Pages in category "Misunderstanding God"
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total.
- He is never to be misunderstood to be other than the Supreme Lord because of His assuming the form of a boar to lift the earth. That is the understanding of sages and great personalities like Brahma and other residents of the higher planetary system
- His identity being fully spiritual, His form, name, quality, and paraphernalia, etc., have been elaborately distinguished from matter, and therefore He is sometimes misunderstood by less intelligent persons as impersonal
- The Lord says that everything is resting on Him (mat-sthani sarva-bhutani). This should not be misunderstood. The Lord is not directly concerned with the maintenance and sustenance of this material manifestation
- The Lord's pastimes with the gopis are all displays of transcendental existence, bliss and knowledge, although these are manifested apparently as sex love. The specific attraction of His pastimes with the gopis should never be misunderstood
- There is a class of philosophers who misunderstand the appearance of the Personality of Godhead within this material world