Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
cavelike | cave | caveman | cavemen | caves | cave's
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna and Caves (2 P)
Pages in category "Cave"
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total.
- A saintly person thinks like this, "When shall I be able to live alone in the caves of the mountains? When shall I be dressed simply with undergarments? When shall I be satisfied by eating simply a little fruit and vegetables?'
- A vanaprastha should prepare a thatched cottage or take shelter of a cave in a mountain only to keep the sacred fire, but he should personally practice enduring snowfall, wind, fire, rain and the shining of the sun
- After coming there, the woman offered obeisances to the tulasi plant, and after circumambulating the tulasi plant she came to the door of the cave where Haridasa Thakura was sitting
- After killing the Vyoma demon, Lord Krsna released all His friends from the caves of the mountain. He was then praised by His friends and by the demigods for these wonderful acts
- After putting them (men & women) within the caves, he would close the entrances with large chunks of stone, like the bhrngi insect, which arrests and carries away many flies and other insects and puts them within the holes of the trees where it lives
- And he has known 'missing link'? (before the caveman was the missing link)
- Are the caves of the mountains now closed? Does the unconquerable Supreme Personality of Godhead not protect the fully surrendered souls? Why then should learned persons like devotees go to flatter those who are intoxicated by hard-earned wealth
- Are there no torn clothes lying on the common road? Do the trees, which exist for maintaining others, no longer give alms in charity? Do the rivers, being dried up, no longer supply water to the thirsty? Are the caves of the mountains now closed
- As far as one's bodily necessities are concerned, one can pick up torn clothing from the street, take fruits offered by trees, drink water from flowing rivers, and live in a mountain cave constructed by nature herself
- As ordinary men may play in the salty ocean, the inhabitants of the higher planetary systems go to the ocean of milk. They float in the ocean of milk and also enjoy various sports within the caves of Trikuta Mountain
- Darkness can cover a small cave, but not the open sky. Similarly, the covering capacity of the material energy is limited and cannot act on the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is therefore called vibhu
- Do you think all the caves of the mountains they are now closed? There are many caves. If you want at all shelter, there are already there are natural rooms, apartment. (everyone laughs) You can live there
- Having attained this wonderful body, he (Aghasura) stretched his mouth open just like a mountain cave. Desiring to swallow all the boys at once, including Krsna and Balarama, he sat on the path
- He (Mucukunda) could see also that the dense darkness within the mountain cave had been dissipated by the Lord's presence; therefore He could not be other than the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- He (The Supreme personality of Godhead) wanted to deliver King Mucukunda, who was sleeping in the cave, and at the same time He wanted to kill Kalayavana, who had attacked Mathura City. By this action He served all purposes
- He (Vyomasura) was immediately thrown to the ground with great force and killed, just as an animal is killed in the slaughterhouse. After killing the Vyoma demon, Lord Krsna released all His friends from the caves of the mountain
- He also kidnapped both men and women, taking them away from their residential places to the caves of the mountains
- Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became very happy. After excavating the cave, He saw the three deities
- Her (Putana's) fallen body extended up to twelve miles and smashed all the trees to pieces, and everyone was struck with wonder upon seeing this gigantic body. Her teeth appeared just like plows, and her nostrils appeared just like mountain caves
- His (Aghasura) jaws appeared like a big mountain cave, without limitation, and his teeth appeared just like mountain summits. His tongue appeared to be a broad traffic way, and he was breathing just like a hurricane. His eyes were blazing like fire
- I (Narada Muni) then passed alone through many forests of rushes, bamboo, reeds, sharp grass, weeds and caves, which were very difficult to go through alone
- In the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu it is said that when Lord Krsna was blowing His conchshell known as Pancajanya many great sages who were living in the caves of the mountains immediately reacted, being awakened from their trance of meditation
- Kalayavana began running very fast, thinking, "Now I am nearer; I will capture Him," but he could not. Krsna led him far away and entered the cave of a hill
- Kalayavana thought that Krsna was trying to avoid fighting him and was therefore taking shelter of the cave
- Krsna continued, "My dear King Mucukunda, you are My great devotee, and just to show you My causeless mercy I have appeared in this cave"
- Krsna had actually entered the cave to deliver King Mucukunda because of his austerity, but Krsna did not appear before him first. He arranged that first Kalayavana should come before him
- Krsna thought it wise to lead the untouchable king to that cave (where Mucukunda was lying asleep) so that the king's presence would awaken Mucukunda, and he would at once be burnt to ashes
- Krsna was also garlanded with flowers and painted with different colored minerals collected from the caves of Govardhana Hill. Govardhana Hill is always famous for supplying natural red oxides, and Krsna and His friends painted their bodies with them
- News of this was received by the gorilla king, Jambavan, who then killed that lion in the cave and took away the jewel
- Next his (the person who was engaged in criminal sense gratification) limbs are lopped off and torn asunder by elephants. He is hurled down from hilltops, and he is also held captive either in water or in a cave
- Not only Rohini but many others in the Yadu dynasty were scattered all over the country due to their fear of the atrocities of Kamsa. Some of them were even living in the caves of the mountains
- On coming out of the cave, Mucukunda saw that the human species had surprisingly been reduced in stature to pygmy size. Similarly, the trees had also been far reduced in size, and Mucukunda could immediately understand that the current age was Kali-yuga
- On hearing the sound of the torrential rains, the frogs come out of the mountain caves and begin to chant, like brahmacaris who chant the Vedic hymns by the order of the spiritual master
- On the bank of the Ganges, in a solitary place, Advaita Acarya made a cavelike home for Haridasa Thakura and spoke to him about the real meaning of Srimad-Bhagavatam and the Bhagavad-gita in terms of devotional service
- Once Maharaja Agnidhra desired to have a son, and therefore he entered a cave of Mandara Mountain to practice austerity. Understanding his desire, Lord Brahma sent a celestial girl named Purvacitti to Agnidhra's hermitage
- One after another he took away almost all the boys and put them in the caves of the mountain and sealed the mouths of the caves with stones. Krsna could understand the trick the demon was playing
- One can drink water from the rivers, and one can live within the caves of mountains. By nature's arrangements, shelter, clothing and food are supplied to the devotee who is completely surrendered to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- One day Haridasa Thakura was sitting in his cave, reciting the holy name of the Lord very loudly
- One may be the spiritual master of many impersonalists, or he may go to the forest or to a mountain cave and meditate as a hermit for many, many years, but he cannot understand Your glories without being favored by a slight degree of devotional service
- One of the cowherd boys said, "Its (the snake's) mouth appears to be like a big mountain cave, and its height cannot be estimated. The chin is also raised just like a mountain summit"
- One of the cowherd boys said, "That long highway appears to be its (the snakes's) tongue, and inside the mouth it is as dark as in a mountain cave"
- One of the gopis once said to her friend, "My dear beautiful friend, when Krsna, the son of Maharaj Nanda, was taking rest within the cave of a hill, He was keeping His head on the arms of Sridama, and He was putting His left hand on Dama's chest"
- One who imprisons a living entity within a cave is put into the hell known as Avata-nirodhana
- Similarly, Haridasa Thakura chanted in his cave on the bank of the Ganges with the intention of causing Krsna's descent
- Skyscraper buildings are no better than caves. They live here, and here is bathroom, here is kitchen, here is room, three inches. Is that advanced civilization?
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Are there any deities on top of this hill?" The local people replied, "There are deities on this hill, but they are located within a cave"
- Srimati Radharani has become peace personified for Me. Because of Her I now go without sleep. I stare constantly without blinking my eyes, and I am always in a meditative mood. Because of Her I have even made My home in the cave of a mountain
- The conditioned soul becomes very morose to receive notice of death. His fear is compared to the fear experienced upon entering a dark mountain cave, and death is compared to a great elephant
- The damsels of Braja and Radharani were very expert in talking cunningly, so as soon as they saw Krsna they began their talkings; and Krsna, pretending to go for some flowers for them, immediately left that place and entered into a mountain cave
- The demigod agreed and also gave him the benediction that he would be able to take complete rest. Then King Mucukunda entered the cave of the mountain
- The episode of Jambavati's marriage with Lord Krsna and the delivery of the jewel known as Syamantaka was finished within the mountain cave
- The expansions of Lord Visnu as the tiny living entity and the Supersoul are both situated within the cave of the heart of this body
- The first thing he saw was a man lying down asleep within the cave. Kalayavana was eager to fight with Krsna, and when he could not see Krsna but instead saw only a man lying down, he thought that Krsna was sleeping within the cave
- The Himalaya Mountains are famous for all richness. There are innumerable caves to live in, numberless trees of good fruits to eat, good springs to drink water from and profuse drugs and minerals to cure diseases
- The inhabitants of the higher planets - the Siddhas, Caranas, Gandharvas, Vidyadharas, serpents, Kinnaras and Apsaras - go to that mountain to sport. Thus all the caves of the mountain are full of these denizens of the heavenly planets
- The mountain cave (in the forest of material existence) is our happy home, and the mosquitoes and serpents are our enemies
- There (on Mount Kailasa) are many waterfalls, and in the mountains there are many beautiful caves in which the very beautiful wives of the mystics are found
- There are example of Krsna Conscious persons whose worship was solitary life, and the greatest example is Haridasa Thakura. Haridasa Thakura used to live only in a cave sometimes and would spend his whole time chanting the Hare Krishna Mantra
- They stayed in Sanatana Gosvami's cave, but Jagadananda Pandita would go to a nearby temple and cook for himself
- This Govardhana Hill is the best! O my friends, this hill supplies Krsna and Balarama, as well as Their calves, cows and cowherd friends, with all kinds of necessities - water for drinking, very soft grass, caves, fruits, flowers and vegetables
- Thus everyone who saw the beauty of the cave, with the tulasi plant on a clean altar, was astonished and satisfied at heart
- Thus Lord Krsna, still carrying the lump of yogurt-and-rice preparation in His left hand, immediately started to search out the calves in the caves and bushes. He searched in the mountain holes and in the forests, but nowhere could He find them
- When King Mucukunda saw Krsna's magnificent features, he wondered about His identity, and with great humility he asked the Lord, "My dear Lord, may I inquire how it is that You happened to be in the cave of this mountain? Who are You"
- When Krsna and Srimati Radharani entered a cave together, the other gopis asked Me to pick some flowers
- When Krsna entered the cave of the hill, Kalayavana followed, chastising Him with various harsh words. Krsna suddenly disappeared from the demon's sight, but Kalayavana followed and also entered the cave
- When Krsna was present on this planet, just as the powerful sun drives all darkness to take shelter in caves, He drove away all of His enemies, who fled like owls to take shelter beyond His sight
- When Lord Krsna was blowing His conchshell known as Pancajanya, many great sages who were living in the caves of the mountains immediately reacted, being awakened from their trance of meditation
- When Mucukunda, the celebrated descendant of the Iksvaku dynasty, was favored by Lord Krsna, he circumambulated the Lord within the cave and then came out
- While Satrajit's brother, who was known as Prasena, was moving here and there in the forest, a big lion attacked him, killed both him and the horse on which he was riding, and took away the jewel to his cave
- Within the core of your heart, the Lord is there. You sit down anywhere - in the cave, in the jungle or anywhere. If you like, you can find out the Lord is there within your heart