Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
misconceive | misconceived | misconceives | misconceiving | misconception | misconceptions | misconcepts
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Delusion (2 C, 65 P)
Pages in category "Misconception"
The following 56 pages are in this category, out of 56 total.
- Actually the Vedas accept one God. Eka brahma dvitiya nasti. There is no second. God cannot be two. God is one. It is a misconception, there are many Gods
- All this misconception is due to the illusory energy of the Supreme Lord
- Almost everyone is thinking that he is this body; he has no information of the spirit soul. Guided by this misconception, one always thinks, "This is my body, and anything in relationship with this body is mine"
- Any materially elevated person can be condemned to an abominable species of life if he is not careful. It is a misconception that after reaching the human body one is never degraded
- As long as the body will be there, there will only be pain. Pleasure is only a misconception. Do not be sorry if you are in an "unfortunate" situation. It can also be fortunate if you take advantage by becoming serious to become Krsna consciousness
- As long as the material body will be there, there will only be pain. Pleasure is a misconception
- Avidya, a misconception about one's spiritual identity, provides the foundation for ahankara, or false ego within the heart
- Because a sannyasi in the Sankara-sampradaya thinks that he has become the Supreme, Lord Caitanya, wanting to avoid such a misconception, kept the name Sri Krsna Caitanya, placing Himself as an eternal servitor
- Because you have misconceived the caste system, that should be abolished, and the system recommended by Krsna that should be taken
- First of all, you must have faith that, "In this life I shall understand thoroughly about God."Then associate with persons who are busy with God's business.Then you act as they are acting.Then your misconception of material life will be finished
- Foolish persons are engaged in committing all sorts of sins due to the misconception of identifying the material body with the self. But one should be intelligent enough to understand to whom the body belongs
- If we associate with all these things, sravanam kirtanam visnoh, hearing and chanting about Visnu, then this misconception of life, that "I am purusa," will vanquish. Then you become liberated
- If we think that He (Krsna) is a controller like us, that is our misconception. He is controller. There is controller. With unlimited knowledge and unlimited assistants, with unlimited potencies, He is managing
- If we want to stop this anartha, misconception of life, then we have to take to bhakti-yoga
- In conditioned life the soul is under the impression that he can become the lord of the universe, and the last point of this misconception is to think oneself the Supreme
- In his bewildered state, the living entity, accepting the body and mind to be the self, considers some people to be his kinsmen and others to be outsiders. Because of this misconception, he suffers
- In order to clear up further misconceptions about the rasa dance and the affairs of Krsna and the gopis, Maharaja Pariksit, the hearer of Srimad-Bhagavatam, told Sukadeva Gosvami
- In the Caitanya-sampradaya there is sometimes a demoniac misconception about the descent of Nityananda Prabhu
- It is a misconception that the Lord acts with someone in relationship of friend and with someone else in the relationship of enemy. His being an enemy or friend is always on the absolute platform. There is no material distinction
- It is misconceived that formerly the monarchial government was autocratic
- It is the misconception of the impersonalists that one can worship any imaginary form of the Lord, or Brahman, and at the end merge in the Brahman effulgence. Of course, to merge into the bodily effulgence (Brahman) of the Supreme Lord is also liberation
- Man after his death cannot be made into God. Nor can the Personality of Godhead be a human being, even when He is personally present. Both ideas are misconceptions. The idea of anthropomorphism cannot be applicable in the case of Lord Krsna
- Misconceiving one thing for another thing is called illusion. For example, accepting a rope as a snake is illusion, but the rope is not false
- Misguided persons, who are interested in the mundane affairs of philanthropic and altruistic work under the misconception of the body as the self, could better take advantage of the Mahabharata
- Mucukunda continued, "In my vanity I believed I had become the king of human society. In this misconception of bodily life I traveled all over the world, accompanied by my military strength - soldiers, charioteers, elephants and horses"
- Mucukunda continued, "my dear Lord, I wasted so much of my valuable lifetime with no benefit. As my misconception of life intensified, I began to think of this material body, which is just a bag of flesh and bones, as the all in all"
- One begins his treatment by chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra because by chanting this holy name of the Lord a person in the material condition will be relieved from all misconceptions
- Our freedom consists in orienting our desire either toward the ignorant, material misconception or the true, spiritual conception
- The body is not the self, but animals and foolish people think that it is. Vivarta (illusion) does not, however, denote a change in the identity of the spirit soul; it is the misconception that the body is the self that is an illusion
- The karmi thinks of this world as "mine," and the jnani thinks "I am" everything. The whole material conception of politics, sociology, philanthropy, altruism, etc., conceived by the conditioned souls is on the basis of this misconceived "I" and "mine"
- The Krsna consciousness movement means they want to educate people, rectifying the basic principle of misconception: "I am body," "I am American," "I am Indian," "I am fat," "I am thin," "I am black," "I am white" - all bodily conception
- The materialists have many branches of philanthropic and altruistic activities from a political, national and international angle of vision, but none of the field work can go beyond the jurisdiction of the misconception of identifying the material body
- The Mayavadis' theory that the Supersoul and the individual soul are equal is only a misconception. The conclusion is, therefore, that Krsna is worshipable and that all other living entities are simply His servants
- The perfect process is to accept Krsna as the Supreme in everything, and the best perfection in culturing knowledge is to surrender unto Him because He is the source of everything. Only in that conception can one get rid of the misconception of I and mine
- The personified Vedas continued, "Out of many millions of them, if one becomes intelligent enough by associating with pure devotees, he comes to the understanding of Krsna consciousness and comes out of the jurisdiction of the material misconception"
- The Supreme Lord is not impersonal, as misconceived by less intelligent thinkers. Rather, He is the Supreme person, as confirmed in all authentic Vedic literatures. But His personality is different from what we can conceive
- The Supreme Spirit is omnipresent. This truth is imperfectly explained by the proponents of pantheism, the misconception that everything is the Supreme Spirit simply because the Supreme Spirit is everywhere
- The tenth offense is to be attached to the misconception of possessing something, or to accept the body as one's self, while executing the process of spiritual cultivation
- The whole material conception of politics, sociology, philanthropy, altruism, etc., conceived by the conditioned souls is on the basis of this misconceived "I" and "mine," which are products of a strong desire to enjoy material life
- The whole misconception of the bewildered living entity can be removed by the association of Sukadeva Gosvami and Maharaja Pariksit
- There is an identity of this world with the Supreme Lord. This identity is accepted in a misconceived way by the impersonalists; they say that the Supreme Absolute Truth, transforming Himself into the universe, loses His separate existence
- This misconception of the formlessness of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is due to the yogamaya curtain of the Lord and can be removed only by the Supreme Will, as soon as the conditioned soul surrenders unto Him
- Those who are under the misconception that the living entity and the Supreme Lord are equal in all respects, both qualitatively and quantitatively, are mistaken, and they are still bound to remain in the material world
- To cleanse the mind and heart from all misconceptions, one should take to this chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra