Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
neck | necked | necks | necktie
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Neck"
The following 91 pages are in this category, out of 91 total.
- A golden streak on His chest, the famous Kaustubha gem suspended from His neck, He stood in the air with His lotus feet placed on the shoulders of Garuda
- A yogi is advised to meditate on the form of Lord Visnu from point to point, from the ankles to the legs to the knees to the thighs to the chest to the neck, and in this way gradually up to the face and then to the ornaments
- After eating the food, the Lord says, 'Today Mother has fed Me up to My neck'
- After this incident, Satrajit's younger brother, in order to display the opulence of the family, took the jewel, put it on his neck and rode on horseback into the forest, making a show of his material opulence
- All the horses fell, their necks severed, and the chariots fell also, along with their flags and the fighters and drivers on the chariots. Almost all the infantry soldiers fell on the field of battle, their heads, hands and legs cut off
- All those cows were fully decorated with nice dress and ornaments. The special feature of these cows was that they had golden ankle bells and flower garlands on their necks
- Around the neck of the Personality of Godhead hung a flower garland that reached to His knees. His eight stout and elongated arms were decorated with that garland, which challenged the beauty of the goddess of fortune
- As if in defamation, the poison born from the ocean of milk manifested its potency by marking Lord Siva's neck with a bluish line
- As soon as the demons see a Vaisnava dressed in saffron garments with beads on his neck and tilaka on his forehead, they are immediately irritated. They criticize the Vaisnavas by sarcastically saying Hare Krsna, and some people also chant sincerely
- As soon as this happened, the Vaisnavas standing there all loudly chanted, "Haribol!" and the priest, Gosani dasa, brought me the garland and put it around my neck
- At night He talked incoherently in grief with His arms around Svarupa Damodara's neck. He spoke out His heart in ecstatic inspiration
- At that time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down with His personal associates and had every one of them fed very sumptuously until they were filled to the necks
- Baby Krsna made Himself heavy & began to weigh down the demon, catching hold of his neck. Trnavarta felt the baby to be as heavy as a big mountain, & he tried to get out of His clutches, but he was unable to, and his eyes popped out from their sockets
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura indicates that there is another Vaisnava, a pseudo Vaisnava with tilaka on his nose and kanthi beads around his neck. Such a pseudo Vaisnava associates with money and women and is jealous of successful Vaisnavas
- Brahma tells Narada, "My dear Narada, anyone who puts on his neck the flower garland which was formerly used by Krsna becomes relieved from all disease and reactions to sinful activities, and gradually he gets liberated from the contamination of matter"
- Each of His arms and legs had become three cubits long; only skin connected the separated joints. The Lord's body temperature, indicating life, was very low. All the joints in His arms, legs, neck and waist were separated by at least six inches
- Everyone was filled up to the neck because Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu kept telling the distributors, "Give them more! Give them more"
- Gopinatha Pattanayaka said, 'My horses never turn their necks or look upward. Therefore the price for them should not be reduced'
- Grasping the necks of Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, He cried, "Alas, where is My Lord Hari? Where is Hari?" Finally He became restless and lost all patience
- He (Krsna) addressed Pradyumna thus, "My dear boy, just give up your inferiority complex, and do not hang your neck"
- He (Sridama) would carry a buffalo horn, and his turban was of reddish, copper color. His bodily complexion was blackish, and around his neck there was a nice garland. He would always challenge Krsna in joking friendship
- He (Ujjvala ) likes to decorate himself with all kinds of flowers, his bodily hue is almost like Krsna's, and on his neck there is always a necklace of pearls
- He wore golden earrings on His ears, and golden armlets and bangles. He wore tinkling anklets on His feet and a garland of flowers around His neck
- Her (Mohini-murti's) attractively constructed neck was decorated with a necklace and other ornaments, Her arms were decorated with bangles, Her body was covered with a clean sari, and Her breasts seemed like islands in an ocean of beauty
- Her (Rukmini) high hips were decorated with a jeweled lace girdle, and a locket of great effulgence hung on her neck
- His (King Nrga's), complexion glittered like molten gold, he was decorated with fine garments, and he wore costly ornaments around his neck
- His (Maha-Visnu) neck was decorated with the Kaustubha jewel, and His chest was marked with the symbol of Srivatsa, which means “the resting place of the goddess of fortune.”
- His necks were bluish, as were His tongues. Thus Arjuna saw the Sesa Naga form, and he also saw that on the very soft, white body of Sesa Naga, Lord Maha-Visnu was lying very comfortably
- I gave up Your company, but You did not give me up. By Your rope of mercy You have bound me by the neck and brought me back again to Your lotus feet
- I have no objection if members of the Society dress like nice American gentlemen; but in all circumstances a devotee cannot avoid tilak, flag on head, & beads on neck. These are essential features of a Vaisnava
- In great humility, both brothers took bunches of straw between their teeth and, each binding a cloth around his neck, fell down like rods before the Lord
- In the ears of the gopis were brilliantly polished jeweled earrings, and from their necks hung metal lockets. Their hands were decorated with bangles, their dresses were of varied colors, and from their hair, flowers fell onto the street like showers
- Krsna quarreled with Radharani, & all the gopis hid themselves in a cluster of white lotus flowers. They submerged their bodies up to their necks in the water. Only their faces floated above the surface, & the faces were indistinguishable from the lotuses
- Krsna saw that Paundraka carried an imitation Sarnga bow, and on his chest was a mock insignia of Srivatsa. His neck was decorated with a false Kaustubha jewel, and he wore a flower garland in exact imitation of Lord Vasudeva's
- On the upper chin of the sisumara is Agasti; on its lower chin, Yamaraja; on its mouth, Mars; on its genitals, Saturn; on the back of its neck, Jupiter; on its chest, the sun; and within the core of its heart, Narayana
- One cowherd boy said, "Although He (Krsna) was taken very high in the sky, He simply hung on the neck of the demon and forced him to fall from the sky and immediately die"
- One has to rise early in the morning and travel in that car at breakneck speed. There is always the danger of an accident, and one has to take great care. In his automobile, the living entity is full of anxieties, and his struggle is not at all auspicious
- One should hold one's body, neck and head erect in a straight line and stare steadily at the tip of the nose. Thus, with an unagitated, subdued mind, devoid of fear, completely free from sex life, one should meditate upon Me (Lord Krsna)
- Padma Purana said, "And when they (people lower than sudra) are properly dressed, with tilaka on their bodies and beads in their hands and on their necks, they appear to be coming from Vaikuntha"
- Persons on whose neck and breast there are tulasi beads, are never approached by the Yama-dutas
- Persons who put tulasi beads on the neck, who mark twelve places of their body as Visnu temples with Visnu's symbolic representations
- Scientists conditioned by the spell of material nature suppose that material energy acts automatically, and therefore they are frustrated, like an illusioned person who tries to get milk from the nipplelike bunches of skin on the neck of a goat
- Sri Advaita Prabhu would also place a flower garland around the Lord's neck and tulasi flowers (manjaris) on His head. Then, with folded hands, Advaita Acarya would offer obeisances and prayers unto the Lord
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu concluded, "Come again to Nilacala (Jagannatha Puri)." After saying this, the Lord put His own neck beads on Raghunatha Bhatta's neck
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke like a madman, holding Ramananda Raya by the neck, and He questioned Svarupa Damodara, thinking him to be His gopi friend
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then embraced Srivasa Pandita and, with His arm about his neck, began to speak to him in sweet words
- Subala's body is described as follows. His complexion is just like molten gold. He is very, very dear to Krsna. He always has a garland around his neck, and he wears yellow clothing
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami caught the Gaudiya Vaisnava by the neck and, giving him a little push, ejected him from the Gundica Puri temple and made him stay outside
- That night, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was attended by Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and Ramananda Raya. Keeping His hands around their necks, the Lord began to lament
- That prince had a personal idiosyncrasy of turning his neck and facing the sky, looking here and there again and again
- The arms, thighs, necks and legs of the soldiers were severed, and their flags, bows, armor and ornaments were torn apart
- The beauty of the neck of the Lord enhances the beauty of the Kaustubha gem rather than vice versa
- The beauty of the neck of the Lord enhances the beauty of the Kaustubha gem rather than vice versa. The gem itself becomes more beautiful because it is situated on the neck of the Lord
- The entire body of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, is decorated. He wears a valuable jeweled helmet, necklaces and bracelets, His neck is adorned with the Kaustubha jewel, and He is dressed in yellow silk garments
- The irises of His (Lord Rsabhadeva's) eyes were so pleasing that they removed all the troubles of everyone who saw Him. His forehead, ears, neck, nose and all His other features were very beautiful
- The living entity is bound around the neck by the chain of maya because he has forgotten that he is eternally a servant of Krsna
- The Lord is bedecked with flower garlands, His neck is decorated with the Kaustubha gem, and He carries with Him the goddess of fortune and His personal weapons, like His disc and club
- The Lord then clasped the necks of the deer and began to cry. There was jubilation manifest in the bodies of the deer, and tears were in their eyes
- The necks of the gopis became tinted with red due to their desire to enjoy Krsna more and more. To satisfy them, Krsna began to clap His hands in time with their singing
- The Supreme Lord keeps on His neck those living entities who are pure, as one protects the jewels and pearls on the bosom and neck of one's body. Those living entities in pure Krsna consciousness are symbolized by the pearls on His neck
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead wears around His neck a garland of attractive sylvan flowers, and a swarm of bees, intoxicated by its delicious fragrance, hums about the garland
- The two brothers, Sakara Mallika & Dabira Khasa, very humbly submitted that due to their abominable activities they were now bound by the neck & hands & had been thrown into a ditch filled with abominable, stoollike objects of material sense enjoyment
- The two doormen were garlanded with fresh flowers which attracted intoxicated bees and which were placed around their necks and between their four blue arms
- Their (the cowherd women's) ears were decorated with pearl rings, their necks were decorated with jeweled lockets, their lips and eyes were decorated with different kinds of lipstick and ointment, and their hands were decorated with nice golden bangles
- Then a brahmana brought a flower garland, placed the garland on Nityananda Prabhu's neck and smeared sandalwood pulp all over His body
- Therefore Lord Krsna is the original cause of the cosmic manifestation. Prakrti is like the nipples on the neck of a goat, for they cannot give any milk
- These two verses composed by Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya will always declare his name and fame as loudly as a pounding drum, for they have become pearl necklaces around the necks of all devotees
- This material consciousness is like a chain around the neck of the conditioned soul. As long as he is bound to that conception, he cannot get out of maya’s clutches
- Upon receiving these two uncommon items, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was extremely happy. While chanting, He would put the garland around His neck
- Upon seeing this (bluish line on Siva's neck disappearing), Gauri, the wife of Lord Siva, suspected Lord Siva of being someone else disguised as her husband, and out of fear she immediately left his company
- We should not expect milk from the fleshy bags on the neck of a goat, although they look like breastly nipples. Similarly, we should not expect any creative power from the material ingredients; we must believe in the power of the purusa
- What is the value of your independence? Can you avoid death? Suppose you are independent. What is the meaning of this independence? When death will come, will catch you by your neck and throw you away, your independence
- When I prayed to the Lord for permission, a garland from His neck immediately slipped down
- When Lord Sri Krsna was dancing with the gopis in the rasa-lila, the gopis were embraced around the neck by the Lord’s arms. This transcendental favor was never bestowed upon the goddess of fortune or the other consorts in the spiritual world
- When Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami was absorbed in remembrance of Lord Krsna, he would take the tulasi garland and the prasadam of Lord Jagannatha given to him by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, bind them together and wear them on his neck
- When Satrajit wore this jewel in a locket around his neck, he appeared exactly like an imitation sun-god. Putting on this jewel, he entered the city of Dvaraka, and people thought that the sun-god had come into the city to see Krsna
- When the great sage Narada was chanting the glories of the Lord, the bluish line on the neck of Lord Siva disappeared
- When the Lord saw the bluish necks of the peacocks, His remembrance of Krsna immediately awakened, and He fell to the ground in ecstatic love
- With the exception of devotional service, all the methods of self-realization are like the nipples on the neck of a goat. Therefore an intelligent person adopts only devotional service, giving up all other processes of self-realization
- Within its life air (of the sisumara), which is known as pranapana, is Mercury, on its neck is Rahu, all over its body are comets, and in its pores are the numerous stars