Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Meant"
The following 135 pages are in this category, out of 135 total.
- A human being is meant to be trained according to certain principles to revive his original knowledge. Such a methodical life is described as tapasya
- A person with mundane senses cannot fully understand the name, qualities, form and pastimes of Sri Krsna. The Puranas are therefore meant to explain and supplement Vedic knowledge
- Accepting some of the scriptural rules & regulations for immediate benefit, as utilitarians advocate, is called niyama-agraha, and neglecting the rules and regulations of the sastras, which are meant for spiritual development, is called niyama-agraha
- Activities such as seeing and hearing are actions of the senses meant for receiving knowledge, whereas moving, speaking, evacuating, etc., are actions of the senses meant for work. A Krsna conscious person is never affected by the actions of the senses
- After presenting Kamsa with the milk products they had brought with them, the cowherd men also took their respective seats by the side of the King, on a platform especially meant for them
- Akrura continued, "My dear Lord, whatever eternal forms and incarnations You accept when You appear in this world are meant for relieving the living entities of their ignorance, illusion and lamentation"
- Although such ceremonies (vedic ritualistic ceremony) are certainly mentioned in the Vedas, they are not meant for the intelligent class of men
- Although the Vedas have recommended worship of different demigods as different parts and parcels of Krsna, it is to be understood that such instructions are meant for less intelligent men who are still attracted by material sense enjoyment
- Amsuman brought back the horse meant for sacrifice, and with this horse Maharaja Sagara performed the remaining ritualistic ceremonies
- An actual brahmana is very much satisfied to see anyone, not to speak of his disciple, become a devotee of Lord Krsna. Such brahmanas are meant to satisfy the supreme master
- As for detachment from children, wife and home, it is not meant that one should have no feeling for these. They are natural objects of affection
- As soon as Krsna and Balarama were a little grown up, They were meant for taking care of the calves. Although born of a very well-to-do family, They still had to take care of the calves
- Bhagavad-gita is meant to show how one can understand his spiritual existence and his eternal relationship with the supreme spiritual personality and to teach one how to go back home, back to Godhead
- Brahmanas are not meant to be brahmanas alone: they should create other brahmanas also. If a man is found who agrees to become a brahmana’s disciple, he is also given the chance to become a brahmana
- BTG is especially meant to give some facility to our students, to train them to write articles on the philosophy of Krishna consciousness
- By full cognizance it is meant that one should know about his own constitutional position as well as the position of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- By nature's arrangement, animals that cannot use their front legs as hands are meant to be the food of animals like tigers, which have claws; and four-legged animals like deer and goats, as well as food grains, are meant to be the food of human beings
- By nature's arrangement, fruits and flowers are considered the food of insects and birds; grass and other legless living entities are meant to be the food of four-legged animals like cows and buffalo
- Demigod worship is meant for materialistic men whether in goodness, passion, or ignorance
- Demigods like Marici and their descendants, who are meant to enjoy this material world. From these two kinds of demigods were gradually manifested all other living entities, including the human beings
- Devotees are not interested in speculative knowledge. Therefore, the Sankhya enunciated by Kapila Muni is meant to establish one firmly in devotional service
- Devotional service is especially meant for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and it is beyond this material range
- Every human being should try to understand how the spirit soul can be happy and where he can attain an eternal, blissful life of knowledge. Human beings are meant to study these subject matters, not to be absorbed in caring for the temporary body
- Everyone must be educated in Visnu worship and engaged in the devotional service of Hrsikesa, the owner of the senses. The conditioned souls are meant not to satisfy their material senses but to satisfy the senses of Hrsikesa
- Generally, devotees offer Ganges water and the leaves of the bilva tree, which are especially meant for offering to Lord Siva and goddess Durga
- God is one. So either you become Hindu or Muslim, the God is one. This is to be understood. So the science of God, that is Krsna consciousness. You try to understand scientifically what is meant by God, what is meant by religion
- He (Ajamila) never meant that "I am going to Narayana." He wanted his son because he was affectionate. But he got the opportunity of chanting the holy name of Narayana. This is his good fortune
- His (Lord Buddha's) philosophy is meant for bewildering the atheists and should not be accepted. If someone asks, "Why should Krsna propagate atheistic principles"
- Human life is meant for being elevated to the highest platform of good character and controlling the senses, controlling the mind, remain very clean. Then you can make progress and your life can become successful
- Human life is meant for God realization, and the human being is given higher intelligence for this purpose. Those who believe that this higher intelligence is meant to attain a higher state should follow the instructions of the Vedic literatures
- I am an ignorant fool, for I interpret as an insult what is meant for my benefit. In this way I am just like King Indra, who out of ignorance tried to surpass Krsna, the Supreme Lord
- If we scrutinize the religious systems meant for worship of demigods or anyone else but the Supreme Personality of Godhead, we will find that they are full of envy and therefore impure
- In his pure state of existence he (the devotee) is meant to dovetail his activities in devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna
- In his pure state of existence the knower of the Absolute Truth is meant to dovetail his activities in devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam it is clearly stated that in this instance Krsna wanted to make King Indra angry. Krsna's advent was especially meant for the annihilation of the demons and protection of the devotees
- In that case, by the word 'ca,' the word 'eva' is meant. The word 'api' can be taken in the sense of aggregation. Thus the verse would read atmarama eva - that is, even all kinds of living beings worship Krsna
- In the human form of life, therefore, one is meant to act auspiciously in order to return home, back to Godhead. Devotional service, however, does not depend on material conditions
- In the material world the senses are manipulated for individual and personal satisfaction, whereas in the spiritual world the senses are properly used for the purpose for which they were originally meant, namely the satisfaction of the Supreme Lord
- In the rules of celibacy written by the great sage Yajnavalkya it is said: "The vow of brahmacarya is meant to help one completely abstain from sex indulgence in work, words and mind - at all times, under all circumstances, and in all places"
- In this way I shall progressively explain all the words in the atmarama verse. It should be understood that all these words are meant to enable one to taste the transcendental qualities of Krsna
- Instead of being pleased, he (washman) was very angry and refused the Lord's request, saying, "How is it that You (Krsna) are asking for clothing which is meant for the King"
- It was an open secret that Rukmini was meant to be married to Krsna but that her elder brother Rukmi had arranged her marriage to Sisupala
- It was Krsna's special favor to Uddhava to send him to Vrndavana with a message for the residents there, which was meant to pacify them
- Kama means lusty desires or sex desires. Generally, it is meant, sex desires
- Kamsa finally arrived, accompanied by various ministers and secretaries, and he sat on the raised platform especially meant for him
- Kasyapa meant that householders living with wives enjoy the heavenly blessings of sense enjoyment and at the same time have no fear of going down to hell
- King Puranjana became very much captivated by his beautiful wife and deviated from his good sense. He forgot that the passing of days and nights meant that his span of life was being reduced without profit
- Krsna asked His father, "My dear father, what is this arrangement going on for a great sacrifice? What is the result of such a sacrifice, and for whom is it meant? How is it performed? Will you kindly let Me know?"
- Krsna is the original purusa, and the living entities are prakrti. Thus Krsna is the enjoyer, and all living entities are meant to be enjoyed by Him
- Krsna said to Arjuna: "This is not for the Aryan. You are ksatriya, you are meant for fighting for justice, and you are denying to fight? Oh, this is not good. This kind of proposal, cowardice, can be proposed by the anarya
- Ksatriyas are especially meant to protect the brahmanas, as is the supreme will of the Lord: go-brahmana-hitaya ca
- Lord Krsna said, "A brahmacari is meant to lead a life of austerities and penance. The householder is meant to live a regulated life of sense gratification, but no one should remain a householder for the third stage of life"
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Gaurahari, came here personally to deliver you. Now rest assured that all the impediments meant for your bondage are gone
- Lord Sri Krsna, by His personal example, taught us the importance of cow protection, which is meant not only for the Indian climate but for all human beings all over the universe
- Material activity is performed only to satisfy one's own senses whereas spiritual activity is meant to satisfy the transcendental senses of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Modern civilization is a patchwork of activities meant to cover the perpetual miseries of material existence. All such activities are aimed toward sense gratification
- My dear gopis, what auspicious activities must the flute have performed to enjoy the nectar of Krsna's lips independently and leave only a taste for us gopis, for whom that nectar is actually meant
- One should not be attracted by the illusory energy of raised breasts with nipples. They are agents of maya meant to victimize the opposite sex
- Our literature is not sentimental stories. It is meant to be understood by the intelligent class of men
- Our propaganda is simply meant to enable intelligent people to understand the distinction between matter and spirit and understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the whole spiritual identity. That is our mission
- Ramananda Raya replied that to be known as a pure devotee of Lord Krsna is the perfect fame. The conclusion, therefore, is that visnu-dharma, or the religion of devotional service unto the S. P. of Godhead, is meant for persons who are thoughtful
- Regarding the examination, I never meant that the examination would be held this year. It will be held first next year. The examination is meant for the intelligent class, not all. Neither it is compulsory
- Regarding your idea of marrying one Krishna Conscious girl and then going to India, that will depend upon the desire of your wife. I cannot interfere with that. But generally the wife is meant to follow wherever the husband goes
- Rukmi continued, "You (Krsna) are carrying away my sister (Rukmini) just like a crow stealing clarified butter meant for use in a sacrifice. You are proud of Your military strength, but You cannot fight according to regulative principles"
- Sacred centres were meant for diffusing spiritual education and by this process of spiritual culture the disturbed mind could be trained up in concentration for higher duties which every human being must do
- Sahadeva said, "All Vedic ritualistic ceremonies, such as the performance of sacrifices, the offering of oblations into the fire, the chanting of the Vedic hymns and the practice of mystic yoga, are meant for realizing Krsna"
- Sankhya-yoga is meant to distinguish the truth from ephemerals
- Sannyasis are generally meant to travel all over the country for preaching work, but during the four months of the rainy season in India, from July through October, they do not travel but take shelter in one place and remain there without moving
- Secular means they have meant like that, that "You do all nonsense; we don't care. You pay me tax, that's all. Income tax. And you go to hell. It doesn't matter"
- Self-realized saints and sages take such risks for the spiritual enlightenment of the people in general. They do not take vows of silence meant to win cheap glory from the ignorant mass of people
- Semen is meant to be discharged when one has a home, a wife and the intention to beget children, otherwise there is no injunction for discharging semen
- Service is the real constitutional occupation of all living entities. The living entities are meant to render service to the Lord, and they can attain religious perfection by this service attitude
- She (Diti, the wife of the sage Kasyapa) continuously bore the powerful semen of Kasyapa Muni, which was meant to give trouble to others, for one hundred years
- Some of the senses are meant for acquiring knowledge, and some are meant for executing the conclusions of our thinking, feeling and willing. So practice means employing both the mind and the senses in practical devotional service
- Some of the yajnas are meant to satisfy particular demigods; but even in so doing, Lord Visnu is worshiped in all yajnas as the chief beneficiary
- Sometimes professional readers of the Bhagavatam immediately plunge into the confidential topics of the pastimes of the Supreme Lord, which they seemingly interpret as sex literature. Srimad-Bhagavatam is meant to be heard from the beginning
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thought that all three servings were meant for distribution; therefore He asked for another two banana leaves, saying, "Let Us have a very little quantity of vegetable and rice"
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura replies that the pastimes of the Lord in Vrndavana are meant to be relished by advanced devotees of the Lord. Neophyte devotees will misunderstand such supreme transcendental activities of the Lord
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is meant to be heard from the beginning. Those who are fit to assimilate this work are mentioned in this sloka: "One becomes qualified to hear Srimad-Bhagavatam after many pious deeds"
- Sudama said, "All the different processes of life are ultimately meant for understanding Your (Krsna's)personality"
- Surrendered devotee sees that everything is part of Krishna's plan, that whatever is meant to be, I am doing that, so let me do it with my full attention to every detail, let me become absorbed in such service, never mind what it is
- That is the position of all living entities in the government of the Supreme Lord. No one can artificially claim the supreme position of the Lord, but everyone is meant to serve the purpose of the supreme whole
- The appearance of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in this Kali-yuga is especially meant to deliver the fallen souls, who are always planning something for material enjoyment
- The attendants who came with Sati were meant to protect her from calamities, but since they were unable to protect their master's wife, they decided to die for her, and before dying they wanted to kill Daksa
- The brothers had one young sister, Rukmini. She was beautiful and chaste and was meant to be married to Lord Krsna. Many saintly persons and sages like Narada Muni used to visit the palace of King Bhismaka
- The demigods, the performer of the sacrifice and the religious principles are all meant for understanding Krsna, for Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is the Supreme Lord Visnu and the Lord of all mystic yogis
- The demoniac, who are lost to themselves and who have no intelligence, engage in unbeneficial, horrible works meant to destroy the world
- The eight principles of sankhya-yoga - observing the regulative principles are meant for those who are too much engrossed in the bodily conception of life
- The entire process of austerity and penance is meant to detach one from the material world and enhance one’s attachment to Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Krsna is the shelter of all persons advancing in self-realization
- The entire social structure of varna and asrama is a cooperative system meant to uplift all to the highest platform of spiritual realization
- The first-class devotee is not interested in dry speculative methods meant for wasting time. In other words, one who has attained a mature determination in the matter of devotional service can be accepted as the first-class devotee
- The four sections of human society, namely brahmanas, ksatriyas, vaisyas and sudras, are meant to live peacefully in a cooperative mood; this is possible when they are guided by expert Vedic brahmanas who perform sacrifices and distribute wealth equally
- The Ganges is called a sacred river because it emanates from the toe of Visnu. The Ganges is meant to eradicate all the material distresses of the conditioned souls
- The Gaudiya Vaisnavas who follow strictly in the line of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu worship the Divinity by chanting transcendental sounds meant to develop a sense of one's transcendental relationship with the Supreme Lord
- The gurukula is meant for this purpose. Teach them, and let them go around the world to teach. Taroho e bhava-sindhu. Durlabha manava-janama sat-sange, taroho e bhava-sindhu re (Bhajahu Re Mana). This is our mission
- The head (one of Visvarupa's three heads, that were cut of by Indra) meant for drinking soma-rasa was transformed into a kapinjala (francolin partridge)
- The head (one of Visvarupa's three heads, that were cut of by Indra) meant for drinking wine was transformed into a kalavinka (sparrow), and the head meant for eating food became a tittiri (common partridge)
- The kings were thus informed by the Pandava brothers that they were required to pay taxes for the execution of the Rajasuya sacrifice. This payment of taxes to Emperor Yudhisthira meant that the king accepted subjugation before him
- The Krsna consciousness movement is meant to make people pure and perfect
- The LA center is now specially meant for training devotees and dispatching them in different centers wherever they are required
- The living beings who have come to the material world against the will of the Supreme Being are under the control of a supreme power called maya-sakti, the deputed agent of the Lord, who is meant to pinch the conditioned souls by threefold miseries
- The Lord is the supreme enjoyer, and the living entities are meant to assist the Lord in His enjoyment and thus participate in the transcendental enjoyment of everyone
- The Lord said that the concise form of Srimad-Bhagavatam as explained to Brahma was meant to elucidate His personality
- The members of the four divisions of human life, namely the brahmacari, the grhastha, the vanaprastha and the sannyasi, are all meant to become perfect yogis or transcendentalists
- The mind, by nature, is always oscillating, for it is very fickle, but the breathing exercise is meant to control it. This process of controlling the mind might have been very possible in those days millions of years ago
- The modern civilization is simply meant for creating unnecessary necessities of life. That's all. So we are becoming deviated from God. The more we are advancing in so-called material civilization, we are more becoming far away from God
- The path of fruitive work, even when decorated by religious ceremonies meant to elevate one's material condition, is a cheating process
- The pure devotee's mundane frustration is meant to elevate the devotee to a higher transcendental position
- The right way is the path of activities meant to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The rituals and sacrifices mentioned in the karma-kanda division of the Vedic literature are meant to encourage gradual development of self-realization
- The ruling administrators of any part of the universe, either on this planet or on other planets, are factually the representatives of the Almighty Personality of Godhead, and they are meant to lead the subjects towards the path of God realization
- The saner section of the people know it well that the divisions of castes and orders of life are meant for smooth social intercourse and high-thinking self-realization and not for any other purpose
- The Supreme Lord is the enjoyer and the creator, and we, as subordinate living beings, are meant to cooperate to satisfy Him. This cooperation will actually help us, just as food taken by the stomach will help all other parts of the body
- The tract of land known as Bharata-varsa is the field of activities, and the other eight varsas (on Jambudvipa) are for persons who are meant to enjoy heavenly comfort
- The tree of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu intoxicates the entire world. It should be noted that this is a figurative example meant to explain the mission of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The whole process of the creation, maintenance and dissolution of the cosmic manifestation is meant to give the conditioned souls a chance to go back home, back to Godhead
- The whole Vedic process is meant to save the wandering living entities from the clutches of maya - birth, death, disease and old age
- The yoga principles are meant to control the senses, but there is no scope for the senses of one engaged in the service of the Lord to be dangerous like snakes. These are the gifts of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- There are many fasts, such as Ekadasi and the appearance and disappearance days of God and His devotees. All of these are meant to decrease the fat within the body so that one will not sleep more than desired and will not become inactive and lazy
- There are six types of incarnations (avataras) of Krsna. One comprises the incarnations of Visnu (purusa-avataras), and another comprises the incarnations meant for the performance of pastimes (lila-avataras)
- This is Indian culture, para-upakara. Indian culture is not meant for exploiting others. Para-upakara. That is human life, para-upakara. And that is Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mission
- This prayer of the Vedas personified illustrates that the Vedas are meant for helping the conditioned souls to understand Krsna
- Unless one is able to relish happiness from within, how can one retire from the external engagements meant for deriving superficial happiness?
- Upon approaching Kapiladeva, Amsuman saw both the horse meant for sacrifice and a pile of ashes. Amsuman offered prayers to Kapiladeva, who was very pleased by his prayers and who returned the horse
- We are all meant to join Him and enjoy life with one transcendental interest and without any clash. That is the highest platform of spiritual interest
- We are meant for serving Krsna, but we have rebelled: "Why shall I serve Krsna? I shall serve my senses. I shall remain independent without Krsna."
- When Kuntidevi wanted to cut off the family relation, she meant to cut off the relation of the skin. The skin relation is the cause of material bondage, but the relation of the soul is the cause of freedom
- When Lord Krsna pacified Rukmini by His sweet words, she could understand that what He had formerly said was not actually meant seriously but was spoken to evoke some joking pleasure between themselves
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu entered the room, He saw three divisions of food, and He knew that all of these were meant for Krsna. However, He did not understand the intentions of Advaita Acarya
- Yoga is also recognized, but that was meant for in the Satya-yuga when all people were very much all virtuous, cent percent virtuous. There was no, I mean to say, sinful men at all
- Yoga practice is essentially meant for controlling the senses. The central controlling factor of all the senses is the mind; therefore one first has to practice controlling the mind by engaging it in Krsna consciousness
- You have got more important business than selling. Both your wife and yourself are meant for publication department
- You mention about the well-renown psychologist at Harvard who is interested in finding about man's true nature. Man's true nature is to render service. Originally the living entity was meant for rendering service to Krsna