Category:Krsna Book Chapter 59 - The Deliverance of the Demon Bhaumasura
Pages in category "Krsna Book Chapter 59 - The Deliverance of the Demon Bhaumasura"
The following 100 pages are in this category, out of 100 total.
- A selfish man is not prepared to take to Krsna consciousness and is condemned by great devotees like Sukadeva Gosvami. In other words, possession of too many worldly riches is a disqualification for advancement in Krsna consciousness
- Actually, Krsna had purposely taken His wife Satyabhama with Him so that she could collect the parijata with her own hand. But the denizens of the heavenly planets, including Indra, were very irritated
- After defeating Indra, Krsna arranged to marry the 16,100 girls brought from the custody of Bhaumasura. By expanding Himself in 16,100 forms, He simultaneously married them all in different palaces at the same auspicious moment
- After this incident, Krsna & Satyabhama entered Amaravati, the capital city of the heavenly planets, and they immediately entered the palace of King Indra & his wife, Sacidevi, who welcomed them. Krsna then presented Indra with the earrings of Aditi
- After this, the earth personified offered her prayers to Krsna, the Supreme Personality and master of the world, who is always worshiped by exalted demigods. She fell down in obeisances and, in great devotional ecstasy, began to speak
- After this, there was a network of barbed wiring constructed by a demon of the name Mura. The city appeared well protected even in terms of today's scientific advancements
- Although each and every queen had thousands of maidservants engaged for her service, the queens were all personally attentive in serving Krsna. Each one of them used to receive Krsna personally when He entered the palace
- Although He (Krsna) showed His extraordinary opulences by simultaneously marrying more than sixteen thousand wives in more than sixteen thousand palaces, He behaved with them just like an ordinary man
- As the parijata tree came down to the earthly planet, the fragrance of its flowers also came down, and the celestial drones migrated to this earth in search of their fragrance and honey
- As usual, Krsna came out victorious, and He triumphantly brought the parijata tree chosen by His wife to this earth planet, to Dvaraka. After this, the tree was installed in the palace garden of Satyabhama
- At this time, the earth personified appeared before Lord Krsna and greeted Him with a Vaijayanti flower garland. She then returned the dazzling earrings of Aditi, bedecked with jewels and gold
- Bhaumasura thus came to see that none of his tricks would act upon Krsna, and he became aware that all his attempts to kill Krsna would be frustrated. Yet he tried for the last time, taking a trident in his hand to strike Him
- Bhaumasura, who was also known as Narakasura, happened to be the son of the earth personified
- First of all he (Demon Mura) attacked the carrier of Krsna, Garuda, by whirling and then throwing his trident, and through his five mouths he vibrated sounds like the roaring of a lion
- Fortunately, Garuda was not an ordinary bird, and he felt the strokes given by Bhaumasura just as a great elephant feels the impact of a garland of flowers
- He (Bhaumasura) conquered a portion of heavenly Mount Meru and occupied the portion known as Mani-parvata. The King of the heavenly planets, Indra, therefore came to Dvaraka to complain about Bhaumasura before Lord Krsna
- He (Bhaumasura) saw that Krsna's carrier, Garuda, had caused great disturbance to his soldiers and elephants, and in great anger he struck Garuda with all his strength, which defied the strength of a thunderbolt
- He (Bhaumasura) then came out of the city with a great number of elephants who had all been born and brought up on the seashore. All of them were highly intoxicated
- He (Indra) had offered his prayer, tipping down his head to the lotus feet of Krsna, but as soon as his purpose had been served, he became a different creature. That is the way of the dealings of materialistic men
- He (Krsna) arranged for suitable garments and ornaments for them (the young princesses), and each of them, seated on a palanquin, was dispatched to Dvaraka City
- He (Krsna) strictly followed the relationship between husband and wife required in ordinary homes. Therefore, it is very difficult to understand the characteristics of the Supreme Brahman, the Personality of Godhead
- He (Krsna) thus established the truth that Krsna and no one else is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- He had five heads and had long been living within the water. The Mura demon was as brilliant as the sun at the time of the dissolution of the cosmos, and his temper was like blazing fire
- Hearing this complaint by Indra, the King of heaven, Krsna, accompanied by His wife Satyabhama, immediately started for the abode of Bhaumasura. The two of them rode on the back of Garuda, who flew them to Pragjyotisa-pura, Bhaumasura's capital city
- In the palace of Bhaumasura, Lord Krsna saw 16,100 young princesses, who had been kidnapped and held captive there
- In their dealings as husband and wife, Krsna & His queens would smile, talk, joke, embrace and so on, and their conjugal relationship ever-increasingly developed. In this way, Krsna and the queens enjoyed transcendental happiness in their household life
- Indra, along with other demigods, offered opposition to Krsna and Satyabhama for taking away the (Parijata) tree, but in order to please His favorite wife Satyabhama, Krsna became determined and adamant, so there was a fight
- King Indra's behavior toward Krsna was not very much appreciated by great sages like Sukadeva Gosvami
- Krsna also collected unlimited wealth from the palace, a treasure of chariots, horses, jewels and so on. He took from the palace fifty white elephants, each with four tusks, and all of them were dispatched to Dvaraka
- Krsna could understand the competitive womanly nature of His co-wives (Rukmini and Satyabhama), and He had smiled. He had immediately asked Satyabhama, "Why are you asking for only one flower? I would like to give you a whole tree of parijata flowers"
- Krsna then threw His weapons, and Bhaumasura's commander in chief, Pitha, along with his assistants, fell down, their military dress cut off and their heads, legs, arms and thighs severed. All of them were sent to the superintendent of death, Yamaraja
- Krsna was so dexterous that before Bhaumasura could throw his trident, his head was cut off by the sharp Sudarsana cakra. His head, illuminated by earrings and a helmet, fell down on the battlefield
- Krsna, with His arrows, cut all the weapons of the men of Bhaumasura into pieces, like grains
- Krsna, with the aid of His Sudarsana cakra, immediately separated the demon's five heads from his body. The demon then fell into the water, just as the peak of a mountain falls into the ocean after being struck by the thunderbolt of Indra
- Lord Krsna counteracted all these weapons by releasing His feathered arrows. The result of this fight was that all the soldiers and commanders of Bhaumasura fell to the ground
- Lord Krsna saw that the trident of the Mura demon was rushing toward His carrier, Garuda. Immediately, by a trick of His hand, He took two arrows and threw them toward the trident, cutting it to pieces
- Lord Krsna, with His own club, broke the club of Mura to pieces before it could reach Him. The demon, bereft of his weapon, decided to attack Krsna with his strong arms
- On account of this extraordinary tree (Parijata tree), the garden house of Satyabhama became extraordinarily beautiful
- On the occasion of Bhaumasura's being killed by Lord Krsna, all the demon's relatives screamed in disappointment, and the saintly persons glorified the chivalrous activities of the Lord
- Once Narada had taken a parijata flower and presented it to Krsna's senior wife, Sri Rukmini-devi. On account of this, Satyabhama had developed an inferiority complex; she also wanted such a flower from Krsna
- Out of His causeless mercy, Krsna had gone to the heavenly kingdom, Amaravati, to present King Indra with his mother's earrings, which had been lost to Bhaumasura, and Indra had been very glad to receive them
- Satyabhama remembered Krsna's promise to give her a parijata tree. Taking the opportunity of having come to the heavenly kingdom, she uprooted a parijata tree and placed it on the back of Garuda
- She (The Earth personified) also returned the umbrella of Varuna, along with a valuable jewel, which she presented to Krsna
- Simultaneously, using many arrows, He (Krsna) pierced the mouths of the demon Mura. When the Mura demon saw himself outmaneuvered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he immediately began to strike the Lord in great anger with his club
- Sincerely, seriously, they (young princesses) offered their hearts to Krsna's lotus feet with unalloyed devotional attitude. As the Supersoul in everyone's heart, Krsna could understand their uncontaminated desire, He agreed to accept them as His wives
- The demon Mura in his onslaught was like a big snake attacking Garuda. His angry mood was very severe, and he appeared ready to devour the three worlds
- The Earth personified continued, "Actually, my Lord, You (Krsna) are the material nature, You are the father of the universe, You are eternal time, which has caused the combination of the elements of nature & the manifestation of the material creation"
- The Earth personified continued, "Everything animate and inanimate in this phenomenal world - rests upon You (Krsna). Since everything is produced of You, nothing can be separate from You"
- The Earth personified continued, "Everything is therefore simultaneously one with You (Krsna) and different from You, and the philosophers who try to separate everything from You are certainly mistaken in their viewpoint"
- The Earth personified continued, "He (bhagadatta) has been very much affected by the ghastly situation created by the death of his father and has become very much confused and afraid"
- The Earth personified continued, "I have therefore brought him to surrender unto Your (Krsna's) lotus feet. I request Your Lordship to give shelter to this boy and bless him with Your lotus feet"
- The Earth personified continued, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto You (Krsna). Personally You are unborn; still, You are the father of the whole cosmic manifestation. You are the reservoir and shelter of all kinds of energies"
- The Earth personified continued, "My dear Lord, as for the three gods Brahma, Visnu and Siva, they are also not independent of You (Krsna). When there is a necessity of creating this cosmic manifestation, You create Your passionate appearance of Brahma"
- The Earth personified continued, "My dear Lord, may I inform You (Krsna) that this boy, whose name is Bhagadatta, is the son of my son, Bhaumasura"
- The earth personified continued, "My dear Lord, the lotus flower grows out of Your navel, and You are always decorated with a garland of lotus flowers"
- The Earth personified continued, "Please accept my respectful obeisances. You (Krsna) are the original Supreme Personality of Godhead and the supreme cause of all causes. Only Your Lordship is the reservoir of all knowledge"
- The Earth personified continued, "The manifested appearance of this world is caused by You (Krsna), and You are both the cause and effect of this cosmic manifestation. Please therefore accept my respectful obeisances"
- The Earth personified continued, "When You (Krsna) want to maintain this cosmic manifestation You expand Yourself as Visnu, the reservoir of all goodness. Similarly, You appear as Siva, master of the mode of ignorance, & thus dissolve the whole creation"
- The Earth personified continued, "Yet since You (Krsna) are transcendentally situated, nothing material can be identified with Your personality"
- The Earth personified continued, "You (Krsna) always maintain Your transcendental position, in spite of creating these three modes of material nature. You are never entangled in these modes of nature, as the ordinary living entities are"
- The Earth personified continued, "You (Krsna) possess all beauty, strength, fame, property, knowledge and renunciation; You are the shelter of all six opulences. Although You are all-pervading, You have appeared as the son of Vasudeva"
- The Earth personified continued, "Your (Krsna's) eyes are always spread like the petals of the lotus flower, and therefore they are all-pleasing to the eyes of others"
- The Earth personified continued, "Your (Krsna's) soft and delicate lotus feet are always worshiped by Your unalloyed devotees, and those lotus feet pacify their lotuslike hearts. I therefore repeatedly offer my respectful obeisances unto You"
- The Earth personified continued, 'You Krsna) are always transcendental to all these material activities. My dear Lord, I know that earth, water, fire, air, sky, the five sense objects, mind, the senses, their deities, egotism & the total material energy"
- The Earth personified said, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the Lord, who is always present with four symbols, namely His conchshell, disc, lotus and club, and who is the Lord of all demigods. Please accept my respectful obeisances unto You"
- The Earth personified said, "My dear Lord, You are the Supersoul, in order to satisfy the aspirations of Your devotees, You descend to the earth in Your various transcendental incarnations, which are just appropriate to the devotees' worshipful desire"
- The effulgence of his body (Demon Mura's) was so dazzling that he was difficult to see with open eyes. When he came out, he first took out his trident and rushed the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The elephants, feeling much pain from Garuda's attack on them, all dispersed from the battlefield. Bhaumasura alone remained on the battlefield, and he engaged himself in fighting with Krsna
- The Lord was fighting on the back of Garuda, who was helping Him by striking the horses and elephants with his wings and scratching their heads with his nails and sharp beak
- The next boundary was a water canal all around the city, and in addition the whole city was surrounded by electric wires. The next fortification was of anila, a gaseous substance
- The story of Bhaumasura - how he kidnapped, made captive sixteen thousand princesses by collecting them from the palaces of various kings, how he was killed by Krsna, the S L of wonderful character - is all described by Sukadeva to Pariksit in SB
- The vibration of Lord Krsna's conchshell sounded like a thunderbolt at the time of the dissolution of the whole cosmic manifestation. The demon Mura heard the vibration of the conchshell, awakened from his sleep and came out to see what had happened
- The wives of Krsna were so fortunate that they got the Supreme Personality of Godhead as their husband, although their husband's personality was unknown even to Brahma and the other demigods
- Their (Bhaumasura's soldiers and commanders) arms, legs and heads separated from their trunks, and all their horses and elephants also fell with them. In this way, all the weapons released by Bhaumasura were cut to pieces by the Lord's arrows
- There is no exaggeration in this story from SB. The queens of Krsna were all expansions of the goddess of fortune, Laksmiji. Krsna lived with them in different palaces, & He treated them exactly the same way an ordinary man treats his wife
- There is nothing impossible for Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead; He is all-powerful, omnipresent and imperishable
- There is nothing wonderful in this pastime. All the palaces of the more than 16,000 queens of Krsna were filled with suitable gardens, furniture and other paraphernalia, of which there is no parallel in this world
- These roaring vibrations spread all over the atmosphere until they extended all over the world and into outer space, up and down and out to the ten directions, rumbling throughout the entire universe
- They (the queens) engaged in seating Him (Krsna) on a nice couch, worshiping Him with all kinds of paraphernalia, washing His lotus feet with Ganges water, offering Him betel nuts and massaging His legs
- They (the queens) fanned Him (Krsna) nicely, offered Him fragrant essential floral oil, decorated Him with flower garlands, dressed His hair, asked Him to lie down to take rest, bathed Him personally and fed Him palatable dishes
- They (The seven sons of demon Mura) equipped themselves with the necessary weapons and situated Pitha, another demon, to act as commander in the battle. By the order of Bhaumasura, all of them combinedly attacked Krsna
- This demon Mura had seven sons, named Tamra, Antariksa, Sravana, Vibhavasu, Vasu, Nabhasvan and Aruna. All of them became puffed up and vengeful because of the death of their father, and to retaliate they prepared in great anger to fight with Krsna
- This selfish nature is found not only among the richer class of men on this planet but even in personalities like Indra and other demigods. Too much wealth makes a man selfish
- To enter the city of Pragjyotisa-pura was not a very easy task, because it was very well fortified. First of all, there were four strongholds guarding the four directions of the city, which was well protected on all sides by formidable military strength
- We should always remember that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, was playing exactly like a human being
- When a parijata tree from the heavenly kingdom was taken by Krsna, Indra had fought with Him. This was self-interest on the part of Indra
- When he (Bhaumasura) saw that all his soldiers, commanders and fighters had been killed on the battlefield by the strokes of the weapons of the Personality of Godhead, he became exceedingly angry at the Lord
- When Krsna and Satyabhama were returning from the capital city of Indra, Satyabhama remembered Krsna's promise to give her a parijata tree
- When Krsna arrived, He broke all the strongholds to pieces by the strokes of His club and scattered the military strength here and there by the constant onslaught of His arrows
- When Lord Krsna heard the prayers of mother earth, He immediately assured her of immunity from all fearful situations. He said to Bhagadatta, "Don't be afraid." Then He entered the palace of Bhaumasura, which was equipped with all kinds of opulences
- When the princesses saw the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, enter the palace, they immediately became captivated by the beauty of the Lord and prayed for His causeless mercy
- When they (Demon Mura's seven sons) came before Lord Krsna, they began to shower Him with many kinds of weapons, like swords, clubs, lances, arrows and tridents. But they did not know that the strength of the S P of Godhead is unlimited and invincible
- When they (the elephants) came out, they saw that Lord Krsna and His wife were beautifully situated high in outer space just like a blackish cloud about the sun, glittering with the light of electricity
- With His celebrated Sudarsana cakra Krsna counteracted the electrified boundary, annihilated the canals of water and the gaseous boundary, and cut to pieces the electrified network fabricated by the demon Mura
- Within their minds, they (the young princesses) decided to accept Lord Krsna as their husband without hesitation. Each one of them prayed to Providence that Krsna might become her husband
- Without their (the denizens of the heavenly planets) permission, Satyabhama had uprooted a parijata tree, which is not to be found on the earth planet