Krsna Book Chapter 37 - Killing the Kesi Demon and Vyomasura
Pages in category "Krsna Book Chapter 37 - Killing the Kesi Demon and Vyomasura"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- After being instructed by Kamsa, the demon Kesi assumed the form of a terrible horse. He entered the area of Vrndavana with the speed of the mind, his great mane flying and his hooves digging up the earth
- After He had killed the Kesi demon, Krsna returned to tending the cows with His friends in the forest as though nothing had happened
- After this incident (the killing of the Kesi demon), Narada Muni, the greatest of all devotees, came to see Krsna in a solitary place and began to talk with Him
- As Kesi's last breath came, his eyeballs bulged in their sockets and he passed stool and urine simultaneously. Thus the vital force of his life expired. When the horse was dead, his mouth became loose, and Krsna could extract His arm without difficulty
- As soon as Kesi reached Him, Krsna pushed His left arm within the horse's mouth, and it looked as though a big snake had entered a hole in the field. The horse felt great pain because Krsna's arm felt to him like a hot iron rod
- He (Krsna) caught hold of him exactly as a lion catches hold of a lamb. The demon tried to expand himself like a hill to escape arrest, but Krsna did not allow him to get out of His clutches
- He (Krsna) did not feel any surprise that the Kesi demon was killed so easily, but the demigods in the sky were amazed, and out of their great appreciation they offered Krsna greetings by showering flowers
- He (Krsna) was then praised by His friends and by the demigods for these wonderful acts. He again returned to Vrndavana with His cows and friends
- He (Vyomasura) was immediately thrown to the ground with great force and killed, just as an animal is killed in the slaughterhouse. After killing the Vyoma demon, Lord Krsna released all His friends from the caves of the mountain
- Kesi began to whinny and terrify the whole forest. Krsna saw that he was terrifying all the residents of Vrndavana with his whinnying and his tail wheeling in the sky like a big cloud. Krsna could understand that the horse was challenging Him to fight
- Kesi rushed toward the Lord with great speed and tried to trample Him with his legs, which were strong, forceful and as hard as stone. Krsna, however, immediately caught hold of his legs and thus baffled him
- Krsna was somewhat angry, and thus He began to whirl the horse (Kesi demon) around. After a few rounds, He contemptuously threw him a hundred yards away, just as Garuda throws a big snake
- Narada Muni said, "According to Your (Krsna's) perfect plan, this material world is created by the interaction of the modes of nature, and by You it is maintained and annihilated"
- Narada Muni said, "All these activities performed by Your (Krsnas) Grace will be sung by great poets throughout the world. And at the Battle of Kuruksetra You will take part as the chariot driver of Your friend Arjuna"
- Narada Muni said, "Although You (Krsna) are unaffected by all these activities, You are the supreme controller eternally"
- Narada Muni said, "I shall also see how You (Krsna) save King Nrga from a hellish condition. This You shall enact in Dvaraka. I shall also be able to see how You get Your wife and the Syamantaka jewel"
- Narada Muni said, "I shall also see how You (Krsna) save the son of a brahmana from death after he has already been transferred to another planet. After this, I will be able to see You kill the Paundraka demon and burn to ashes the kingdom of Kasi"
- Narada Muni said, "I shall be able to see the killing of other demons, like Sankha, Yavana, Mura and Narakasura. I shall also see how You (Krsna) take away the parijata flower from the kingdom of heaven and how You defeat the King of heaven himself"
- Narada Muni said, "I will see how You (Krsna) kill the King of Cedi and Dantavakra during the great sacrifice of Maharaja Yudhisthira. Besides all this, it will be possible for me to see many other chivalrous activities while You remain in Dvaraka"
- Narada Muni said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), as the Supersoul of all living entities, You remain concealed within their hearts exactly as fire remains concealed in every piece of fuel. You are the witness of all the activities of the living entities"
- Narada Muni said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), I am therefore sure that the day after tomorrow I shall see demons like Canura, Mustika and the other wrestlers and elephants, as well as Kamsa himself, killed by You. I shall see this with my own eyes"
- Narada Muni said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), I shall be able to see how You marry princesses, the daughters of chivalrous kings, by paying the price of ksatriya strength"
- Narada Muni said, "My dear Lord Krsna, You are the unlimited Supersoul, the supreme controller of all mystic powers, the Lord of the whole universe, the all-pervading Personality of Godhead"
- Narada Muni said, "The invincible death incarnation, eternal time, You (Krsna) will vanquish all belligerents assembled there. A large number of military forces killed in that battlefield. Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Your lotus feet"
- Narada Muni said, "You (Krsna) are not dependent on anything but Yourself; therefore I offer my respectful obeisances unto Your lotus feet." After offering his respectful obeisances to Lord Krsna, Narada Muni took permission and left
- Narada Muni said, "You (Krsna) are situated completely in the transcendental position, in perfect knowledge and bliss. You are complete in fulfilling all Your desires. By exhibiting Your internal potency, You have set up the influence of maya"
- Narada Muni said, "You (Krsna) are the resting place of the cosmic manifestation, the master of all the devotees and the Lord of everyone"
- Narada Muni said, "You (Krsna) are the supreme controller within their hearts. You are self-sufficient; before the creation, You existed, and by Your energy You have created all the material elements"
- Narada Muni said, "You (Krsna) have taken birth in the Yadu dynasty, or the Vrsni dynasty. Your advent on the surface of the earth in Your original form of eternal blissful knowledge is Your own pastime"
- Narada Muni said, "Your (Krsna's) unlimited potency cannot even be measured by anyone. My dear Lord, You are the supreme controller. You are under Your own internal potency, and it is simply vain to think that You are dependent on any of Your creations"
- Narada Muni said: "My dear Lord (Krsna), You have advented Yourself on the surface of this earth just to kill all the so-called kings who are actually demons. These hobgoblins are cheating people in the dress of the princely order"
- Narada Muni wanted to impress upon people in general that Krsna is fully independent. His activities, such as His appearance in the family of Yadu or His friendship with Arjuna, do not necessarily oblige Him to act to enjoy their results
- The Lord (Krsna) accepted his challenge and stood before the Kesi demon, calling him to fight. The horse then ran toward Krsna, making a horrible sound like a roaring lion, his jaws spread wide open as if to swallow the whole sky
- These demons can perform wonderful magic. Vyomasura took the part of a cowherd boy playing as a thief and stole many boys who were playing the parts of lambs
- They (Krsna's activities, His appearance) are all pastimes, and for Him (Krsna) they, are all play. But for us they are actual, tangible facts
- Thrown by Krsna, the horse immediately passed out, but after a little while he regained consciousness and with great anger and force again rushed toward Krsna with his mouth open
- Thus Krsna is eternally engaged in His transcendental activities in Vrndavana with His friends, the cowherd boys and gopis, but sometimes He exhibits the extraordinary prowess of the Supreme Personality of Godhead by killing different types of demons
- Whenever a ksatriya wants to marry a very beautiful and qualified daughter of a great king, he must fight his competitors and emerge victorious. Then he is given the hand of the princess in charity
- While they (Krsna and His cowherd boyfriends) were thus enjoying their childhood pastimes, a demon known by the name of Vyomasura, "the demon who flies in the sky," appeared on the scene. He was the son of another great demon, named Maya