nectar | nectarean | nectarine
Do not compile "Nectar of Devotion"
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Ambrosia (1 C, 8 P)
- ► Caitanya's Nectar (14 P)
- ► Deathless Nectar about God (1 P)
- ► Krsna's Nectar (1 C, 88 P)
- ► Ocean of Nectar (15 P)
- ► Radharani's Nectar (3 P)
- ► Upadesamrta - Nectar of Instruction (5 C, 16 P)
Pages in category "Nectar"
The following 272 pages are in this category, out of 272 total.
- A devotee says, "I am always swimming in the nectarean ocean of the pastimes of the SPG & I have no more attraction for religious rituals, economic development, sense gratification, or even the ultimate salvation of merging into the existence of Brahman"
- A grhastha must associate again and again with saintly persons, and with great respect he must hear the nectar of the activities of the Supreme Lord and His incarnations as these activities are described in Srimad-Bhagavatam and other Puranas
- A man who is simply attached to sensual enjoyment voluntarily accepts the miserable material existence and thus wanders after the will-o'-the-wisp of sense pleasure. He is certainly the most foolish man, for he drinks poison and puts aside the nectar
- A person fixed in the devotional service of the Supreme Lord, Hari, the Lord of the highest auspiciousness, swims in the ocean of nectar. For him what is the use of the water in small ditches?
- A pure devotee of Krsna is always specifically qualified with nectarean qualifications and sometimes with the qualifications of butter and honey
- Accompanied by the stringed instrument (Narada Muni's vina), the singing seems like a shower of nectar, and all the devotees dance in ecstasy to the fullest extent of their satisfaction
- After hearing the words of Brahma, the creator, which were free from all sinful purposes and as sweet as nectar, the Lord heartily laughed and accepted his prayer with a glance laden with love
- After this, Bali Maharaja brought valuable garments, ornaments, sandalwood pulp, betel nuts, lamps and various nectarean foods, and along with his family members he worshiped the Lords according to the regulative principles
- After thus adjusting how the snake was to be held, the sons of Kasyapa, both demigods and demons, began their activities, desiring to get nectar by churning the ocean of milk
- Aggrieved at hearing the pitiable words of the poor fatigued candala, Maharaja Rantideva spoke the following nectarean words
- Ajita, taking the shape of a tortoise and holding the mountain known as Mandara on His back, churned the ocean and produced nectar for the demigods
- All of these demons had been deprived of their share of the nectar and had shared merely in the labor of churning the ocean. Now, they fought against the demigods, and to encourage their armies, they made a tumultuous sound like the roaring of lions
- All the demigods made Indra, the King of heaven, into a calf, and from the earth they milked the beverage soma, which is nectar. Thus they became very powerful in mental speculation and bodily and sensual strength
- All these performers who know the meaning of sacrifice become cleansed of sinful reaction, and, having tasted the nectar of the remnants of such sacrifice, they go to the supreme eternal atmosphere. BG 4.30 - 1972
- As their eyes began to drink the nectarean honey of His lotus face, their thirst increased. Thus their eyes did not leave Him
- Assuming the form of a young woman and thus bewildering the demons, the Supreme Personality of Godhead distributed to His devotees, the demigods, the nectar produced from the churning of the ocean of milk
- At night, in the company of His most confidential devotees, such as Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, He tasted the nectar of the transcendental mellows of Lord Sri Krsna's pastimes
- Attacked by Lord Siva's golden arrows, all the demoniac inhabitants of those three dwellings lost their lives and fell down. Then the great mystic Maya Danava dropped the demons into a nectarean well that he had created
- Because of my drinking the nectar of the message of the infallible Personality of Godhead, which is flowing down from the ocean of your (Sukadeva Gosvami's) speeches, I (Maharaja Pariksit) do not feel any sort of exhaustion due to my fasting
- Begins to drink real nectar, and he enjoys life
- Being enlivened because of drinking the nectar, the demigods, who are always at the shelter of the lotus feet of Narayana, used their various weapons to counterattack the demons in a fighting spirit
- Both demons and demigods, have been born of the same father, Kasyapa, and thus we are related as brothers. But now we are exhibiting our personal prowess in dissension. Therefore we request You to settle our dispute and divide the nectar equally among us
- By nature all the activities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are very wonderful and sweet, and when they are described by Vrndavana dasa Thakura, they become like a shower of nectar
- By Your love-filled glance, with its cool and pleasing smile of sympathy, and by the sweet, nectarean words emanating from Your beautiful face, free us from the anxiety caused by this Vrtrasura, who always pains the cores of our hearts
- Caitanya said, "Love of Krsna is so powerful that it simultaneously defeats the poisonous effects of a snake, as well as the happiness derived from pouring nectar on one's head. It is perceived as doubly effective, simultaneously poisonous & nectarean"
- Caitanya said, "The poisonous effects of love of Godhead defeat the severe and fresh poison of the serpent. Yet there is simultaneously transcendental bliss, which pours down and defeats the pride of nectar and diminishes its value"
- Can anyone who is expert in relishing nectar (rasa) ever be fully satiated by hearing topics about Him?
- Conditioned soul has very little time to cultivate attachment to hearing the nectarean words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead because he is always disturbed by the bodily necessities such as hunger and thirst
- Considering this (demons are crooked like snakes), the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who never falls down, did not deliver a share of nectar to the demons
- Demigods could very easily drink the nectar and get its result because they are always under the shelter of the dust of the Lord's lotus feet
- Demons are by nature crooked like snakes. Therefore, to distribute a share of the nectar to them was not at all feasible, since this would be as dangerous as supplying milk to a snake
- Demons said, "All the demigods have taken part in churning the ocean of milk. As everyone has an equal right to partake in any public sacrifice, according to the eternal religious system it is befitting that the demigods now have a share of the nectar"
- Dhrtarastra replied, "A person destined to die does not utilize the effects of nectar, although it may be administered to him"
- Due to his inability to sufficiently drink that nectar, he becomes very unhappy and criticizes the creator for not having given more than two eyes
- Due to their favorable breeze the pearls garlanding the umbrella also moved, like drops of nectar falling from the white full moon or ice melting due to a gust of wind
- Every human being dislikes meeting death, but he does not know how to get rid of death. The surest remedy for avoiding death is to accustom oneself to hearing the nectarean pastimes of the Lord
- Expecting the mercy of Svarupa, Rupa, Sanatana and Raghunatha dasa, and taking their lotus feet on my head, I, the most fallen Krsnadasa, continue chanting the epic Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, which is sweeter than the nectar of transcendental bliss
- For sexual pleasure, begetting offspring and tasting heavenly nectar, the Lord developed the genitals, and thus there is the genital organ and its controlling deity, the Prajapati
- Formerly, when nectar was being distributed, Rahu tried to create dissension between the sun and moon by interposing himself between them
- From the nectar were produced many entities, of which there was a horse named Uccaihsrava. Another animal produced from the nectar was an elephant named Airavata
- Fruitive activities and mental speculation are simply cups of poison. Whoever drinks of them, thinking them to be nectar, must struggle very hard life after life, in different types of bodies
- Gajendra entered the lake, bathed thoroughly and was relieved of his fatigue. Then, with the aid of his trunk, he drank the cold, clear, nectarean water, which was mixed with the dust of lotus flowers and water lilies, until he was fully satisfied
- Garuda, the carrier of the Lord, snatched away a nectar pot from the hands of the demigods in heaven in order to liberate his mother, Vinata, from the clutches of his stepmother, Kadru, the mother of the serpents
- Haridasa Thakura accepted food daily at the house of Advaita Acarya. Meeting together, the two of them would taste the nectar of discourses on the subject matter of Krsna
- Having heard these verses recited by Rupa Gosvami, Srila Ramananda Raya said, "Your poetic expressions are like continuous showers of nectar. Kindly let me hear the introductory portion of the second drama"
- He is like an ocean of nectar, and He is the cause of universal transcendental bliss. He is always existing with brilliance
- Her (Radharani's) ears are always attracted to His sweet voice, Her nostrils are enchanted by His fragrance, and Her tongue hankers for the nectar of His soft lips
- His body had all good features, he was stout and strong like a lion, and he was decorated with bangles. In his hand he carried a jug filled to the top with nectar
- His body shone most brilliantly; though he had engaged in austere penance for a long time, he was not emaciated, for the Lord had cast His affectionate sidelong glance upon him and he had also heard the nectar flowing from the moonlike words of the Lord
- His brothers used to give him broken rice, oil cakes, the chaff of rice, worm-eaten grains and burned grains that had stuck to the pot, but he gladly accepted all this as if it were nectar. He did not hold any grudges and ate all this very gladly
- How did the demigods obtain the nectar, and what other things were produced from the churning of the ocean? Kindly describe all these wonderful activities of the Lord
- How this could be possible (to inundate the three worlds with nectar) was exhibited by Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and later by Thakura Narottama dasa and Syamananda Gosvami, who all represented the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- I do not know how much nectar the two syllables 'Krs-na' have produced. When the holy name of Krsna is chanted, it appears to dance within the mouth
- If anyone who is traveling aimlessly within this material world cares to hear the nectarean words spoken by Sukadeva Gosvami, certainly he will come to the right conclusion
- If one has but a little love of Godhead, he can perceive its powerful effects. It can only be compared to poison and nectar mixed together
- If we drink this nectar (bhagavad-gita), very soon the brilliant sunshine of transcendental knowledge will dispel the darkness of ignorance caused by our unwanted material desires
- If we hear from those who are actually self realized, then the nectarean rivers, like those which are flowing on the moon planet, will flow into our ears. This is the metaphor used in the above verse
- Immediately endeavor to produce nectar, which a person who is about to die may drink to become immortal
- In some other Puranas it is stated that Garuda, the eternal carrier of Visnu, knew that Krsna would take this action in the future, and so he put some nectar on this tree to preserve it
- In that pure stage of life (the highest platform of pure goodness), one can taste this nectar, and this tasting capacity is technically called rasa, or transcendental mood
- In the morning Her (Radharani's) body is bathed in the nectar of compassion, in the afternoon in the nectar of youth, and in the evening in the nectar of luster itself. In this way the bathing is performed
- In the rainy season, the clouds, tossed by the wind, deliver water which is welcomed like nectar
- Intelligent persons factually dip into the ocean of Your nectarean activities and very patiently hear about them
- It (the sankirtana movement) increases the ocean of transcendental bliss, and it enables us to fully taste the nectar for which we are always anxious
- It appears that when different kinds of drugs, creepers, grass and vegetables are put into this milk and the milk is churned, as milk is churned for butter, the active principles of the vegetables and drugs mix with the milk, and the result is nectar
- It is said that a noble man accepts the good qualities of a person of doubtful character, just as one accepts nectar from a stock of poison
- It is said that the intelligent man should pick up nectar from a stock of poison, should accept gold even from a filthy place, should accept a good and qualified wife even from an obscure family
- Judging by the sweet speech and kind smiles of those residents, I think that their mouths must contain nectar
- Just as the eye is always protected by the eyelid, they are protected by the sons of Prtha, who snatched back their rightful kingdom from the hands of their enemy Duryodhana, just as Garuda snatched nectar from the mouth of Indra, the thunderbolt carrier
- Kindly give us the nectar of Your lips, which are touched by Your transcendentally vibrating flute, for that nectar makes all human beings forget all other attachments
- Krishna never forgets the service rendered to him by the devotee and once tasting the nectar of devotional service to the Lotus Feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, it is not possible to forget Him
- Krsna's speech is far sweeter than nectar. Each of His jubilant words is full of meaning, and when His speech mixes with His smile, which is like camphor, the resultant sound and the deep meaning of Krsna's words create various transcendental mellows
- Like thirsty cataka birds, the eyes of the gopis joyously drank the nectarean water from the cloud
- Logic is like a dry oil cake from which all the oil has been extracted. The Bhattacarya passed his life in eating such dry cakes, but now You have made him drink the nectar of transcendental pastimes. It is certainly Your great mercy upon him
- Lord Caitanya's teachings are just like nectar, and they hold whatever is needed. The best way is to take to this path and follow it
- Lord Krsna desired to taste the limitless nectarean mellows of the love of one of His multitude of loving damsels (Sri Radha), and so He has assumed the form of Lord Caitanya
- Lord Krsna, stepping over the other hopeful candidates, carried her (Rukmini) away as His own share, as Garuda carried away nectar
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please speak on. I am very happy to hear you because a river of unprecedented nectar is flowing from your mouth"
- Lord Visnu appeared as the incarnation Mohini, the most beautiful woman in the world, just to captivate the demons and save the nectar for the demigods
- Madana-mohana always chews pan that surpasses the nectar of heaven
- Maharaja Pariksit was interested in the topics of the Lord because factually he felt that by hearing such a nectarean message from the mouth of Sukadeva Gosvami he was not feeling any exhaustion, even though he was fasting because of his imminent death
- Maya may put so many doubts and worthless arguments into our minds, but if we continue the chanting, the curing process will go on, never mind the doubts, and gradually we will get a taste of that sweet nectar of Krishna Nama Sankirtana
- Milk is compared to nectar, which one can drink to become immortal. Of course, simply drinking milk will not make one immortal, but it can increase the duration of one's life
- My dear King, one should stay at a place where the great acaryas (holy teachers) speak about the transcendental activities of the Lord, & one should give aural reception to the nectarean river flowing from the moonlike faces of such great personalities
- My dear Lord, You have made me drink this transcendental nectar of krsna-katha. Therefore I am sold to Your lotus feet, life after life
- My Lord, the nectar of Your words & the descriptions of Your activities are the life and soul of those who are always aggrieved in this material world. These narrations are transmitted by exalted personalities, and they eradicate all sinful reactions
- My Lord, we have come here desiring to see that form of Your Lordship which You showed to the demons to captivate them completely and in this way enable the demigods to drink nectar. I am very eager to see that form
- My mind's five disciples, the senses of perception, gather the remnants of that nectar from the gopis and bring them to the yogi of My mind. The senses maintain their lives by eating those remnants
- Narada Muni continued: When the saintly person was thus questioned by Prahlada Maharaja, the King of the Daityas, he was captivated by this shower of nectarean words, and he replied to the inquisitiveness of Prahlada Maharaja with a smiling face
- Narrations of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's activities are just like nectar to hear. Indeed, they satisfy both the ears and mind. One who tastes the nectar of these activities is certainly very fortunate
- Nectar from the ocean of Your glories
- Nectar, however, is by its nature always liquid. And the hearts of those who are in pure ecstatic love with Krsna are by nature always liquified, just like nectar
- No one would have taken the trouble to maintain children if there were no taste of heavenly nectar by means of sexual intercourse
- O devotees, relish daily the nectar of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta and the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, for by doing so one can merge in transcendental bliss and attain full knowledge of devotional service
- O Govinda, this youthful girl named Radhika is today constantly pouring forth tears like nectar falling from flowers as She sings Your holy names in a sweet voice
- O hero of charity, please deliver unto us the nectar of Your lips. That nectar increases lusty desires for enjoyment and diminishes lamentation in the material world
- O killer of the Madhu demon, incessant transcendental bliss flows in the minds of those who have even once tasted but a drop of the nectar from the ocean of Your glories
- O King, a quarrel then arose among the demons over who would get the nectar first. Each of them said, "You cannot drink it first. I must drink it first. Me first, not you"
- O King, after the Supreme Personality of Godhead had brought to completion the affairs of churning the ocean and feeding the nectar to the demigods, who are His dear devotees, He left the presence of them all and was carried by Garuda to His own abode
- O Maharaja Pariksit, chastiser of enemies, the demigods and the demons thereafter made an armistice between them. Then, with great enterprise, they arranged to produce nectar, as proposed by Lord Indra
- O my merciful Lord Caitanya, may the nectarean Ganges waters of Your transcendental activities flow on the surface of my desertlike tongue
- O Providence, you are so unkind! You reveal the beautiful face of Krsna and make the mind and eyes greedy, but after they have drunk that nectar for only a moment, you whisk Krsna away to another place
- O Suta Gosvami, all good fortune to you! Please narrate the activities of the Lord, which are all magnanimous and worth glorifying. What sort of devotee can be satiated by hearing the nectarean pastimes of the Lord?
- Of horses know Me to be Uccaihsrava, produced during the churning of the ocean for nectar. Of lordly elephants I am Airavata, and among men I am the monarch
- Offer the Govardhana stone eight kaudis worth of the first-class sweetmeats known as khaja and sandesa. If you offer them with faith and love, they will be just like nectar
- On the lower slopes of Mandara Mountain is a mango tree named Devacuta. It is 1,100 yojanas high. Mangoes as big as mountain peaks and as sweet as nectar fall from the top of this tree for the enjoyment of the denizens of heaven
- On the other hand, they captivate My heart who are gladdened in heart and who, their lotus faces enlightened by nectarean smiles, respect the brahmanas, even though the brahmanas utter harsh words
- One may ask why the Supreme Personality of Godhead could not detect Rahu. The reason is that the Lord wanted to show the effects of drinking nectar
- One particle of that transcendental, blissful nectar is the life and soul of the ear, which is like a cakora bird that lives in hope of tasting that nectar
- One should mold his life in such a way that he cannot live in peace without drinking the nectar of the glorification of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari. One can be thus elevated by being disgusted with the taste for sense enjoyment
- One who drinks the water of the Ganges attains salvation, so what to speak of one who drinks the nectar of Bhagavad-gita? Bhagavad-gita is the essential nectar of the Mahabharata, and it is spoken by Lord Krsna Himself, the original Visnu
- One who is attached to the nectarean honey of the Lord's lotus feet, and whose mind is always absorbed in His glories, may sometimes be checked by some impediment, but he still never gives up the exalted position he has acquired
- Our (Sages of Naimisaranya) bodies have become black from the smoke, but we are factually pleased by the nectar of the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead, Govinda, which you are distributing
- Our bodies have become black from the smoke, but we are factually pleased by the nectar of the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead, Govinda, which you are distributing
- Our ISKCON centers are meant to give relief to the dried up conditioned souls who are searching after the nectar of joyful life
- Over and above the other baths (that Radharani takes), the bath taken in the afternoon is taken in the nectar of full beauty. This nectar represents the personal qualities of beauty and luster. Thus there are three baths in different kinds of water
- Persons who have taken shelter of the umbrella of Your lotus feet by drinking the intoxicating nectar of Your qualities and activities in discussions with one another, can be freed from the primary necessities of the material body
- Persons who, because of their serious attitude, attain the stage of enlightened devotional service achieve the complete meaning of renunciation and knowledge and attain the Vaikunthaloka in the spiritual sky simply by drinking the nectar of Your topics
- Pradyumna Misra said, "My dear Lord, You have made me extremely obliged to You because You have drowned me in a nectarean ocean of talks about Krsna"
- Pradyumna's attachment for Krsna was always exhibited by his action. Whenever he was ordered by his father to execute something, he would immediately execute the order, taking the task as nectarean even though it may have been poison
- Prahlada said, "If you are always engaged in chanting the glories of the Supreme Lord and always relishing the nectar of the lotus feet of the Lord, then there is no necessity for any of these"
- Raghunatha Bhatta was an expert cook. Whatever he prepared tasted just like nectar
- Rahu's head, however, having been touched by the nectar, became immortal. Thus Lord Brahma accepted Rahu's head as one of the planets
- Rahu, the demon who causes eclipses of the sun and moon, covered himself with the dress of a demigod and thus entered the assembly of the demigods and drank nectar without being detected by anyone, even by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Relish Bhagavatam, the mature fruit of the desire tree of Vedic literatures. It emanated from the lips of Sri Sukadeva. Therefore this fruit has become more tasteful, although its nectarean juice was already relishable for all, including liberated souls
- Rupa prays to his spiritual master, Sanatana Gosvami, for the protection of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu - the Ocean of the Pure Nectar of Devotional Service - from the argumentative logicians who unnecessarily meddle in the science of service to the Lord
- Seeing me so distressed, the moon is certainly splashing its shining nectar upon me - just as a friend throws water on another friend who has a high fever. In this way, the moon is bringing me happiness
- Separation from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is like a drought, but when the Lord returns, His presence is like a nectarean rain that falls on all the grains and saves them from perishing
- She (Laksmana) was also forcibly married by Krsna, who took her in the same way that Garuda snatched the jar of nectar from the hands of the demigods. Krsna kidnapped this girl in the presence of many other princes in the assembly of her svayamvara
- She administered the nectar to the demigods, who were sitting at a distant place, to make them free from invalidity, old age and death
- She said: My dear demons, if you accept whatever I may do, whether honest or dishonest, then I can take responsibility for dividing the nectar among you
- Simply by considering these two verses one can understand what nectar there is in such dealings. It is exactly like freeing a mine of nectar
- Since I am very intelligent, why should I give this fool material prosperity? Instead I shall induce him to take the nectar of the shelter of My lotus feet and make him forget illusory material enjoyment
- Since I have become a madman, I am saying one thing instead of another. This is because I am being carried away by the waves of the nectarean ocean of Lord Krsna's transcendental sweetness
- Since Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu was the original trunk, the taste of the fruits that grew on the branches and subbranches surpassed the taste of nectar
- Sincerely extolled in these words, Lord Visnu, shining very beautifully on the shoulders of Garuda, replied with words as sweet as nectar. His eyebrows moved gracefully as He looked at the sage (Kardama Muni) with a smile full of affection
- Sir, You are making Jagadananda drink the nectar of affectionate relationships, whereas by offering me honorable prayers, You are making me drink the bitter juice of nimba and nisinda
- Softness of the heart is compared with honey, with butter and with nectar. And the condition of the mind is compared with sunshine
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "These are remnants of food that Krsna has eaten and thus turned to nectar with His lips. It surpasses heavenly nectar, and even such demigods as Lord Brahma find it difficult to obtain"
- Sri Panca-tattva themselves danced again and again and thus made it easier to drink nectarean love of Godhead. They danced, cried, laughed and chanted like madmen, and in this way they distributed love of Godhead
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami continued: After the demons heard the words of Mohini-murti, who had spoken as if jokingly, they were all very confident. They laughed with gravity, and ultimately they delivered the container of nectar into Her hands
- Srila Ramananda Raya objected, "It is not alkali at all. It is a particle of camphor he has put into the nectar of his exalted poetic expression"
- Srila Ramananda Raya said, "This is not a poetic presentation; it is a continuous shower of nectar. Indeed, it is the essence of all ultimate realizations, appearing in the form of plays"
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is so carefully presented that a sincere and serious person can at once enjoy the ripened fruit of Vedic knowledge simply by drinking the nectarean juice through the mouth of Sukadeva Gosvami or his bona fide representative
- Srimati Radharani received from Durvasa Muni the benediction that whatever She cooked would be sweeter than nectar. That is the special feature of Her cooking
- Srimati Radharani takes Her first bath in the shower of the nectar of compassion, and She takes Her second bath in the nectar of youth
- Such persons are condemned by the supreme order of the Lord. Because they are averse to the nectar of the activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, they are compared to stool-eating hogs
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O best of the Kurus, Maharaja Pariksit, the demigods and demons summoned Vasuki, king of the serpents, requesting him to come and promising to give him a share of the nectar
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King, the demons and Daityas all engaged with full attention and effort in churning the ocean, but because they were not devotees of Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, they were not able to drink the nectar
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, in the form of a woman, captivated the demons and enabled the demigods to drink the nectar
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: Thereafter, the demons became inimical toward one another. Throwing and snatching the container of nectar, they gave up their friendly relationship. Meanwhile, they saw a very beautiful young woman coming forward toward them
- Supreme Personality of Godhead said to demigods, "Do not be aggrieved. By My own energy I shall bewilder the demons by creating a quarrel among them. In this way I shall fulfill your desire to have the nectar"
- Svarupa Damodara said, "You eat such nectar every day, but you never offer it to us. What is your character"
- Taking the container of nectar in Her hands, She first approached the demons, satisfied them with sweet words and thus cheated them of their share of the nectar
- Taking this opportunity, Indra touched the elephant with his nectar-producing hand, thus relieving the animal's pain and curing its injuries. Then the elephant and Indra both stood silently
- Thank you for appreciating Sri Caitanya-caritamrta. There is no need to feel sad at the end of a chapter or a volume because there is always another chapter and another volume. There is no scarcity.You want more nectarine and the supply is also there
- That happiness which is derived from contact of the senses with their objects and which appears like nectar at first but poison at the end is said to be of the nature of passion. BG 18.38 - 1972
- That which in the beginning may be just like poison but at the end is just like nectar and which awakens one to self-realization is said to be happiness in the mode of goodness. BG 18.36-37 - 1972
- The activities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are just like an ocean of nectar. Even a drop of this ocean can inundate all the three worlds
- The brahmana priest said, "In the evening the Deity is offered sweet rice in twelve earthen pots. Because the taste is as good as nectar (amrta), it is named amrta-keli"
- The chin of the Lord, tinged with buff color, conquered the beauty of the bandhuli flower. This increased the beauty of His mild smiling, which was like lustrous waves of nectar
- The citizens of Mathura City who saw Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, became very much pleased and began to look on His face with insatiable glances, as if they were drinking the nectar of heaven
- The demigods and demons churned the ocean of milk to get nectar from it, but the demons, not being devotees of the Lord, could derive no profit
- The demigods and demons coiled Vasuki around Mandara Mountain as a churning rope, and with great pleasure they endeavored to produce nectar by churning the ocean of milk
- The demigods and demons were churning the ocean of milk with the Mandara Mountain in order to extract nectar. The mountain moved back and forth, scratching the back of Lord Tortoise, who, while partially sleeping, was experiencing an itching sensation
- The demigods and demons worked almost madly for the nectar, encouraged by the Lord, who was above and below the mountain and who had entered the demigods, the demons, Vasuki and the mountain itself
- The denizens (of heaven) used to drink nectar to become immortal, but actually they were not confident of their immortality. On the other hand, the boys who were playing with Krsna had no fear of the demons. They were free of fear
- The devotees of Krishna are the most exalted persons on this planet, better than kings, all of them, so we should always remember that and, like the bumblebee, always look for the nectar or the best qualities of a person
- The devotees who have taken shelter of the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu take the responsibility for distributing nectarean devotional service all over the world. They are like clouds pouring water on the ground that nourishes the fruit of love
- The effect of taking up Krsna consciousness is just like that of drinking nectar: with or without one's knowledge, it will act. The active principle of Krsna consciousness will equally manifest itself everywhere
- The emotions created by this incident were sweeter than nectar turned into a palatable intoxicant, and the milk flowing out of their breasts was immediately drunk up by the children
- The food prepared and offered to the Deity by Raghava Pandita was like the essence of nectar. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came there again and again to eat such prasadam
- The fruits had no seeds or skins. They were full of nectarean juice and were so sweet that a man would be fully satisfied by eating only one
- The fruits ripened and became sweet and nectarean. The gardener, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, distributed them without asking any price
- The good sages said: O grave Suta Gosvami! May you live many years and have eternal fame, for you are speaking very nicely about the activities of Lord Krsna, the Personality of Godhead. This is just like nectar for mortal beings like us
- The gopis saw that the cows were hearing the sweet songs vibrated by Krsna's flute and were appearing to be drinking the nectar of these transcendental sounds. The calves were stunned, and they forgot to drink the milk from the milk bags
- The great Maitreya continued: While King Prthu thus spoke, the humility of his nectarean speeches pleased the reciters very much. Then again they continued to praise the King highly with exalted prayers, as they had been instructed by the great sages
- The great mystic Maya Danava became aware that the calf and cow were drinking the nectar, and he could understand this to be the unseen power of providence. Thus he spoke to the demons, who were grievously lamenting
- The great sage Narada said: All of you demigods are protected by the arms of Narayana, the SPG, and by His grace you have gotten the nectar. By the grace of the goddess of fortune, you are glorious in every way. Therefore, please stop this fighting
- The holy Lake Bindu-sarovara, flooded by the waters of the River Sarasvati, was resorted to by hosts of eminent sages. Its holy water was not only auspicious but as sweet as nectar
- The instructions given to King Rahugana by Jada Bharata are very valuable. They are like the medicine that can save one from a snakebite. The Vedic instructions are like nectar and cool water for one suffering from scorching heat
- The library party is doing very nicely. It is nectar to my ears to hear the list of schools which are taking our standing order
- The milk from the breasts of Devaki was transcendental nectar because the same milk had been sucked by Lord Krsna
- The moon is the source of nectarean coolness that influences the growth of food grains, and therefore the moon-god is considered the life of all living entities. He is consequently called Jiva, the chief living being within the universe
- The moon-demigod presented King Prthu with horses made of nectar, and the demigod Visvakarma presented him with a very beautiful chariot
- The pastimes of Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu are the essence of nectar. From the stream of one of His pastimes flow hundreds and thousands of branches
- The pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead are like sikharini, a blend of yogurt and sugar candy. They overpower the pride of even the nectar produced on the moon
- The queens continued, "We must frankly admit that your voice is imbued with nectar, and it is so invigorating that it is competent to bring back life to those who are almost dead in separation from their dearmost friend"
- The same gopi said, "It sounds to them like the pouring of nectar, and they immediately spread their long ears just to catch the liquid nectar of the flute"
- The second bath is taken at noon in the water of tarunyamrta, or the nectar of youth. This is the actual expression of Her (Radharani's) new youthfulness
- The Siddhas prayed: Like an elephant that has suffered in a forest fire but can forget all its troubles by entering a river, our minds, O Lord, always merge in the nectarean river of Your transcendental pastimes
- The sight of all these symptoms attracted everyone's mind and consciousness. Indeed, the Lord sprinkled everyone's mind with the nectar of transcendental love of Godhead
- The sound of this material world and that of the spiritual world are completely different. The sound of the spiritual world is nectarean and eternal, whereas the sound of the material world is hackneyed and subject to end
- The students said, "Because of this fire the water of his life has almost dried away. Let us now pour the nectar of the holy name through his ears, and by doing so the swan of his life may again show signs of life"
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the best friend and well-wisher of the three worlds. Thus when the demigods had almost finished drinking the nectar, the Lord, in the presence of all the demons, disclosed His original form
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: When the demons took away the jug of nectar, I assumed the form of a beautiful woman to bewilder them by directly cheating them and thus to act in the interest of the demigods
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, using His disc, which was sharp like a razor, at once cut off Rahu's head. When Rahu's head was severed from his body, the body, being untouched by the nectar, could not survive
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, having taken possession of the container of nectar, smiled slightly and spoke in attractive words
- The touch of His body is cooler than millions and millions of moons together, and the nectar of His bodily fragrance overfloods the entire world
- The trees in Vrndavana are wish-fulfilling trees. The land is made of touchstone, and the water is nectar. Words are musical vibrations, and all movements are dancing
- The very topics of Krsna are so relishable that they appear to the devotees as nectar. Thus the devotees enjoy them. In discussing Krsna's opulences and His diverse energies, the pure devotees take transcendental pleasure
- The water in Vrndavana is nectar, and the brahmajyoti effulgence, which is full of transcendental bliss, is directly perceived there in its form
- The water is all nectar, the talking is singing, the walking is dancing, and the constant companion of Krsna is His flute. The effulgence of transcendental bliss is experienced everywhere. Therefore Vrndavana-dhama is the only relishable abode
- The words of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are a shower of nectar. Whatever He concludes to be the ultimate truth is indeed the summum bonum of all spiritual knowledge
- Then Lord Brahma became a calf and Lord Visnu a cow, and at noon they entered the residences and drank all the nectar in the well
- There is now a flood of the eternal nectar of love of Godhead due to the incarnation of Lord Caitanya. All living entities are floating in that flood. The entire world is now thankful to the Lord
- There was a soup made with fried urad dhal and mung dhal, defeating nectar. There were also sweet chutney and five or six kinds of sour preparations, beginning with badamla
- There was sukhta, bitter melon mixed with all kinds of vegetables, defying the taste of nectar. There were five types of bitter and pungent sukhtas
- There were varieties of cakes, sweet rice and fine cooked rice that surpassed the taste of nectar. There were also varieties of vegetables
- Thereafter the child, who was left to the care of the trees, began to cry in hunger. At that time the king of the forest, namely the king of the moon planet, out of compassion placed his finger, which poured forth nectar, within the child's mouth
- Thereafter, calling all the Vaisnavas, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu distributed maha-prasadam as if sprinkling nectar. At that time the mock fight between Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu became more and more delicious
- These lakes had bathing places constructed with jewels, and they were filled with blossoming lotus flowers. There were various birds chirping, and the water was exactly like nectar
- These tastes are like a combination of yogurt, sugar candy, ghee (clarified butter), black pepper and camphor and are as palatable as sweet nectar
- They (Kings and Princes) looked upon Him to their hearts' content, as if drinking nectar through their eyes, licking His body with their tongues, smelling the aroma of His body with their noses, and embracing Him with their arms
- This Aghasura was so dangerous that even the denizens of heaven were afraid of him. Although the denizens of heaven drank nectar daily to prolong their lives, they were afraid of this Aghasura and were wondering, "When will the demon be killed?"
- This fruit has become even more tasteful, although its nectarean juice was already relishable for all, including liberated souls
- Those who are chanting Hare Krsna maha-mantra without any offense, they are tasting spiritual nectarine
- Those who are pure devotees enjoy these narrations as nectar entering into their ears
- Those who drink through aural reception, fully filled with the nectarean message of Lord Krsna, the beloved of the devotees, purify the polluted aim of life known as material enjoyment and thus go back to Godhead, to the lotus feet of the Lord
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally praised the nectarean characteristics of Madhavendra Puri, and while He related all this to the devotees, He personally relished it
- Thus with two intentions the Lord appeared with His devotees and tasted the nectar of prema with the congregational chanting of the holy name
- To enunciate explicitly those transcendental pastimes, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu empowered Srila Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami with the nectar of His mercy to carry out this work in Vrndavana
- To inundate the three worlds with nectar is the purpose of the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- To inundate the three worlds with nectar is the purpose of the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. How this could be possible was exhibited by Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and later by Thakura Narottama dasa and Syamananda Gosvami
- To Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu the prasadam tasted millions upon millions of times better than nectar, and thus He was fully satisfied. The hair all over His body stood on end, and incessant tears flowed from His eyes
- Uddhava wrote a letter to Krsna and said, "My dear Supreme King of Vraja, You are the vision of nectar for the eyes, and without seeing Your lotus feet and the effulgence of Your body, my mind is always morose"
- Upon seeing Dhanvantari carrying the jug of nectar, the demons, desiring the jug and its contents, immediately snatched it away by force
- Usa replied, "Aniruddha's arms are very long, & his general bodily features are so pleasing that any young girl would be attracted. I feel much pride in saying that this beautiful young man was kissing me, & I was enjoying the nectar of his kissing"
- Water flowed from His eyes and sometimes through His nostrils, and foam fell from His mouth. These flowings appeared to be torrents of nectar descending from the moon
- We are now all engaged in enmity among ourselves because of this one subject matter - the container of nectar. Although we have been born in the same family, we are becoming increasingly inimical
- We offer our respectful obeisances unto that merciful S P of God who has converted all three worlds, which were maddened by ignorance, & saved them from their diseased condition by making them mad with the nectar from the treasure-house of love of God
- We Upanisads can also taste the nectar of His lotus feet by following in the footsteps of the gopis
- What I have heard from Ramananda Raya is like a nectarean ocean of discourses about Krsna. Even the demigods, beginning with Lord Brahma, cannot understand all these topics
- What to speak of others, even Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, personally descends to taste the nectar of love of Godhead in the form of the chanting of Hare Krsna
- When He was talking, it was so nice and sweet to hear. When Mother Yasoda looked at His little ears and saw Him naked, trying to run very quickly with His little legs, she was merged into the ocean of nectar
- When Krsna speaks on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra, to the materialistic person it appears that this is simply talk between two friends, but actually it is a river of nectar flowing down from the mouth of Sri Krsna
- When nectar did not come from the ocean of milk, despite so much endeavor by the best of the demigods and demons, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Ajita, personally began to churn the ocean
- When Purvacitti spoke, nectar seemed to flow from her mouth. As she breathed, the bees, mad for the taste of her breath, tried to hover about her beautiful lotuslike eyes
- When the dead bodies of the demons came in touch with the nectar, their bodies became invincible to thunderbolts. Endowed with great strength, they got up like lightning penetrating clouds
- When the embodied being is able to transcend these three modes, he can become free from birth, death, old age and their distresses and can enjoy nectar even in this life. BG 14.20 - 1972
- When the higher standard of ecstatic love is mixed with the symptoms of sattvika and vyabhicari, the devotee relishes the transcendental bliss of loving Krsna in a variety of nectarean tastes
- When the jug of nectar was carried off by the demons, the demigods were morose. Thus they sought shelter at the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari
- When the Vedic followers, the brahmanas, inspire rich men like kings and members of the wealthy mercantile community to give charity in the performance of great sacrifices, the distribution of such wealth is also nectarean
- When the Yamuna and the moonshine come in contact on the bank of the river, the water tastes just like nectar, and drinking it gives great satisfaction. It is as cooling as piles of snow
- When we take account of her (Rukmini's) beautiful face, it appears that the curling hair on her head, the beautiful earrings on her ears, her smiling mouth and her necklace of gold all combined to shower rains of nectar
- Whenever he would find something to be disapproved of by his father, he would immediately reject it as poison, even though it may have been nectarean
- Whereas I once associated with the disciples of logic, all nondevotees, I am now merged in the waves of the nectarean ocean of the association of devotees
- Wherever knowledge is available, we should take it. That is the real position of seeker of knowledge. Canakya Pandita says, "In the pot of poison, if there is little nectar in, take it"
- While Rahu, in disguise, was drinking nectar among the demigods, the Supreme Personality of Godhead severed his head. The wife of Samhlada was named Krti. By union with Samhlada, Krti gave birth to a son named Pancajana
- While returning to their homes, they (the brahmanas, kings, sages and demigods) talked of the dealings of Yudhisthira & even after continuous talk of his greatness they were not satiated, just as one may drink nectar over & over again & never be satisfied
- While Rukmini was being given in charity to Sisupala, Krsna snatched her from the marriage arena exactly as Garuda snatched a pot of nectar from the demigods
- Who, other than one who is not a human being, can exist in this world and not be interested in the ultimate goal of life? Who can refuse the nectar of narrations about the PG's activities, which by itself can deliver one from all material pangs?
- Yasoda's friend said, "In the same way, if she is allowed to stay in the ocean of nectar, but is not allowed to see the lotus face of Your Grace, then even this ocean of nectar will appear to her as an ocean of arsenic poison"
- Yes, you are correct to say that "It is all nectar," everything having relation with Krishna or Lord Chaitanya is nectarine and our literatures in our line of Vaisnava acharyas is so nice that there is no comparison anywhere in the world for it
- You consider your body dangerous and awful, but I think that your body is like nectar
- You offer such nectarean rice to Krsna. Who can estimate the limit of your fortune
- Your (Krsna's) lotus feet can deride even the nectar of the heavenly kingdom, and therefore I (Srila Rupa Gosvami) am very much attracted by them
- Yudhisthira said, "This nectar coming from the mouth of a devotee is so powerful that if one is fortunate enough to have the opportunity to drink it, he is immediately freed from the continuous journey of birth and death"