Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
nectar | nectarean | nectarine
Do not compile "Nectar of Devotion"
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Nectar"
The following 249 pages are in this category, out of 249 total.
- A candidate for spiritual advancement must be nonviolent, must follow in the footsteps of great acaryas, must always remember the nectar of the pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and...
- A devotee says, "I am always swimming in the nectarean ocean of the pastimes of the SPG & I have no more attraction for religious rituals, economic development, sense gratification, or even the ultimate salvation of merging into the existence of Brahman"
- A devotee who has once tasted the nectar from the Lord's lotus feet can realize what transcendental pleasure there is in the Lord's devotional service
- A man who is simply attached to sensual enjoyment voluntarily accepts the miserable material existence and thus wanders after the will-o'-the-wisp of sense pleasure. He is certainly the most foolish man, for he drinks poison and puts aside the nectar
- A pure devotee of Krsna is always specifically qualified with nectarean qualifications and sometimes with the qualifications of butter and honey
- Above all, the superexcellent Sri Radha-kunda stands supreme, for it is overflooded with the ambrosial nectarean prema of the Lord of Gokula, Sri Krsna
- Accompanied by the stringed instrument (Narada Muni's vina), the singing seems like a shower of nectar, and all the devotees dance in ecstasy to the fullest extent of their satisfaction
- After hearing the words of Brahma, the creator, which were free from all sinful purposes and as sweet as nectar, the Lord heartily laughed and accepted his prayer with a glance laden with love
- After Her midday bath, Radharani takes another bath in the nectar of bodily luster, and She puts on the garment of shyness, which is Her black silk sari
- After this, Bali Maharaja brought valuable garments, ornaments, sandalwood pulp, betel nuts, lamps and various nectarean foods, and along with his family members he worshiped the Lords according to the regulative principles
- Again let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead. O my Lord, I offer my obeisances hundreds and thousands of times with all affection because by Your personal pastimes You plunge the gopis into an ocean of nectar
- Ajita, taking the shape of a tortoise and holding the mountain known as Mandara on His back, churned the ocean and produced nectar for the demigods
- All the wealth in the three worlds cannot equal the value of one such nectarean fruit of devotional service
- Although priceless, the nectar of Krsna's face is distributed to everyone. Some purchase the moonrays of His sweet smiles, and others purchase the nectar of His lips. Thus He pleases everyone
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, we cannot even think of His bamboo flute - what sort of pious activities did it execute so that it is now enjoying the nectar of the lips of Krsna, which is actually the property of us gopis?"
- Any material happiness is like water in a ditch, whereas the spiritual happiness eternally enjoyed in the spiritual world is like an ocean of nectar in which a devotee wants to swim
- Anyone who hears the narrations of the His pastimes in Dvaraka will certainly find it very easy to traverse the path of liberation and taste the nectar of the lotus feet of Lord Krsna. And thus he will be engaged in Lord Krsna's devotional service
- As their eyes began to drink the nectarean honey of His lotus face, their thirst increased. Thus their eyes did not leave Him
- At night, in the company of His most confidential devotees, such as Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, He tasted the nectar of the transcendental mellows of Lord Sri Krsna's pastimes
- Because I (Pariksit) am drinking the nectar of topics about Krsna, which is flowing from the lotus mouth of your Lordship (Sukadeva Gosvami), my hunger and thirst, which are extremely difficult to bear, cannot hinder me
- Because of my drinking the nectar of the message of the infallible Personality of Godhead, which is flowing down from the ocean of your (Sukadeva Gosvami's) speeches, I (Maharaja Pariksit) do not feel any sort of exhaustion due to my fasting
- Because the conditioned soul is always disturbed by the bodily necessities such as hunger and thirst, he has very little time to cultivate attachment to hearing the nectarean words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Begins to drink real nectar, and he enjoys life
- Brahma said, "You are the original amrta (indestructible nectar of immortality). As confirmed in the Vedas, amrtam sasvatam brahma. Brahman is the eternal, the supreme origin of everything, who has no birth or death"
- By churning the ocean of milk, Ajita produced nectar for the demigods. In the form of a tortoise, He moved here and there, carrying on His back the great mountain known as Mandara
- By hearing the holy name of Krsna, the entire country became Vaisnava. It was as if the nectar of the holy name of Krsna overflooded the entire country
- By nature all the activities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are very wonderful and sweet, and when they are described by Vrndavana dasa Thakura, they become like a shower of nectar
- By the mercy of Sanatana Gosvami I have learned the final conclusions of devotional service, and by the grace of Sri Rupa Gosvami I have tasted the highest nectar of devotional service
- Caitanya said, "Love of Krsna is so powerful that it simultaneously defeats the poisonous effects of a snake, as well as the happiness derived from pouring nectar on one's head. It is perceived as doubly effective, simultaneously poisonous & nectarean"
- Caitanya said, "The poisonous effects of love of Godhead defeat the severe and fresh poison of the serpent. Yet there is simultaneously transcendental bliss, which pours down and defeats the pride of nectar and diminishes its value"
- Every human being dislikes meeting death, but he does not know how to get rid of death. The surest remedy for avoiding death is to accustom oneself to hearing the nectarean pastimes of the Lord
- Expecting the mercy of Svarupa, Rupa, Sanatana and Raghunatha dasa, and taking their lotus feet on my head, I, the most fallen Krsnadasa, continue chanting the epic Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, which is sweeter than the nectar of transcendental bliss
- For sexual pleasure, begetting offspring and tasting heavenly nectar, the Lord developed the genitals, and thus there is the genital organ and its controlling deity, the Prajapati
- From the nectar were produced many entities, of which there was a horse named Uccaihsrava. Another animal produced from the nectar was an elephant named Airavata
- Fruitive activities and mental speculation are simply cups of poison. Whoever drinks of them, thinking them to be nectar, must struggle very hard life after life, in different types of bodies
- Haridasa Thakura accepted food daily at the house of Advaita Acarya. Meeting together, the two of them would taste the nectar of discourses on the subject matter of Krsna
- Having heard these verses recited by Rupa Gosvami, Srila Ramananda Raya said, "Your poetic expressions are like continuous showers of nectar. Kindly let me hear the introductory portion of the second drama"
- He (Rupa Gosvami) further prays that by residing in that ocean of nectar he may always feel transcendental pleasure in the service of Radha and Krsna
- He is like an ocean of nectar, and He is the cause of universal transcendental bliss. He is always existing with brilliance
- Her (Radharani's) ears are always attracted to His sweet voice, Her nostrils are enchanted by His fragrance, and Her tongue hankers for the nectar of His soft lips
- How this could be possible (to inundate the three worlds with nectar) was exhibited by Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and later by Thakura Narottama dasa and Syamananda Gosvami, who all represented the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- I do not know how much nectar the two syllables 'Krs-na' have produced. When the holy name of Krsna is chanted, it appears to dance within the mouth
- If anyone who is traveling aimlessly within this material world cares to hear the nectarean words spoken by Sukadeva Gosvami, certainly he will come to the right conclusion
- If by devotional service one gets the results of pious activities and sees Lord Krsna's face, what can he relish with only two eyes? His greed and thirst increase twofold by seeing the nectarean face of Krsna
- If one drinks but a drop of the nectar of Krsna's pastimes, his body and mind begin to bloom, and he begins to laugh, sing and dance
- If one has but a little love of Godhead, he can perceive its powerful effects. It can only be compared to poison and nectar mixed together
- If we drink this nectar (bhagavad-gita), very soon the brilliant sunshine of transcendental knowledge will dispel the darkness of ignorance caused by our unwanted material desires
- If we hear from those who are actually self realized, then the nectarean rivers, like those which are flowing on the moon planet, will flow into our ears. This is the metaphor used in the above verse
- In some other Puranas it is stated that Garuda, the eternal carrier of Visnu, knew that Krsna would take this action in the future, and so he put some nectar on this tree to preserve it
- In that pure stage of life (the highest platform of pure goodness), one can taste this nectar, and this tasting capacity is technically called rasa, or transcendental mood
- In the morning Her (Radharani's) body is bathed in the nectar of compassion, in the afternoon in the nectar of youth, and in the evening in the nectar of luster itself. In this way the bathing is performed
- In the rainy season, the clouds, tossed by the wind, deliver water which is welcomed like nectar
- In the twelfth incarnation, the Lord appeared as Dhanvantari, and in the thirteenth He allured the atheists by the charming beauty of a woman and gave nectar to the demigods to drink
- Intelligent persons factually dip into the ocean of Your nectarean activities and very patiently hear about them
- It (the sankirtana movement) increases the ocean of transcendental bliss, and it enables us to fully taste the nectar for which we are always anxious
- It appears that when different kinds of drugs, creepers, grass and vegetables are put into this milk and the milk is churned, as milk is churned for butter, the active principles of the vegetables and drugs mix with the milk, and the result is nectar
- It is said that a noble man accepts the good qualities of a person of doubtful character, just as one accepts nectar from a stock of poison
- It is said that the intelligent man should pick up nectar from a stock of poison, should accept gold even from a filthy place, should accept a good and qualified wife even from an obscure family
- Kindly give us the nectar of Your lips, which are touched by Your transcendentally vibrating flute, for that nectar makes all human beings forget all other attachments
- Krishna never forgets the service rendered to him by the devotee and once tasting the nectar of devotional service to the Lotus Feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, it is not possible to forget Him
- Krsna's speech is far sweeter than nectar. Each of His jubilant words is full of meaning, and when His speech mixes with His smile, which is like camphor, the resultant sound and the deep meaning of Krsna's words create various transcendental mellows
- Let us offer our respectful obeisances to all the great devotees and acaryas (holy teachers), who are compared with sharks in the great ocean of nectar and who do not care for the various rivers of liberation
- Like the full moon, he illuminated the entire assembly of Vaisnavas by speaking Sri Caitanya-mangala, and by the nectar of his qualities he increased their transcendental bliss
- Like thirsty cataka birds, the eyes of the gopis joyously drank the nectarean water from the cloud
- Logic is like a dry oil cake from which all the oil has been extracted. The Bhattacarya passed his life in eating such dry cakes, but now You have made him drink the nectar of transcendental pastimes. It is certainly Your great mercy upon him
- Lord Caitanya said to Rupa Gosvami: "Your exalted poetic descriptions of the mellows of Lord Krsna's pastimes are like an ocean of nectar. But why have you put in a false prayer about Me? It is like a drop of detestable alkali"
- Lord Caitanya's teachings are just like nectar, and they hold whatever is needed. The best way is to take to this path and follow it
- Lord Krsna desired to taste the limitless nectarean mellows of the love of one of His multitude of loving damsels (Sri Radha), and so He has assumed the form of Lord Caitanya
- Lord Krsna desired to taste the limitless nectarean mellows of the love possessed by one of His multitude of loving damsels (Sri Radha), and so He has assumed the form of Lord Caitanya
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please speak on. I am very happy to hear you because a river of unprecedented nectar is flowing from your mouth"
- Lord Visnu appeared as the incarnation Mohini, the most beautiful woman in the world, just to captivate the demons and save the nectar for the demigods
- Love for Lord Krsna is very pure, just like the waters of the Ganges. That love is an ocean of nectar. That pure attachment to Krsna does not conceal any spot, which would appear just like a spot of ink on a white cloth
- Madana-mohana always chews pan that surpasses the nectar of heaven
- Maharaja Pariksit was interested in the topics of the Lord because factually he felt that by hearing such a nectarean message from the mouth of Sukadeva Gosvami he was not feeling any exhaustion, even though he was fasting because of his imminent death
- Maya may put so many doubts and worthless arguments into our minds, but if we continue the chanting, the curing process will go on, never mind the doubts, and gradually we will get a taste of that sweet nectar of Krishna Nama Sankirtana
- Milk is compared to nectar, which one can drink to become immortal. Of course, simply drinking milk will not make one immortal, but it can increase the duration of one's life
- My dear King, one should stay at a place where the great acaryas (holy teachers) speak about the transcendental activities of the Lord, & one should give aural reception to the nectarean river flowing from the moonlike faces of such great personalities
- My dear Lord, You have made me drink this transcendental nectar of krsna-katha. Therefore I am sold to Your lotus feet, life after life
- My dear Lord, Your pastimes are just like an ocean of nectar. It is not possible for me to conceive how great that ocean is or even to understand a drop of it
- My Lord, the nectar of Your words & the descriptions of Your activities are the life and soul of those who are always aggrieved in this material world. These narrations are transmitted by exalted personalities, and they eradicate all sinful reactions
- My mind's five disciples, the senses of perception, gather the remnants of that nectar from the gopis and bring them to the yogi of My mind. The senses maintain their lives by eating those remnants
- Narrations of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's activities are just like nectar to hear. Indeed, they satisfy both the ears and mind. One who tastes the nectar of these activities is certainly very fortunate
- Nectar from the ocean of Your glories
- Nectar, however, is by its nature always liquid. And the hearts of those who are in pure ecstatic love with Krsna are by nature always liquified, just like nectar
- No one would have taken the trouble to maintain children if there were no taste of heavenly nectar by means of sexual intercourse
- O devotees, relish daily the nectar of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta and the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, for by doing so one can merge in transcendental bliss and attain full knowledge of devotional service
- O friends, just think of His wives, whose hands He has accepted. How they must have undergone vows, baths, fire sacrifices and perfect worship of the Lord of the universe to constantly relish now the nectar from His lips (by kissing)
- O Govinda, this youthful girl named Radhika is today constantly pouring forth tears like nectar falling from flowers as She sings Your holy names in a sweet voice
- O hero of charity, please deliver unto us the nectar of Your lips. That nectar increases lusty desires for enjoyment and diminishes lamentation in the material world
- O my merciful Lord Caitanya, may the nectarean Ganges waters of Your transcendental activities flow on the surface of my desertlike tongue
- O Providence, you are so unkind! You reveal the beautiful face of Krsna and make the mind and eyes greedy, but after they have drunk that nectar for only a moment, you whisk Krsna away to another place
- Ocean of nectar
- Of horses know Me to be Uccaihsrava, produced during the churning of the ocean for nectar. Of lordly elephants I am Airavata, and among men I am the monarch
- Offer the Govardhana stone eight kaudis worth of the first-class sweetmeats known as khaja and sandesa. If you offer them with faith and love, they will be just like nectar
- On the lower slopes of Mandara Mountain is a mango tree named Devacuta. It is 1,100 yojanas high. Mangoes as big as mountain peaks and as sweet as nectar fall from the top of this tree for the enjoyment of the denizens of heaven
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "Although the entire creation is full of different tastes because of Me, I am charmed by the nectarean taste of the lips of Srimati Radharani"
- One may ask why the Supreme Personality of Godhead could not detect Rahu. The reason is that the Lord wanted to show the effects of drinking nectar
- One particle of that transcendental, blissful nectar is the life and soul of the ear, which is like a cakora bird that lives in hope of tasting that nectar
- One should mold his life in such a way that he cannot live in peace without drinking the nectar of the glorification of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari. One can be thus elevated by being disgusted with the taste for sense enjoyment
- One who drinks the water of the Ganges attains salvation, so what to speak of one who drinks the nectar of Bhagavad-gita? Bhagavad-gita is the essential nectar of the Mahabharata, and it is spoken by Lord Krsna Himself, the original Visnu
- Our bodies have become black from the smoke, but we are factually pleased by the nectar of the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead, Govinda, which you are distributing
- Our ISKCON centers are meant to give relief to the dried up conditioned souls who are searching after the nectar of joyful life
- Over and above the other baths (that Radharani takes), the bath taken in the afternoon is taken in the nectar of full beauty. This nectar represents the personal qualities of beauty and luster. Thus there are three baths in different kinds of water
- Persons who, because of their serious attitude, attain the stage of enlightened devotional service achieve the complete meaning of renunciation and knowledge and attain the Vaikunthaloka in the spiritual sky simply by drinking the nectar of Your topics
- Pradyumna Misra said, "My dear Lord, You have made me extremely obliged to You because You have drowned me in a nectarean ocean of talks about Krsna"
- Pradyumna's attachment for Krsna was always exhibited by his action. Whenever he was ordered by his father to execute something, he would immediately execute the order, taking the task as nectarean even though it may have been poison
- Prahlada said, "If you are always engaged in chanting the glories of the Supreme Lord and always relishing the nectar of the lotus feet of the Lord, then there is no necessity for any of these"
- Raghunatha Bhatta was an expert cook. Whatever he prepared tasted just like nectar
- Ramananda Raya concluded, "The unfortunate empiric philosophers taste the dry process of philosophical knowledge, whereas the devotees regularly drink the nectar of love of Krsna. Therefore they are the most fortunate of all"
- Relish Bhagavatam, the mature fruit of the desire tree of Vedic literatures. It emanated from the lips of Sri Sukadeva. Therefore this fruit has become more tasteful, although its nectarean juice was already relishable for all, including liberated souls
- Rukmini continued, "What woman who has once heard of Your glories from authoritative sources and has somehow or other relished the nectarean fragrance of Your lotus feet would be foolish enough to agree to marry someone of this material world"
- Rupa prays to his spiritual master, Sanatana Gosvami, for the protection of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu - the Ocean of the Pure Nectar of Devotional Service - from the argumentative logicians who unnecessarily meddle in the science of service to the Lord
- Separation from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is like a drought, but when the Lord returns, His presence is like a nectarean rain that falls on all the grains and saves them from perishing
- She (Laksmana) was also forcibly married by Krsna, who took her in the same way that Garuda snatched the jar of nectar from the hands of the demigods. Krsna kidnapped this girl in the presence of many other princes in the assembly of her svayamvara
- Simply by considering these two verses one can understand what nectar there is in such dealings. It is exactly like freeing a mine of nectar
- Since I am very intelligent, why should I give this fool material prosperity? Instead I shall induce him to take the nectar of the shelter of My lotus feet and make him forget illusory material enjoyment
- Since I have become a madman, I am saying one thing instead of another. This is because I am being carried away by the waves of the nectarean ocean of Lord Krsna's transcendental sweetness
- Since Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu was the original trunk, the taste of the fruits that grew on the branches and subbranches surpassed the taste of nectar
- Sincerely extolled in these words, Lord Visnu, shining very beautifully on the shoulders of Garuda, replied with words as sweet as nectar. His eyebrows moved gracefully as He looked at the sage (Kardama Muni) with a smile full of affection
- Sir, You are making Jagadananda drink the nectar of affectionate relationships, whereas by offering me honorable prayers, You are making me drink the bitter juice of nimba and nisinda
- So the waters of the lakes and rivers of Vrndavana were in a happy mood, full of blooming lotus flowers, because the waters were thinking, "How is it that our son, the bamboo rod, is enjoying the nectar of Krsna's lips"
- Softness of the heart is compared with honey, with butter and with nectar. And the condition of the mind is compared with sunshine
- Sri Brahmaji is attempting to narrate the principal incarnations of the Lord so that they may be drunk by Narada as transcendental nectar
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu considered, "Where has such a taste in this prasadam come from? Certainly it is due to its having been touched by the nectar of Krsna's lips"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "These are remnants of food that Krsna has eaten and thus turned to nectar with His lips. It surpasses heavenly nectar, and even such demigods as Lord Brahma find it difficult to obtain"
- Sri Panca-tattva themselves danced again and again and thus made it easier to drink nectarean love of Godhead. They danced, cried, laughed and chanted like madmen, and in this way they distributed love of Godhead
- Sridhara Svami's commentary on the Srimad-Bhagavatam, "My dear Lord, some of the fortunate persons who are swimming in the ocean of Your nectar of devotion, and who are relishing the nectar of the narration of Your pastimes, certainly know ecstasies"
- Srila Ramananda Raya objected, "It is not alkali at all. It is a particle of camphor he has put into the nectar of his exalted poetic expression"
- Srila Ramananda Raya said, "This is not a poetic presentation; it is a continuous shower of nectar. Indeed, it is the essence of all ultimate realizations, appearing in the form of plays"
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is so carefully presented that a sincere and serious person can at once enjoy the ripened fruit of Vedic knowledge simply by drinking the nectarean juice through the mouth of Sukadeva Gosvami or his bona fide representative
- Srimati Radharani received from Durvasa Muni the benediction that whatever She cooked would be sweeter than nectar. That is the special feature of Her cooking
- Srimati Radharani takes Her first bath in the shower of the nectar of compassion, and She takes Her second bath in the nectar of youth
- Svarupa Damodara said, "You eat such nectar every day, but you never offer it to us. What is your character"
- Thank you for appreciating Sri Caitanya-caritamrta. There is no need to feel sad at the end of a chapter or a volume because there is always another chapter and another volume. There is no scarcity.You want more nectarine and the supply is also there
- That ocean is called the bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, the ocean of the pure nectar of devotional service, and one who is merged in that ocean is always rapt in transcendental pleasure on the waves and sounds of that ocean
- The activities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are just like an ocean of nectar. Even a drop of this ocean can inundate all the three worlds
- The brahmana priest said, "In the evening the Deity is offered sweet rice in twelve earthen pots. Because the taste is as good as nectar (amrta), it is named amrta-keli"
- The chanting of the holy name of Krsna expands the blissful ocean of transcendental life. It gives a cooling effect to everyone and enables one to taste full nectar at every step
- The chin of the Lord, tinged with buff color, conquered the beauty of the bandhuli flower. This increased the beauty of His mild smiling, which was like lustrous waves of nectar
- The citizens of Mathura City who saw Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, became very much pleased and began to look on His face with insatiable glances, as if they were drinking the nectar of heaven
- The dancing features of His face surpass all other full moons and expand the marketplace of full moons. Although priceless, the nectar of Krsna's face is distributed to everyone
- The demigods and demons churned the ocean of milk to get nectar from it, but the demons, not being devotees of the Lord, could derive no profit
- The demigods and demons coiled Vasuki around Mandara Mountain as a churning rope, and with great pleasure they endeavored to produce nectar by churning the ocean of milk
- The demigods and demons were churning the ocean of milk with the Mandara Mountain in order to extract nectar. The mountain moved back and forth, scratching the back of Lord Tortoise, who, while partially sleeping, was experiencing an itching sensation
- The demigods and demons worked almost madly for the nectar, encouraged by the Lord, who was above and below the mountain and who had entered the demigods, the demons, Vasuki and the mountain itself
- The denizens (of heaven) used to drink nectar to become immortal, but actually they were not confident of their immortality. On the other hand, the boys who were playing with Krsna had no fear of the demons. They were free of fear
- The devotees of Krishna are the most exalted persons on this planet, better than kings, all of them, so we should always remember that and, like the bumblebee, always look for the nectar or the best qualities of a person
- The devotees who have taken shelter of the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu take the responsibility for distributing nectarean devotional service all over the world. They are like clouds pouring water on the ground that nourishes the fruit of love
- The effect of taking up Krsna consciousness is just like that of drinking nectar: with or without one's knowledge, it will act. The active principle of Krsna consciousness will equally manifest itself everywhere
- The emotions created by this incident were sweeter than nectar turned into a palatable intoxicant, and the milk flowing out of their breasts was immediately drunk up by the children
- The entire world is suffering because of spiritual thirst. Every living being is Brahman, or spirit soul, and needs spiritual food to satisfy his hunger and thirst. Unfortunately, however, the world is completely unaware of the nectar of krsna-katha
- The exchange of spiritual happiness between Krsna and His devotee in which Krsna is controlled by His devotee is compared to an ocean of nectar into which the devotee and Krsna plunge
- The food prepared and offered to the Deity by Raghava Pandita was like the essence of nectar. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came there again and again to eat such prasadam
- The fruits had no seeds or skins. They were full of nectarean juice and were so sweet that a man would be fully satisfied by eating only one
- The fruits ripened and became sweet and nectarean. The gardener, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, distributed them without asking any price
- The gopis of Vrajabhumi always taste the nectar of Krsna's attributes, His beauty, His sweetness, His aroma, the sound of His flute and the touch of His body
- The gopis saw that the cows were hearing the sweet songs vibrated by Krsna's flute and were appearing to be drinking the nectar of these transcendental sounds. The calves were stunned, and they forgot to drink the milk from the milk bags
- The great mystic Maya Danava became aware that the calf and cow were drinking the nectar, and he could understand this to be the unseen power of providence. Thus he spoke to the demons, who were grievously lamenting
- The holy Lake Bindu-sarovara, flooded by the waters of the River Sarasvati, was resorted to by hosts of eminent sages. Its holy water was not only auspicious but as sweet as nectar
- The instructions given to King Rahugana by Jada Bharata are very valuable. They are like the medicine that can save one from a snakebite. The Vedic instructions are like nectar and cool water for one suffering from scorching heat
- The library party is doing very nicely. It is nectar to my ears to hear the list of schools which are taking our standing order
- The Lord is the object of maintenance, like a son, and therefore this mellow is full of the qualities of four rasas - santa-rasa, dasya-rasa, fraternity and parental love. This is more transcendental nectar
- The milk from the breasts of Devaki was transcendental nectar because the same milk had been sucked by Lord Krsna
- The moon-demigod presented King Prthu with horses made of nectar, and the demigod Visvakarma presented him with a very beautiful chariot
- The pastimes of Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu are the essence of nectar. From the stream of one of His pastimes flow hundreds and thousands of branches
- The pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are an ocean of nectar. Even a drop of this ocean can inundate the whole world with transcendental bliss
- The pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are full of nectar, and the pastimes of Lord Krsna are like camphor. When one mixes these, they taste very sweet
- The pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead are like sikharini, a blend of yogurt and sugar candy. They overpower the pride of even the nectar produced on the moon
- The pure devotees of the Lord, however, can equally relish the nectar in the form of the profound philosophical discourses and in the form of kissing by the Lord in the rasa dance, as there is no mundane distinction between the two
- The queens continued, "We must frankly admit that your voice is imbued with nectar, and it is so invigorating that it is competent to bring back life to those who are almost dead in separation from their dearmost friend"
- The same gopi said, "It sounds to them like the pouring of nectar, and they immediately spread their long ears just to catch the liquid nectar of the flute"
- The second bath is taken at noon in the water of tarunyamrta, or the nectar of youth. This is the actual expression of Her (Radharani's) new youthfulness
- The sight of all these symptoms attracted everyone's mind and consciousness. Indeed, the Lord sprinkled everyone's mind with the nectar of transcendental love of Godhead
- The sound of this material world and that of the spiritual world are completely different. The sound of the spiritual world is nectarean and eternal, whereas the sound of the material world is hackneyed and subject to end
- The students said, "Because of this fire the water of his life has almost dried away. Let us now pour the nectar of the holy name through his ears, and by doing so the swan of his life may again show signs of life"
- The touch of His body is cooler than millions and millions of moons together, and the nectar of His bodily fragrance overfloods the entire world
- The trees in Vrndavana are wish-fulfilling trees. The land is made of touchstone, and the water is nectar. Words are musical vibrations, and all movements are dancing
- The unlimited potencies of Krsna are just like an ocean of nectar. Since one cannot bathe within that ocean, I have only touched a drop of it
- The very topics of Krsna are so relishable that they appear to the devotees as nectar. Thus the devotees enjoy them. In discussing Krsna's opulences and His diverse energies, the pure devotees take transcendental pleasure
- The water in Vrndavana is nectar, and the brahmajyoti effulgence, which is full of transcendental bliss, is directly perceived there in its form
- The water is all nectar, the talking is singing, the walking is dancing, and the constant companion of Krsna is His flute. The effulgence of transcendental bliss is experienced everywhere. Therefore Vrndavana-dhama is the only relishable abode
- The words of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are a shower of nectar. Whatever He concludes to be the ultimate truth is indeed the summum bonum of all spiritual knowledge
- There is now a flood of the eternal nectar of love of Godhead due to the incarnation of Lord Caitanya. All living entities are floating in that flood. The entire world is now thankful to the Lord
- There was a soup made with fried urad dhal and mung dhal, defeating nectar. There were also sweet chutney and five or six kinds of sour preparations, beginning with badamla
- There was sukhta, bitter melon mixed with all kinds of vegetables, defying the taste of nectar. There were five types of bitter and pungent sukhtas
- There were varieties of cakes, sweet rice and fine cooked rice that surpassed the taste of nectar. There were also varieties of vegetables
- Thereafter, calling all the Vaisnavas, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu distributed maha-prasadam as if sprinkling nectar. At that time the mock fight between Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu became more and more delicious
- These lakes had bathing places constructed with jewels, and they were filled with blossoming lotus flowers. There were various birds chirping, and the water was exactly like nectar
- These tastes are like a combination of yogurt, sugar candy, ghee (clarified butter), black pepper and camphor and are as palatable as sweet nectar
- They (Kings and Princes) looked upon Him to their hearts' content, as if drinking nectar through their eyes, licking His body with their tongues, smelling the aroma of His body with their noses, and embracing Him with their arms
- They (Sons of Pandu) completely forgot themselves and became merged in the ocean of nectarean happiness
- They enjoyed celestial happiness, with open hearts full of love and affection for the Lord, and when they saw the face of the Lord, it seemed to them that they were drinking nectar through their eyes
- This Aghasura was so dangerous that even the denizens of heaven were afraid of him. Although the denizens of heaven drank nectar daily to prolong their lives, they were afraid of this Aghasura and were wondering, "When will the demon be killed?"
- Those who are chanting Hare Krsna maha-mantra without any offense, they are tasting spiritual nectarine
- Those who are pure devotees enjoy these narrations as nectar entering into their ears
- Those who drink through aural reception, fully filled with the nectarean message of Lord Krsna, the beloved of the devotees, purify the polluted aim of life known as material enjoyment and thus go back to Godhead, to the lotus feet of the Lord
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally praised the nectarean characteristics of Madhavendra Puri, and while He related all this to the devotees, He personally relished it
- Thus with two intentions the Lord appeared with His devotees and tasted the nectar of prema with the congregational chanting of the holy name
- To enunciate explicitly those transcendental pastimes, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu empowered Srila Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami with the nectar of His mercy to carry out this work in Vrndavana
- To inundate the three worlds with nectar is the purpose of the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- To inundate the three worlds with nectar is the purpose of the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. How this could be possible was exhibited by Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and later by Thakura Narottama dasa and Syamananda Gosvami
- To Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu the prasadam tasted millions upon millions of times better than nectar, and thus He was fully satisfied. The hair all over His body stood on end, and incessant tears flowed from His eyes
- Uddhava wrote a letter to Krsna and said, "My dear Supreme King of Vraja, You are the vision of nectar for the eyes, and without seeing Your lotus feet and the effulgence of Your body, my mind is always morose"
- Usa replied, "Aniruddha's arms are very long, & his general bodily features are so pleasing that any young girl would be attracted. I feel much pride in saying that this beautiful young man was kissing me, & I was enjoying the nectar of his kissing"
- Water flowed from His eyes and sometimes through His nostrils, and foam fell from His mouth. These flowings appeared to be torrents of nectar descending from the moon
- We offer our respectful obeisances unto that merciful S P of God who has converted all three worlds, which were maddened by ignorance, & saved them from their diseased condition by making them mad with the nectar from the treasure-house of love of God
- We Upanisads can also taste the nectar of His lotus feet by following in the footsteps of the gopis
- Welcoming him with sweet, nectarean words, He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) addressed Narada as bhagavan, or one who is self-sufficient, possessing all knowledge, renunciation, strength, fame, beauty and other, similar opulences
- What I have heard from Ramananda Raya is like a nectarean ocean of discourses about Krsna. Even the demigods, beginning with Lord Brahma, cannot understand all these topics
- What to speak of others, even Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, personally descends to taste the nectar of love of Godhead in the form of the chanting of Hare Krsna
- When He was talking, it was so nice and sweet to hear. When Mother Yasoda looked at His little ears and saw Him naked, trying to run very quickly with His little legs, she was merged into the ocean of nectar
- When Krsna speaks on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra, to the materialistic person it appears that this is simply talk between two friends, but actually it is a river of nectar flowing down from the mouth of Sri Krsna
- When Purvacitti spoke, nectar seemed to flow from her mouth. As she breathed, the bees, mad for the taste of her breath, tried to hover about her beautiful lotuslike eyes
- When somehow or other uttered even once by a living entity, the holy name awards him liberation. The holy name of Krsna is the highest nectar. It is my very life and my (Sanatana Gosvami's) only treasure
- When the higher standard of ecstatic love is mixed with the symptoms of sattvika and vyabhicari, the devotee relishes the transcendental bliss of loving Krsna in a variety of nectarean tastes
- When the nectar of Krsna's pastimes is sprinkled on Srimati Radharani, all Her friends, the gopis, immediately appreciate the pleasure a hundred times more than if they were sprinkled themselves. Actually this is not at all wonderful
- When the nectar of Krsna's pastimes is sprinkled on that creeper, the happiness derived by the twigs, flowers and leaves is ten million times greater than that derived by the creeper itself
- When the Vedic followers, the brahmanas, inspire rich men like kings and members of the wealthy mercantile community to give charity in the performance of great sacrifices, the distribution of such wealth is also nectarean
- When the Yamuna and the moonshine come in contact on the bank of the river, the water tastes just like nectar, and drinking it gives great satisfaction. It is as cooling as piles of snow
- When we take account of her (Rukmini's) beautiful face, it appears that the curling hair on her head, the beautiful earrings on her ears, her smiling mouth and her necklace of gold all combined to shower rains of nectar
- Whenever he would find something to be disapproved of by his father, he would immediately reject it as poison, even though it may have been nectarean
- Whereas I once associated with the disciples of logic, all nondevotees, I am now merged in the waves of the nectarean ocean of the association of devotees
- Wherever knowledge is available, we should take it. That is the real position of seeker of knowledge. Canakya Pandita says, "In the pot of poison, if there is little nectar in, take it"
- While returning to their homes, they (the brahmanas, kings, sages and demigods) talked of the dealings of Yudhisthira & even after continuous talk of his greatness they were not satiated, just as one may drink nectar over & over again & never be satisfied
- While Rukmini was being given in charity to Sisupala, Krsna snatched her from the marriage arena exactly as Garuda snatched a pot of nectar from the demigods
- Yasoda's friend said, "In the same way, if she is allowed to stay in the ocean of nectar, but is not allowed to see the lotus face of Your Grace, then even this ocean of nectar will appear to her as an ocean of arsenic poison"
- Yes, you are correct to say that "It is all nectar," everything having relation with Krishna or Lord Chaitanya is nectarine and our literatures in our line of Vaisnava acharyas is so nice that there is no comparison anywhere in the world for it
- Yet this flute is always drinking the nectar of Krsna's lips, which surpasses nectarean sweetness of every description. Only by hoping for that nectar do the gopis continue to live
- You consider your body dangerous and awful, but I think that your body is like nectar
- You offer such nectarean rice to Krsna. Who can estimate the limit of your fortune
- Your exalted poetic descriptions of the mellows of Lord Krsna's pastimes are like an ocean of nectar. But why have you put in a false prayer about Me? It is like a drop of detestable alkali
- Yudhisthira said, "This nectar coming from the mouth of a devotee is so powerful that if one is fortunate enough to have the opportunity to drink it, he is immediately freed from the continuous journey of birth and death"