moist | moisten | moistened | moistening | moisture
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Perspiration (5 C, 75 P)
Pages in category "Moist"
The following 60 pages are in this category, out of 60 total.
- A materialist might see Sanatana Gosvami's body as being full of itching sores that exuded foul moisture and a bad smell. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, however, said...
- After all, whether it be moist or dry, stool is stool. Similarly, material activities may be either pious or impious, but because they are all material, they are compared to stool
- After hearing the ominous voice, Indra, with great attention, began to meditate on how to kill the demon (Namuci). He then saw that foam would be the means, for it is neither moist nor dry
- After saying this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced Sanatana Gosvami, and the moisture oozing from the itching sores on Sanatana's body smeared the body of the Lord
- Although Sanatana Gosvami repeatedly forbade Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to embrace him, the Lord still did so. Thus His body was smeared with the moisture from Sanatana's body, and Sanatana became greatly distressed
- Anything material, it will burn, it will be cut into pieces, it can be dried up, it can be moistened. Because we cannot see the soul, Krsna has explained in a negative definition what is the characteristic of the soul
- As soon as the cows are happy, you not only get sufficient milk, but the pasturing ground, I mean to say, ground, becomes moist with milk. So much milk supplied
- As soon as the ground is moist, you can produce anything, whatever you want. Sarva-kama-dugha mahi. From the field, you can get all your necessities of life. The first necessity is the food grain
- Bilvamangala said, "His eyes are always moist, and His lips are colored like copper, and through those lips there comes a sound vibration which drives one madder than a mad elephant. I want so much to see Him at Vrndavana"
- Blazing fire and moist fuel go ill together. Peace and morality can prosper only by the principles of Maharaja Pariksit and his followers
- Both He Himself and His body are complete spiritual identity. Spirit is never pierced, burnt, dried, moistened, etc. This is vividly explained in the Bhagavad-gita. So also it is stated in the Skanda Purana
- He (God) is often compared to the sun because in all circumstances He is suddham, most purified. The sun extracts moisture from many untouchable places on the earth, yet it remains pure
- Her (Devahuti's) countenance shone, with beautiful teeth and charming eyebrows. Her eyes, distinguished by lovely moist corners, defeated the beauty of lotus buds. Her face was surrounded by dark curling tresses
- In the reign of Yudhisthira, the clouds showered all the water that people needed, and the earth produced all the necessities of man in profusion. Due to its fatty milk bag and cheerful attitude, the cow used to moisten the grazing ground with milk
- In this planet also, different places have got different opulence. Just like in India you will find throughout the whole year brilliant sunshine, and in Western countries, in London, hellish - always moist, raining, and cloudy
- Indirect moistened existential ecstatic love is described in the following statement: Krsna, who is also called Purusottama, is to the eyes of Mother Yasoda just like the cloud is to the eyes of the cataki bird
- It cannot be burned into the fire. It cannot be moistened by water. That means everything matter, there is interruption. Any matter will be interrupted by another matter, but the soul is not anything of this material world
- Let them engage in kirtana. There will be more water for gardening, and it will be moist, and then produce fodder for the animals and food for you. And animal gives you milk. That is Vrndavana life
- Lord Caitanya said: "The stool and urine of the maintained child appear like sandalwood pulp to the mother. Similarly, when the foul moisture oozing from the sores of Sanatana touches My body, I have no hatred for him"
- Many plants and creepers that were almost dead during the months of April and May are now visible again in various forms, for they are nourished by their roots in the moist earth
- Moist existential ecstatic love aroused in connection with Krsna is divided into two: direct and indirect
- Moreover, blood is running from infected itching sores on my body, smearing Your body with moisture, but still You touch me by force
- Narada Muni continued: My dear King Yudhisthira, Hiranyakasipu seated Prahlada Maharaja on his lap and began smelling his head. With affectionate tears gliding down from his eyes and moistening the child's smiling face, he spoke to his son as follows
- None of these material effects ever touches the eternal living entity, the spirit soul, because the living spirit is invincible, nonflammable, nonmoistenable, and nondryable
- Radharani was weaving a garland of kunda flowers, and upon hearing the vibration of Krsna's flute, She immediately stopped Her work. This is an example of direct moistened existential ecstatic love
- Rainfall comes by the mercy of King Indra. Rainfall will remain on the surface of the globe, always keeping the earth moistened, and thus it will be auspicious for all kinds of production
- Sheen in the hair, moisture in the eyes, firmness in the breasts - all these qualities are present in Srimati Radhika. Therefore only Srimati Radhika is able to fulfill all the desires of Krsna. No one else can do so
- Spirit is never pierced, burnt, dried, moistened, etc. This is vividly explained in the Bhagavad-gita
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced Sanatana Gosvami by force. Thus the moisture oozing from the itching sores touched the transcendental body of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, however, embraced Sanatana Gosvami by force. Thus the moisture oozing from the itching sores touched the transcendental body of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: While the morose Indra was lamenting in this way, an ominous, unembodied voice said from the sky, "This demon Namuci is not to be annihilated by anything dry or moist"
- The characteristics of water are exhibited by its moistening other substances, coagulating various mixtures, causing satisfaction, maintaining life, softening things, driving away heat
- The characteristics of water are exhibited by its moistening other substances, incessantly supplying itself to reservoirs of water, and refreshing by slaking thirst
- The dryness of material happiness cannot be moistened by so-called philosophers who cry for Brahman, liberation and similar dry speculative objects
- The garland of flowers decorating the Queen's head fell, and her hair scattered. Falling tears melted the collyrium on her eyes and moistened her breasts, which were covered with kunkuma powder
- The highways, subways, lanes, markets and public meeting places were all thoroughly cleansed and then moistened with scented water. And to welcome the Lord (Krsna), fruits, flowers and unbroken seeds were strewn everywhere
- The living entity is not burned by the fire. It is not dried up, it is not moistened. This is stated. So why there will be no life in the sun globe? There must be. Because nainam dahati pavakah, fire cannot burn the living being
- The living entity is sanatana, eternal. Because he cannot be killed by any weapon, burnt into ashes by fire, soaked or moistened by water, nor dried up by air, he is considered to be immune to material reactions
- The moisture oozing from Sanatana’s itching skin did not affect the Lord at all. After speaking with Sanatana Gosvami in this way, the Lord again embraced him, and after this embrace, Sanatana Gosvami became free from the disease
- The mud on both banks of the River Jambu-nadi, being moistened by the flowing juice and then dried by the air and the sunshine, produces huge quantities of gold called Jambu-nada
- The soul can never be cut into pieces by any weapon, nor can he be burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind. BG 2.23 - 1972
- The soul can never be cut to pieces by any weapon, nor burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind
- The stone from Govardhana was always moist with tears from His eyes. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would say, "This stone is directly the body of Lord Krsna"
- The symptoms originating from such existential ecstatic love are divided into three headings - namely, moist, burnt and dried-up
- The tears from the eyes of the Lord came out with great force, like water from a syringe. Indeed, all the people who surrounded Him were moistened by His tears
- The voice also said, "O Indra, because I have given this demon the benediction that he will never be killed by any weapon that is dry or moist, you have to think of another way to kill him"
- Thus Indra, King of heaven, severed Namuci's head with a weapon of foam, which was neither dry nor moist. Then all the sages satisfied Indra, the exalted personality, by showering flowers and garlands upon him, almost covering him
- When Lord Krsna was at Vrndavana even the cows would become moistened by affection towards Him, and He would draw milk from the nipples of every affectionate living being, so what to speak of the stepmothers who were already as good as His own mother
- Why should you kill these innocent animals? You take. You keep them muda, happy, and you get so much milk that it will moist, it will make wet the ground. This is civilization. This is civilization
- With tears of love and affection, Citraketu repeatedly moistened the resting place of the Supreme Lord's lotus feet