Krsna and Caves
Pages in category "Krsna and Caves"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- Having attained this wonderful body, he (Aghasura) stretched his mouth open just like a mountain cave. Desiring to swallow all the boys at once, including Krsna and Balarama, he sat on the path
- He (Mucukunda) could see also that the dense darkness within the mountain cave had been dissipated by the Lord's presence; therefore He could not be other than the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- He (The Supreme Personality of Godhead) wanted to deliver King Mucukunda, who was sleeping in the cave, and at the same time He wanted to kill Kalayavana, who had attacked Mathura City. By this action He served all purposes
- He (Vyomasura) was immediately thrown to the ground with great force and killed, just as an animal is killed in the slaughterhouse. After killing the Vyoma demon, Lord Krsna released all His friends from the caves of the mountain
- Kalayavana began running very fast, thinking, "Now I am nearer; I will capture Him," but he could not. Krsna led him far away and entered the cave of a hill
- Kalayavana thought that Krsna was trying to avoid fighting him and was therefore taking shelter of the cave
- Krsna continued, "My dear King Mucukunda, you are My great devotee, and just to show you My causeless mercy I have appeared in this cave"
- Krsna had actually entered the cave to deliver King Mucukunda because of his austerity, but Krsna did not appear before him first. He arranged that first Kalayavana should come before him
- Krsna saved His foster father, Nanda Maharaja, from the fear of the demigod Varuna and released the cowherd boys from the caves of the mountain, for they were placed there by the son of Maya
- Krsna thought it wise to lead the untouchable king to that cave (where Mucukunda was lying asleep) so that the king's presence would awaken Mucukunda, and he would at once be burnt to ashes
- Krsna was also garlanded with flowers and painted with different colored minerals collected from the caves of Govardhana Hill. Govardhana Hill is always famous for supplying natural red oxides, and Krsna and His friends painted their bodies with them
- One after another he took away almost all the boys and put them in the caves of the mountain and sealed the mouths of the caves with stones. Krsna could understand the trick the demon was playing
- One may be the spiritual master of many impersonalists, or he may go to the forest or to a mountain cave and meditate as a hermit for many, many years, but he cannot understand Your glories without being favored by a slight degree of devotional service
- One of the gopis once said to her friend, "My dear beautiful friend, when Krsna, the son of Maharaj Nanda, was taking rest within the cave of a hill, He was keeping His head on the arms of Sridama, and He was putting His left hand on Dama's chest"
- The damsels of Braja and Radharani were very expert in talking cunningly, so as soon as they saw Krsna they began their talkings; and Krsna, pretending to go for some flowers for them, immediately left that place and entered into a mountain cave
- The episode of Jambavati's marriage with Lord Krsna and the delivery of the jewel known as Syamantaka was finished within the mountain cave
- The first thing he saw was a man lying down asleep within the cave. Kalayavana was eager to fight with Krsna, and when he could not see Krsna but instead saw only a man lying down, he thought that Krsna was sleeping within the cave
- There were many waterfalls on Govardhana Hill, and their flowing made a nice sound. Krsna heard them as He looked into the caves of the hill
- This Govardhana Hill is the best! O my friends, this hill supplies Krsna and Balarama, as well as Their calves, cows and cowherd friends, with all kinds of necessities - water for drinking, very soft grass, caves, fruits, flowers and vegetables
- Thus Lord Krsna, still carrying the lump of yogurt-and-rice preparation in His left hand, immediately started to search out the calves in the caves and bushes. He searched in the mountain holes and in the forests, but nowhere could He find them
- To please His (Krsna's) friends, He began searching in all the mountains, mountain caves, bushes and narrow passages - 10.13.14
- When King Mucukunda saw Krsna's magnificent features, he wondered about His identity, and with great humility he asked the Lord, "My dear Lord, may I inquire how it is that You happened to be in the cave of this mountain? Who are You"
- When Krsna and Srimati Radharani entered a cave together, the other gopis asked Me to pick some flowers
- When Krsna entered the cave of the hill, Kalayavana followed, chastising Him with various harsh words. Krsna suddenly disappeared from the demon's sight, but Kalayavana followed and also entered the cave
- When Lord Krsna was blowing His conchshell known as Pancajanya, many great sages who were living in the caves of the mountains immediately reacted, being awakened from their trance of meditation
- When Mucukunda, the celebrated descendant of the Iksvaku dynasty, was favored by Lord Krsna, he circumambulated the Lord within the cave and then came out
- When the rainy season was not ended completely but was gradually turning to autumn, sometimes, especially when there was rainfall within the forest, Krsna and His companions would sit under a tree or within the caves of Govardhana Hill