Category:Krsna and Lord Siva
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God and Lord Siva (2 C, 83 P)
Pages in category "Krsna and Lord Siva"
The following 207 pages are in this category, out of 207 total.
- A devotee of Krsna does not worship Lord Siva or Brahma or any other, subordinate demigod
- A devotee of Lord Krsna said, "When even Sasisekhara (Lord Siva) is unable to see You, what chance is there for me, who am lower than an ordinary worm? I have only committed misdeeds"
- A gopi told mother Yasoda, "Taking advantage of this opportunity, the most exalted demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva come down to offer their evening prayers, and they accompany the cowherd boys in glorifying the qualities of Krsna"
- A king named Kasiraja wanted to fight with Lord Krsna, and consequently he took shelter of Lord Siva to acquire the power to fight the Lord
- A person who is directly surrendered to Lord Krsna, or Visnu, in unalloyed devotional service is immediately promoted to the spiritual planets. Lord Siva and other demigods attain these planets after the destruction of this material world
- After decorating Himself (Krsna) (with cosmetics and ornaments), the Lord would then look at marble statues of the cow and calf and visit temples of God or demigods like Lord Siva
- After hearing Lord Siva's prayer, Lord Krsna replied, "My dear Lord Siva, I accept your statements, and I also accept your desire for Banasura. I know that this Banasura is the son of Bali Maharaja, and as such I cannot kill him, for that is My promise"
- Akrura was thrilled with expectations of seeing the very lotus feet which are worshiped by great demigods like Brahma, Narada and Lord Siva, which traverse the ground of Vrndavana, and which touch the breasts of the gopis, covered with tinges of kunkuma
- All glories of the Lord (Krsna) are especially known to the great mahajanas like Brahma, Siva, Narada, Kapila, Kumara and Bhisma, as mentioned above, and one is able to grasp it by their grace
- All the associates of Lord Krsna, such as Brahma, Siva, Narada, Suka and Sanatana Kumara, are very pleased in the sentiment of servitude
- All the demigods were created within this material world, but as far as Krsna is concerned, it is said that He is not created; therefore Krsna is different even from the great demigods like Brahma and Siva
- All the wives of Krsna were so exquisitely beautiful that their smiling and shyness were able to captivate the minds of great demigods like Siva. But still they could not even agitate the mind of Krsna, in spite of their attractive feminine behavior
- Although the devastated battlefield appeared like the dancing place of Lord Siva at the time of the dissolution of the world, the warriors on the side of Krsna were very much encouraged by seeing this, and they fought with greater strength
- Although You are present within this universe by Your three qualitative incarnations, Brahma, Visnu and Mahesvara, You are transcendental to the material creation
- Another gopi said, "Great demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva are always engaged in chanting the glories of Your (Krsna's) words. They do so to eradicate the sinful activities of all living entities in the material world"
- Arjuna prayed to the lord (Siva) in all humbleness, and the lord, being pleased with him, presented him the pasupata weapon. He acquired many other important weapons from different demigods
- Balarama said, "Great demigods like Lord Brahma, Siva and even the goddess of fortune and I are simply plenary parts of His spiritual identity, and still you (Kurus) think that He is not fit to use the royal insignia or even sit on the royal throne"
- Banasura's fighting with Krsna and later being saved by the grace of Lord Siva is confirmation of the statement in the Bhagavad-gita that the worshipers of demigods cannot achieve any benediction without its being sanctioned by the Supreme Lord, Krsna
- Behold the great fortune of the devotee Kholaveca. Lord Brahma and Siva shed tears upon seeing his greatness. One cannot attain Lord Krsna by any amount of wealth, followers, or learning. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is controlled only by pure devotion
- Being greatly harassed by the arrows of Krsna, all the associates of Lord Siva - the hobgoblins and ghostly Bhutas, Pretas and ksatriyas - left the battlefield
- Besides all of the above-mentioned fifty qualities, Lord Krsna possesses five more, which are sometimes partially manifested in the persons of Lord Brahma or Lord Siva
- Brahma could create many powerful demigods, including Lord Siva. So they are isvaras, or lords of the universe. But they are not the supreme powerful. The supreme powerful is Govinda, Lord Krsna. He is the Transcendence
- Brahma said, "Persons who are not in awareness of things as they are contemplate that I, Brahma, am the creator, Visnu is the maintainer, and Lord Siva is the annihilator"
- Brahma said, "Persons who are unaware of Your inconceivable energy cannot understand that You alone expand Yourself as the creator (Brahma), the maintainer (Visnu) and the annihilator (Siva)"
- Brahmaji collected the water emanating from the nails of His (Krsna's) feet in order to award it to Lord Siva as a worshipful welcome. This very water (the Ganges) is purifying the whole universe, including Lord Siva
- By hearing the sound of Krsna's flute they (Lord Siva, Lord Brahma, and Indra) humbly bow down and become grave from studying the sound vibrated
- By relating the incident of Vidyadhara's deliverance, they became more attached to Krsna. They had come to worship Lord Siva and Ambika, but the result was that they became more and more attached to Krsna
- By the worship of Sudaksina, Lord Siva was very much pleased, and he wanted to give a benediction to his devotee. Sudaksina's purpose was to kill Krsna, and therefore he prayed for a specific power by which to kill Him
- Demigods such as Lord Brahma, along with great sages and saintly persons, Siddhas, Caranas and Gandharvas - all being very curious to see the fight between Lord Siva and Lord Krsna and their assistants - hovered over the battlefield in their airplanes
- During the incarnation of Lord Caitanya to inaugurate the Krsna consciousness movement, even such personalities as Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and the four Kumaras took birth upon this earth, being allured by ecstatic love of Lord Krsna
- Formerly I received the holy name of Lord Rama from Lord Siva, but now, due to your association, I am greatly eager to chant the holy name of Lord Krsna
- From their very births, the nine great mystic yogis (Yogendras) were impersonal philosophers of the Absolute Truth. But because they heard about Krsna's qualities from Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and the great sage Narada, they also became Krsna's devotees
- Gopis tell Mother Yasoda, "When your son (Krsna) plays on His flute, Lord Siva, Lord Brahma and Indra - although they are supposed to be the greatest learned scholars and personalities - all become bewildered"
- Gopis tell Yasoda, "Although they (Siva, Brahma & Indra) are all very great personalities, by hearing the sound of Krsna's flute they humbly bow down and become grave from studying the sound vibrated"
- Great personalities like Manu, Lord Brahma and Lord Siva cannot fully understand Your (Lord Krsna) glories and potencies. Nonetheless they have offered their prayers according to their own capacities
- Great yogis like Lord Siva, Lord Brahma or even Lord Sesa and others always try to fix their attention upon Krsna in their hearts, but here the gopis actually saw Krsna seated before them on their cloths
- He (Arjuna) thought that since Krsna could not give protection to the brahmana, it was better to take shelter of Lord Siva. This is another instance of how a person takes shelter of the demigods
- He (Krsna) is as refreshing as the full moon to His friends, and to His opponents He is the annihilating fire generated from Lord Siva. Krsna is therefore the most perfect moralist in His reciprocal dealings with different kinds of persons
- He (Krsna) is our supreme master. Because we have become so proud and confident of His protecting us, we sometimes do not even care about fighting with Tripurari (Lord Siva)
- He (Samba) exactly resembles the son of the Personality of Godhead. In a previous birth he was born as Karttikeya in the womb of the wife of Lord Siva, and now he has been born in the womb of Jambavati, the most enriched wife of Krsna
- Here in this narration we find that although Banasura was a great devotee of Lord Siva, when he faced death by Krsna, Lord Siva was not able to save him. But Lord Siva appealed to Krsna to save his devotee, and this was sanctioned by the Lord
- Here is a correct description of the Supreme Lord, given by the Lord Himself. The words sarvasya pra-bhavah indicate that Krsna is the creator of everyone, including Brahma, Visnu and Siva
- I wish to invite all the demigods, beginning from Brahma, Siva & other exalted chiefs of the heavenly planets & in that great assembly of demigods from all parts of the universe, I want to substantiate that You are the SPG & that everyone is Your servant
- If any ordinary person tries to imitate Lord Siva by drinking poison or smoking ganja, he is sure to be vanquished and will die within a very short time. Lord Sri Krsna's dealings with the gopis occurred under special circumstances
- If one remembers in the morning the narration of this fight between Lord Krsna and Lord Siva and takes pleasure in the victory of Lord Krsna, he will never experience defeat anywhere in his struggle of life
- If one worships demigods like Lord Siva and Lord Brahma to become more attached to Krsna, that is approved. But if one goes to the demigods for some personal benefit, that is condemned
- If we follow in the footsteps of such great personalities (as Lord Siva and Lord Brahma) and become devotees of Lord Krsna, our lives will become successful. Unfortunately people do not know this secret
- In all respects Vasudeva, Krsna, is the Supreme Lord, and Lord Siva is very satisfied with those who are completely surrendered to Him
- In Narada's statement it is confirmed that Krsna was able to illusion even Lord Brahma and Lord Siva as well as Indra. So there is no question of Krsna's power to do the same to lesser living entities
- In the Siva Purana, the Supreme Lord tells Siva: In the beginning of Kali-yuga, by My (Krsna) order, bewilder the people in general with Mayavada philosophy
- It is described that by hearing the vibration of Krsna's flute Lord Siva becomes very puzzled and begins to cry so loudly into space that the demons become vanquished and the devotees become overwhelmed with joy
- It is said that Cupid, who is directly part and parcel of Lord Vasudeva and who was formerly burned to ashes by the anger of Lord Siva, took birth from the womb of Rukmini, begotten by Krsna
- It is said there, "A brahmana who is constantly engaged in singing the glories of the Lord is surely elevated to the same planet as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Lord Krsna appreciates this singing even more than the prayers offered by Lord Siva"
- It is significant that Lord Siva personally offered his prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead just as he was taught by his father, Lord Brahma. Similarly, he was also preaching to the princes according to the parampara system
- It was by His (Krsna's) influence only that in a fight I (Arjuna) was able to astonish the personality of god Lord Siva and his wife (Himavati), the daughter of Mount Himalaya. Thus he (Lord Siva) became pleased with me and awarded me his own weapon
- It was He (Krsna) who played the trick of taking away the brahmana's baby as well as the arrows, including the one given by Lord Siva, of which Arjuna was so proud
- Krsna can illusion even Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, and He can protect all surrendered devotees from the reaction of sinful activities. These are some of the examples of His inconceivable potencies
- Krsna is called the Supreme Brahman because He is the cause of creation, the cause of maintenance and the cause of dissolution. Lord Brahma, Lord Visnu and Lord Siva are different expansions of these material qualities
- Krsna is cent percent God. Narayana is ninety-six percent God, Lord Siva is eighty-four percent God, Lord Brahma is eighty-seven percent God
- Krsna is the supreme bestower of all kinds of liberation to His devotees, but the benediction which was bestowed upon mother Yasoda was never experienced even by Lord Brahma or Lord Siva or the goddess of fortune
- Krsna is the worshipable master of even Brahma and Siva, yet as soon as He saw that the sage Narada had arrived, He immediately stood up with His ministers and secretaries to receive the great sage and offer His respectful obeisances by bowing His head
- Krsna is worshipable by great demigods like Brahma & Lord Siva, & Putana was so fortunate that the same Krsna played in her lap as a little child. The lotus feet of Krsna, which are worshiped by great sages & devotees, were placed on the body of Putana
- Krsna is worshiped not only by all living entities, including the great demigods like Lord Siva and Lord Brahma, but also by Visnu expansions (forms of Godhead) such as Baladeva and Sesa
- Krsna plainly says that His devotees are more dear to Him than Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Lord Sankarsana (the original cause of creation), the goddess of fortune or even His own Self
- Krsna said to Vrkasura: he (Lord Siva) had a quarrel with his father-in-law, Daksa, he was cursed to become a pisaca (ghost). Thus he has become the leader of the ghosts and hobgoblins. Therefore I cannot put any faith in his words
- Krsna was now able to turn His attention from the attack of Lord Siva to the efforts of Banasura, and He began to kill Banasura's personal soldiers with swords and clubs
- Later it was proved that Arjuna's taking shelter of Lord Siva instead of Krsna was not at all successful. Arjuna, however, did his best by chanting different mantras, and he shot arrows up and down to guard the maternity home from all directions
- Later Lord Siva became conscious of his mistake in helping Kasiraja, and he begged Lord Krsna's forgiveness. As a benediction from Lord Krsna, he received a place known as Ekamra-kanana
- Lord Krsna is more exalted than ordinary living beings and demigods like Lord Siva. He is even more exalted than His personal expansion Narayana. In all, the Supreme Personality of Godhead has sixty-four transcendental qualities in full
- Lord Krsna took charge of Aniruddha and Usa, who had become very opulent materially because of the blessings of Lord Siva. Thus, keeping forward a division of one aksauhini of soldiers, Krsna proceeded toward Dvaraka
- Lord Siva also seeks the pleasure of Lord Krsna in order to be delivered from his entanglement in the quality of ignorance within the material world
- Lord Siva continued: "My dear Lord (Krsna), since You are manifested universally, the different parts of the universe are the different parts of Your body, and by Your inconceivable potency You can simultaneously be both localized and universal"
- Lord Siva is in charge of the material quality of ignorance, and to keep himself in a transcendental position he always meditates on Lord Visnu, or Krsna, and always tries to purify himself with the water of the Ganges
- Lord Siva lives as a poor man although his devotees appear very opulent, whereas Lord Krsna, or Lord Visnu, is always opulent and yet His devotees appear poverty-stricken, is a situation which appears contradictory and puzzling to a discriminating person
- Lord Siva said, "A person who possesses a human body but who cannot bring his senses under control is carried away by the waves of sensual enjoyment. As such, he cannot take shelter of Your lotus feet and thus engage in Your devotional service"
- Lord Siva said, "As far as I am concerned, I act as Your (Krsna's) ego"
- Lord Siva said, "As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, You (Krsna) appear in order to protect the devotees, and thus Your appearance indicates good fortune for all the universe"
- Lord Siva said, "At the end of this creation, all manifestations of Your (Krsna's) energies, whether in the shape of demigods, human beings or lower animals, enter into You"
- Lord Siva said, "By Your (Krsna) personal manifestation; and You have appeared as different living entities by Your separated manifestations"
- Lord Siva said, "Despite Your (Krsna) transcendental position, my Lord, in order to show Your six opulences and advertise Your transcendental qualities, You have appeared in Your different incarnations - fish, tortoise, boar, Nrsimha, Kesava"
- Lord Siva said, "Finally, my Lord (Krsna), I may inform You that this Banasura is very dear to me. He has rendered valuable service unto me; therefore I want to see him always happy. Being pleased with him, I have assured him safety"
- Lord Siva said, "Human society without Krsna consciousness is a society of cheaters and the cheated"
- Lord Siva said, "I pray to You, my Lord (Krsna), that as You were pleased with his forefathers King Prahlada and Bali Maharaja, You will also be pleased with him"
- Lord Siva said, "In the Brahma-samhita we also find it stated that although You (Krsna) always remain in Your abode, Goloka Vrndavana, You are present everywhere"
- Lord Siva said, "In the impersonalists' conception of Your (Krsna's) supreme existence, the heavenly planets are Your head, all the directions are Your ears, the earth (Urvi) is Your lotus feet, the moon is Your mind, and the sun is Your eye"
- Lord Siva said, "In the impersonalists' conception of Your (Krsna's) supreme existence, the sky is just like Your navel, fire is Your mouth, and water is Your semen"
- Lord Siva said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), let us always be engaged in Your transcendental loving service so that we may get free from this material entanglement"
- Lord Siva said, "My dear Lord Krsna, You are the worshipable object of the Vedic hymns"
- Lord Siva said, "My Lord, You (Krsna) are actually the dearmost Supersoul of all living entities and the supreme controller of everything"
- Lord Siva said, "On a cloudy day, to the common man's eyes the sun appears to be covered. But the fact is that because the sunshine creates the cloud, the sun can never actually be covered, even though the whole sky may be cloudy"
- Lord Siva said, "One who does not know You (Krsna) considers the impersonal brahmajyoti to be the ultimate SAT, without knowledge that You exist behind Your spiritual effulgence in Your eternal abode. My dear Lord, You are therefore called Parabrahman"
- Lord Siva said, "Saintly persons who have completely cleansed their hearts of all material contamination can realize Your (Krsna's) transcendental form, although You are all-pervading like the sky, unaffected by any material thing"
- Lord Siva said, "The impersonal feature of Your (Krsna's) supreme body is only a small expansion of Your energy. You are likened to the original fire, and Your expansions are its light and heat"
- Lord Siva said, "The ocean is Your (Krsna's) abdomen, and the King of heaven, Indra, is Your arm. Trees and plants are the hairs on Your body, the clouds are the hair on Your head, and Lord Brahma is Your intelligence"
- Lord Siva said, "We have all taken shelter of You (Krsna) because we have accepted You as the Supreme Lord and the dearmost life and soul of all of us"
- Lord Siva said, "You (Krsna) are simultaneously the cause of this cosmic manifestation and its ingredients as well. You are the Supreme Whole, one without a second"
- Lord Siva then began to release all his selected weapons against the Personality of Godhead. Lord Sri Krsna, without any difficulty, counteracted all these weapons with counterweapons
- Lord Siva then took to his last resort. He released his greatest death weapon, known as Siva-jvara, which destroys by excessive temperature
- Lord Siva was engaged in fighting directly with Lord Krsna, Pradyumna was engaged with Karttikeya, and Lord Balarama was engaged with Banasura's commander in chief, Kumbhanda, who was assisted by Kupakarna
- Lord Siva was so kind to Banasura that he personally came as the commander in chief of the military force, assisted by his heroic sons Karttikeya and Ganapati. Nandisvara, Lord Siva, seated on his favorite bull, led the fighting against Krsna & Balarama
- Lord Siva, although simultaneously one with and different from Lord Krsna, is still the incarnation of the mode of darkness
- Lord Siva, who is neither avatara nor avesa nor in between them, possesses almost eighty-four percent of the attributes (of Krsna)
- Lord Sri Krsna is the original Narayana and the controller of the Narayana-jvara weapon. When the Narayana-jvara was released, there was a great fight between the two jvaras
- Lord Sri Krsna, who is our master and worshipable Deity, who is the controller of Lord Siva and Lord Brahma, the controller of the whole universe as well, accepts the controlling orders of Ugrasena, His grandfather
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: For what reason did the demon Maya Danava vanquish Lord Siva's reputation? How did Lord Krsna save Lord Siva and expand his reputation again? Kindly describe these incidents
- Mother Yasoda called back Lord Krsna and Balarama, who are worshipable by great demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva. She was thinking of Them as her children
- My dear Lord, all the demigods, including myself (Siva) and Lord Brahma, as well as great saintly persons and sages who have cleansed their hearts of material attachment, have, by Your grace, wholeheartedly taken shelter of Your lotus feet
- Mystic yogis want to acquire some power by practicing the yoga system, but Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is known as the Supreme Lord of all mystic power. Lord Siva wanted to see the Mohini-murti, which was captivating the entire world
- Narada met Indra and criticized him: "O Indra, great King of heaven, Krsna has already defeated Lord Brahma and Lord Siva. So what can be said of an insignificant demigod like you?"
- Narada Muni continued: Thereafter, Lord Krsna, by His own personal potency, consisting of religion, knowledge, renunciation, opulence, austerity, education and activities, equipped Lord Siva with all the necessary paraphernalia
- Narada said, "My Lord Krsna, You are unlimited - there is no limit to Your opulences. Great demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva are always busy placing You within their hearts and meditating upon You"
- News of the fighting (Siva fighting with Krsna and Balarama) spread all over the universe
- Not that he had, Lord Siva had no sexual potency, but he was dhira. That is the example. Just like Krsna danced with so many girls, but there was no sex appetite. That is called dhira
- O lotus-eyed one, great personalities like Lord Siva desire to bathe in the dust of Your lotus feet to drive away ignorance. If I do not get the mercy of Your Lordship, I shall observe vows to reduce the duration of my life
- Of course, Arjuna was not an ordinary living entity, but because of his friendly dealings with Krsna he thought that Krsna was unable to give protection to the brahmana and that he would do better to remember Lord Siva
- One devotee said, "My dear Krsna, when You order Brahma - 'Now you may create the universe,' - and when You order Lord Siva - 'Now you dissolve this material manifestation,' - You are in this way creating and dissolving the material creation Yourself
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "When He (Krsna) plays (the flute), either in the morning or in the evening, all the demigods, including Lord Siva, Brahma, Indra and Candra, bow their heads and listen with great attention"
- One has to learn very cautiously how, what is the purpose of, why Lord Buddha came, why Lord Siva and Sankaracarya came, why other acaryas came, why Caitanya Mahaprabhu came
- Rudra, Lord Siva, has various forms, which are transformations brought about by association with maya. Although Rudra is not on a level with the jiva-tattvas, he still cannot be considered a personal expansion of Lord Krsna
- Rukmini continued, "A woman who has learned about You (Krsna) - that You are praised not only in this world but in the halls of the great demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva - will not accept anyone besides You as her husband"
- Rukmini continued, "How can I be a fit match for You? There is no possibility of comparison with You, who are the master of all greatness, the controller of the three qualities and the object of worship for great demigods like Brahma and Lord Siva"
- Rukmini knew very well that obtaining the favor of Krsna was not easy. Since even Lord Siva must purify himself for this purpose, surely it would be difficult for Rukmini, who was only the daughter of a ksatriya king
- Rukmini said that she did not think anyone was greater than Krsna, not even Lord Siva, who is known as Mahadeva, the greatest of all demigods
- Rupa Gosvami describes, "The sound vibration created by the flute of Krsna wonderfully stopped Lord Siva from playing his dindima drum, and the same flute has caused great sages like the four Kumaras to become disturbed in their meditation"
- Sahadeva said, "Although demigods such as Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Indra and many other exalted personalities are present in this assembly, no one can be equal to or greater than Krsna"
- Salva, one of the kings Krsna defeated when He kidnapped Rukmini, decided to rid the entire world of the Yadavas. To defeat the Yadavas, Salva worshiped Lord Siva, who rewarded him with an aerial car named Saubha
- Sankara, svayam sankara, he is incarnation of Lord Siva, and Lord Buddha is incarnation of Krsna. So they come for particular purpose, to benefit the whole world. But that is for the time being. That is not permanent
- Satya continued, "Even the goddess of fortune, whose place is next to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and Lord Siva, Lord Brahma and many other demigods of different planets always offer their respectful obeisances unto the Lord"
- Simply by Your orders and by Your partial representation as Visnu, You are maintaining the universes. In this way, O Krsna, O enemy of Kamsa, there are so many Brahmas and Sivas who are simply carrying out Your orders
- Siva addresses Sati thusly, "My dear Sati, persons who are devoted to Narayana (Krsna) are not afraid of anything"
- Siva lives as a poor man although his devotees appear very opulent, whereas Lord Krsna, or Lord Visnu, is always opulent and yet His devotees appear poverty-stricken, is a situation which appears contradictory and puzzling to a discriminating person
- Siva, the greatest of the demigods, could not help him, what to speak of the lesser demigods, & therefore the Siva-jvara ultimately surrendered unto Krsna, bowing before Him and offering a prayer so that the Lord might be pleased and give him protection
- Siva-jvara said, "Actually neither Brahma nor Lord Siva is the original cause of this cosmic manifestation"
- Siva-jvara said, "Generally people consider Lord Siva the most powerful personality in the material world, but Lord Siva is not all-powerful; You (Krsna) are all-powerful. This is factual"
- Siva-jvara said, "Lord Siva may be a powerful demigod because of his specific power to annihilate the whole creation"
- Smiling within himself, Narada addressed the Lord as follows: "My dear Lord of all mystic powers, object of the meditation of great mystics, the extent of Your mystic power is certainly inconceivable, even to mystics like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva"
- Sometimes the Vaisnavas also observe this ceremony because they accept Lord Siva as the foremost Vaisnava. But the function of Siva-ratri is not observed very regularly by the bhaktas, or devotees of Krsna
- Sukadeva Gosvami assured King Pariksit that the narration of the fight between Lord Siva and Lord Krsna is not at all inauspicious, like ordinary fights
- The conception of enjoyment is beautiful women, ornaments and riches. And all of these were fabulously present in the palaces of Krsna, defeating even the imagination of Kuvera, Lord Indra or Lord Siva
- The conclusion is that Lord Brahma and Lord Siva are simply devotee incarnations who carry out orders. However, Lord Visnu, the maintainer, is the personal feature of Lord Krsna
- The cowherd men, who had come to execute the ritualistic function of worshiping Lord Siva and Ambika, finished their business and prepared to return to Vrndavana. While returning, they recalled the wonderful activities of Krsna
- The demigods from the higher planetary systems showered flowers, congratulating Krsna and Balarama. Among the demigods were powerful personalities like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, and all joined together in showing their jubilation over Kamsa's death
- The Earth personified continued, "My dear Lord, as for the three gods Brahma, Visnu and Siva, they are also not independent of You (Krsna). When there is a necessity of creating this cosmic manifestation, You create Your passionate appearance of Brahma"
- The Earth personified continued, "When You (Krsna) want to maintain this cosmic manifestation You expand Yourself as Visnu, the reservoir of all goodness. Similarly, You appear as Siva, master of the mode of ignorance, & thus dissolve the whole creation"
- The favor mother Yasoda obtained from Sri Krsna, the bestower of liberation, was never obtained even by Lord Brahma or Lord Siva, nor even by the goddess of fortune, who always remains on the chest of the Supreme Personality of Godhead Visnu
- The fighting (Siva against Krsna and Balarama) was so fierce that those who saw the battle were struck with wonder, and the hairs on their bodies stood up
- The first words they (Lord Brahma and Lord Siva) spoke acclaimed that the Lord is true to His vow. As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, Krsna descends to this material world just to protect the pious and destroy the impious
- The gopis became proud of their great fortune. To subdue their sense of superiority and show them special favor, Kesava, the subduer of even Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, disappeared from the rasa dance
- The gopis said, "The dust of the lotus feet of Krsna is worshiped even by Lord Brahma and Lord Siva and the goddess of fortune, Laksmi"
- The idea is that one who is favored by Lord Siva or any other demigod may not necessarily be favored by the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna
- The lady continued, "The residents of Vrndavana are fortunate to be able to constantly see the lotus feet of Krsna and Balarama, which are worshiped by great demigods like Lord Siva and by the goddess of fortune"
- The living being can never possess attributes like Siva, Visnu or Lord Krsna. A living being can become godly by developing the seventy-eight-percent transcendental attributes in fullness, but he can never become a God like Siva, Visnu or Krsna
- The Lord (Krsna) is cent percent perfect, whereas others, namely Narayana, Brahma, Siva, the demigods and all other living beings, possess only different percentages of such perfection. No one is equal to or greater than Him. He is unrivaled
- The lotus feet of Krsna, which are worshiped not only by the goddess of fortune but by such exalted demigods as Brahma and Lord Siva, and which great yogis meditate upon within their hearts, are placed on the beautiful high breasts of the gopis
- The meeting of Aniruddha and Usa, which caused a great fight between Lord Krsna and Lord Siva, is very mysterious and interesting. Maharaja Pariksit was eager to hear the whole story from Sukadeva Gosvami, and thus Sukadeva narrated it
- The mind is by nature very restless, and one should not make friends with it. If we place full confidence in the mind, it may cheat us at any moment. Even Lord Siva became agitated upon seeing the Mohini form of Lord Krsna
- The Nagapatnis said, "Although You have expanded into the three principal deities of this universe - namely Brahma, Visnu and Siva - for creation, maintenance and destruction, Your appearance as Visnu is actually for the benediction of living creatures"
- The Personality of Godhead, Lord Krsna (Govinda), is the exclusive shelter for all great living beings, and His transcendental attributes cannot even be measured by such masters of mystic powers as Lord Siva and Lord Brahma
- The primary predominating deities of this material creation are Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and Lord Visnu. Nonetheless, they simply carry out the orders of Lord Krsna, who is master of them all
- The primeval Lord, Sri Krsna, also says in the Bhagavad-gita (BG 7.26) that He is fully conscious of past, present and future and that no one, including demigods such as Siva and Brahma, knows Him fully
- The S P of Godhead, Krsna, is the master of the three worlds and the three principal demigods (Brahma, Visnu and Siva). No one is equal to or greater than Him. By His spiritual potency, known as svarajya-laksmi, all His desires are fulfilled
- The spiritual qualities of Krsna are also unlimited. Great personalities like Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and the four Kumaras cannot estimate the spiritual qualities of the Lord
- The standard of perfection for a human being is to develop the attributes (of Krsna) up to seventy-eight percent in full. The living being can never possess attributes like Siva, Visnu or Lord Krsna
- The Sudarsana cakra began to freeze the fiery demon created by Lord Siva. In this way, the fiery demon was checked by the Sudarsana cakra of Lord Krsna, and, being defeated in his attempt to devastate the city of Dvaraka, he turned back
- The Supreme Lord, who can award liberation to anyone, showed more mercy toward the gopis than to Lord Brahma, Lord Siva or even the goddess of fortune, who is His own wife and is associated with His body
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, with the cooperation of Sankarsana, Balarama, performed activities beyond the mental comprehension of even such personalities as Lord Brahma and Lord Siva
- The supreme powerful is Govinda, Lord Krsna. He is the Transcendence, and His transcendental attributes cannot be measured even by such powerful isvaras as Siva and Brahma
- The Visnu svamsa expansions of the Supreme Lord in different Visnu forms are like lamps, Lord Siva is also like a lamp, and the supreme candle power, or the one-hundred-percent light, is Krsna
- There are another five qualities, which exist in the Vaikuntha planets in Narayana, the Lord of Laksmi. These qualities are also present in Krsna, but they are not present in demigods like Lord Siva or in other living entities
- There are many powerful demigods, such as Brahma, Siva, Indra, Candra & Varuna, but Krsna is the Lord of all these gods, whereas Rukmi was not only an ordinary human being but in fact the lowest of all because he had no understanding of Krsna
- There are other transcendental qualities of Krsna which are described by Siva to Parvati in the Padma Purana & in the First Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, in connection with a conversation between the demigod of the earth and the King of religion, Yamaraj
- There are several categories of living entities. Krsna is also living entity. Visnu is also living entity. You are also living entity. Lord Siva is also living entity. Every one of us. But there are categories
- They (Krsna's personal associates) are mostly looking on with tears in their eyes, and in the enthusiasm of their service they are not afraid even of the devastating fire generated by Lord Siva. They are souls simply surrendered unto Your lotus feet
- This (in Vrndavana summer appeared just like spring) was possible only because Lord Krsna and Balarama, who are the controllers even of Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, were residing there
- This (Krsna's statement "Before the creation, I was existing") is confirmed in the Vedic literature: eko narayana asin na brahma na isanah. "Before creation, there was only Narayana. There was no Brahma and no Siva"
- This Bana was a great devotee of Lord Siva and the goddess Durga. Thus, when Bana was being killed, Lord Siva and Durga became very furious at Krsna. But Krsna did not care for them
- This incident of the fight between the ultimate weapons of Lord Siva and Lord Krsna proves that if Krsna gives someone protection, no one can kill him, and if Krsna does not give one protection, no one can save him
- To counteract the scorching heat of the Siva-jvara, there is no other weapon but the Narayana-jvara. Therefore, when Lord Krsna saw that the Siva-jvara had been released by Lord Siva, He had no recourse other than to release the Narayana-jvara
- Uddhava said, "Actually, You (Krsna) create and destroy the entire cosmic manifestation; Lord Brahma and Lord Siva are only the superficially visible causes"
- Uddhava said, "Everything is under the control of this time factor. If Your (Krsna's) invisible time factor can perform such wonderful acts through Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, will not Your personal presence help Bhimasena conquer Jarasandha?"
- Uddhava said, "If the fighting takes place in Your (Krsna's) presence, I am sure Bhimasena will emerge victorious, for Your presence makes everything impossible possible. Brahma creates this universe & Siva destroys it simply through Your influence"
- Unable to get any help from Lord Siva, the Siva-jvara could understand that he had no means of escape outside of surrendering unto Narayana, Lord Krsna Himself
- Vaisnava is ready to give respect even to the ant. And why not Lord Siva? And why not Lord Brahma or any other demigods? They offer. But they offer in which way? As servant of Krsna
- Vedic religion there are hundreds and thousands of demigods. Especially it is going on that either you worship Krsna or Lord Siva or Kali, the same thing. This is nonsense
- Vidura said, "Krsna is the supreme deliverer amongst all other deliverers. Undoubtedly there are great demigods like Lord Siva and Lord Brahma, but their positions as deliverers depend always upon the mercy of Krsna"
- Visnu category means they are almost equal to Krsna. It is estimated the Visnu categories, They have ninety-four percent opulence of Krsna. And the next category is Siva category. The Siva category has eighty-four percent
- We can simply imagine how fierce the fighting was - Lord Siva with his valiant sons on one side, and Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and His elder brother, Sri Balaramaji, on the other
- When Cupid was burned to ashes by the anger of Lord Siva, he merged into the body of Vasudeva, and to get his body again he was begotten in the womb of Rukmini by Lord Krsna Himself
- When Krsna comes in touch with prakrti for giving birth of these varieties of forms of life, that is Siva
- When Krsna was living at Dvaraka, demigods like Lord Siva, Lord Brahma, Indra the King of heaven and many others used to come to visit Him
- When Lord Siva released a particular weapon bringing about a violent hurricane on the battlefield, Lord Krsna presented just the opposing element, a mountain weapon, which checked the hurricane on the spot
- When Lord Siva released his personal weapon, called Pasupata-astra, Krsna immediately counteracted it with the Narayana-astra. Lord Siva then became exasperated in fighting with Lord Krsna. Krsna then took the opportunity to release His yawning weapon
- When Lord Siva released his weapon of devastating fire, Krsna counteracted it with torrents of rain
- When Lord Siva saw that his devotee Banasura could not be saved even in his presence, he came to his senses and personally came before Lord Krsna and began to pacify Him by offering the following prayers
- When the demigods, headed by Lord Siva, were offering respectful prayers to Krsna, describing the glorious opulences of the Lord, Arjuna stood before Him with his hand on His shoulders and brushed the dust from His peacock feather
- While going to the maternity home to attend to the delivery case of the brahmana's wife, Arjuna remembered Lord Siva, and not his friend Krsna
- While the fight was going on (between Jayadratha and Arjuna) Lord Krsna reminded Arjuna that the benediction of Siva upon Jayadratha was that whoever would cause his head to fall on the ground would die at once
- While watching the rasa dance performed by Lord Krsna and the gopis, Lord Siva beheld the beautiful face of Krsna and immediately began to dance and beat upon his small dindima drum. While Siva was dancing in ecstasy, his eldest son, Ganesa, joined him
- With folded hands, all the Brahmas and Sivas began to offer prayers unto Lord Krsna, saying, O Lord, You have shown me a great favor. I have been able to see Your lotus feet
- You can do it (to surrender to Krsna) immediately, but unfortunately you'll not do it. What can be done? There is a story, I may narrate it. One poor man was begging on the street, and Lord Siva and Parvati was passing as ordinary man
- Yudhisthira said, "My dear Krsna, O eternal form of bliss and knowledge, all the exalted directors of the affairs of this material world, including Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and King Indra, are always eager to receive and carry out orders from You"
- Yudhisthira said, "Whenever they (Brahma, Siva & Indra) are fortunate enough to receive such orders, they immediately take them and keep them on their heads"