Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Means of Devotional Service to God
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Means of Devotional Service to God"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Because of her association with her great husband, Maharaja Yayati, Devayani became purified, adopted the means of bhakti-yoga, and thus became liberated
- Being engaged in Krsna consciousness, one can immediately understand one's spiritual identity, and then one can understand the Supreme Lord by means of devotional service
- The Bhagavad-gita recommends that one adopt the means of devotional service, or anti-material activities, if one wishes to enter the anti-material world
- The revealed scriptures mention nine means of attaining devotional service, of which the first and foremost is hearing from authority
- Then, as he (the advancing devotee) associates with devotees and tries to adopt the means instructed by the spiritual master in his own life, his misgivings and other obstacles are vanquished by his execution of devotional service
- This transcendental method (hearing and chanting) practiced by the mahatmas gives them sufficient knowledge of the Lord because if the Lord can at all be known to some extent, it is only through the means of devotional service and no other way
- Those who adopt the means of devotional service, as prescribed by the expert transcendentalist, are never disappointed in their attempts to enter the anti-material world
- Those who are attached to the means of bhakti-yoga are factually self-controlled and can all of a sudden give up their homely or bodily attachment for the service of the Lord