Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Neophyte Devotees of God
Pages in category "Neophyte Devotees of God"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.
- A neophyte disciple begins by hearing and chanting, associating with devotees and practicing the regulative principles, and thus he vanquishes all of his unwanted bad habits
- A wise man who simply realizes the greatness of God is also counted among the neophytes. Such beginners can be elevated to the second-class or first-class platform if they associate with pure devotees
- The form of the Lord as worshiped in the temples is called arca-vigraha or arcavatara, the worshipable form, the Deity incarnation. This facility is offered to neophyte devotees so that they can see the real form of the Lord face to face
- The Lord expertly removes the shroud of illusion for the neophyte devotee by depriving him of his material assets, and thus the devotee finds himself alone in the midst of his so-called relatives
- The messages of the book Bhagavata, therefore, have to be received from the devotee Bhagavata, and the combination of these two Bhagavatas will help the neophyte devotee to make progress on and on
- There are three stages in chanting the holy name of the Lord - the offensive stage, the stage of lessening offenses, and the pure stage. When a neophyte takes to the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra, he generally commits many offenses
- They (the neophyte devotees) come to the Lord for relief in the matter of their respective self-satisfaction
- They (the neophyte devotees) go into some place of worship and pray to God for mitigation of material distress, or for some economic development, or to satisfy their inquisitiveness