Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
maternal | maternally
Pages in category "Maternal"
The following 71 pages are in this category, out of 71 total.
- A foolish person indulges in killing animals to maintain the body, but he does not consider whether the body belongs to him or to his father or mother or maternal grandfather
- According to smrti-sastra, a child generally follows the principles of his maternal uncle's house. Naranam matula-karma means that a child generally follows the qualities of his maternal family
- According to the axiomatic truth that things equal to the same thing are equal to one another, the child (King Vena) born of King Anga became the follower of his maternal grandfather
- Also, the apartment belonging to my maternal aunt is in a very solitary place. Make all arrangements for Him to stay there
- Although Krsna was full of opulences, now, by the order of mother Yasoda, He opened wide His mouth like a human child and did not neglect the transcendental humor of maternal affection
- As soon as he (Sambara) learned that Pradyumna had been born, he took the shape of a woman and kidnapped the baby from the maternity home less than ten days after his birth
- Bhadra said, "My dear Draupadi, Lord Krsna is the son of my maternal uncle. Fortunately, I became attracted to His lotus feet"
- Bhimasena, the second brother of the Pandavas, smiled & embraced Lord Krsna, thinking of Him as his own maternal cousin & thus he also merged in great ecstasy. Bhimasena was so filled with ecstasy that for the time being he forgot his material existence
- By all of these activities, it is definitely understood that she (Yasoda) is the emblem of all maternal affection for Krsna
- By the desire of Krsna, the great sage Narada appeared, he disclosed all the incidents - how Pradyumna had been stolen from the maternity home & how he had grown up & had come there with his wife, Mayavati, who had formerly been Rati, the wife of Cupid
- Dantavakra said, "My dear Krsna, after all, You are my maternal cousin, and I should not kill You in this way, but unfortunately You have committed a great mistake by killing my friend Salva"
- During this time, Krsna, the maternal cousin of the Pandavas, & His special friend Arjuna were both throwing the liquid substances on the bodies of the queens. The queens became bashful, but at the same time their beautiful smiling brightened their faces
- Duryodhana was so foolish that he dared to insult Vidura. This was due to his bad association with Sakuni, his maternal uncle, as well as with his friend Karna
- He (Arjuna) could see persons like Bhurisrava, who were his father's contemporaries, grandfathers Bhisma and Somadatta, teachers like Dronacarya and Krpacarya, maternal uncles like Salya and Sakuni and brothers like Duryodhana
- He (Pradyumna) married the daughter of his maternal uncle, Rukmi, and from that marriage Aniruddha was born
- His (Ananta Acarya Gosvami's) disciple Laksmipriya was the maternal aunt of Ganga-mata, a princess who was the daughter of the King of Putiya
- If the maternal family is very corrupt or sinful, the child, even though born of a good father, becomes a victim of the maternal family
- In enjoying Krsna's attitude of stealing butter very stealthily, Mother Yasoda experienced the ecstasy of maternal love by smelling His head, sometimes patting His body with her hand
- In my maternal uncle's house I was called Nandadulal. Nandu
- In Prabhasa-ksetra he (Arjuna) heard the news that Lord Balarama was negotiating the marriage of Subhadra, the daughter of Arjuna’s maternal uncle, Vasudeva
- In the Vedic system of marriage, the importance of the gotra, or family, was stressed. Arjuna also married Subhadra, although she was his maternal cousin-sister
- In Vrndavana You also have Your father's elder brothers, Your father's younger brothers, maternal uncles, husbands of Your father's sisters and many cowherd men. There are also cowherd boyfriends, and You eat twice a day, morning and evening
- Is my (Yudhisthira's) respectable grandfather Surasena in a happy mood? And are my maternal uncle Vasudeva and his younger brothers all doing well?
- It is recommended that one accept sannyasa to dedicate his life for the service of the Lord, and everyone must take that kind of sannyasa, for by accepting such sannyasa one renders the best service to both his paternal and maternal families
- Kamsa and his brothers were all Krsna's maternal uncles, brothers of Krsna's mother, Devaki. When Krsna killed Kamsa He killed His maternal uncle, which is against the regulations of Vedic injunctions
- Kamsa appeared with great force in the maternity room, and in spite of Devaki's pleas that the child be saved, the demon forcibly snatched the child from Devaki's hands and dashed the child against a rock
- Kamsa had killed many of his own nephews, yet Jarasandha did not take notice, but because Krsna had killed His maternal uncle, Kamsa, Jarasandha tried to criticize Him
- Krsna continued, "Although I got a kingdom by killing My maternal uncle, Kamsa, the kingdom was to go to My grandfather; so actually I have no possession of a kingdom. Besides that, I have no fixed aim in life. People cannot understand Me very well"
- Krsna presented Himself as an innocent child to increase the transcendental ecstasy of maternal affection. As described in the sastra, tadana-bhayan mithyoktir vatsalya-rasa-posika. This means that sometimes a small child speaks lies
- Krsna stated that He was very sorry that His maternal uncle Kamsa was the head of the kingdom; He said that Kamsa was the greatest anomaly in the whole system of government and that they could not expect any welfare for the citizens while he ruled
- Maharaja Pariksit was especially inquisitive to know why Krsna killed His maternal uncle, Kamsa. Kamsa, being the brother of His mother, was a very intimate superior to Krsna, so how was it that He killed Kamsa?
- Maharaja Uttara was the son of Virata and maternal uncle of Maharaja Pariksit
- Mother Yasoda, by the grace of the Lord, could understand the real truth. But then again, the supreme master, by the influence of the internal potency, yogamaya, inspired her to become absorbed in intense maternal affection for her son
- My dear maternal uncle, I wish to ask you another question. Please tell Me the truth. Do not try to cheat Me with tricks
- My dear nephew, I am Your maternal uncle in our village relationship. Please see how greatly this attack of leprosy has afflicted me
- My dear son, I am not yet satisfied in my sexual desires. But if you are kind to me, you can take the old age given by your maternal grandfather, and I may take your youth so that I may enjoy life for a few years more
- Narada Muni continued: O best of the Pandavas, your two cousins Sisupala and Dantavakra, the sons of your maternal aunt, were formerly associates of Lord Visnu, but because they were cursed by brahmanas, they fell from Vaikuntha to this material world
- Nilambara Cakravarti is Your maternal grandfather, and by this relationship You are thus my nephew
- O King (Yudhisthira), that personality whom, out of ignorance only, you thought to be your maternal cousin, your very dear friend, well-wisher, counselor, messenger, benefactor, etc., is that very Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna
- On the battlefield Arjuna could see all kinds of relatives. He could see persons like Bhurisrava, who were his father's contemporaries, grandfathers Bhisma and Somadatta, teachers like Dronacarya and Krpacarya, maternal uncles like Salya and Sakuni etc
- On the day the mother and son bathed and left the maternity home, Sita Thakurani gave them all kinds of ornaments and garments and then also honored Jagannatha Misra
- Seeing the transcendental bodily effulgence of the child, each of His nicely constructed limbs full of auspicious signs & resembling a form of gold, Sita Thakurani was very pleased & because of her maternal affection she felt as if her heart were melting
- She (mother Yasoda) took Him (Krsna) on her lap and became overwhelmed with maternal affection
- The eldest son of Rukmini, Pradyumna, was married with Mayavati from his very birth, and afterwards he married Rukmavati, the daughter of his maternal uncle, Rukmi. From Rukmavati, Pradyumna had a son named Aniruddha
- The funeral ceremony of Abhimanyu, the son of Arjuna, was performed by Him (Lord Balarama), as He was the maternal uncle
- The Mayavadis think that they have themselves become Krishna. Similarly, if we think that we are Mother Yasoda, that will be the same philosophy. You should aspire to follow the footsteps of Mother Yasoda and Love Krishna in maternal affection
- The mothers of the boys heard the vibration of their flutes before their entrance, and to receive them, they came out of their homes and embraced them. Out of maternal affection, milk was flowing from their breasts
- The women of Vrndavana who are on the level of superior guardians are attracted to Lord Krsna maternally. The men of Vrndavana are attracted as servants, friends and fathers
- There Arjuna could see, within the midst of the armies of both parties, his fathers, grandfathers, teachers, maternal uncles, brothers, sons, grandsons, friends, and also his fathers-in-law and well-wishers
- This child will preach the Vaisnava cult and deliver both His maternal and paternal families
- We are trained up, because we belong to Krsna family. So this Radha-Krsna worship is our family tradition. Our forefathers, my father, my maternal uncles, we are Vaisnava family. Belonging to the Caitanya-sampradaya
- When a nephew is very angry, his maternal uncle is tolerant, and when the maternal uncle commits an offense, the nephew does not take it very seriously
- When Krsna arrived in the city of Indraprastha, Bhima was so overwhelmed with joy that, with tears in his eyes and a smiling face, he immediately embraced his maternal cousin
- When Kunti, the mother of Pandavas, saw her nephew Krsna, the SPG, she was overpowered by love & affection. She at once got up from her bedstead & appeared before Him with her daughter-in-law, Draupadi, & in maternal love & affection she embraced Him
- When mother Saci was thus overwhelmed in maternal love for Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, she became transformed with happiness, fear and humility, as well as bodily symptoms
- When they (the cows) were coming down the hill (of Govardhana), their milk bags were pouring milk on the ground out of intense maternal affection for the calves, although they were not their own calves
- While going to the maternity home to attend to the delivery case of the brahmana's wife, Arjuna remembered Lord Siva, and not his friend Krsna
- While mother Yasoda was thinking in this high philosophical way, Lord Krsna again expanded His internal energy just to bewilder her with maternal affection. Immediately mother Yasoda forgot all philosophical speculation & accepted Krsna as her own child
- Within the prison of His maternal uncle Kamsa, where His father and mother were confined, Krsna appeared outside His mother's body as the four-handed Visnu-Narayana