This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Krsna Is Not Lowborn (1 P)
- ► Low Caste (1 C, 21 P)
Pages in category "Lowborn"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- A person born in a low family is not unfit for discharging devotional service to Lord Krsna, nor is one fit for devotional service simply because he is born in an aristocratic family of brahmanas
- A person who follows the Ratha-yatra car when the Rathas (Deities) pass in front or from behind, even if born of a lowly family, will surely be elevated to the position of achieving equal opulence with Visnu
- Any lowborn person - be he a Kirata, Huna, Andhra, Pulinda, Pulkasa, Abhira, Sumbha, Yavana, Khasa or even lower - can be delivered to the highest transcendental position by the mercy of Vaisnavas
- Any lowborn person can be purified by the guidance of a pure devotee of the Lord, for the Lord is extraordinarily powerful
- As far as the great devotees of the Lord are concerned, they can purify a degraded soul even by being seen by the lowborn, and what to speak of association
- As one can transform kamsa, or bell metal, into gold by treating it with mercury, one can also turn a lowborn man into a brahmana by initiating him properly into Vaisnava activities
- At the end of Kali-yuga when the power of government is transferred to the hands of ministers elected from the lowborn sudra class or those less than them, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser
- Bhagavad-gita clearly says (striyo vaisyas tatha sudrah (BG 9.32)) that such a body (of a woman) is lowborn
- By His (Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's) transcendental association He elevated many lowborn, or those disqualified by birth or action, to the status of devotional service and established them in the position of acaryas, or authorities
- By nature I am lowborn. I am a contaminated reservoir of sinful activities. If You touch me, Sir, that will be a great offense on my part
- Even the low-born candalas and those who are born in a family of unbelievers, and even the prostitutes, shall attain perfection of life if they take shelter of unalloyed devotional service to Me
- Evidence can be quoted from authoritative sastras showing how a lowborn person can become the spiritual master of the entire world
- I am a most lowborn person. I have no knowledge of good behavior. How is it possible for me to write authorized directions about Vaisnava activities
- I am foolish, lowborn and insignificant, and I always desire material enjoyment; yet by the order of the Vaisnavas I am greatly enthusiastic to write this transcendental literature
- I am lowborn. Indeed, I am the lowest. I am condemned, for I have all the characteristics of a sinful man. If You keep me alive, what will be the profit
- If a candala, a lowborn person, is a devotee and has fully surrendered unto the lotus feet of the Lord, he can purify his entire family
- If one takes shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, however, he can be elevated to the highest perfection, even though he be lowborn
- If Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu descended to reclaim sinners, then one who is the most sinful and lowborn is the first candidate for the Lord’s consideration
- If You would please manifest Yourself within my heart and personally direct me in writing this book, then, although I am lowborn, I may hope to be able to write it
- In BG (9.32) Krsna says: "O son of Prtha, those who take shelter in Me - though they be lowborn, women, vaisyas (merchants) or sudras (workers) - can approach the supreme destination." The word papa-yoni refers to those who are less than sudras
- In India there was agitation during Gandhi's political movement because the lowborn classes of men like street-sweepers and candalas are prohibited, according to the Vedic system, from entering the temple. Due to their unclean habits they are prohibited
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord says, "O son of Prtha, even the low-born candalas and those who are born in a family of unbelievers, and even the prostitutes, shall attain perfection of life if they take shelter of unalloyed devotional service to Me"
- It does not matter if one is born of low grade family
- It is irrefutable that a candala, or any fallen or lowborn person, can become a brahmana simply by the method of bona fide initiation
- Let this lowborn body fall down before You. You can make possible this perfection of all my desires
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu followed this principle (of higher association) in pursuance of the Vedic usages, and by His transcendental association He elevated many lowborn, or those disqualified by birth or action, to the status of devotional service
- Mature sinful activities are exhibited if one is suffering from some chronic disease, if one is suffering from some legal implication, if one is born in a low and degraded family, or if one is uneducated or very ugly
- My dear Lord, anyone who always keeps Your holy name on his tongue is greater than an initiated brahmana. Although he may be born in a family of dog-eaters and therefore, by material calculations, be the lowest of men, he is glorious nevertheless
- On behalf of the general populace, Sanatana Gosvami presented himself as a foolish, lowborn, poorly behaved person, although he was a most exalted personality
- One should overlook a devotee's having a body born in a low family, a body with a bad complexion, a deformed body, or a diseased or infirm body
- One who is brought under the lotus feet of the Lord by the endeavor of the Lord's servant, the spiritual master, is certainly immediately purified, however lowborn he may be. He becomes eligible to return home, back to Godhead
- Only the drinking water remained, and there was only enough to satisfy one person, but when the King was just about to drink it, a candala appeared and said, "O King, although I am lowborn, kindly give me some drinking water"
- Parvata Muni continued, My dear friend Narada Muni, you are glorified as the sage among the demigods. By your mercy, even a lowborn person like this hunter can immediately become attached to Lord Krsna
- Parvata Muni tells Narada, "My dear Narada, of all saintly persons you are so great and glorious that simply by your good wishes a lowborn hunter also has become a great, elevated devotee of Lord Krsna"
- Prahlada Maharaja speaks of the vipras, the learned brahmanas. The learned brahmana is considered best among the divisions of brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya and sudra, but a devotee born in a low candala family is better than such brahmanas
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "I was born in a low family, and my associates are all low-class men. I myself am fallen and am the lowest of men. Indeed, I have passed my whole life fallen in the well of sinful materialism"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "I was born in a low family, for my family commits all kinds of irreligious acts that violate the scriptural injunctions"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "My dear Lord, I am a very lowborn person. Indeed, I am a servant to lowborn people; therefore I am very, very downtrodden. Nonetheless, You have taught me conclusions unknown even to Lord Brahma"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu preached about devotional service, ecstatic love and the Absolute Truth by making Ramananda Raya, a grhastha born in a low family, the speaker
- Suta Gosvami did not take his birth in a brahmana family. He was born in a family of mixed caste, or an uncultured low family
- The King said, "Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has descended just to deliver all kinds of sinful, lowborn persons. Consequently He has delivered sinners like Jagai and Madhai"
- The Lord (Krsna) remains within the heart of many lowborn living entities, but that does not mean He is lowborn
- The mass of people, especially in this age of Kali, are all born sudras, basically lowborn, ill-trained, unfortunate and badly associated. They themselves do not know the highest perfectional aim of life
- The shameless husbands of lowborn sudra women live exactly like animals, and therefore they have no good behavior, cleanliness or regulated life
- There are many people who are foolish, low-born and misbehaved and who have no entrance into the revealed scriptures and injunctions, and therefore they are called nirgrantha
- There Hiranyaksa fell at Varuna's feet like a lowborn man, and to make fun of him he said with a smile, "Give me battle, O Supreme Lord!"
- Though a person may be from a lowborn family, if he is engaged in the Lord's service he should never be considered to belong to a lowborn family
- To vanquish the false pride of so-called renunciants and learned scholars, He spreads real religious principles, even through a sudra, or lowborn, fourth-class man
- To vanquish the false pride of so-called renunciates and learned scholars, He spreads real religious principles, even through a sudra, or lowborn, fourth-class man