moment | momentarily | momentary | moments | moment's
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Caitanya's Moments (6 P)
- ► Every Moment (4 C, 101 P)
- ► For a Moment (1 C, 65 P)
- ► God's Moments (2 P)
- ► Krsna's Moments (1 C, 31 P)
- ► Moment of Death (8 P)
- ► Single Moment (1 C, 27 P)
Pages in category "Moment"
The following 205 pages are in this category, out of 205 total.
- A body is given to us by the superior power, and the duration of life is also fixed up. Even the greatest scientist, he cannot increase a moment's time for his life
- A child is born. There will be some puja, patha, and then there will be horoscope made immediately, in what moment this child is born, what will be his feature. All the brahmanas made immediately horoscope
- A hog's life is degraded in its standard of happiness, which entails living in a filthy place, engaging in sex enjoyment at every opportune moment, and laboring hard in a struggle for existence, but this is unknown to the hog
- A moment passed in the association of a pure devotee by hearing and chanting the transcendental messages of the Lord is a perfect guarantee for eternal life, for returning home, back to Godhead
- A pure devotee considers a moment's association with another pure devotee to be far superior to residing in a heavenly planet or merging in the Brahman effulgence
- According to Jyotir-vedic astrology, when the relationship between the planets and the rulers of these six divisions (sad-varga) is determined, the auspiciousness of the moment of birth can be calculated
- According to the astrological conclusion, besides the proper situation of the stars, there are auspicious and inauspicious moments due to the different situations of the different planetary systems
- According to the Jyotir-veda, or Vedic astrology, the auspicious birth moment is described as follows
- After coming back to his hermitage, Kardama divided himself into nine personalities just to give pleasure to Devahuti, the daughter of Manu, who was eager for sex life. In that way he enjoyed with her for many, many years, which passed just like a moment
- After discussing with Vidura the transcendental name, fame, qualities, etc., on the bank of the Yamuna, Uddhava was overwhelmed with great affliction. He passed the night as if it were a moment, and thereafter he went away
- After forty years, one simply leads a disillusioned life because he has no spiritual knowledge. For such a person, the expiration of youth occurs in half a moment
- After one moment of Brahma's calculation, he came back to see the fun caused by his stealing the boys & calves. But he was also afraid that he was playing with fire. Krsna was his master, & he had played mischief for fun by taking away His calves & boys
- All electrical energies are received from the powerhouse, and as soon as the powerhouse stops supplying energy, the bulbs are of no use. In a moment's time such energies can be generated or withdrawn by the supreme will of the Lord
- All of them (the great sages) consulted among themselves about the great departure of the great King (Maharaja Pariksit), and they wanted to see him up to the last moment because they would no more be able to see such a great devotee of the Lord
- Although for the moment he (Akrura) was bewildered, he retained his clear consciousness and bowed down his head before the Lord. With folded hands and faltering voice, he began to offer prayers to the Lord
- As the Lord is rarely to be seen by our present eyes, so also are the great devotees. The great rsis, therefore, correctly decided to remain on the spot till the last moment
- As the monkey is ultimately captured by the hunter and is unable to get out of captivity, the conditioned soul, being captivated by momentary sex pleasure, becomes attached to different types of bodies and is encaged in family life
- As they (Krsna and the cowherd boys) approached the village, all the gopis became very joyous. Throughout the day the gopis used to think of Krsna while He was in the forest, and in His absence they were considering one moment to be like twelve years
- At a particular moment when the child has to be removed from that place, he is also carried by the will of the Supreme, even if the child or the father does not wish to be separated from the happy relation
- At that moment there appeared the powerful son of Vyasadeva, who traveled over the earth disinterested and satisfied with himself
- At that very moment (Hiranyaksa's last moment), a shudder suddenly ran through the heart of Diti, the mother of Hiranyaksa. She recalled the words of her husband, Kasyapa, and blood flowed from her breasts
- At that very moment, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, after visiting the temple of Jagannatha to see the offering of upala-bhoga (morning refreshments), came with His other devotees to see Haridasa Thakura
- At that very moment, the Lord, who is called Padmanabha because of the lotus grown from His navel and who is the delight of the righteous, learned about the insult offered by His own servants to the saints
- At the very moment the messenger of the imprisoned kings was presenting their appeal before the Lord (Krsna), the great sage Narada arrived
- At Vrndavana, the Lord immediately created all material and spiritual planets in one moment. Indeed, all of them were created with their predominating deities
- Better to live for a moment with full consciousness of the supreme interest to be fulfilled. The supreme interest of life is eternal, with full knowledge and bliss
- Bhismadeva was always a sincerely sympathetic well-wisher, grandfather, friend and philosopher to Maharaja Yudhisthira, even up to the last moment of his life
- Bitten again and again all over the body by the hungry worms in the abdomen itself, the child suffers terrible agony because of his tenderness. He thus becomes unconscious moment after moment because of the terrible condition
- By the order of Brahmaji, Sri Ganesaji took up the charge of noting down the dictation on the condition that Vyasadeva would not stop dictation for a moment. The Mahabharata was thus compiled by the joint endeavor of Vyasa and Ganesa
- Canakya Pandita says that even a slight fraction of time cannot be purchased with millions of dollars, and therefore even a moment of time lost without profit must be calculated as the greatest loss in life
- Chant 16 rounds daily, attend mangala arati and classes, etc. and you will be very happily engaged in the service of the Supreme Lord, Sri Krishna. Never let a moment go by without engaging in at least one of the nine devotional processes
- Dear Lord, by virtue of a moment's association with Lord Siva, who's very dear to You and who is Your most intimate friend, we were fortunate to attain You. You're the most expert physician, capable of treating the incurable disease of material existence
- Devotional service to the Lord never goes in vain. Just at the right moment, the result of one's particular devotional service will come, even if one has no desire for it
- Do not waste even a moment of this rare opportunity of human form of life. Chant Hare Krsna, be always finding out some engagement in the service of the Lord, and be happy
- During all the days Pariksit Maharaj heard Bhagavatam, he did not take food or drink, nor did he sleep a moment. So everything about him is wonderful, and his activities are worth hearing attentively. Desire is expressed herein to hear about him in detail
- During the auspicious birth moment of Caitanya Mahaprabhu: The moon was in Leo (the figure of the lion in the zodiac), Leo was the ascendant, several planets were strongly positioned, and the sad-varga and asta-varga showed all-auspicious influence
- Endless waves arise moment after moment in that ocean of love. How could an insignificant living entity estimate their limits
- Even a moment's association with a pure devotee cannot be compared to being transferred to heavenly planets or even merging into the Brahman effulgence in complete liberation
- Family life affords the conditioned soul a festival of momentary sex pleasure, and thus he is completely unable to get out of the material clutches
- First of all this boar was seen no bigger than the tip of a thumb, and within a moment He was as large as a stone. My mind is perturbed. Is He the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu?
- For them (the mixed devotees) the opportune moments (to quit this body) are stated in the Bhagavad-gita
- From that moment when the Mayavadi sannyasis heard the explanation of the Vedanta-sutra from the Lord, their minds changed, and on the instruction of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, they too chanted "Krsna! Krsna!" always
- From the very day or moment he fully surrenders to Sri Krsna, even the most sinful person is freed
- Gopis lament: "My dear Krsna, during the daytime when You go out into the forest of Vrndavana with Your cows, we consider one moment to be twelve years, and it is very difficult for us to pass the time"
- Gopis' love for Krsna was so great and ecstatic that they were disturbed by even His momentary absence. And when they saw Krsna, they were also disturbed. This is a paradox
- Having enjoyed sense gratification for many, many years, O King Pariksit, Yayati was accustomed to it, but he gave it up entirely in a moment, just as a bird flies away from the nest as soon as its wings have grown
- He (Arjuna) was afflicted with the thought of getting Subhadra and had not a moment’s peace of mind
- He (Bhismadeva) was just waiting for the suitable moment to quit his material body, and the golden opportunity arrived when he was instructing his noble grandsons, the Pandavas
- He (Bhismadeva) was simply waiting for the opportune moment because he was sure and certain that the sons of Pandu would come out victorious in the Battlefield of Kuruksetra, as His Lordship Sri Krsna was their protector
- He (Brahma) was really anxious, so he did not stay away very long; he came back after a moment (of his calculation). He saw that all the boys and calves were playing with Krsna in the same way as when he had come upon them
- He (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) said that even by a moments association with a pure devotee, one can achieve all perfection. We are not ashamed to admit that this fact was experienced in our practical life
- He (Dhrtarastra) was no longer attracted to so-called wife or relatives, and he decided to start alone, but as a chaste lady Gandhari decided to follow her husband till the last moment
- He (Maharaja Khatvanga) was not as anxious to accumulate some material benediction from the demigods as he was to prepare himself for the next life. He was informed by the demigods, however, that his life would last only a moment longer
- He (Trnavarta) picked the child up on his shoulders and raised a great dust storm all over Vrndavana, covering everyone's eyes. Within a few moments the whole area of Vrndavana became so densely dark that no one could see himself or anyone else
- He chants the Hare Krsna maha-mantra all day and night. He never gives up the shelter of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, not even for a moment
- Her (Radharani) face is always wet now, and therefore there is no chance of Her sleeping even for a moment
- However, when the inner controller, the deity presiding over consciousness, entered the heart with reason, at that very moment the Cosmic Being arose from the causal waters
- I (Arjuna) have just lost Him (Krsna) whose separation for a moment would render all the universes unfavorable and void, like bodies without life
- I am getting old day by day, and I do not know when the last moment will come, but before the last moment will come, I wanted to fulfill my desire in the matter of developing the establishment of Sri Sri Radha-Damodara Temple
- I am very much perturbed reading the contending points with Brahmananda. So I am enquiring in this matter. In the meantime, don't be agitated. Sometimes such moments come, but we have to tolerate. That is the instruction of Lord Chaitanya
- I had also very much affection for Amrtananda, but if, as you report, there was some connection with Krishna at the last moment, then we have not to doubt that he will get good opportunity to advance further in Krishna Consciousness
- If I do not think of Krsna, My impoverished mind will die within a moment like a fish out of water. But when I see Krsna's sweetly smiling face, My mind and eyes are so pleased that My desire for Him redoubles
- If one falls down, his progress might be checked for a certain time, but it will again become manifest at an opportune moment
- If one moment you are willing and the next moment there is some small disagreement and immediately you all go away, how can I be calm in my mind?
- If they see us on television show then the next moment they will forget. But if they come to a festival and participate that is eternal benefit
- If we are not fully engaged then the mind is free to do its fickle business of rejection and acceptance for sense gratification. Maya will immediately enter - we do not even have to call her - the moment we are not absorbed in Krsna's devotional service
- If you allow me to construct the temple on this spot, I can take up the work immediately without a moment's delay. Later on when the construction is completed the cost may be exchanged by giving me a land suitable for constructing a Varnashram college
- If you surrender to Krsna, from that moment you become free from all anxieties; therefore Krsna's name is Vaikuntha
- In a moment the car reached the door of the Gundica temple. Upon seeing the uncommon strength of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all the people were struck with wonder
- In a moment, after you had wiped your eyes, you saw that the plate you had offered Me was empty. Then you thought, I dreamt as if Nimai were eating everything
- In a suitable moment you can talk with Mr. Kallman that Swamiji was telling that he has not received any royalty of 5%. The agreement is there; so he must pay. But if he does not pay we don't mind; we shall issue our own records and try to sell
- In India, from the very moment we stepped down from the airplane, there is good propaganda work going on. We are following the same principles as in the U.S.A. by sending Sankirtana Party and it appears to be very successful
- In other words, devotees who are constantly thinking of the lotus feet of Krsna, even if they are momentarily inattentive, will see the figure of Lord Krsna appearing within their hearts
- In other words, she (Rukmini) displayed her real position as a woman. She was happy to get Krsna as her husband at the moment when her marriage to another was to be performed
- In other words, the gopis were disturbed by the blinking of their eyes because for the moment that their eyes were closed they could not see Krsna
- In that supreme abode of Krsna are surabhi cows who overflood the land with milk. Since not even a moment there is misused, there is no past, present or future
- In the absence of Lord Krsna, all of them, at a moment's notice, have become null and void. It is exactly like offering clarified butter on ashes, accumulating money with a magic wand or sowing seeds on barren land
- In the momentous hour of leaving his material body, Bhismadeva set the glorious example concerning the important function of the human form of life
- In the next day's fighting Bhismadeva fought so violently that both Arjuna and Krsna were in trouble. Arjuna was almost defeated; the situation was so tense that he was about to be killed by Bhismadeva the very next moment
- In this way his (an unalloyed devotee's) whole life is engaged in the service of the Lord, with not a moment wasted on any other engagement
- Indra said, "I have thousands of eyes, but they have proved to be useless because not even for a moment are they able to see the lotus feet of the Lord"
- It is a fact that the material world is a great illusion because everything appears to be a tangible reality but at the next moment evaporates like the dashing foam of the sea or a cloud in the sky
- It is good to be prepared with a well-thought lecture in advance. However, we must be able to preach effectively at a moment's notice or under any conditions or circumstances also
- It is our duty to see that not a moment of our life is wasted in topics which are not related with Lord Krsna. Any topic, however pleasant, is not worth hearing if it is devoid of its relation to Krsna
- It is stated, "If a person stays in the Lord's temple even for a few moments, he can surely achieve the transcendental kingdom of God"
- It was a momentous hour for the Thakura (Bilvamangala), and he took a turn towards spiritual realization by the words of a prostitute (Cintamani)
- Just as Lord Sri Krsna formerly performed the rasa-lila dance and other pastimes at Vrndavana, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed uncommon pastimes moment after moment
- Just to teach us, Marshal Arjuna tried to understand the philosophy of Bhagavad-gita at a time when a moment was virtually impossible to spare. All this he did for the sake of people like us, and he fought the battle with full vigor
- Kamsa began to think in perplexity, "Shall I go immediately and surrender unto Him? But how can a great warrior do this?" The next moment he thought, "Why should I be afraid of Him? There are still so many wrestlers standing to support me"
- Kamsa once said, "What harm can this boy (Krsna) do to me? He has no power." The next moment Kamsa was informed that all of his friends had been killed by the boy
- King Puranjana, with his heart full of lust and sinful reactions, began to enjoy sex with his wife, and in this way his new life and youth expired in half a moment
- Krsna continued, "My dear friends, do not think for a moment that I have been dealing with you (the gopis) as I do with ordinary devotees. I know what you are"
- Krsna is the assurance of safety to everyone. But when He saw that His friends were already out of His hands and were lying within the belly of a great serpent, He became momentarily aggrieved
- Krsna said, "As they were washing My cheeks, My dear elder brother, for at least one moment I completely lost Myself"
- Laksmana said, "Expecting opposition from the princes, He armored Himself and took up His bow, named Sarnga, and then our celebrated driver, Daruka, drove the beautiful chariot, without a moment’s delay, toward the city of Dvaraka"
- Laksmana said, "Victory of Lord Krsna was accomplished at noon, during the moment called abhijit, which is astronomically calculated as auspicious"
- Lord Brahma, a human being and an ant all live for one hundred years, but their lifetimes of one hundred years are different from one another. This world is a relative world, and its relative moments of time are different
- Lord Caitanya also confirmed this. Lava-matra sadhu-sange sarva-siddhi haya: simply by a moment's association with a sadhu, one can attain perfection
- Maharaja Pariksit or even the Personality of Godhead appear in certain constellations of good stars, and thus the influence is exerted upon the body thus born at an auspicious moment
- Maharaja Pariksit was not only a great ksatriya emperor, but also a great devotee of the Lord. Thus he cannot take his birth at any inauspicious moment
- May my (Bhismadeva) Lord, who is four-handed and whose beautifully decorated lotus face, with eyes as red as the rising sun, is smiling, kindly await me at that moment when I quit this material body
- My dear King Pracinabarhisat, in this way King Puranjana, with his heart full of lust and sinful reactions, began to enjoy sex with his wife, and in this way his new life and youth expired in half a moment
- My dear King, in his orbit through Bhu-mandala, the sun-god traverses a distance of 95,100,000 yojanas (760,800,000 miles) at the speed of 2,000 yojanas and two krosas (16,004 miles) in a moment
- My dear Sanatana, "if I could attain Krsna by committing suicide, I would certainly give up millions of bodies without a moment's hesitation"
- My Lord Govinda, because of separation from You, I consider even a moment a great millennium. Tears flow from My eyes like torrents of rain, and I see the entire world as void
- Nilambara Cakravarti (the grandfather of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu) then did an astrological calculation and said that in that very month, taking advantage of an auspicious moment, the child would take birth
- No one can enhance the short period of life even by a fraction of a moment
- Nobody's married timely, either boys or girls. And nobody's secure. Nobody knows what will happen next moment. This is called Kali-yuga
- Not a moment should be lost. Every moment should be utilized for Krsna or connected with Him
- Not a single living entity can remain unengaged even for a moment. One must act by his natural tendency according to the three modes of material nature because this natural tendency forcibly makes him work in a particular way
- O brahmana, let Me now advise you for your own protection. Please hear from Me. By offending Maharaja Ambarisa, you have acted with self-envy. Therefore you should go to him immediately, without a moment's delay
- O descendant of Bhrgu (Saunaka), after performing funeral rituals for the dead body of Bhismadeva, Maharaja Yudhisthira was momentarily overtaken with grief
- O devotees! O you who are free from all sins! Let me inquire from you about that which is supremely auspicious for all living entities. Pure devotee's association for even half a moment in this material world is the greatest treasure for human society
- O insignificant demigods, if you truly have faith in your heroism, if you have patience in the cores of your hearts and if you are not ambitious for sense gratification, please stand before me for a moment
- O King Prthu, son of Vena, you are the part-and-parcel expansion of Lord Visnu. Due to the mischievous activities of King Vena, religious principles were almost lost. At that opportune moment you descended as the incarnation of Lord Visnu
- O Providence, you are so unkind! You reveal the beautiful face of Krsna and make the mind and eyes greedy, but after they have drunk that nectar for only a moment, you whisk Krsna away to another place
- On the day of Sravana-dvadasi (the twelfth day of the bright fortnight in the month of Bhadra), when the moon came into the lunar mansion Sravana, at the auspicious moment of Abhijit, the Lord appeared in this universe
- On the strength of astrological calculations from the hora scriptures, Nilambara Cakravarti, the grandfather of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, had ascertained the auspicious moment when the Lord would appear
- On the very moment I received your letter there was another letter from Jaya Govinda, and I had been very much shocked by this letter. But at the same time, when I read your letter it counter-acted this shock. So I thank you again for this letter
- One big man came. So I talked about first-class men, and he admitted. So he said at the last moment, "Now let me go and engage myself in fourth-class activities." So everyone is engaged in fourth-class activities, and we are trying to make first-class men
- One can imagine the swiftness of the spiritual form by comparing it to the speed of the mind. In less than even a moment, a perfect devotee can return home, back to Godhead, immediately after giving up his material body
- One may estimate the qualities of the Lord at one moment, but the next moment the qualities have increased; so it is not possible to make an estimation of the qualities of the Lord. He is therefore called nirguna, one whose qualities cannot be estimated
- One should not simply remain at home until the time of death, but should separate from family life at a timely moment and prepare himself to go back to Godhead
- One who listens to it (narration of Lord Varaha Killing Hiranaksya) at the last moment of his life is transferred to the supreme abode of the Lord, O dear Saunaka
- Only persons deprived of their intelligence by the spell of the deluding energy will worship those feet with a view to attain the trivial and momentary pleasures of the senses, which even persons rotting in hell can attain
- Out of madness they (the people of Kali-yuga) frankly say that there is no need for self-realization because they do not realize that this brief life is but a moment on our great journey towards self-realization
- Over and over again Vasudeva glanced at his child, and he considered how to celebrate this auspicious moment: “Generally, when a male child is born,” he thought, “people observe the occasion with jubilant celebrations
- Pariksit said, "I only request that at the last moment of my life all of you will kindly chant the holy name of Visnu, so that I may realize His transcendental qualities"
- People say advanced age. No. Advanced in death, not advanced in age. So this is asat. It will not stay. It has begun to die from the very moment of his birth
- Please see that the unpacked Deities are packed and boxed very securely, as are the others. Please give Jayapataka Maharaja the shipping documents for the Boston and L.A. shipments and tell him to momentarily not try to clear the books on his own
- Radharani said, "If by chance such a moment comes when I can once again see Krsna, then I shall worship those seconds, moments and hours with flower garlands and pulp of sandalwood and decorate them with all kinds of jewels and ornaments"
- Regarding children, when you are married you will have children undoubtedly, but you should wait for the opportune moment when Krishna will bestow upon you all good fortune. Our line of action is enthusiasm and patience
- Rukmini continued, "My Lord, the great time factor acts under Your direction only. The time factor is so great and powerful that within moments it can effect devastation anywhere within the creation"
- Rukmini continued, "The material mode of passion is also Your (Krsna) creation, so when You passionately glance upon me, I accept it as the greatest boon of my life. I am ambitious only for such auspicious moments"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya continued, "I shall submit your petition when there is an opportune moment. It will then be easy for you to come and meet the Lord"
- Saying this, Advaita Prabhu dances and loudly sings. Then at the next moment He quietly sits down
- Sex desire expands to various political, social, altruistic, philanthropic & many other unwanted engagements, resembling the foam of the sea waves, which becomes very prominent at one time and at the next moment vanishes as quickly as a cloud in the sky
- Simply we have to agree, "My Lord, from today, I dedicate my life for Your service," you are immediately brahma-bhutah. Immediately, from that moment. It is so nice. Not that you have to take some time how to become brahma-bhutah
- So long we have got this bodily concept of life, we cannot be cheerful. Full of anxiety. And as soon as we understand that "I am not this body; I am spirit soul," the next moment you will be cheerful
- Sridama said, "Believe me, my dear friend, a moment's absence from You creates great havoc, not only for us but for the cows also. Everything becomes disarranged, and we become mad after You"
- Such devotees (who are serving God) do not need to seek an opportune moment to leave the present body. But those who are mixed devotees alloyed with fruitive action or empirical philosophical speculation require an opportune moment for quitting this body
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King, after thus discussing with Vidura the transcendental name, fame, qualities, etc, on the bank of the Yamuna, Uddhava was overwhelmed with great affliction. He passed the night as if it were a moment & thereafter he went away
- Suta Gosvami confirmed that if someone is fortunate enough to associate with a pure devotee of the Lord even for a moment, that particular moment is so valuable
- Take advantage of these books yourselves. Not that you just distribute but neglect reading them yourself. Always read them, especially Krsna book. Every time you have a spare moment, you should read
- Taking the fish out of the waterpot, the King threw Him in a large well. But within a moment the fish developed to the length of three cubits
- The age of Kali aims at killing the higher principles of life, and although Maharaja Pariksit strongly resisted the domination of the personality of Kali within the world, the influence of the age of Kali came at an opportune moment
- The animal offered in the sacrificial fire is, so to speak, destroyed, but the next moment it is given a new life by dint of the Vedic hymns chanted by the expert priest
- The change of time. Now it is nine o'clock in the watch. Now, this nine o'clock, this is now night. The morning nine o'clock is still existing somewhere. Similarly, Krsna's lila, Krsna's pastime, is going on. Everything is going on at the same moment
- The consecutive pastimes of Krsna are being manifested in one of the innumerable universes moment after moment
- The gopis said, "Without Him (Krsna) we cannot live for a moment." The gopis thus decided to obstruct the passage through which the chariot of Krsna was supposed to pass
- The gopis were so attached to Krsna that they could not even tolerate not seeing Him momentarily when their eyelids blinked and impeded their vision
- The highest perfection of life is attained by remembering the transcendental nature of the Lord at the last moment of one's life
- The King inquired from them about the duration of his life and was informed that he had only one moment more. Thus he immediately left his palace and went to his own residence, where he engaged his mind fully on the lotus feet of the Lord
- The Lord can hear from such a distant place (Vaikunthaloka), He can eat from there, and He can appear simultaneously in all places at a moment's notice. Such is the omnipotency of the Lord
- The man had been untimely awakened and was therefore very angry, and when he looked upon Kalayavana in his angry mood, rays of fire emanated from his eyes, and Kalayavana burned to ashes within a moment
- The miserable condition of material existence is not only felt when we come out of the womb of the mother, but is also present within the womb. Miserable life begins from the moment the living entity begins to contact his material body
- The moment she heard from the sage Narada of your noble character, learning, beautiful appearance, youth and other virtues, she fixed her mind upon you
- The next moment he (Kamsa) began to consider: "The boy (Krsna) is certainly not common, because He has lifted Govardhan Hill with His left hand. So what can I do in this connection? Let me go to Vrndavana and inflict pains on all the residents there"
- The pious and intelligent person thinks that the sufferings inflicted upon him due to his previous sinful activities are only slight because of the Lord's mercy, and that by His mercy all suffering can be relieved in moment
- The powerful Sukracarya was angry for a few moments, but upon being satisfied he said to Vrsaparva: My dear King, kindly fulfill the desire of Devayani, for she is my daughter and in this world I cannot give her up or neglect her
- The saintly King Khatvanga, after being informed that the duration of his life would be only a moment more, at once freed himself from all material activities and took shelter of the supreme safety, the Personality of Godhead
- The sparks can everlastingly remain within the original fire as its parts and parcels, but the moment the sparks become separated from the original fire, their misfortunes and miseries begin
- The sun rises out of his own accord; so also the Lord is pleased to be present out of His causeless mercy. One should simply await the opportune moment and go on discharging his prescribed duty in devotional service of the Lord
- The value of a moment's association with a devotee of the Lord cannot be compared even to the attainment of the heavenly planets or liberation from matter, and what to speak of worldly benedictions in the form of material prosperity
- The verdict of all revealed scriptures is that by even a moment's association with a pure devotee, one can attain all success
- The whole point here is that even Hiranyakasipu, the most powerful of materialists, could not become deathless by his various plans. What, then, can be accomplished by the tiny Hiranyakasipus of today, whose plans are thwarted from moment to moment?
- The wonderful airplane flew in the sky like a whirling firebrand - it was not steady even for a moment
- These opportune moments (to quit this body) are not as important as one's being a successful yogi who is able to quit his body as he likes. Such a yogi must be competent to control his senses by the mind
- They (foolish politicians) stick to those posts even up to the last moment of life, without knowing that achievement of liberation as one of the associates of the Lord in His eternal abode is the highest gain of life
- They (Gopis) could not tolerate a moment's blinking of the eyes, for it kept them from seeing their beloved Lord Krsna. So what to speak of others, who are naturally very critical of every action of a responsible man
- They (the gopis) began to talk among themselves, “We have passed a very long night - which seemed only a moment - engaged in the rasa dance with Krsna. We looked at His sweet smile and embraced Him and talked with Him"
- This is called jata-karma. Just after the child is born, this astrologer will come and he will see the moment, the astronomical situation, and make a horoscope, and then immediately his future activities and everything will be clearly made
- This is jnana, regretting "My dear Lord, I got this very opportune moment to possess this human form of life, manusya-janama paiya, but my duty was to worship Radha-Krsna." That is the highest perfection of worshiping
- This is the opportune moment to take shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Because He is naturally very kind and dear to the demigods, He will certainly bestow good fortune upon us
- This realization (of the transcendental messages) for a moment in the association of pure devotees like Sukadeva Gosvami prepares one's complete life for eternity
- Those who know the Supreme Brahman attain that Supreme by passing away from the world during the influence of the fiery god, in the light, at an auspicious moment of the day, or during the fortnight of the waxing moon
- Those who know the Supreme Brahman pass away from the world during the influence of the fiery god, in the light, at an auspicious moment, during the fortnight of the moon and the six months when the sun travels in the north. BG 8.24 - 1972
- Thus he has to pass ninety-nine thousand yojanas within two or three moments, and then he is at once engaged in the torturous punishment which he is destined to suffer
- Thus in the year 1407 of the Saka Era (A.D. 1486), in the month of Phalguna (February-March), in the evening of the full-moon day, the desired auspicious moment arrived
- Time is compared here to a big wheel which has 360 joints, six rims in the shape of seasons, and numberless leaves in the shape of moments. It rotates on the eternal existence, Brahman
- To receive such a personality as Maharaja Pariksit, who was especially cared for by the Supreme Lord, a suitable moment is chosen when all good stars assembled together to exert their influence upon the King
- Varuna said, "At this moment, as I look at You, (Krsna) my life is made completely successful because by seeing You I no longer have to accept a material body"
- Vasudeva thought "In my home, although I am imprisoned, the Supreme Personality of Godhead has taken birth. How many millions and millions of times should I be prepared to observe this auspicious ceremony!"
- We can avoid idle conversation and utilize our time in the spare moments for studying slokas from the Gita and Bhagavatam. Practically I have given you more than enough for 50 years at one sloka daily
- We have information of Lord Brahma's duration of life from the BG: 1,000 times the duration of the four ages, or 1,000 x 4,320,000 years, constitute Brahma's 12 hours. Similarly, one moment of Brahma's time is equal to one year of our solar calculation
- We have some limited experience of the velocity of the mind because in a moment we can transfer our minds to places hundreds of thousands of miles away
- What is the value of a prolonged life which is wasted, inexperienced by years in this world? Better a moment of full consciousness, because that gives one a start in searching after his supreme interest
- When I initiated you, I accepted you on that very moment as my daughter. So you are eternally my daughter and I am your father
- When Kakudmi arrived there, Lord Brahma was engaged in hearing musical performances by the Gandharvas and had not a moment to talk with him
- When my father was angry and he laughed sarcastically at the demigods, they were immediately vanquished simply by seeing the movements of his eyebrows. Yet my father, who was so powerful, has now been vanquished by You within a moment
- When such a feeling of love becomes intensified, it is called affection. In that affectional stage, one cannot bear separation from Krsna even for a moment
- When will that moment come when You will call me to the shelter of Your lotus feet, which are the ultimate goal for liberation from conditional life?
- While Krsna and Balarama were talking, Brahma returned after a moment's interval (according to the duration of his life)
- While Uddhava remained in Vrndavana, the inhabitants enjoyed his association. As they discussed the activities of Krsna, the days passed just like moments
- Whoever sees Lord Krsna sees a festival. His face and body are fully satisfying for everyone to see, but the devotees are angry at the creator for the disturbance caused by the momentary blinking of their eyes
- Within a few moments, a mysterious, unknown man came before Lord Krsna. Crying loudly, he bowed down at the Lord's lotus feet and said to Him
- Within a moment the whole sky was overcast with dense clouds, and severe thundering was heard. There was glittering electric lightning and severe rainfall
- Without seeing him (His Divine Grace Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaja) at that opportune moment never would we have been able to 2) be engaged in the factual service of the Lord under instructions of His Divine Grace
- Without seeing him (His Divine Grace Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaja) at that opportune moment, we could have become a very great business magnate, but never 1) would we have been able to walk the path of liberation
- Yes, it is all right that you devote your time to painting instead of street sankirtana. The main thing is that you be engaged in some worthwhile work for Krsna without wasting even a moment
- You are getting initiation in this auspicious day when Lord Krsna and Radharani, His eternal consort, is now being situated, er, established, installed, on this auspicious moment
- You are lying for some time in the hospital bed and still you are not wasting a moment of your time. This attitude is very good. This is Krsna Consciousness - not to waste even a single moment without serving the Lord in some way or other