"learned man"|"learned men"|"learned man's"
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Learned Man"
The following 60 pages are in this category, out of 60 total.
- A learned man does not look upon the dresses that externally cover the living entity, but sees the pure soul within the varieties of dress and knows very well that the varieties of dress are the creation of nescience (avidya-racitam)
- A learned man never laments over a subject which appears and disappears as a matter of course. The material body, which we get from the womb of our mother, becomes transformed after some time into ashes, earth, or stool, as the case may be
- A learned man takes the essence of knowledge from all places, just as a bumblebee collects honey from each and every flower
- A learned man treats all women except his wife as his mother, looks on others' property as garbage in the street, and treats others as he would treat his own self
- A saintly person can tolerate all kinds of miserable conditions of life, a learned man can discharge his duties without awaiting favorable circumstances, a heinous person like Kamsa can act in any sinful way
- According to Vedic culture, learned men consider all natural products, such as food grains, fruits, flowers, and milk, to be God-sent. No one can manufacture these things in man-made factories
- According to Vedic culture, learned men consider all natural products, such as food grains, fruits, flowers, and milk, to be God-sent. Spiritually cultured men feel obliged to the Lord when they get sufficient natural foodstuffs by the grace of the Lord
- Akrura continued, "The water of His (Krsna's) lotus feet purifies the three worlds, and now He has kindly come to my place. Who in the three worlds among factually learned men will not take shelter of Your lotus feet and surrender unto You"
- All learned men say that the five elements, eternal time, fruitive activity, the three modes of material nature, and the varieties produced by these modes are all creations of yogamaya
- Among the munis, or learned men conversant in Vedic knowledge, Vyasa is the greatest because he explained Vedic knowledge in many different ways for the understanding of the common mass of people in this Age of Kali
- Even householder life, however, cannot harm a self-satisfied, learned man who has conquered his senses
- Even if a learned man is able to count all the minute atoms in this material world, he still cannot count the potencies of Lord Visnu
- Even the most learned man cannot understand the words, activities and symptoms of a person situated in love of Godhead
- Every learned man knows very well that attachment for the material is the greatest entanglement of the spirit soul. But that same attachment, when applied to the self-realized devotees, opens the door of liberation
- If one desires to be a greatly learned man he should worship Lord Siva
- If we can get some Chinese followers of this cult, it will be a great success. I know that amongst the Chinese there are many scholars & learned cultured gentlemen. To convince them will be easier than others, even though they are of Buddhist philosophy
- In a meeting of learned men, when there are congratulations or addresses for the speaker, the qualifications of the congratulator should be as follows. He must be the leader of the house and an elderly man. He must be vastly learned also
- In other words, by the transcendental bliss realized from constant engagement in devotional service, one is completely liberated from material existence. All learned men know this
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that a learned man looks upon a well educated Brahmin who is well behaved by education and so also upon a candala who is accustomed to eat the dogs. And what is the purport of this equal vision?
- In the Western countries, where the Hare Krsna movement is spreading, learned scholars and other thoughtful men are realizing its effectiveness
- It is my wish that devotees of Lord Caitanya all over the world enjoy this translation, and I am glad to express my gratitude to the learned men in the Western countries who are so pleased with my work
- It is said that the senses are so mad and strong that they can bewilder even the most sensible and learned man
- Learned man does not lament over a dead body or a living body
- Learned men do give much stress to the happiness and distress of the soul proper, which is spirit and transcends the existence of the body and the mind. When we enter into such culture of knowledge, it is called transcendental knowledge
- Learned men perform all their activities for transcendental results and thus direct all their activities toward the transcendental service of the Personality of Godhead
- Lord Krsna is very kind to His devotees. He is always very grateful and magnanimous, and He possesses all abilities. A learned man does not give up Krsna to worship anyone else
- My dear Lord, please pacify your anger completely and hear patiently whatever I submit before you. Please turn your kind attention to this. I may be very poor, but a learned man takes the essence of knowledge from all places
- My dear Lord, You are very affectionate to Your devotees. You are also a truthful and grateful friend. Where is that learned man who would give You up and surrender to someone else
- O learned one, in this iron age of Kali men have but short lives. They are quarrelsome, lazy, misguided, unlucky and, above all, always disturbed
- One should see to the duhkha, unhappiness, on account of birth and death. So suppose you will get next life in the heavenly planet, or you shall become very rich man, or you shall become very learned man, but you have to go through these distresses, janma
- Our bhakti process, bhakti-yoga process is hearing. The more you give aural reception to the transcendental message, more you become expert. You haven't got to become a Ph.D. or very learned fellow, or very scholar
- Our point is that suppose if you are rich man, suppose if you are very learned man; you are not free from the stringent laws of material world
- The body may be fat or thin, but no learned man would say such things of the spirit soul. As far as the spirit soul is concerned, I am neither fat nor skinny; therefore you are correct when you say that I am not very stout
- The cause of the conditioned soul's material body and senses, and the senses' presiding deities, the demigods, is the material nature. This is understood by learned men
- The learned man who knows perfectly well that the anti-material particle is indestructible knows that it cannot be annihilated by any means
- The mind is the root cause of lust, anger, pride, greed, lamentation, illusion and fear. Combined, these constitute bondage to fruitive activity. What learned man would put faith in the mind
- The senses are so mad and strong that they can bewilder even the most sensible and learned man. Therefore it is advised that one should not indulge in living alone even with one's mother, sister or daughter
- The Supreme Lord said, To give up the results of all activities is called renunciation (tyaga) by the wise. And that state is called the renounced order of life (sannyasa) by great learned men. BG 18.2 - 1972
- The whole system of education is geared to sense gratification, and if a learned man thinks it over, he sees that the children of this age are being intentionally sent to the slaughterhouses of so-called education
- There have been many imitation incarnations in Bengal since the appearance of Lord Caitanya, but any impartial devotee or learned man can understand that Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was accepted as an incarnation of Krsna...
- Thus a learned man does not look upon the dresses that externally cover the living entity, but sees the pure soul within the varieties of dress
- Thus learned men describe the births and activities of the unborn and inactive, which is undiscoverable even in the Vedic literatures. He is the Lord of the heart
- We may say, "This vipra is a greatly learned man." In this sentence, the vipra is the subject, and the predicate is his erudition
- When a learned man attains to absolute vision, he can observe every living being - whether a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog, or a dog-eater - with equanimity
- Without great endeavor, those with a poor fund of knowledge cannot give up sense enjoyment, especially in relation to sex, because a beautiful woman bewilders even the most learned man
- Women in general, being very simple at heart, can very easily take to KC, and when they develop love of Krsna they can easily get liberation from the clutches of maya, which are very difficult for even so-called intelligent and learned men to surpass
- Wrong and simply bad association has tightly bound up the innocent populace in mean activities. But the learned man, the karma-yogi, can show society how to perform all these activities for the satisfaction of the Lord