Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
lesson | lessoned | lessoning | lessons
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Lessons"
The following 84 pages are in this category, out of 84 total.
- Although atma, the self, is different from this body - that is the first lesson in spiritual life - still, this body, although temporary, but as soon as you accept this material body you will have to suffer according to the body
- Another lesson is that if we fight amongst ourselves, even we belong to the family of Krsna, we are ruined. This is the instance of Yadu-kula
- Balarama said to Yamuna "You wretched river! You didn't care for My order. Now I shall teach you a lesson! You didn't come to Me voluntarily. Now with the help of My plow I shall force you to come. I shall divide you into hundreds of scattered streams"
- Balarama said, "Don’t you (Kurus) even think that Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, can sit on the exalted royal throne and command everyone? All right! If your thinking is like that, you deserve to be taught a very good lesson"
- Bhagavad-gita, which is direct krsna-katha, gives humanity the elementary lesson that the body is perishable and that the consciousness which is spread throughout the body is imperishable
- By the example of Pariksit Maharaja, we can take the lesson that we do not know when we shall die, but before death we have to become competent in Krsna consciousness
- Even in the ordinary moral codes (maintained by Canakya Pandita, the great politician and moralist) there is no harm in taking lessons from a person who may be by birth less than a sudra
- Even it is little offensive, still these rascals should be taught good lesson. Yes. They're misleading. Godlessness. As soon as you say "God created", immediately they become arrogant. That is our protest. If they accept God, then we give them all credit
- Everyone is in ignorance due to long separation from God. And when he is given lesson, instruction how to become God conscious, how to love God, that is real life
- He (Rukmi) condemned Krsna as the most abominable descendant of the Yadu dynasty and asked Him to stand before him for a minute so that he could teach Him a good lesson
- His (Balarama) exemplary action in performing sacrifices was only to give a lesson to the common man to show how one should abide by the injunctions of the Vedas
- Human life should be sober. He should... Therefore the first beginning of real life is to understand that "I am not this body." This is the first lesson. But where is that education? Throughout the whole world, go anywhere
- I came here not to ask for any money. But I want to give lesson. This is brahmana's business
- I want to start a center in India at the birth-site of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu specially for accommodating non-Indian students for taking lessons in this great transcendental art
- If one associates with Krsna, if one talks with Krsna, he must be very abhijnah, very learned, because he takes lessons from Krsna. Therefore Krsna's knowledge is perfect, therefore, because he takes knowledge from Krsna, his knowledge is also perfect
- If one becomes puffed up and acts whimsically he will be punished by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is the lesson to learn from this history, in which Parasurama became angry at Kartaviryarjuna and killed him
- If you don't become servant of Krsna, then you have to become servant of the dog. This is nature's way. Therefore intelligent person will take lesson from it
- Illusioned living entities are given a chance at intervals to rectify their perverted mentality of becoming false masters of the material nature, and they are imparted lessons from the Vedas about their eternal relationship with the Supreme Lord Krsna
- In the beginning I was seriously corresponding with Indian friends to get good mrdanga players, but when I found it too difficult some students were given rudimentary lessons in playing & simply by practice they are putting on Sankirtana Party everywhere
- In the Fourth Chapter Krsna states that He can remember instructing the lessons of the Bhagavad-gita some millions of years ago to the sun-god, Vivasvan
- In the prison house sometimes the head of the country goes to visit, to see, to inspect how the prison life is going on or to give them some instruction, some good lesson, that "Why you are rotting in prison? You become good citizen"
- In the varnasrama system the student goes to the asrama of the master to take lessons from him and serve him, even as a menial servant
- Karna challenged Samba, "Why are you fleeing? Just stand, and we shall teach you a lesson!"
- King Indra was certainly a devotee, not a demon, but because he was puffed up, Krsna wanted to teach him a lesson. He first made Indra angry by stopping the Indra-puja, which had been arranged by the cowherd men in Vrndavana
- Krsna is perfect. If we take lessons from Krsna, instruction from Krsna, then we get perfect knowledge. That is the process of studying Bhagavad-gita. If you accept Krsna as ordinary human being, then we are befooled
- Material scientists should take lessons from the utterances of Sri Brahma regarding our insignificance in comparison to God
- Men with a poor fund of knowledge and men who are not austere cannot understand the wonders of the individual atomic spark of spirit, even though it is explained by the greatest authority of knowledge, who imparted lessons even to Brahma
- Modern politicians should take lessons from Maharaja Yudhisthira about voluntary retirement from active life and should make room for the younger generation
- Nitya-siddha devotees come from Vaikuntha to this material world to teach, by their personal example, how to become a devotee. The living entities in this material world can take lessons from such nitya-siddha devotees
- Nobody required to be taught how he has to make sexual intercourse. Nobody has to be taken, I mean, given lesson how he can become intoxicated. Don't you see that the intoxicants, intoxicated person, they have become automatically?
- One must be eager to hear. Lesson, everything is hearing. You go to school, college. What purpose you pay the school fee, college fee? For hearing. You hear from the learned professor, teacher, you sit down and you get knowledge
- One should not, therefore, impede the activities of a Vaisnava. This is the lesson we must learn from this incident concerning Saubhari Muni
- One should take lessons from the acts of Maharaja Yudhisthira. He was afraid of sins committed on the battlefield, and therefore he wanted to satisfy the supreme authority
- Our purpose is to introduce these Krsna pastimes all over the world so that they may take lesson that they are seeking after happiness - the happiness is with Krsna, not in the material world. Then you'll be successful
- Ravana was an aggressor against Rama because Ravana kidnapped Rama's wife, Sita, but Lord Rama gave him sufficient lessons, unparalleled in the history of the world
- Retired old gentlemen should take lessons from Yudhisthira and leave home for spiritual realization before forcefully dragged away to meet death
- Rohinidevi rebuked Mother Yasoda, "You may be very expert in giving lessons to your son by binding Him (Krsna) with rope, but don't you look to see if your son is in a dangerous spot? The trees are falling on the ground, and He is simply loitering there"
- Rukmi said, "This cowherd boy (Krsna) has become proud of His tricky way of fighting with ksatriyas, today I shall teach Him a good lesson. Because He had the impudence to kidnap my sister, I, with my sharp arrows, shall teach Him good lessons indeed"
- Rupa Gosvami was given lesson for ten days continually at Allahabad, Prayaga, Dasasvamedha-ghata. As a result of his instruction, he first wrote this Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, which we have translated into English, Nectar of Devotion
- Sanatana Gosvami is the best example to follow, how one should approach a guru, how one should take lesson from guru, how he should understand to make his life successful
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya says that "This movement, Krsna consciousness movement enunciated by, inaugurated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, what is this? Vairagya-vidya. This is the instructional lesson, or education, vidya, education"
- Similarly, Srimad-Bhagavatam explains that Krsna imparted knowledge into the heart of Brahma, the first created being within the universe. Brahma imparted those lessons to his disciple Narada, and Narada imparted that knowledge to his disciple Vyasadeva
- So after Sisupala, his friend and intended brother-in-law, returned home, Rukmi, very much agitated, was determined to teach Krsna a lesson personally
- Summarizing this chapter (the Chastisement of Junior Haridasa), Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura says that one should derive from it the following lessons...
- Take this one criterion: anything you want to learn from somebody, first of all you see whether that somebody is a devotee of Krsna; otherwise don't take any lesson
- That system of religion is first class wherein the followers are given lessons how to love God. Unfortunately, at the present moment there is no question of how to teach them for loving God. They deny the existence of God. This is the present situation
- The elder members of the family, such as Bhisma, wanted to arrest him (Samba). Thus all the members of the Kuru dynasty, especially the great fighters, joined together just to teach him a lesson, and Karna was made the commander in chief
- The historical references to exalted kings serve as a good example for present rulers. Those who are ruling the world at the present moment should take lessons from King Gaya, King Yudhisthira and King Prthu
- The Kurus thought, "If they (Yadus) come to challenge us because their son was arrested, we shall accept the fight & teach them a lesson, automatically they will be subdued under pressure, as the senses are subdued by the mystic yoga process of pranayam"
- The Lord blessed Brahma, after giving him lessons on the Bhagavatam, that he would never be bewildered in any kalpa whatsoever
- The members of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness must take a lesson from the life of Bharata Maharaja to be very cautious and to see that not a single moment is wasted in frivolous talk, sleep or voracious eating
- The modern education, they are simply giving lessons on some art, generally known as technology. So by that advancement of knowledge we can construct high skyscraper building, nice motorcar, nice airplane, nice machine. That is art
- The rascals, fools, if you give them good lessons, education, they will be angry. Prakopayati na samayati. Payah panam bhujanganam. The snake, if you give him nice milk and banana, the result will be he will increase his poison
- The toleration of the tree is explained by Lord Krsna Himself, and those who are engaged in the preaching of Krsna consciousness should learn lessons from the teachings of Lord Krsna and Lord Caitanya through Their direct disciplic succession
- The Vedic literatures are taught in higher planets also, as there is reference in the Bhagavad-gita about the teachings to the sun-god (Vivasvan) by the Lord, and such lessons are transferred by disciplic succession
- These princes were very much puffed up with their worldly possessions and did not care a fig for anyone who came before them. In order to teach them some lessons, I agreed to kidnap you according to your desire; otherwise I actually have no love for you
- They (Krsna, Lord Caitanya or His representatives) come to canvass and educate, and thus a person in the illusory energy of the Supreme Lord gets a chance to mix with them, talk with them and take lessons from them
- "They do not know what are the "do's" and what are the "do not's." This is the first qualification of the asuras. They do not know. Because they do not like to take lesson from superior. They manufacture their own lesson
- They said, "Haridasa has committed a small offense. Therefore, O Lord, please be merciful to him. Now he has received a sufficient lesson. In the future he will not commit such an offense"
- This is a lesson for the living entities (Brahma giving up his body because he was ashamed that he was sexually inclined to his own daughter), showing how sinful an act it is to indulge in unrestricted sex life
- This time, to teach Rukmi a lesson, Krsna shot six arrows at him and then shot another eight arrows, killing four horses with four arrows, killing the chariot driver with another arrow
- This verse definitely proves that Srila Sukadeva Gosvami did not refuse to teach Suta Gosvami about the transcendental science nor did the sages of Naimisaranya refuse to hear lessons from him because of his inferior birth
- Those already born in Bharata-varsa should take lessons from the sastras and guru and should fully take advantage of the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in order to be fully equipped with Krsna consciousness
- To give training to at least 7 to 10 educated young men in the "parampara lessons of Bhagavad-gita and then to "Brahma Sutra, Bhagavata & Caitanya Caritamrta
- To show his prestige, Rukmi promised all the returning kings, "You could not help Sisupala marry my sister, Rukmini, but I cannot allow Rukmini to be taken away by Krsna. I shall teach Him a lesson. Now I am going to follow Him
- To teach a lesson on sex life to devotees and to human society in general, Lord Sri Ramacandra, although the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, underwent a series of tribulations because He accepted a wife, mother Sita
- Unless one is conversant with the teachings of the lessons of sastra, he is not to be considered as a human being. Actually that is so, unless one comes to the principles of dharma and asrama, one is not to be considered as a human
- Unless one takes his lessons from Krsna or His bona fide representative, one must inevitably misunderstand the import of karma-yoga, as do the ordinary mundaners who often advertise themselves as karma-yoga experts
- We instruct our children: "If you want to be educated in higher status of life, go to school, go to college, take lesson." That is human society. The dog's father will never ask the dog child, "Go to school." No. They are dogs
- We should not take lessons of God from these rascals. We should take lessons of God from sastra, from guru and from sadhu -- one who has seen God, tattva-darsina
- What I want to do immediately are as follows: To hold consecutive meetings at different Mohallus & houses of Delhi for impressing the ideas of the mission. To give training to at least 7 to 10 educated young men in the parampara lessons of Bhagavad-gita
- Where is the difficulty in finding a guru? If one is sincere he can find the guru and learn everything. One should take lessons from the guru and find out the goal of life
- With great respect and attention, one should receive the message and lessons imparted by the Srimad-Bhagavatam