Pages in category "Krsna Thus"
The following 113 pages are in this category, out of 113 total.
- After departing from the palace of Rukmini, Naradaji wanted to see further activities of Lord Krsna's internal potency, yogamaya; thus he entered the palace of another queen
- After hearing this statement, Krsna could understand that the King did not want to break his vow. Thus, in order to fulfill his desire, He tightened His belt and prepared to fight with the bulls
- After taking supper and thinking of the next day's program, He (Krsna) very peacefully took rest. Thus He passed the night there
- Although King Yudhisthira and his brothers were unwilling to have Lord Krsna leave Hastinapura, Krsna arranged to take permission from the King to return to Dvaraka, and thus He returned home along with His queens and ministers
- Although Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and thus has no desire that needs to be fulfilled (because He is always full with six opulences), He still wanted to enjoy the company of the gopis in the rasa dance
- Although priceless, the nectar of Krsna's face is distributed to everyone. Some purchase the moonrays of His sweet smiles, and others purchase the nectar of His lips. Thus He pleases everyone
- As soon as Krsna saw all the gopis, He was struck with emotion. Thus He could not hide Himself, and out of fear He became motionless
- At this age Krsna took pleasure in whispering into the ears of His friends, and the subject of His talks was the beauty of the gopis, who were just tarrying before them. Subala once addressed Krsna thus
- Bhima and Arjuna were ksatriyas (warrior-kings). Jarasandha was also a ksatriya and was very charitable toward the brahmanas. Thus Krsna, who had planned to fight with Jarasandha, went to him with Bhima and Arjuna in the dress of brahmanas
- By His (Krsna) accepting food thus, the assembly of munis, while bathing in the river, felt sumptuously fed. And all the three worlds were also satisfied
- By seeing the face of Krsna, everyone was transcendentally satisfied. Krsna, although the S P of God, was playing the part of an ordinary human being, and thus He immediately touched the feet of Yudhisthira, Bhima because they were His two older cousins
- Day and night Lord Sri Krsna enjoys the company of Srimati Radharani in the bushes of Vrndavana. Thus His pre-youthful age is fulfilled through His affairs with Srimati Radharani
- Detachment from the general mass of people; accepting the importance of self-realization, and philosophical search for the Absolute Truth-all these I thus declare to be knowledge and what is contrary to these is ignorance. BG 13.8-12 - 1972
- He (Krsna) appeared to the wrestlers exactly like a thunderbolt. To the people in general He appeared as the most beautiful personality. To the females He appeared to be the most attractive male, Cupid personified, and thus He increased their lust
- He (Krsna) can speak on the highest elevated subjects of philosophy, politics, economics - everything. And He also spoke before the gopis, who were so dear to Him. He wanted to enchant them by word jugglery, and thus He began to speak as follows
- He (Krsna) expands Himself in multiple forms, some of which are known as His personal forms and some as His separated forms. Thus He enjoys Himself in all the spiritual planets, as well as in the material universe
- He (Krsna) thus began to lament, "Oh, what unhappy incidents have taken place!" Then Krsna and Balarama, along with Satyabhama, immediately returned to Dvaraka and began to make plans to kill Satadhanva and take away the jewel
- He (Krsna) thus established the truth that Krsna and no one else is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- He (Lord Krsna) is also causelessly merciful, and He wants to bestow upon us this privilege of raga-bhakti. Thus He appeared by His own internal energy. He was not forced to appear by any extraneous force
- Humility, pridelessness, nonviolence, tolerance, simplicity, approaching a bona fide spiritual master, cleanliness, steadiness and self-control-all these I thus declare to be knowledge, and what is contrary to these is ignorance. BG 13.8-12 - 1972
- In Bhagavad-gita (BG 10.2) Krsna says, aham adir hi devanam: "I am the source of the demigods." Thus Krsna is the origin and beginning of all demigods, including Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and all others
- In Bhagavad-gita (BG 10.8) Lord Krsna says, aham sarvasya prabhavo mattah sarvam pravartate: "I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me." Thus Lord Krsna is the origin of everyone's appearance
- In other words, Krsna does not take pleasure in this external energy but exhibits His internal energy, His pleasure potency, as Radharani and then enjoys with Her. Thus Krsna manifests Himself as Radharani in order to enjoy His internal pleasure potency
- In this way, Jarasandha, the King of Magadha Province, having lost all his strength and having been insulted by his arrest and subsequent release, could do nothing but return to his kingdom. Thus Lord Krsna conquered the soldiers of Jarasandha
- It was an emergency (Mayavada philosophy was necessary to defeat the Buddhist philosophy of the nonexistence of the spirit soul). Thus Lord Krsna was accepted by Sankaracarya as the Supreme Personality of Godhead in his commentation on Bhagavad-gita
- Kesi rushed toward the Lord with great speed and tried to trample Him with his legs, which were strong, forceful and as hard as stone. Krsna, however, immediately caught hold of his legs and thus baffled him
- Krsna and Balarama exactly followed those principles with great devotion and underwent the regulations of brahmacarya. Thus They satisfied Their spiritual master, who instructed Them in Vedic knowledge
- Krsna and Balarama thus satisfied Nanda and Yasoda by sweet words and by presentations of various kinds of clothing, ornaments and copper utensils
- Krsna and Balarama thus verified the statement that the Supreme Personality of Godhead appears in order to give protection to the pious and to kill the impious demons, who are always enemies of the demigods
- Krsna continued, "First of all, you (Rukmini) may know that I was so much afraid of Jarasandha that I could not dare live on the land, and thus I have constructed this house within the water of the sea"
- Krsna continued, "I expected that you would cast your (Rukmini's) unblinking glance upon Me in retaliation and that I would thus be able to see your beautiful face in that angry mood"
- Krsna continued, "I have been invited for this purpose by Brahma, the superintending deity of this universe, and thus I have now appeared in the dynasty of the Yadus as one of their family members"
- Krsna continues, "I have accepted your service due to your ecstatic love for Me. Thus I shall appear, and by My audience all fallen souls will be delivered"
- Krsna descends to eradicate this false sense of enjoyment and thus reclaim conditioned souls back to Godhead. That is the all-merciful nature of the Lord for the fallen souls
- Krsna expands Himself in many forms. Some of them are personal expansions, and some are separate expansions. Thus He performs pastimes in both the spiritual and the material worlds
- Krsna had many, many friends, of whom Sridama, Sudama and Subala were prominent. Thus Krsna Himself became Sridama, Sudama and Subala and entered their respective houses with their respective calves
- Krsna is always engaged in loving affairs with Radharani, and He takes to the bushes of Vrndavana to enjoy His lusty activities with Her. Thus He successfully carries out His lusty instincts
- Krsna is the original purusa, and the living entities are prakrti. Thus Krsna is the enjoyer, and all living entities are meant to be enjoyed by Him
- Krsna is the Supreme Being and thus the proprietor of all the material worlds, and Krsna is the only friend who can actually do good to all living entities
- Krsna is very merciful, especially to Me. He has shown His mercy by bringing Me on this path through the forest. Thus He has given Me great pleasure
- Krsna knows everything, but one cannot know Krsna without being favored by Him. Thus for Krsna and His representative there is no question of a theory of uncertainty
- Krsna thus indicated that the celebrated, strong wrestlers should not challenge Krsna and Balarama to fight
- Krsna thus offered His respect to His grandfather because Ugrasena was at that time the crowned king of the Yadu dynasty
- Krsna was somewhat angry, and thus He began to whirl the horse (Kesi demon) around. After a few rounds, He contemptuously threw him a hundred yards away, just as Garuda throws a big snake
- Krsna's body resembles the sap of the mango tree, for when it enters the minds of women, it will not come out, despite great endeavor. Thus Krsna's extraordinary body is like a thorn of the seya berry tree
- Krsna's compassion was also exhibited when Grandfather Bhisma was lying on the bed of arrows which had been shot through his body. While lying in this position, Bhisma was very anxious to see Krsna, and thus Krsna appeared there
- Krsna, being the controller of both the prakrtis (para prakrti and apara prakrti), is thus the master of pradhana and purusa
- Lord Krsna could not refuse the request of His devotee, and thus He remained there for a few days with the sages to sanctify the city of Mithila and all its citizens
- Lord Krsna enjoys His transcendental pastimes as long as He wishes, and then He disappears. After disappearing, however, He thinks thus
- Lord Krsna is dhira-lalita, for He can always keep His girlfriends in a subjugated state. Thus His only business is enjoying sense gratification
- Lord Krsna personally never goes beyond the boundary of Vrndavana. He remains there eternally because of the transcendental love of the inhabitants. Thus even though He is not visible at present, He is not away from Vrndavana for a moment
- Lord Krsna thus enabled the performance of the Rajasuya-yajna arranged by King Yudhisthira to be successfully completed, and, being requested by His cousins and relatives, He remained in Hastinapura for a few months more
- Lord Krsna thus entered the city of the Pandavas, enjoyed the beautiful atmosphere and slowly proceeded ahead
- Lord Krsna's sweetness is so attractive that it steals away His own mind. Thus even He wants to embrace Himself
- Lord Krsna, in the garb of a brahmana, thus convinced Jarasandha that fame is imperishable but the body is perishable
- Lord Krsna, the enemy of Kamsa, took Srimati Radharani within His heart, for He desired to dance with Her. Thus He left the arena of the rasa dance and the company of all the other beautiful damsels of Vraja
- Lord Madhusudana enjoyed His youth with pastimes on autumn nights in the midst of the jewellike milkmaids. Thus He dispelled all the misfortunes of the world
- Lord Siva said, "As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, You (Krsna) appear in order to protect the devotees, and thus Your appearance indicates good fortune for all the universe"
- Lord Sri Krsna discharged such responsibility fully because although He had more than sixteen thousand wives, in each and every case He fought like a chivalrous ksatriya and thus secured a wife
- Narada said, "The conditioned souls, who have now been put into the blind well of material existence, can get out of this eternal captivity only by accepting Your (Krsna's) lotus feet. Thus, You are the only shelter of all conditioned souls"
- Nonattachment to children, wife, home and the rest, and evenmindedness amid pleasant and unpleasant events; constant and unalloyed devotion to Me-all these I thus declare to be knowledge, and what is contrary to these is ignorance. BG 13.8-12 - 1972
- On the assertion of the Vedic aphorism sarvam khalv idam brahma, we can understand that the Lord, by the omnipresent rays of His effulgence is all-pervading inside or outside of everything, like the omnipresent material sky, & thus He is also omniscient
- Once during the rasa dance, when Radharani left the arena, and Krsna went to seek Her out, one of the dear friends of Radharani began to address Krsna thusly
- Radha and Krsna are one and the same, but They have assumed two bodies. Thus They enjoy each other, tasting the mellows of love
- Renunciation of the objects of sense gratification, absence of false ego, the perception of the evil of birth, death, old age and disease-all these I thus declare to be knowledge, and what is contrary to these is ignorance. BG 13.8-12 - 1972
- Rukmini was the daughter of King Bhismaka, a powerful king. Thus Krsna did not address her as Rukmini; He addressed her this time as the princess. "My dear princess, it is very surprising. Many great personalities in the royal order wanted to marry you"
- Since Krsna's lusty desires were not satisfied even in the midst of hundreds of thousands of gopis and He was thus searching after Srimati Radharani, we can easily imagine how transcendentally qualified She is
- Siva-jvara began to pray, "My dear Lord, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You (Krsna) because You have unlimited potencies. No one can surpass Your potencies, and thus You are the Lord of everyone"
- Sometimes Krsna gives up the company of other gopis and becomes controlled, mind and body, by Me. Thus He manifests My good fortune and gives others distress by performing His loving affairs with Me
- Sometimes, being worshiped & adored by less intelligent living beings, the demigods become puffed up with power & forget the God's supremacy. This happened when Krsna was present in the universe, thus He wanted to give a lesson to Indra - King of heaven
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Within your heart you should keep yourself very faithful, but externally you may behave like an ordinary man. Thus Krsna will soon be very pleased and deliver you from the clutches of maya"
- Stated in Srimad-Bhagavatam: "When the cowherd girls and Krsna thus joined together, each girl thought that Krsna was dearly embracing her alone"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "When He (Krsna) would thus sit amongst His friends, it would appear that He was the whorl of a lotus flower and that the friends surrounding Him were petals"
- Suta Gosvami said: The Lord (Krsna), thus hearing the prayers of Kuntidevi, composed in choice words for His glorification, mildly smiled. That smile was as enchanting as His mystic power
- The Absolute Personality of Godhead, Krsna, expands Himself by His plenary Paramatma portion in everyone's heart and He directs everyone in the matter of recollection, forgetfulness, knowledge, the absence of intelligence and all psychological activities
- The boys did not know this (that the serpent was a demon), however, and thus while Krsna was planning how to stop the destruction of His intimate friends, all the boys along with their calves entered the mouth of the serpent. But Krsna did not enter
- The cycle of His pastimes turns like a wheel of fire. Thus Krsna exhibits His pastimes one after the other in every universe
- The devotees, who are aware of His (Krsna's) transcendental form, render Him service; therefore the Lord also reciprocates by His causeless mercy and thus delivers His devotees from all distresses
- The great reservoir of pleasure, Lord Sri Krsna, thus thought to Himself, "Now she has bound Me up to a wooden mortar. So I shall do something more mischievous than before." And thus He thought of pulling down the two very tall arjuna trees"
- The Lord (Krsna) is Transcendence, and thus He is absolute in any stage. His anger is not like the anger of a conditioned living being within the modes of qualitative material nature
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, who is the original Narayana and eternal friend of all living entities, thus worshiped the sage Narada according to Vedic regulative principles
- The supreme unborn, Lord Sri Krsna, caused the members of the Yadu dynasty to relinquish their bodies, and thus He relieved the burden of the world. This action was like picking out a thorn with a thorn, though both are the same to the controller
- The symptoms of madness served as an impetus for remembering Krsna. The mood of ecstasy awoke love, disdain, defamation by words, pride, honor and indirect prayer. Thus Sri Krsna was sometimes blasphemed and sometimes honored
- There were three sitting places where soft cloths were placed. Thus Lord Krsna was offered all the food, and the Lord took it very pleasantly
- These (pradhana and purusa) may also be described as para prakrti and apara prakrti, as stated in Bhagavad-gita. Krsna, being the controller of both the prakrtis, is thus the master of pradhana and purusa
- These pictures (Krsna painted many pictures on Radharani's breasts) served as subject matter for Radharani's friends to joke about. Krsna was always engaged in such lusty activities, and thus He made His youthful life successful
- Thinking thus, the Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna Himself, descended at Nadia early in the Age of Kali
- Thus appreciated differently by different kinds of people present, Krsna entered the wrestling arena with Balarama and His cowherd boyfriends
- Thus He (Krsna) voluntarily accepted the rule of Maharaja Ugrasena. He informed Ugrasena, “Being cursed by Yayati, the kings of the Yadu dynasty may not occupy the throne. It will be Our pleasure to act as your servants
- Thus Krsna and Balarama gave some preliminary hints of Their arrival to Kamsa, and he could understand what severe type of danger was awaiting him the next day in the sacrificial arena
- Thus Krsna expressed surprise: "Why am I attracted by Radharani? And when Radharani feels My love, what is She actually feeling?"
- Thus Krsna is eternally engaged in His transcendental activities in Vrndavana with His friends, the cowherd boys and gopis, but sometimes He exhibits the extraordinary prowess of the Supreme Personality of Godhead by killing different types of demons
- Thus Krsna moves with His pastimes through all the universes, one after another
- Thus Krsna should not be thought of as being alone but should be considered as eternally existing with all His manifestations, as described by Ramanujacarya
- Thus Krsna transmits information both from within and from without. We simply have to receive it. If knowledge is received in this way, it doesn’t matter whether it is inconceivable or not
- Thus Lord Krsna, still carrying the lump of yogurt-and-rice preparation in His left hand, immediately started to search out the calves in the caves and bushes. He searched in the mountain holes and in the forests, but nowhere could He find them
- Thus Lord Sri Krsna spoke of the sexual activities of the previous night. In this way He made Srimati Radharani close Her eyes out of shyness. Taking this opportunity, Sri Krsna painted various types of dolphins on Her breasts
- Thus praised by Indra, Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, smiled beautifully and then replied in a grave voice like a rumbling cloud
- Thus Radha and Lord Krsna are one, yet They have taken two forms to enjoy the mellows of pastimes
- Thus the Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna is the original, primeval Lord, the source of all other expansions. All the revealed scriptures accept Sri Krsna as the Supreme Lord
- When He (Krsna) was playing just like a child on the lap of His mother Yasodamayi or just like a cowherd boy with His transcendental friends, He continued to remain God, without the slightest diminution of His six opulences. Thus He is always unrivaled
- When Indra poured incessant water on Vrndavana for seven days, the inhabitants were protected by Krsna, who raised Govardhana Hill over their heads as a great umbrella. Thus Lord Krsna is also known as Govardhana-dhari
- When Krsna and Balarama were crawling about Vrajabhumi, They were enchanted by the sound of ankle bells. Thus They sometimes followed other people, who would enjoy the crawling of Krsna and Balarama
- When Lord Krsna thus encouraged King Yudhisthira, the King's face brightened like a blossoming flower because of transcendental happiness, and thus he ordered his younger brothers to conquer all the worldly kings in all directions
- When Lord Krsna was personally present, there were many such (puffed up) kings all over the world, and He thus arranged for the Battle of Kuruksetra
- When Lord Krsna was thus worshiped by King Yudhisthira, all the members present in the assembly stood up with folded hands and began to chant, "Jaya! Jaya! Namah! Namah!"
- When Lord Krsna, Arjuna and the queens were thus engaged in these jubilant activities, persons who were not clean in heart were agitated by lustful desires
- When Lord Sri Krsna saw Paundraka imitating His posture and dress, He could not check His laughter, and thus He laughed with great satisfaction
- When the devotee is freed from all sinful material activities, Krsna attracts his body, mind and senses to His service. Thus Krsna is very merciful, and His transcendental qualities are very attractive
- While they (Krsna and His cowherd boyfriends) were thus enjoying their childhood pastimes, a demon known by the name of Vyomasura, "the demon who flies in the sky," appeared on the scene. He was the son of another great demon, named Maya
- You (Krsna) have fought with Jarasandha eighteen times, out of which You have defeated him seventeen times by surpassing his extraordinarily powerful position. But eighteenth fight You exhibited Your human behavior, & thus You were defeated
- You (Krsna) however, are the cause of this external energy, and thus You remain unaffected by the action and reaction of the different elements. And because You are transcendental to such compulsions of material energy, You are the supreme tranquillity