Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
messenger | messengers | messenger's
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
- ► Caitanya's Messengers (2 P)
- ► Peon (6 P)
- ► Radharani's Messengers (1 P)
Pages in category "Messenger"
The following 85 pages are in this category, out of 85 total.
- Accepted the duty of a messenger
- After enjoying the loud laughter of all the members of the assembly, Krsna replied to the messenger as follows: "O messenger of Paundraka, you may carry My message to your master"
- After hearing this, the messenger returned to Govardhana Majumadara and informed him all about Raghunatha dasa
- After pacifying the King in this way, Kesava Chatri sent a brahmana messenger to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, requesting Him to leave without delay
- After saying this, the messenger began to chant the holy names of Hari and Krsna. He also began to laugh and cry, dance and sing exactly like a madman
- After the departure of Narada, Lord Krsna addressed the messenger who had come from the imprisoned kings and told him that they should not be worried, for He would very soon arrange to kill the King of Magadha, Jarasandha
- Akrura was afraid, because he had been deputed by Kamsa, the enemy of Krsna. He thought, "I am going to see Krsna as a messenger of the enemy." At the same time, he thought, "Krsna is in everyone’s heart as Supersoul, so He must know my heart"
- Another important pastime of the friends of Krsna was that they served as messengers to and from the gopis; they introduced the gopis to Krsna and canvassed for Krsna
- At death, he sees the messengers of the lord of death come before him, their eyes full of wrath, and in great fear he passes stool and urine
- At the very moment the messenger of the imprisoned kings was presenting their appeal before the Lord (Krsna), the great sage Narada arrived
- He (Kamsa) began to have many inauspicious visions, and he could understand that Krsna and Balarama, who had approached the precincts of the city, were his messengers of death
- He wished good fortune to all the imprisoned kings and the messenger. After receiving this assurance from Lord Krsna, the messenger returned to the imprisoned kings and informed them of the happy news of the Lord's forthcoming visit
- I am simply messenger. Mercy is of Bhaktivinoda Thakura and Srila Prabhupada. Before your coming they predicted, that "Somebody will bring." Maybe that somebody I am. Bhaktivinoda Thakura predicted
- I authorize the Postmaster of Vrndavana to deliver registered insured articles, parcels and money orders addressed to me to my messenger, Sri Tamal Krsna Gosvami
- In these verses, the great poet Kavi-karnapura gives the same information that Sivananda Sena conveyed to the messenger from Raghunatha dasa's father
- Indeed, Cupid's five arrows were Our via media. Now, during this separation, that attraction has increased to another ecstatic state. My dear friend, please act as a messenger on My behalf, because if one is in love with a beautiful person
- Just see! This pigeon is like a messenger of death. The shrieks of the owls and their rival crows make my (Yudhisthira Maharaja's) heart tremble. It appears that they want to make a void of the whole universe
- Just then, Rukmini, full of anxiety, saw the brahmana messenger. Krsna, being the Supersoul of all living beings, could understand Rukmini's anxiety; therefore He sent the brahmana inside the palace to let her know that He had arrived
- Krsna continued, "You (Rukmini) sent your messenger inviting Me to kidnap you, and when you found that there was a little delay in My arriving on the spot, you saw the whole world as vacant"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "At that time (when your head is severed from your body by My disc) your (Paundraka's) body will be thrown to the dogs, who will eat it with great pleasure"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "At that time (when your head is severed from your body by My disc), instead of becoming My shelter, as you (Paundraka) have demanded, you will be subject to the mercy of these lowborn birds"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "I shall destroy you (Paundraka) and your foolish associates, who merely constitute a society of cheaters and the cheated"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "I shall never give up the symbols of Vasudeva, especially My disc. I shall use this disc to kill not only you (Paundraka) but all your followers also"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "O foolish King (Paundraka), you will then have to conceal your face in disgrace & when your head is severed from your body by My disc, it will be surrounded by meat-eating birds like vultures, hawks & eagles"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "You (Paundraka) are a foolish rascal. I directly call you a rascal, and I refuse to follow your instructions"
- Krsna told the messenger brahmana who came from Rukmini, "My dear brahmana, just like Rukmini I cannot sleep at night, and My mind is always fixed on her"
- Krsna’s flute His authorized messenger
- Lord Kapila describes how persons engaged in activities of sense gratification to maintain a family are treated by the messengers of Yamaraja, called Yamadutas
- Lord Krsna is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but King Paundraka directly challenged Krsna through the messenger, who stated that Paundraka, not Krsna, was Vasudeva
- Since the brahmana had the opportunity to be Rukmini's messenger, he was fortunate enough to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna, the original cause of all causes
- Some steps should be taken immediately. After some deliberation, she (Rukmini) decided to send a message to Krsna, and so that she might not be deceived, she selected a qualified brahmana as her messenger
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu inquired from the messenger, "What was Vaninatha doing when he was arrested and brought there"
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: Being thus addressed by the messengers of Yamaraja, the servants of Vasudeva smiled and spoke the following words in voices as deep as the sound of rumbling clouds
- The blessed messengers of Lord Visnu, the Visnudutas, said: If you are actually servants of Yamaraja, you must explain to us the meaning of religious principles and the symptoms of irreligion
- The man brought before Lord Krsna by the doorkeeper (of Sudharma assembly house) was a messenger from all these imprisoned kings. Being duly presented before the Lord, the man began to relay a message from the kings, as follows
- The messenger began to relay a message from the kings, as follows "A slight portion of Your (Krsna) glories can be known by persons fully surrendered unto Your lotus feet, and, by Your grace only, such persons become freed from all material anxieties"
- The messenger carried the words of Lord Krsna to his master, Paundraka, who patiently heard all these insults
- The messenger concluded, "All the kings are very anxious to see You (Krsna) so that they can all personally surrender at Your lotus feet. My dear Lord, be merciful upon them and act for their good fortune"
- The messenger concluded, "As the messenger and representative of all those imprisoned kings, I have submitted my words before Your Lordship (Krsna) and presented their prayers to You"
- The messenger concluded, "Now I have explained the awful position of the kings, and Your Lordship (Krsna) can consider and do whatever You like"
- The messenger reached the royal assembly of Krsna in Dvaraka and conveyed the message given by his master, Paundraka
- The messenger replied, "He was fearlessly, incessantly chanting the maha-mantra - Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare"
- The messenger said, "(Anyone who surrenders unto Your lotus feet is immediately immune to the reactions of sinful life) We therefore offer ourselves wholeheartedly unto Your shelter, and we hope that Your Lordship will now give us full protection"
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), we know very well that Jarasandha cannot defeat You at any time, for Your power, strength, resources and authority are all unlimited. No one can equal You or surpass You"
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), we think that there are many living entities like us who are eternally entangled in fruitive activities and their reactions"
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, because we are now surrendered souls at Your lotus feet, You can give us relief from the entrapment of fruitive action made possible by the form of Jarasandha"
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, it is known to You (Krsna) that Jarasandha possesses the power of ten thousand elephants, and with this power he has imprisoned us, just as a lion hypnotizes a flock of sheep"
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, we are not among these surrendered souls; we are still within the duality and illusion of this material existence. We therefore take shelter of Your lotus feet, for we are afraid of the cycle of birth and death"
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, who can estimate Your mercy & powerful activities? You are present always as the insurmountable force of eternal time, baffling the indefatigable desires of the materialists, who are thus repeatedly confused & frustrated"
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, You (Krsna) are the proprietor of all the worlds, and You have incarnated Yourself with Your plenary expansion Lord Balarama"
- The messenger said, "He has arrested and imprisoned us, knowing fully that as Your (Krsna's) devotees we are subordinate to Your sovereignty"
- The messenger said, "It is said that Your (Krsna's) appearance in this incarnation is for the purpose of protecting the faithful and destroying the miscreants"
- The messenger said, "It may be that Jarasandha has been deputed to give us such trouble because of our past misdeeds, but we heard from revealed scriptures that anyone who surrenders unto Your lotus feet is immune to the reactions of sinful life"
- The messenger said, "The material body is awarded to us by the modes of material nature, and on account of this we are full of anxieties. The material condition of life simply involves bearing the burden of this dead body"
- The messenger said, "They (people like us) are against the path of Krsna conscious life, and they are wandering within the three worlds, impelled by the illusory energy of material existence"
- The messenger said, "They (people like us) are never inclined to follow Your (Krsna's) instructions by performing devotional service, although it is pleasing to the heart and most auspicious for one's existence"
- The messenger said, "Under the circumstances, how is it possible that miscreants like Jarasandha can put us into such deplorable conditions of life against Your (Krsna's) authority? We are puzzled at the situation and cannot understand how it is possible"
- The messenger said, "We have been entangled in the network of material reactions due to our ignorance"
- The messenger said, "We have come to take shelter of Your lotus feet, which can immediately eradicate all the results of fruitive action and thus free us from the contamination of material pains and pleasures"
- The messenger said, "We have now come to the real conclusion of our lives. Our kingly positions were nothing but the reward of our past pious activities, just as our suffering imprisonment by Jarasandha is the result of our past impious activities"
- The messenger said, "We realize now that the reactions of both pious and impious activities are temporary and that we can never be happy in this conditioned life"
- The order carriers of Yamaraja have jurisdiction over all sinful living entities, but the messengers of Lord Visnu, the Visnudutas, are capable of punishing anyone, including Yamaraja, if he wrongs a Vaisnava
- The order carriers of Yamaraja were snatching the soul from the core of the heart of Ajamila, the husband of the prostitute, but with resounding voices the messengers of Lord Visnu, the Visnudutas, forbade them to do so
- There was some whispering about a rumor that Rukmini had sent a messenger to Krsna; therefore the soldiers suspected that Krsna might cause a disturbance by attempting to kidnap Rukmini
- They (those whose faculty of judgment has been impaired by their own sin) are angrily torn apart by the bills of the vulturelike messengers of Yamaraja, the superintendent of sinful persons
- To say nothing of this, He sometimes serves your family as a messenger or servant. This means He worked just as ordinary servants do
- Under this false impression, thinking himself the Supreme Lord, Paundraka sent his messenger to Dvaraka to challenge the position of Krsna
- Upon receiving this message from his two messengers, Rupa Gosvami immediately wrote a letter to Sanatana Gosvami saying that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had departed for Vrndavana
- We should not remain vimudha. We should become intelligent. And to make us intelligent, Krsna comes, Krsna's devotees come, some messenger comes. And Srila Bhaktisiddhanta is one of the messengers of Krsna Caitanya to preach Krsna consciousness
- When a female messenger from Indra named Sarama chants a particular curse, the serpentine demons of Mahatala become very afraid of Indra
- When Saubhari Muni became quite a young and beautiful person, the messenger of the palace took him inside the residential quarters of the princesses, which were extremely opulent
- When the King put Gopinatha Pattanayaka on the canga, messengers came four times to inform Me about the incident
- When You play Your flute, the vibration acts like a messenger in the form of a yogini perfect in the art of chanting mantras. This messenger enchants all the women in the universe and attracts them to You
- While Lord Balarama was absent in Vrndavana, this King Paundraka, the King of the Karusa Province, being foolish and puffed up, sent a messenger to Lord Krsna