This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► No Money (14 P)
Pages in category "None"
The following 131 pages are in this category, out of 131 total.
- A scholar as Vyasadeva has completed many expansions of the Vedic literatures, ending with the Vedanta philosophy, but none of them have been written directly glorifying the Personality of Godhead
- According to the prayers of the personified Vedas, however, none of them (Mayavadis' opinion) is valid because their process of knowledge is created within the temporary material world
- According to Vedic culture, although polygamy is allowed, none of one’s wives should be ill-treated. In other words, one may take many wives only if he is able to satisfy all of them equally as an ideal householder; otherwise it is not allowed
- After the battle, Maharaja Yudhisthira was unhappy over such mass killings. Practically there was none to continue the Kuru dynasty after them, the Pandavas
- Akrura continued, "I am falsely thinking myself happy in possessing my home, wife, children, estate, property and friends. In this way I am acting as if in a dreamland, because none of these are permanent"
- All animals like deer, camel, ass, monkey, even flies and snakes, none should be ill treated. Even they enter into the house or in the fields and take their eatables, they should not be stopped. Because they have also got the right to eat
- All of us may be isvara. I am isvara amongst my disciples. You may be isvara amongst your family members. But none of us is Paramesvara
- All the services rendered to the Absolute are in themselves absolute, with none of the quantitative or qualitative differences found on the material platform
- All the worlds exist because You oversee them. None can live, move or have their being without Your supervision
- All these, my students, all of them are Americans, and they come from Christian or Jewish group. None of them came from Hindu or India. But what is the process I have given to them? The process is chant Hare Krsna. It is very simple method
- Although Nityananda Prabhu is none other than Balarama Himself, He nonetheless always thinks of Himself as the eternal servant of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Although none of you have yet been here in Vrndavana, still, Krsna has given you the spiritual vision and you are seeing Vrndavana actually, the paintings are so nice. Just see how the cows are looking at Krsna
- Although these three features of the Lord deal directly with the material energy, none of Them are touched by it. They are all beyond illusion
- Although Vyasadeva was an empowered divinity, he still felt dissatisfaction because in none of his works were the transcendental activities of the Lord properly explained
- Amongst all kinds of living entities begotten by Brahma, namely men, demigods and animals, none but the sage Narayana is immune to the attraction of maya in the form of woman
- Another important point is that none of the gopis who danced with Krsna were in their material bodies. They danced with Krsna in their spiritual bodies. All their husbands thought that their wives were sleeping by their side
- As soon as Krsna was pleased by the fighting, Jambavan immediately understood that his opponent was none other than the Supreme Lord Himself. The conclusion is that he could understand Krsna by his service, for Krsna is sometimes satisfied by fighting
- Because a person entangled in material activities wants to hear stories of material activities, Narada Muni turned to the topics of King Puranjana, who is none other than King Pracinabarhisat
- Because Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not take Vallabha Bhatta very seriously, none of the people in Jagannatha Puri would hear any of his explanations
- Bhaumasura thus came to see that none of his tricks would act upon Krsna, and he became aware that all his attempts to kill Krsna would be frustrated. Yet he tried for the last time, taking a trident in his hand to strike Him
- But how is this living force displayed immortally? It is not displayed by man or any other creature in this material universe, for none of us are immortal in these bodies
- By Your bodily features we can see that You are none other than the son of Nanda Maharaja, although the golden luster of Your body has covered Your original complexion
- Even the predominating Deities of the Vaikuntha planets, the Narayanas, do not possess such sweetness. Indeed, none of the incarnations of Krsna up to Narayana possess such transcendental beauty
- Everything is born of the Supreme Brahman, from which everything emanates as different energies. None of these energies, therefore, should be considered false. The Mayavadis' differentiation between Brahman and maya is only due to ignorance
- Factually both the Kasira and the Saranatha Mayavadis, as well as any other philosophers who have no knowledge of the spirit soul, are advocates of utter materialism. None of them have clear knowledge regarding the Absolute or the spiritual world
- First I cut the child in the womb into seven pieces, which became seven children. Then I cut each of the children into seven pieces again. By the grace of the Supreme Lord, however, none of them died
- Flies cannot follow the path of Garuda, and to date none of the great kings and victorious leaders could follow this path of devotional service, not even mentally
- For a devotee like Maharaja Pariksit, none of the material planets, even the topmost Brahmaloka, is as desirable as Goloka Vrndavana, the abode of Lord Sri Krsna, the primeval Lord and original Personality of Godhead
- For the whole duration of our life we go see different forms in the material world, but none of them is just apt to satisfy the mind, nor can any one of them vanish all perturbance of the mind
- He (Krsna) already exists in multiforms, but none of the forms are material. Sridhara Svami has commented that arupinah, "without form," means without material form
- He said, "None of you are at fault. Indeed, even this ignorant so-called brahmana is not at fault, for he is accustomed to dry speculation and logic"
- I am always wondering, why others do not write, so many big big preachers we have got, but none of them write, so if you can inspire them to write in more convincing way, that is great service, do it
- I have never given vote. Since we have got this svaraj, as soon as the vote question, I go away. Because I think, "Why shall I give this nonsense vote? None of them are liked by me." I avoid it
- I went to your country America alone. None of my godbrothers helped me. But, I was able to convince you to become Krishna Conscious. Now you can convince others. This is Krishna Consciousness
- If I do not induce them to take to devotional service, because of committing the offense of blasphemy none of these people will be able to take to it
- In the Bhagavad-gita (9.25) it is clearly said that those who worship none but Lord Krsna, the supreme cause of all causes, reach Him in His spiritual sky
- In this human form of life, men and women unite for the sensual pleasure of sex, but by actual experience we have observed that none of them are happy. Therefore, seeing the contrary results, I have stopped taking part in materialistic activities
- In this material world, there are three qualities, sattva-guna, rajo-guna, tamo-guna. So none of these gunas are pure. There is a mixture. And because there is mixture, therefore we see so many varieties. But we have to come to the platform of sattva-guna
- It is not a fact that there is nothing more than Sankaracarya's Sariraka-bhasya. There are other Vedanta commentaries, written by Vaisnava acaryas, none of whom follow Sri Sankaracarya or accept the imaginative commentary of his school
- It is now ascertained that He (the Personality of Godhead) is unlimited and there is none equal to Him. Consequently no one can speak of Him adequately
- It is stated in Srimad-Bhagavatam that Lord Krsna offered respect to Maha-Visnu; this means that Krsna offered obeisances unto none other than Himself, because Lord Maha-Visnu is nondifferent from Krsna Himself
- It was definitely proved that Rukmini was none other than the original goddess of fortune, who is always engaged in the service of the lotus feet of Narayana
- It was the desire of the Lord, and Maharaja Pariksit, Rsi Samika and his son Srngi were all instrumental in fulfilling the desire of the Lord. So none of them were put into difficulty because everything was done in relation with the Supreme Person
- Jambavan continued, "Now I can understand that You are none other than my Lord Ramacandra. No one else has such immeasurable strength; no one else could defeat me in this way"
- Just like here we can see, somebody cannot live without smoking. It is practical. But none of our devotees smoke. So it is possible. Because a devotee is associating with the devotees, therefore he is acquiring the quality by association, contamination
- Krsna is our most intimate master, friend, father or son and object of conjugal love. Forgetting Krsna, we have created so many objects of questions and answers, but none of them are able to give us complete satisfaction
- Krsna told Narada, "Dear sage, now you can declare to the devotees & to the nondevotees in particular, that in this matter of taking the parijata flower, all the demigods tried to defeat Me, but none could make Me break My promise to My queen"
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced Haridasa Thakura and informed him that he was none other than an incarnation of Prahlada Maharaja
- Lord Caitanya's instruction to Tapana Misra is especially significant for persons who loiter here and there collecting books and reading none of them, thus becoming bewildered regarding the aim of life
- None of the above symptoms can be manifested without the basic principle of strong attachment for Krsna. In the smoky condition of such ecstatic expressions, the symptoms could otherwise be hidden
- None of the inhabitants of Dvaraka, including Lord Balarama, could recognize the sannyasi to be Arjuna; therefore all of them offered their respects and obeisances to the sannyasi without knowing the actual situation
- None of the material planets, nor the amenities available there for living conditions, is everlasting; therefore one must have a factual reluctance to enjoy such temporary happiness as they afford
- None of them (devotees) falsely claim to be God themselves. This is a blasphemy declared by the asuras, and the demoniac followers of such asuras also accept pretenders as God or His incarnation
- None of them (Krsna's sons) were inferior in their qualities to their divine father, Lord Krsna
- None of them (literary men) have brought peace and tranquillity on the earth. This is due to a spiritual vacuum in those literatures
- None of them approached him. However, because Lord Hari is the Supersoul, Purusottama, the Personality of Godhead, He appeared before Gajendra
- None of them are associating with me more than one year, and just see their character. It is so practical. You cannot induce them even to smoke
- None of them is independent. Even though such men or leaders (Gandhi, Alexander, Nehru) rebel so as not to recognize the supremacy of the Lord, they are put under still more rigorous laws of the material world by different miseries
- None of them were advised by Guru Maharaja to become acarya. His idea was "Let them manage; then whoever will be actual qualified for becoming acarya, they will elect. Why I should enforce upon them?" That was his plan
- None of them were weak or short-lived, and above all, all the members of the Yadu dynasty were staunch devotees of the brahminical culture
- None of these acaryas has disbelieved in the sastras
- None of these material effects ever touches the eternal living entity, the spirit soul, because the living spirit is invincible, nonflammable, nonmoistenable, and nondryable
- None should consider Vasudeva Datta a mundane philanthropist or welfare worker. Nor was he interested in merging into Brahman or in gaining material honor or reputation. He was far, far above philanthropists, philosophers and fruitive actors
- Not only this earth but also all the planets of the universes are places of misery because in none of the planets within the universe is there eternal life, eternal bliss and eternal knowledge
- O greatly fortunate one, it appears that you are none of the women I have mentioned because I see that your feet are touching the ground
- Of the philosophers mentioned, none really cares for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the cause of all causes. They are always busy refuting the philosophical theories of others and establishing their own
- Sage said, "None of the kings present here, even the members of the Yadu dynasty, who constantly mingle with You (Krsna), eat with You and sit with You, can understand that You are the original cause of all causes"
- Since one cannot visually experience the presence of the Supersoul, He appears before us as a liberated devotee. Such a spiritual master is none other than Krsna Himself
- Since You (Krsna) are the Supreme Brahman, everything is existing within You, and since all the activities of material nature are controlled by Your Lordship, none of these activities affect You
- So far as my starting a separate organization known as International Society for Krishna Consciousness, it was inevitable because none of our godbrothers are cooperating with one another
- So far the modern society is concerned, it is based on mental speculation. There is no standard. Some society has a different standard, another society has a different standard. But none of them are based on some authority
- So many designations. But we are none of them. This is the clearing. Ceto-darpana
- Some say that Krsna is the incarnation of Ksirodakasayi Visnu. None of these statements is impossible; each is as correct as the others
- Sometimes supporting one side, sometimes the other, they would talk very privately, with much whispering in the ears, although none of the business was very serious
- The airplane occupied by Salva was very mysterious. It was so extraordinary that sometimes many airplanes would appear to be in the sky, and sometimes there were apparently none
- The associates of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were many, but none of them should be considered lower or higher
- The associates of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were many, but none of them should be considered lower or higher. This cannot be ascertained
- The books are very urgently required here because we have made about 35 members and none of them have been supplied with any books. Every day they are asking for books and this is not very good for us
- The brahmacaris, the grhasthas, the vanaprasthas and the sannyasis all belong to the same mission of life, namely, realization of the Supreme. Therefore none of them are less important as far as spiritual culture is concerned
- The brahmanas were well qualified, and since none of them were rich, their family members were always in want for the necessities of life
- The conditioned soul, under the illusion of the external energy, thinks that he is completely protected by his country, society, friendship and love, not knowing that at the time of death none of these can save him
- The demoniac person thinks: There is none so powerful and happy as I am. I shall perform sacrifices, I shall give some charity, and thus I shall rejoice." In this way, such persons are deluded by ignorance
- The effects of war or pitched upheavals touch the body only and not the soul, much as the effects of a sumptuous feast touch the hunger of the stomach only and not that of the mind. None of these material effects ever touches the eternal living entity
- The Fifth Chapter describes the truth of Lord Nityananda Prabhu, who is none other than Balarama, the son of Rohini
- The forty-nine Marut demigods were also born from the womb of Diti. None of them had sons. Although they were born of Diti, King Indra gave them a position as demigods
- The gopis said, "There are many means of protection, but when one is doomed, none of the protective measures can help, and without Your protection the so-called sources of protection simply become sources of continued distress"
- The hand of a body is a complete unit only as long as it is attached to the complete body. When the hand is severed from the body, it may appear like a hand, but it actually has none of the potencies of a hand
- The inhabitants of Naimisaranya offered their heartfelt blessings to the Lord, and all agreed that none of Lord Balarama's attempts to do something would ever be a failure
- The living entities or the demigods like Candra and Surya are also to some extent isvara, but none of them is the supreme isvara, or the ultimate controller
- The Lord and living beings are all individual persons. With the help of the material energies the living beings are also creating something, but none of their creations are equal or superior to the creations of the Lord
- The Lord defeated all kinds of scholars in discourses about all the scriptures, yet because of His gentle behavior, none of them were unhappy
- The material nature produces all kinds of movable and immovable objects within the material world, but none of them can independently act or create without the direction of the Supreme Lord
- The materialists have many branches of philanthropic and altruistic activities from a political, national and international angle of vision, but none of the field work can go beyond the jurisdiction of the misconception of identifying the material body
- The perfect knowledge propounded in the revealed scriptures is confirmed by the great acaryas, who have left ample commentations upon them; none of these acaryas has disbelieved in the sastras
- The pradhana, the chief cause of all causes in the impersonal vision, is none other than the Supreme Lord, whom one can see face to face in the internal potency. He takes the material all-pervasive form by His inconceivable power
- The same queen continued, "Can't He (Krsna) be happy with any other wife? Does it mean that the goddess of fortune has the ocean of love for Him and none of us can compare to her?"
- The subtle mind should be engaged in hearing the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, thinking about them, chanting His name, etc. All such activities are transcendental. None of the gross or subtle senses should otherwise be engaged
- The two brothers submitted, "Dear Lord, You have incarnated to deliver the fallen souls. You should consider that in this world there is none so fallen as us"
- The young brahmana replied, "My dear sir, even if You appear there as a four-handed Visnu Deity, still, none of those people will believe in Your words"
- There are innumerable universes and also innumerable planets in each of them. But none of them is immune to the chief miseries of material existence, namely the pangs of birth, the pangs of death, the pangs of old age and the pangs of disease
- There are many dangerous things - thunderbolts, fire, Yamaraja's punishment, the punishment of Lord Siva's trident, and so forth - but none is considered as serious as offending a brahmana like Jada Bharata
- There are many Mayavadis and those overly addicted to material sense enjoyment. None of these can be compared to a person who is purely engaged in preaching Krsna consciousness
- There is a difference in the qualities of the transcendental devotees of the Lord, but none of them who have ever contacted the Lord by direct communion or otherwise can leave Him for a moment. That is the attitude of the pure devotee
- There is none among them (the demigods) who is not attracted by the spell of maya in the form of woman
- There were many previous incarnations of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but none were so generous, kind and magnanimous as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, for He distributed the most confidential aspect of devotional service
- Therefore none of you should be aggrieved for the loss of the body - whether your own or those of others. Only in ignorance does one make bodily distinctions, thinking "Who am I? Who are the others? What is mine? What is for others?"
- This (Kuntidevi was shown far more favor) was done because Devaki's husband, Vasudeva, was living, whereas Kuntidevi was a widow, and there was none to help her except Krsna
- This is not my business to make intimate relation with woman and get money. I could do. There was chance. When attempt was failed, the man who introduced that woman to me, he one day said, "I have seen many swamis, but none like you"
- This proves that while there are undoubtedly innumerable demigods, none of them is independent of Krsna. As stated in the Caitanya-caritamrta, Krsna is the supreme master, and all others are His servants
- To satisfy their own interests, women deal with men as if the men were most dear to them, but no one is actually dear to them
- Uddhava said, "If there is anyone who can conquer this king (Jarasandha), he is none other than Bhimasena because he also possesses the strength of ten thousand elephants"
- Unfortunately, none of us is the body. We are spirit soul. We are changing different bodies, as you can see in our presence there are so many living entities, and this body can be changed to any one of them
- Until one has love for Lord Vasudeva, who is none other than Myself, he is certainly not delivered from having to accept a material body again and again
- Upon hearing the sound, the other leaders of the demons were afraid. None of them could find the origin of that sound in the assembly
- Upon seeing transcendental Vaisnavism in Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, everyone could understand that Lord Caitanya was none other than Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja
- Vasudeva addressed Nanda, "My dear brother, you were old and very anxious to beget a son, and yet you had none. Now by the grace of the Lord you are fortunate to have a very nice son. I think that this incident is very auspicious for you"
- Visnu is the supreme enjoyer of everything that be, and thus none of us, however great we may be, can be the enjoyer of the universe and its paraphernalia
- Visnu, and none else, is called mukti-pada, or the Personality of Godhead who can bestow upon us mukti, liberation
- Visvambhara (Lord Caitanya) and Nityananda were eating together, and Sacidevi realized that They were none other than Krsna and Balarama. Seeing this, she fainted
- We are not perfect, none of us, but if you perfectly follow the orders of the perfect, then you are perfect. You should not think that "I have become perfect."
- We must fix up what devotees we have got in the knowledge of Krishna Consciousness, then we will succeed. What good are many, many devotees if none of them are knowledgeable?
- We won't do anything. We talk much of this, that, this, that. Do anything, but do it perfectly. "Jack of all trade, master of none." That is not good. Be master of something
- What is actually happiness, and what is actually distress? Because the waves flow constantly, none of them has an eternal effect
- When everyone heard Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's explanation of the atmarama-sloka, everyone was astonished and struck with wonder. They concluded that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was none other than Lord Krsna Himself
- When Sati, with her followers, reached the arena, because all the people assembled were afraid of Daksa, none of them received her well
- When the space pilot returned from his travel (after forty thousand years), none of his friends would be present to receive him back as the greatest astronaut, as has become fashionable for modern bewildered scientific men