Category:Krsna Book Chapter 82 - Lord Krsna and Balarama Meet the inhabitants of Vrndavana
Pages in category "Krsna Book Chapter 82 - Lord Krsna and Balarama Meet the inhabitants of Vrndavana"
The following 146 pages are in this category, out of 146 total.
- A person in full Krsna consciousness is always liberated from false egoism; he utilizes everything for Krsna's service and is not at any time separated from Krsna
- According to the Vedic system, there are two classes of food. One is called raw food, and the other is called cooked food. "Raw food" does not indicate raw vegetables and raw grains but food boiled in water, whereas cooked food is made in ghee
- After many births of accumulated pious activities, they (members of the Yadu dynasty) were given the chance to associate with Lord Krsna
- After meeting Them (Krsna and Balarama) and embracing Them, all their sufferings were mitigated. After this, Krsna's mother, Devaki, and Balarama's mother, Rohini, both embraced mother Yasoda
- After the brahmanas are fed, it is the custom for the host, with their permission, to accept prasadam. Thus, with the permission of the brahmanas, all the members of the Yadu dynasty took lunch
- After the eclipse, all the members of the Yadu dynasty again took their baths in the lakes created by Lord Parasurama. Then they sumptuously fed the brahmanas with first-class cooked food, all prepared in butter
- All the brahmanas invited on that occasion by the members of the Yadu dynasty were fed sumptuously with cooked food
- All the members of the Yadu dynasty were naturally very beautiful, yet on this occasion, when they appeared duly decorated with gold necklaces and flower garlands, dressed in valuable clothing and properly armed with their respective weapons
- All the neighbors and relatives were connected with Lord Krsna's pastimes in this world, and as such Krsna was the center of all their activities
- All the Vedic hymns glorify the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna. The Ganges water is considered sanctified because of its being the water used to wash the lotus feet of Lord Krsna
- All the Yadus and the residents of Vrndavana felt such great pleasure in meeting and talking together that it was a unique scene
- All the Yadus and Vrndavana residents had been very eager to meet, and when they actually came forward and met, they embraced one another to their heart's satisfaction and remained in embrace for a considerable time
- All those cows were fully decorated with nice dress and ornaments. The special feature of these cows was that they had golden ankle bells and flower garlands on their necks
- All who were there personally visited Lord Balarama and Krsna, and being properly welcomed by Them, they began to glorify the members of the Yadu dynasty, especially Krsna and Balarama
- Although a living entity is forced to act by the material energy, he falsely thinks that he is the all-in-all and the supreme enjoyer
- Although Lord Parasurama is fully powerful and uncontaminated, in order to exhibit ideal character He performed great sacrifices at Samanta-pancaka to atone for His so-called sinful killing of the ksatriyas
- Arriving in Kuruksetra, the members of the Yadu dynasty took baths ceremoniously, with self-control, as enjoined in the sastras, & they observed fasting for the whole period of the eclipse in order to nullify the reactions of their sinful activities
- As far as the gopis of Vrndavana were concerned, from the very beginning of their lives they did not know anything beyond Krsna. Krsna and Balarama were their life and soul
- As soon as He (Krsna) approached the gopis, the Lord smiled, and after embracing them and inquiring about their welfare, He began to encourage them, saying
- As soon as they (members of the yadu dynasty) saw the residents of Vrndavana, they stood up to welcome them and appeared to have regained their life
- As soon as Vasudeva saw Nanda Maharaja, Vasudeva jumped up and ran over to him and embraced him very affectionately
- Because almost all the members of the Yadu dynasty went to Kuruksetra, some important personalities, like Aniruddha, the son of Pradyumna, and Krtavarma, the commander in chief of the Yadu dynasty
- Because almost all the members of the Yadu dynasty went to Kuruksetra, some important personalities, Sucandra, Suka and Sarana, remained in Dvaraka to protect the city
- Because of His (Krsna) presence, all our ambitions and desires are gradually being fulfilled. Your Majesty, King of the Bhojas, you are related with the Yadu dynasty by matrimonial relationship, and by blood relationship also
- Because of Their (Balarama and Krsna) feeling affection for Nanda and Yasoda, Lord Krsna and Balarama became choked up, and for a few seconds They could not speak
- Because of their (gopis) separation from Krsna, He might have asked them to return with Him to His capital city, Dvaraka. But the inhabitants of Vrndavana, the gopis, were not interested in the idea of going with Krsna to Dvaraka
- Because their (members of the Yadu dynasty and the cowherds of Vrndavana) minds were always engaged in Krsna, they were automatically freed from all material activities
- Because they had been separated from Krsna for so many years, the gopis, having come along with Nanda Maharaja and mother Yasoda, felt intense ecstasy upon seeing Krsna
- Because Ugrasena was the King of the Bhojas, he was considered the chief Yadu, and therefore the visitors specifically addressed him
- Being thus implicated in material entanglement, is forced by the material energy to continue his material existence
- By astronomical calculation, people were informed about this great eclipse prior to its taking place, and therefore everyone, both men and women, decided to assemble at the holy place in Kuruksetra known as Samanta-pancaka
- By talking among themselves, they soon forgot all their past miseries. Kuntidevi especially addressed her brother Vasudeva as follows
- By the influence of time and circumstances, all the opulences of this world were almost completely wiped out, but since Krsna has appeared on this planet, all auspicious features have again appeared due to the touch of His lotus feet
- Dear Krsna, we are always busy in our family affairs. We therefore request that You remain within our hearts as the rising sun. That will be Your greatest benediction
- Devaki and Rohini said, "Actually They are not our sons; They belong to you. Nanda Maharaja and you (Yasodadevi) are the real father and mother of Krsna and Balarama"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "As long as They (Krsna and Balarama) were under your (Yasodadevi) care They had not even a pinch of difficulty. Under your protection, They were completely out of the way of all kinds of fear"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "Dear Queen Yasodadevi, you and Nanda Maharaja have been great friends to us, and when we remember you we are immediately overwhelmed by the thought of your friendly activities"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "The most noble personalities do not discriminate between their own sons and the sons of others, and there cannot be any personalities more noble than Nanda Maharaja and you (Yasodadevi)"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "This most affectionate care which you (Yasodadevi) have taken for Them (Krsna and Balarama) is completely befitting your elevated position"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "We are so indebted to you that even if we were to return your benediction by giving you the opulence of the King of heaven, it would not be enough to repay you for your friendly behavior"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "We shall never forget your kindly behavior toward us. When Krsna and Balarama were born, before They even saw Their real father and mother, They were entrusted to your care"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "You (Yasodadevi) have nicely fed, nourished and loved Them (Krsna and Balarama) and have performed many auspicious religious ceremonies for Their benefit"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "You (Yasodadevi) raised Them (Krsna and Balarama) as your own children, fostering Them as birds take care of their offspring in the nest"
- Drops of tears fell from their (all the Yadus and the residents) eyes, the hair on their bodies stood on end, and because of their extreme ecstasy, they were temporarily speechless
- Due to such heart-to-heart embracing, torrents of tears glided down their (all the Yadus and the residents) cheeks. The juniors were offering obeisances to the elders, and the elders were offering their blessings to the juniors
- If the devotee knows perfectly that the arca-vigraha, or Deity form of Lord Krsna in the temple, is exactly the same sac-cid-ananda-vigraha as Krsna Himself, then his service to the temple Deity becomes direct service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- In the absence of Krsna consciousness, the forgetful living entity, although part and parcel of Krsna, falsely puts himself in the position of enjoyer of the material world
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord says that He (Krsna) is present everywhere in His impersonal feature. Everything exists in Him, but still He is not personally present everywhere
- In this meeting at Kuruksetra, Kuntidevi and Vasudeva, who were sister and brother, met after a long separation, along with their respective sons and daughters-in-law, children and other family members
- It appears that Kuntidevi was remembering the miserable days when she had been banished with her sons through the mischievous plans of Dhrtarastra and Duryodhana
- King Nanda, accompanied by his cowherd men, had loaded all their necessary paraphernalia on bullock carts, and all of the Vrndavana residents had come to Kuruksetra to see their beloved sons Lord Balarama and Lord Krsna
- Krsna could understand that the gopis were rapt in ecstasy by embracing Him in their minds, and therefore, since He is present in everyone's heart, He reciprocated the embracing from within
- Krsna said, " My dear gopis, I request that instead of being afflicted, you try to accept everything with a philosophical attitude"
- Krsna said, "After all, you (gopis) should know that it was not My intention to leave you; our separation was ordained by Providence, who after all is the supreme controller and does as He desires"
- Krsna said, "Any living entity who develops such unalloyed devotional affection for Me certainly at the end goes back home, back to Godhead"
- Krsna said, "As the Supreme Absolute Truth, I am transcendental to the living entity, as well as to his material embodiment. The two energies, material and spiritual, both act under My supreme control"
- Krsna said, "At the creation of this cosmic manifestation, during its maintenance and after its dissolution, everything is but a different manifestation of My energy"
- Krsna said, "Because the energy is not separate from Me, it is to be concluded that I am existing in everything"
- Krsna said, "Fortunately, you (gopis) have developed loving affection for Me, which is the only way to achieve the transcendental position of association with Me"
- Krsna said, "He (Krsna) causes the intermingling of different persons, and again disperses them as He desires"
- Krsna said, "I can understand that I have been ungrateful to you, but still I know that you (gopis) are faithful to Me. May I inquire if you have been thinking of Us, although We had to leave you behind"
- Krsna said, "In the same way, the body of a living being is nothing but a composition of the five elements, and the living entity embodied in the material condition is also part and parcel of Me"
- Krsna said, "It is always of the same physical composition, whether in its beginning, during its existence or after its annihilation"
- Krsna said, "My dear friends, you know that Lord Balarama and I left Vrndavana just to please Our relatives and family members. Thus We were long engaged in fighting with Our enemies and were obliged to forget you, who were so much attached to Me"
- Krsna said, "My dear gopi friends, you may know from Me that it is My energies only which are acting everywhere. Take, for example, an earthen pot. It is nothing but a combination of earth, water, air, fire and sky"
- Krsna said, "My dear gopis, do you now dislike remembering Me, considering Me to have been ungrateful to you? Do you take My misbehavior with you very seriously"
- Krsna said, "The earthen pot is made of earth, water, fire, air and sky, while it remains it is the same in composition, & when it is broken and annihilated its different ingredients are conserved in different parts of the material energy"
- Krsna said, "The living entity is imprisoned in the material condition on account of his false conception of himself as the supreme enjoyer. This false ego of the living entity is the cause of his imprisonment in material existence"
- Krsna said, "unalloyed devotional service and affection for Me are the cause of supreme liberation"
- Krsna said, "You (gopis) will understand that you are always with Me and that there is no cause of lamentation in our being separated from one another"
- Krsna was sitting with mother Yasoda and His other mothers, Devaki and Rohini, but when the mothers engaged in talking, He took the opportunity and went to a secluded place to meet the gopis
- Kuntidevi continued, "My dear brother (Vasudeva), I can understand that when providence goes against someone, even one’s nearest relatives forget him"
- Kuntidevi said, "In such a condition, even one’s father, one’s mother or one’s own children will forget him. Therefore, my dear brother, I do not accuse you (Vasudeva)"
- Kuntidevi said, "My dear brother (Vasudeva), I am very unfortunate because not one of my desires has ever been fulfilled; otherwise how could it happen that although I have such a saintly brother as you, perfect in all respects"
- Kuntidevi said, "You (Vasudeva) did not inquire from me as to how I was passing my days in a distressed condition of life"
- Lord Balarama and Krsna also embraced King Nanda and mother Yasoda, and then They offered Their respect unto their lotus feet by bowing down
- Lord Krsna, being profoundly attached to the gopis, never goes away from Vrndavana, and the gopis and other residents of Vrndavana remain fully satisfied in Krsna consciousness
- Lord Parasurama is visnu-tattva. As stated in the Isopanisad, visnu-tattva cannot be contaminated by any sinful activity
- No one can even imagine how eager the gopis were to see Krsna again. As soon as Krsna became visible to them, they took Him inside their hearts through their eyes and embraced Him to their full satisfaction
- Not only the gopis but anyone who follows these instructions of Krsna is immediately freed from the jiva-kosa imprisonment
- Since it is a Vedic custom to give in charity as much as possible during the hours of the eclipse, the members of the Yadu dynasty distributed many hundreds of cows in charity to the brahmanas
- Some of the prominent visitors were as follows: Bhismadeva, Dronacarya, Dhrtarastra, Duryodhana, Gandhari along with her sons, King Yudhisthira along with his wife, and the Pandavas along with Kunti
- Some of the rulers belonged to opposing parties, and some were friends. But above all, the visitors from Vrndavana were most prominent
- Some Yadus rode on sturdy, stalwart elephants that moved like the clouds in the sky. Their wives were carried on beautiful palanquins by beautiful men whose features resembled those of the Vidyadharas
- Srimati Radharani refused to go with Krsna to Dvaraka to enjoy His company in the atmosphere of royal opulence, for She wanted to enjoy His company in the original Vrndavana atmosphere
- Taking advantage of the occasion of the solar eclipse, all important persons from all parts of Bharata-varsa visited the holy place of pilgrimage
- Taking advantage of the solar eclipse, they (the residents of Vrndavana) all came to see their life and soul, Krsna and Balarama
- The ceremonial functions performed by the members of the Yadu dynasty externally resembled the ritualistic ceremonies performed by the karmis
- The consciousness of the living entity who falsely presents himself as the enjoyer of the material world is called jiva-kosa, which means imprisonment by the false ego
- The cosmic manifestation is nothing but a display of Krsna's energy, and because the energy is not different from the energetic, nothing is different from Krsna. When this absolute consciousness, KC, is absent, we are separated from Krsna
- The ecstatic trance they achieved simply by mentally embracing Krsna is impossible to achieve even for great yogis constantly engaged in meditation on the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The entire assembly looked as beautiful as an assembly of the demigods of heaven
- The family members of the Yadu dynasty and the cowherds of Vrndavana had their minds fixed on Krsna. That is the symptom of perfect knowledge
- The gopis are always liberated souls because they are fully in Krsna consciousness. They only pretended to be entangled in household affairs in Vrndavana
- The gopis prayed, "The conditioned soul fallen in the dark well of this material existence can very easily take shelter of Your lotus feet. Thus his deliverance is guaranteed"
- The gopis were so attached to Krsna that they could not even tolerate not seeing Him momentarily when their eyelids blinked and impeded their vision
- The gopis, having been instructed by Krsna in this philosophy of simultaneous oneness and difference, remained always in Krsna consciousness and thus became liberated from all material contamination
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana were well-wishers and intimate friends of the Yadu dynasty. This meeting of the two parties after long separation was a very touching incident
- The members of the Yadu dynasty came to Kuruksetra in their gorgeously decorated chariots, which resembled the airplanes of the demigods and which were pulled by big horses that moved like the waves of the ocean
- The most fortunate Nanda and mother Yasoda placed their sons on their laps and began to embrace Them to their full satisfaction
- The process of devotional service is the revival of KC and if the devotee is fortunate enough to understand that the material energy is not separate from Krsna, then he can utilize the material energy and its products in the service of the Lord
- The real elevation of human life rests on knowledge and renunciation. As stated in the First Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, devotional service rendered to Krsna automatically produces perfect knowledge and renunciation
- The residents of Vrndavana, headed by Nanda Maharaja, had been living in great anxiety because of separation from Krsna and Balarama
- The S.Lord is the creator of everything. The objects we see are different manifestations of His energy. By His supreme will we are sometimes united and sometimes separated. We can therefore conclude that ultimately we are absolutely dependent on His will
- The Samanta-pancaka pilgrimage site is celebrated because Lord Parasurama performed great sacrifices there after killing all the ksatriyas in the world twenty-one times
- The temple itself, the temple paraphernalia and the food offered to the Deity are also not separate from Krsna
- The Vedic scriptures are nothing but the injunctions of Lord Krsna. The purpose of the study of all the Vedas is to know Krsna; therefore, the words of Krsna and the message of His pastimes are always purifying
- The visitors said, "All of you are factually relieved from all material contamination and are situated in the transcendental position of liberation and Brahman existence"
- The visitors said, "As a result, you (Ugrasena) are constantly associating with Lord Krsna, and you have no difficulty in seeing Him or touching Him at any time"
- The visitors said, "Lord Krsna moves with you (Ugrasena), talks with you, sits with you, rests with you, and dines with you"
- The visitors said, "The Yadus appear to be always engaged in worldly affairs, which are considered to be the royal road to hell, but due to the presence of Lord Krsna, the original P.G in the Visnu category, who is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent"
- The visitors said, "Your Majesty Ugrasena, King of the Bhojas, factually the Yadus are the only persons within this world who are perfect in all respects. All glories unto you! All glories unto you"
- Their (members of the Yadu dynasty) ambition was to offer Krsna perpetual devotion with faith. All the members of the Yadu dynasty were great devotees
- There were the rulers of Kunti Province, Anarta Province, Kerala Province and many other countries and provinces
- There were the rulers of Matsya Province, Usinara Province, Kosala Province, Vidarbha Province, Kuru Province, Srnjaya Province, Kamboja Province, Kekaya Province, Madras Province
- They (all the Yadus and the residents) thus welcomed one another and asked after one another's welfare. Ultimately, however, all their talk was only of Krsna
- They (gopis) condemned Brahma, the creator of the body, because he foolishly made eyelids which blinked and checked their seeing Krsna
- They (gopis) wanted to remain busy in Vrndavana and thus feel the presence of Krsna in every step of their lives. They immediately invited Krsna to come back to Vrndavana
- They (members of the yadu dynasty) selected resting places underneath big shady trees, and when they had taken sufficient rest, they prepared to receive visitors, among whom were relatives and friends, as well as many subordinate kings and rulers
- This important instruction by Lord Krsna to the gopis can be utilized by all devotees engaged in Krsna consciousness. The whole philosophy is considered on the basis of inconceivable, simultaneous oneness and difference
- This stage of life is called yukta-vairagya, as enunciated by Srila Rupa Gosvami. Knowledge and renunciation, therefore, do not mean dry speculation and renunciation of activities. Rather, one must start speaking and acting only in relationship with Krsna
- Transcendental emotional existence of the gopis is the basic principle of Lord Caitanya's teaching. The Ratha-yatra festival observed by Lord Caitanya is the emotional process of taking Krsna back to Vrndavana
- Vasudeva and Ugrasena received the kings who came to see them, and they sufficiently welcomed them all. Seeing Lord Krsna present on the spot, all the visitors felt transcendental pleasure and became very peaceful
- Vasudeva began to narrate his own past history - how he had been imprisoned by King Kamsa, how his babies had been killed, how immediately after Krsna’s birth he had carried Krsna to the place of Nanda Maharaja
- Vasudeva began to narrate how Krsna and Balarama had been raised by Nanda Maharaja and his queen, Yasoda, as their own children
- Vasudeva replied to his sister, "My dear sister (Kuntidevi), do not be sorry, and do not blame me in that way. We should always remember that we are all only toys in the hands of providence"
- Vasudeva replied, "Everyone is under the control of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It is under His control only that all kinds of fruitive actions and their reactions take place"
- Vasudeva replied, "My dear sister, you know that we were very much harassed by King Kamsa, and by his persecutions we were scattered here and there. We were always full of anxieties"
- Vasudeva replied, "Only in the last few days have we returned to our own places, by the grace of God (Krsna)"
- Visitors said, "The condition of your (Ugrasena) perfection is that you always see Krsna, who is sought by many mystic yogis undergoing severe austerities and penances for great numbers of years. All of you are in direct touch with Krsna at every moment"
- We see that a strong wind will mingle together clouds, atomic particles of dust or broken pieces of cotton, & after the strong wind subsides, all the clouds, particles of dust and pieces of cotton are again separated, scattered in different places
- Whatever activities they (all the Yadus and the residents) performed - social, political, religious or conventional - were transcendental
- When a karmi performs some ritualistic ceremony, his ambition is sense gratification - good position, good wife, good house, good children or good wealth - but the ambition of the members of the Yadu dynasty was different
- When Lord Parasurama killed all the ksatriyas, their accumulated blood flowed like a stream. Lord Parasurama dug five big lakes at Samanta-pancaka and filled them with this blood
- When Nanda Maharaja and the other residents of Vrndavana had heard that Krsna would be present in Kuruksetra because of the solar eclipse and that all the members of the Yadu dynasty would also be there, they had immediately prepared to go there
- When the visitors saw Lord Krsna with His thousands of queens, they were fully satisfied at the sight of such beauty and transcendental opulence
- When they (all the Yadus and the residents) were embracing one another in their arms, the saffron and kunkuma spread on their breasts was exchanged from one person to another, and they all felt heavenly ecstasy
- While Lord Krsna and Balarama were living peacefully in Their great city of Dvaraka, there was the rare occasion of a full solar eclipse, such as takes place at the end of every kalpa, or day of Brahma
- While the men were meeting in that way, the women also met one another in the same manner. They embraced one another in great friendship, smiling very mildly, and looked at one another with much affection