsna that He may protect Jaya Gopala, who is such sincere devotee
- When all the helmets struck together at Krsna's lotus feet, there was a tumultuous sound. It appeared that the helmets themselves were offering prayers unto Krsna's lotus feet
- When Kunti was offering her prayers very feelingly to Krsna, she could not check herself and began to cry loudly before Akrura
- When Lord Siva saw that his devotee Banasura could not be saved even in his presence, he came to his senses and personally came before Lord Krsna and began to pacify Him by offering the following prayers
- When many very great sages were offering prayers to Lord Krsna, glorifying His activities, the Queen of Gokula, Mother Yasoda, entered the battlefield of Kuruksetra, wetting the lower part of her sari with the milk flowing from her breast
- When the gems on the helmets of all the predominating deities collided before the throne and the Lord's lotus feet, there was a jingling sound, which seemed like prayers offered by the helmets at Krsna’s lotus feet
- When the Lord Brahma from this universe saw this pastime, he was astonished and struck with wonder. After offering his prayers, he gave the following conclusion
- When the sage Narada saw Lord Krsna standing before him, his body became so stunned that he stopped playing on his vina. Because of his faltering voice he could not offer any prayers to Krsna, and his eyes became filled with tears
- When Vasudeva was convinced that the newborn child was the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, he bowed down with folded hands and began to offer Him prayers
- While Akrura was offering his prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Lord disappeared from the water, exactly as an expert dramatic actor changes his dress and assumes his original feature
- While offering their dues and presents in worship, the predominating deities of all the planets touch the lotus feet of the Lord with their helmets. Thus they offer prayers to the Lord
- With folded hands, all the Brahmas and Sivas began to offer prayers unto Lord Krsna, saying, O Lord, You have shown me a great favor. I have been able to see Your lotus feet
- You have written something irregular, not knowing the regulative principles, but the goddess of learning, Sarasvati, has used your words to offer her prayers to the Supreme Lord
- Yudhisthira said, "Such persons who engage in Your (Krsna's) service in full Krsna consciousness, who meditate upon You only and offer prayers unto You, are purified souls"