Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Krsna and Radharani
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Krsna and Radharani"
The following 125 pages are in this category, out of 125 total.
- A gopi once said to Krsna: "My dear son of Nanda Maharaj, by the sound of Your flute Srimati Radharani has become full of lamentation and fear, and thus, with faltering voice, She is crying like a kurobi bird"
- Abhimanyu did not like Radharani's association with Krsna, and therefore when Raktak saw Krsna in the dress of Abhimanyu and thus mistook His identity, he began to strongly rebuke Him
- Actually My (Lord Caitanya's) body does not have a fair complexion. It only appears so because it has touched the body of Srimati Radharani. However, She does not touch anyone but the son of Nanda Maharaja
- Actually She has no desire to stop Krsna's endeavor to touch Her body with His hands, yet Srimati Radharani, whose thighs are like the trunk of a baby elephant, protests His advances and, sweetly smiling, admonishes Him
- Advanced devotees prefer to reside at Radha-kunda because this place is the site of many memories of the eternal loving affairs between Krsna and Radharani
- After hearing Ramananda Raya speak of the qualities of Srimati Radharani and Krsna, Lord Caitanya desired to hear from him about the reciprocal exchange of love between Them
- After Krsna disappeared with Radharani during the rasa dance, the gopis wandered in the forest looking for Him. In the same way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wandered in that garden by the sea
- After offering obeisances, all the gopis dispersed. Then Srimati Radharani came and appeared before Lord Krsna
- After Radharani saw Krsna, sometimes She was walking hither and thither, sometimes She was laughing, sometimes She was covering Her face, sometimes She was talking without any meaning, and sometimes She was praying to Her associate gopis
- Although She (Radharani) is highly qualified with so many spiritual assets, She is nonetheless affected by the Cupid known as Krsna. Thus She is defeated
- Among all the gopis, Srimati Radharani is supermost and very dear to Lord Krsna
- Among all the gopis, Srimati Radharani is the most exalted. She is the most beautiful, the most qualified and, above all, the greatest lover of Krsna
- Among all the inhabitants of Vrndavana, the gopis are My (Krsna's) very life and soul. And among the gopis, You, Srimati Radharani, are the chief. Therefore You are the very life of My life
- As soon as Radharani gets a chance to see Krsna, Her body is suddenly decorated with various ecstatic ornaments
- As stated in the Brahma-samhita, ananda-cin-maya-rasa-pratibhavitabhih: in the spiritual world the associates of Krsna, especially the gopis, are manifestations of the pleasure potency of Lord Krsna. They are expansions of Srimati Radharani
- As stated in the Vedic versions, the Supreme Personality of Godhead has multipotencies. According to expert opinion, Kubja represents the bhu-sakti potency of Krsna, just as Srimati Radharani represents His cit-sakti potency
- As Subala always assisted Krsna in His dealings with Radharani in krsna-lila, so Ramananda Raya assisted Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu in His feelings of separation from Krsna
- At home Srimati Radharani had made various types of sweetmeats from milk and sugar, such as gangajala, amrtakeli, piyusagranthi, karpurakeli, sarapuri, amrti, padmacini and khanda-ksirisara-vrksa. She had then brought them all for Krsna
- At the same time Radharani could see Krsna nearby, as well as Her own husband, Abhimanyu. So all of these things combined to make Radharani feel very much ashamed, and with Her face shrivelled She began to look very beautiful
- Because She (Radharani) is a left-wing gopi, Her womanly anger is always awakening, but Krsna derives transcendental bliss from Her activities
- By His impudent and daring talks about sex indulgence, Krsna obliged Srimati Radharani to close Her eyes, and taking advantage of this, Krsna painted many pictures on Her breasts
- Devotees at Vrndavana try to serve the gopis, namely Radharani and Her associates. If one gains the favor of the gopis, he easily gains the favor of Krsna because on the recommendation of the gopis Krsna at once accepts the service of a devotee
- Do not expect honor, but offer all respect to others. Always chant the holy name of Lord Krsna, and within your mind render service to Radha and Krsna in Vrndavana
- During the season of springtime, when the rasa dance was going on, suddenly Krsna disappeared from the scene, indicating that He wanted to be alone with Srimati Radharani
- During this rasa dance Krsna disappeared all of a sudden with Radharani, and the gopis began to search Him out. At that time they addressed the earth and began to say
- Hare: "O the energy of God, 'Krsna,' O the Lord, please engage me in Your service." Because we are now engaged in the service of Satan, maya
- He brought Srimati Radharani to a bower by signaling with His flute. Then He entered within that bower to perform pastimes with Her
- How wonderful it is that I have never seen such a beautiful form! Although it is My own form, still, like Radharani, I am trying to embrace this form and enjoy celestial bliss
- "I did not engage myself in the loving transcendental service of Radha and Krsna." Radha-krsna na bhajiya, janiya suniya bisa khainu: "Willingly, purposefully, I have drunk poison"
- I do not know what is the length and breadth of the space, but a throne of Radha Krishna may be made exactly on the pattern of Los Angeles, and the sample picture is sent herewith for your guidance
- I think it would be very nice if you would make nice silver jewellery for the Radha-Damodara Deities and in this way your talent will be used in the most perfect way
- In front of Srimati Radharani, Sri Krsna had to hide the two extra arms. He tried His best to keep four arms before Her, but He was completely unable to do so
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika Srila Pundarika Vidyanidhi is described as the father of Srimati Radharani in krsna-lila
- In Vrndavana all the pure devotees pray for the mercy of Srimati Radharani, the pleasure potency of Lord Krsna
- It is not that Radharani is separate from Krsna. Radharani is also Krsna, for there is no difference between the energy and the energetic. Without energy, there is no meaning to the energetic, and without the energetic, there is no energy
- Kanti may also mean "all the desires of Lord Krsna." All the desires of Lord Krsna rest in Srimati Radharani
- Krsna continued, "People expected that I would follow in the footsteps of My foster father, Nanda Maharaja, and be faithful to Srimati Radharani and all Her friends in the village of Vrndavana. But all of a sudden I left them"
- Krsna embraced Srimati Radharani in such an expert manner that He appeared to be celebrating the dancing ceremony of the peacocks
- Krsna is My (Radharani's) life and soul. Krsna is the treasure of My life. Indeed, Krsna is the very life of My life. I therefore keep Him always in My heart and try to please Him by rendering service. That is My constant meditation
- Krsna is the transcendental male, and Radharani is the transcendental female. Therefore, to know the transcendental pleasure of loving Krsna, Lord Krsna Himself appeared as Lord Caitanya, accepting the emotions and bodily luster of Srimati Radharani
- Krsna quarreled with Radharani, & all the gopis hid themselves in a cluster of white lotus flowers. They submerged their bodies up to their necks in the water. Only their faces floated above the surface, & the faces were indistinguishable from the lotuses
- Krsna said, "But by Her bodily features and counter words She neglects Me. And I even possess unlimited pleasure by Her neglect of Me, for She becomes so beautiful that She increases My pleasure one hundred times"
- Krsna was always very silent about His love affairs with Radharani, so much so that Baladeva, Krsna's elder brother and constant companion, could not understand the transformations of Krsna on account of His gravity
- Kutila said, "Krsna, You are standing here, and Radharani, who has just been married to my brother, is also standing here. Now I know both of You very well, so why should I not be very anxious to protect my sister-in-law from Your dancing eyes"
- Lord Caitanya is combined form of Radha Krsna. If Caitanya is pleased, Radha and Krsna automatically become pleased
- Lord Krsna was in the water of the Yamuna in the company of the gopis, headed by Srimati Radharani. They were performing pastimes in a great sporting manner
- Lord Krsna, Srimati Radharani, everyone, has changed His position. I do not think there is any possibility of rectifying now, but in future please take special care for this
- Lord Krsna, the enemy of Kamsa, left aside the other gopis during the rasa dance and took Srimati Radharani to His heart, for She is the helper of the Lord in realizing the essence of His desires
- My dear Krsna, formerly, when You were staying in Mathura, You sent Uddhava to teach Me speculative knowledge and mystic yoga. Now You Yourself are speaking the same thing, but My mind doesn't accept it
- My dear Radharani, in separation from Krsna You are now as still as the most beautiful tree, whose gracefulness is not blocked by any covering of leaves. Your tranquil mood makes You appear to be completely merged in Brahman realization
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "One more qualified than Me is impossible to find in the world. But in Radha alone I feel the presence of one who can give Me pleasure"
- One day Srimati Radharani was churning curd for Krsna. At that time the jeweled bangles on Her hands were circling around, and She was also chanting the holy name of Krsna. All of a sudden She thought
- One day, in a joking mood, Krsna informed Radharani, "My dear Radharani, I am going to give up Your company." Upon saying this, He immediately disappeared
- One gopi gave a message to Krsna that Radharani, because of Her separation from Him and because of Her enchantment with the flavor of His flower garlands, was rolling on the ground, thereby bruising Her soft body
- One of the gopis, namely Srimati Radharani, was so much absorbed in thoughts of Krsna by dint of Her personal touch with Him that She actually began to talk with a bumblebee which was flying there and trying to touch Her lotus feet
- Only one who is very highly elevated in spiritual realization can understand the lusty feelings exchanged between Radha and Krsna, or between Krsna and the damsels of Vraja
- Our prayer of the Hare Krishna Mantra means addressing Radha and Krishna for being engaged in Their service. Hare Krishna means "Oh Hare, Oh Radharani! Oh Krishna! Please engage me in Your service so that I can get relief from the service of Maya"
- Radha continued, "I do not know how she has become so captivated by Krsna, why she is so much attached to Krsna, although she knows His actual character. Maybe she is so much captivated by Krsna's sweet words that she cannot understand His real character"
- Radha continued, "You are just trying to pacify Me by your behavior as a flatterer, therefore you have put your head under My feet. But I know the trick you are trying to play. I know that you are a messenger coming from an even greater trickster, Krsna"
- Radha is the beloved consort of Krsna, and She is the wealth of His life. Without Her, the gopis cannot give Him pleasure
- Radharani addressed the bumblebee: As far as We are concerned, We are more intelligent than the goddess of fortune. We are not going to be cheated anymore by Krsna or His messengers
- Radharani can deliver Krsna. She is so great devotee, the emblem of maha-bhagavata
- Radharani continued, "I (Srimati Radharani) can see on your mustaches the red powder of kunkuma which was smeared on the flower garland of Krsna while it was pressed against the breasts of some other girl who is My competitor"
- Radharani continued, "The only physician for this disease is Krsna Himself, but He is not taking care of this sprouting plant of devotional service. What can I say about the behavior of Krsna"
- Radharani is hari-priya, very dear to Krsna. So if we approach Krsna through Radharani, through the mercy of Radharani, then it becomes very easy
- Radharani's friend said, "My dear Krsna, You have been very much obliging in serving the form of our Sri Radharani, and now You have left all the other gopis to search for Her. Please allow me to inquire how You want Her to treat You"
- Resting one hand on the shoulder of Srimati Radharani, holding a lotus flower in the other, and being followed by a swarm of bumblebees maddened by the fragrance of tulasi flowers
- Rupa Gosvami states that there are two competitors in loving Krsna - Radharani and Candravali. When they are compared, it appears that Radharani is superior, for She is mahabhava-svarupa
- Since Krsna had departed from Vrndavana and gone to Mathura, the inhabitants of Vrndavana, especially mother Yasoda, Nanda Maharaja, Srimati Radharani, the gopis and the cowherd boys, were simply thinking of Krsna at every step
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has stated that devotional service attracts even Krsna. Krsna attracts everyone, but devotional service attracts Krsna. The symbol of devotional service in the highest degree is Radharani
- Srimati Radharani continued, "In the same way, we have been enchanted by the sweet words of Krsna, & by thinking of the rays of His toenails again & again, we are becoming more & more lusty for His association. I request you not to talk of Krsna anymore"
- Srimati Radharani is a mine filled with valuable jewels of love for Krsna. Her transcendental body is complete with unparalleled spiritual qualities
- Srimati Radhika is very dear to Lord Krsna, and similarly Her ponds, namely, Syama-kunda and Radha-kunda, are also very dear to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- That mahabhava is not possible in the ordinary human being, but it is possible for the gopis, for Radharani. They cannot live without Krsna. That is the highest stage of perfection or liberation
- The beloved consorts of Lord Krsna are of three kinds: the goddesses of fortune, the queens, and the milkmaids of Vraja, who are the foremost of all. These consorts all proceed from Radhika
- The elderly persons like Nanda Maharaja and Yasodadevi, the friends like Sridama, Sudama and the other cowherd boys, the gopis like Srimati Radharani and Her associates, and even the birds, beasts, cows and calves are attracted (by Krsna)
- The gopis continued, "She must have taken Krsna into the deep forest and told Him, 'My dear Krsna, I am now very tired. I cannot go any further. Please carry Me wherever You like.’'
- The gopis said, "When Krsna was spoken to in this way, He might have told Radharani, 'All right, better get on My shoulder.' But immediately Krsna must have disappeared"
- The Gosvamis are crying, "Where is Krsna? Where is Radharani?" They're crying: ghosantav iti sarvato vraja-pure khedair maha-vihvalau. Mad. Mad after. This is the process of krsna-bhajana. Not that "I've seen just last night Krsna dancing with the gopis"
- The Gosvamis cried, "O gopis, where are You? Where are You, Srimati Radharani?" They never said, "We have now seen Radha and Krsna, and therefore our mission is fulfilled." Their mission remained always unfulfilled; they never met Radha and Krsna
- The Lord sometimes becomes mad after the beauty of Radharani. Poets describe that under those circumstances, although Lord Krsna is Madana-mohana, He becomes Madana-daha, or enchanted by the beauty of Radharani
- The six Gosvamis were so much enriched with the gopis’ feelings of separation that they enjoyed transcendental pleasure at every moment. Similarly, when Lord Caitanya was at Jagannatha Puri, He was in the role of Radharani, feeling separation from Krsna
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is never complete without His spiritual potencies; therefore unless one takes shelter of the gopis, one cannot enter into the company of Radha and Krsna
- There is another instance of anger on the part of a friend of Radharani's. When Radharani was dissatisfied with the behavior of Krsna and had stopped talking with Him, Krsna was very sorry for Radharani's great dissatisfaction
- There is constant competition between My sweetness and the mirror of Radha's love. They both go on increasing, but neither knows defeat
- These pictures (Krsna painted many pictures on Radharani's breasts) served as subject matter for Radharani's friends to joke about. Krsna was always engaged in such lusty activities, and thus He made His youthful life successful
- These talks of Radharani with the bumblebee messenger, including Her accusing Krsna in so many ways and at the same time expressing Her inability to give up talking about Him, are signs of the topmost transcendental ecstasy, called maha-bhava
- This is the test of Krsna consciousness. In the beginning they (the gopis) were a little envious that Krsna had taken Radharani alone, leaving aside all the other gopis
- Those who are in bodily consciousness and who desire sense gratification are forbidden to indulge in discussions of the transcendental pastimes of Sri Radha and Krsna
- Thus of all the devotees who have developed unalloyed devotional love for Krsna, the gopis are most exalted, and out of all these exalted gopis, Srimati Radharani is the highest
- We may spend anything and everything for the deity, as long as there is no scarcity, and by that lavish spending to glorify Radha and Krsna, they will become very much pleased upon you and bless you more and more
- What to speak of the other gopis, even Sri Radhika, who in every respect is the most elevated of them all and who has bound Sri Krsna forever by Her loving attributes, serves His feet as His maidservant
- When interpreted for Krsna, the night is understood to have been a dark-moon night, and when interpreted for Srimati Radharani, it is considered to have been a full-moon night
- When Krsna was absent from Vrndavana & was staying in Mathura, Srimati Radharani sent news to Him that His mother, the Queen of Braja, was feeling such separation from Him that there was foam coming from her mouth, like the foam on the shore of the ocean
- When Krsna was going to Mathura on the chariot driven by Akrura, Yasoda & all the gopis came to try to forbid Him to pass. At that time Radharani was so perturbed that in a faltering voice, She requested Mother Yasoda to please stop Akrura
- When Krsna was joking with Radharani in this way, Radharani moved her beautiful eyebrows crossly. Rupa Gosvami prays that everyone may become blessed by this movement of Srimati Radharani's eyebrows
- When Krsna was trying to capture the demon Sankha, Radharani began trembling out of fearfulness
- When Krsna went out to search for Srimati Radharani, He wandered here and there. Not finding Her, He became afflicted by the arrow of Cupid and began to lament
- When Radharani left the rasa dance out of anger and resentment, Lord Sri Krsna became very anxious because He could not see Her
- When Radharani was first introduced to Krsna, She felt very bashful
- When Srimati Radharani came there, Krsna could not maintain His four arms in Her presence. This is the wonderful glory of Her love
- When Srimati Radharani first saw Krsna, She suddenly became conscious of all transcendental happiness, and the functions of Her different limbs were stunned
- When Srimati Radharani saw Krsna enjoying Himself in the company of several other gopis, She became a little jealous because Her special prestige was being dimmed
- When Srimati Radharani saw Lord Krsna just before Her, Her progress stopped and She assumed an attitude of opposition. Although Her face was slightly covered by a blue garment, Her two starry eyes were agitated, being wide and curved
- When Srimati Radharani was decorated with the ornament of lalita alankara, just to increase Sri Krsna's love, an attractive curve was manifested by Her neck, knees and waist. This was brought about by Her timidity and apparent desire to avoid Krsna
- When the gopis began searching for Krsna, Srimati Radharani, being of very fine intelligence and thus knowing the situation of Her friends, immediately mingled in their midst
- When the nectar of Krsna's pastimes is sprinkled on Srimati Radharani, all Her friends, the gopis, immediately appreciate the pleasure a hundred times more than if they were sprinkled themselves. Actually this is not at all wonderful
- When the rasa dance was going on in full swing, Krsna left all the gopis and took only Srimati Radharani with Him
- When Uddhava came from Lord Krsna with a message for the gopis, all the gopis, especially Srimati Radharani, denounced Krsna in various ways. Such denunciations, however, reflect an exuberant loving attitude
- Whenever Srimati Radharani leaves Her house, She is always well dressed and attractive. It is Her womanly nature to attract Sri Krsna's attention, and upon seeing Her so attractively dressed, Sri Krsna desires to touch Her body
- Wherefrom the beauty worship has come in this material world unless there is beauty in the original form, Krsna and Radharani?
- While Radharani was talking with the bee and the bee was flying hither and thither, it all of a sudden disappeared from Her sight. She was in full mourning due to separation from Krsna and felt ecstasy by talking with the bee
- While speaking to Srimati Radharani, Krsna became very anxious to return to Vrndavana. He made Her listen to a verse which banished all Her difficulties and which assured Her that She would again attain Krsna
- Yajnapatni said, "One day Srimati Radharani, accompanied by Her associates, was taking rest in Her garden, and at that time Lord Sri Krsna arrived in that assembly"
- Yajnapatni said, "She (Radharani) was feeling ashamed and was absorbed in thought, and Krsna took the opportunity to mark Her breasts with different kinds of tilaka. Krsna proved Himself to be very expert in that art"
- Your (Radharani's) loving qualities always attract Me (Krsna) to Vrndavana. Indeed, they will bring Me back within ten or twenty days, and when I return I shall enjoy both day and night with You and all the damsels of Vrajabhumi