Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
delusion | delusional | delusioned | delusions | delusive | delude | deluded | deluder | deludes | deluding
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Delusion"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- Advancement of knowledge means to understand the naked truth of this world and to not be deluded by the temporary beauty of this phantasmagoria
- After Menaka, the celestial woman who had come to delude Visvamitra Muni, gave birth to the child Sakuntala, she left both the child and her husband and returned to the heavenly planets
- All living entities are born into delusion, bewildered by dualities arisen from desire and hate
- All living entities are born into delusion, overcome by the dualities of desire and hate. This is an explanation of how the living entity falls down into this material world. In the spiritual world there is no duality, nor is there hate
- BG says, "O son of Prtha, those who are not deluded, the great souls, are under the protection of the divine nature. They are fully engaged in devotional service because they know Me as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, original and inexhaustible"
- Bhagavad-Gita says, "O son of Prtha, those who are not deluded, the great souls, are under the protection of the divine nature. They are fully engaged in devotional service because they know Me as the S P of Godhead, original and inexhaustible"
- By realized knowledge, one becomes perfect. By transcendental knowledge one can remain steady in his convictions, but by mere academic knowledge one can be easily deluded and confused by apparent contradictions
- By transcendental knowledge one can remain steady in his convictions, but by mere academic knowledge one can be easily deluded and confused by apparent contradictions
- Deluded by material energy, the conditioned soul, enamored by eighty-one varieties of manifestations, wants to lord it over material energy, just as a moth wants to enjoy a fire
- Deluded persons, symptomatically, dwell in dualities of dishonor and honor, misery and happiness, woman and man, good and bad, pleasure and pain, etc., thinking, "This is my wife; this is my house; I am the master of this house"
- Deluding books of knowledge, not having Narayana as their aim, are not at all knowledge, but are the playgrounds for crows who are interested in the rejected refuse of the world
- Delusion is the perverted image of reality and is the hallmark of maya, the Lord's external energy. This delusion is totally absent in His internal, spiritual potency
- Finding their father so deluded in an act of immorality (Brahma was sexually inclined to his own daughter), the sages headed by Marici, all sons of Brahma, spoke as follows with great respect
- Freedom from doubt and delusion, can be achieved when one is not hesitant and when he understands the transcendental philosophy. Slowly but surely he becomes free from bewilderment
- From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered, intelligence is lost, and when intelligence is lost one falls down again into the material pool
- I am (Krsna) never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am covered by My eternal creative potency (yogamaya); and so the deluded world knows Me not, who am unborn and infallible
- In the beginning of Kali-yuga, the Lord will appear as Lord Buddha, the son of Anjana, in the province of Gaya, just for the purpose of deluding those who are envious of the faithful theist (SB 1.3.24)
- Intelligence out of the dense forest of delusion
- King Yudhisthira, son of Dharma, overwhelmed by the death of his friends, was aggrieved just like a common, materialistic man. O sages, thus deluded by affection, he began to speak
- King Yudhisthira, though he was not expected to become aggrieved like a common man, became deluded by worldly affection by the will of the Lord
- Know that the mode of darkness, born of ignorance, is the delusion of all embodied living entities. The results of this mode are madness, indolence and sleep, which bind the conditioned soul
- Krsna is appearing just for the maintenance of this manifestation. Actually the Supreme Cause is one, but less intelligent persons, being deluded by the three modes of material nature, see that the material world is manifested through different causes
- O conqueror of the foe, all living entities are born into delusion, bewildered by dualities arisen from desire and hate
- One can acquire such pure knowledge only from the bona fide spiritual master and thereby avoid the delusion that the living entity is equal to Krsna
- One who restrains the senses of action but whose mind dwells on sense objects certainly deludes himself and is called a pretender
- Perfect knowledge is that the Supreme Soul, Krsna, is the supreme shelter for all living entities, and giving up such shelter, the living entities are deluded by the material energy, imagining themselves to have a separate identity
- Perpetually, their (people who jeer at Krsna because they are envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead) real knowledge will remain under delusion, and gradually they will regress to the darkest region of creation
- Persons who have acted piously in previous lives and in this life and whose sinful actions are completely eradicated are freed from the dualities of delusion, and they engage themselves in My (Krsna) service with determination
- Persons who have acted piously in previous lives and in this life and whose sinful actions are completely eradicated are freed from the duality of delusion, and they engage themselves in My service with determination
- Persons who have acted piously in previous lives and in this life, whose sinful actions are completely eradicated and who are freed from the duality of delusion, engage themselves in My service with determination
- Pure devotees, who are not deluded or contaminated by desire and hate, can understand that Lord Sri Krsna appears by His internal potencies
- Real knowledge will remain under delusion
- Real peace and happiness can never come about through such advanced materialistic knowledge, deluded as it must be by the illusory modes of nature with a view to playing up this "unreal reality"
- Relative name and absolute name. Krsna, if you always keep Krsna in your presence, then where is the possibility of ignorance and delusion? No, there is no possibility. This is the shortcut way of keeping Krsna always with you on your tongue - Hare Krsna
- Self-complacence with a polished type of animal civilization geared to sense gratification is delusion, and such a "civilization" is not worthy of the name
- Self-complacent and always impudent, deluded by wealth and false prestige, they (demoniac persons) sometimes proudly perform sacrifices in name only, without following any rules or regulations
- So if it is the deluded who despise Lord Krsna, then is it not time for Dr. Radhakrishnan himself to admit that he is guilty of this crime? Let him realize how he has abused the "Lord of all existences," equating Him with a mere mortal
- The conditioned living entity is satisfied in his own particular species of life; while deluded by the covering influence of the illusory energy, he feels little inclined to cast off his body, even when in hell, for he takes delight in hellish enjoyment
- The demoniac person thinks: There is none so powerful and happy as I am. I shall perform sacrifices, I shall give some charity, and thus I shall rejoice." In this way, such persons are deluded by ignorance
- The demons are under the impression that no one is more wealthy and popular than themselves. They think that their wealth will somehow be protected by some spirit, and in this way they are deluded. Their final destination is hell
- The first qualification is that one should not be deluded by pride. Because the conditioned soul is puffed up, thinking himself the lord of material nature, it is very difficult for him to surrender unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The invincibly powerful deluding energy of the Personality of God, or the third energy, representing nescience, can bewilder the entire world of animation, but still she is not strong enough to be able to stand in front of the Supreme Lord
- The real constitutional position of the living entity is that of subordination to the Supreme Lord, who is pure knowledge. When one is deluded into separation from this pure knowledge, he becomes controlled by the illusory energy
- The two mothers Rohini and Yasoda were not maya-mohita, deluded by the external energy, but to develop the pastimes of the Lord, they were captivated by yogamaya. Such maya-moha is the action of yogamaya
- There are three modes of material nature & when they are mixed with one another they become nine. When the nine are mixed they become eighty-one & the eighty-one also become mixed & thus we ultimately do not know how the delusion increases and increases
- Those who are deluded by dualities are completely foolish and therefore cannot understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Those who are deluded by duality and nescience think that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is created by material energies. This is their misfortune
- Those who are thus bewildered are attracted by demoniac and atheistic views. In that deluded condition, their hopes for liberation, their fruitive activities and their culture of knowledge are all defeated
- Those who are thus bewildered are attracted by demonic and atheistic views. In that deluded condition, their hopes for liberation, their fruitive activities, and their culture of knowledge are all defeated
- We have many experiences in the past of Mayavadi rascals who delude their followers by posing themselves as Krsna in order to enjoy rasa-lila
- When Brahma was deluded by Krsna, who expanded Himself into so many cowherd boys, calves and cows, Krsna's elder brother, Sri Baladeva (a direct expansion of Krsna Himself), felt astonishment and said
- When one is deluded into separation from this pure knowledge, he becomes controlled by the illusory energy and cannot understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- When the Mayavadi philosophers think of themselves as liberated, they are under the delusion of mental concoction
- When the Mayavadi philosophers think of themselves as liberated, they are under the delusion of mental concoction. No one can become one with or equal to God