Category:Krsna As a Husband
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Krsna As a Husband"
The following 150 pages are in this category, out of 150 total.
- A great devotee prayed, "I am a little surprised, however, that although Krsna is the husband of the goddess of fortune, His body is often marked with the nail pricks of ordinary society girls"
- A woman cannot be naked before any male except her husband. The unmarried gopis desired Krsna as their husband, and He fulfilled their desire in this way
- Accept Krishna as your husband & He will never cheat you. He is competent to maintain any number of wife with full comforts because He is Omnipotent. So remain busy in the service of your Husband and you will be happy in this life as well as in the next
- According to Sri Visvanatha Carkavarti Thakura, there was a regular psychological reaction on the occasion. First of all, rising from their seats, although they wanted to see their husband, they were deterred because of feminine shyness
- Actually every living entity is prakrti, or female, and Krsna is the only husband
- Actually, Krsna is the husband of everyone because He is the supreme enjoyer. The gopis wanted Krsna to be their husband, but factually there was no possibility of His marrying all the gopis
- After entering Dvaraka, Krsna was received in different ways by different members of His family. Upon seeing their husband from a distance, the queens of Dvaraka immediately embraced Him within their minds and slowly glanced over Him
- All of them (great sages who were the sons of fire-gods and rigidly followed the regulative principles in their desire to have conjugal love for Krsna) got Him as their husband
- All the 16,108 wives of Krsna were princesses, and when each saw that Krsna was always present in her respective palace and did not leave home, she considered Krsna a henpecked husband who was very much attached to her
- All the gopis, girls, before their marriage, they prayed to Katyayani that "You give me Krsna as my husband." So Krsna..., it is not possible socially, but Krsna makes such a plan that He accepted every one of them as His wife. That is vastrana-lila
- All these women auspiciously glorified their lives despite their being without individuality and without purity. Their husband, the lotus-eyed P of G, never left them alone at home. He always pleased their hearts by making valuable presentations
- Although due to feminine shyness there were many hindrances to embracing the dear husband, Lord Sri Krsna, the queens performed that act by seeing Him, by putting Him in the cores of their hearts, and by sending their sons to embrace Him
- Another gopi said, "Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the husband of the goddess of fortune, and He is self-sufficient"
- As husband of so many wives, He pleased them all with presentations, even at a costly endeavor. He brought the parijata plant from heaven and implanted it at the palace of Satyabhama, one of the principal queens
- As soon as the queens saw from a distance their husband (Krsna), who was away from home for long periods due to the Battle of Kuruksetra, they all arose from the slumber of meditation and prepared to receive their most beloved
- As such, when He (Krsna) was playing as the perfect husband of the queens, especially of Rukminiji, He enjoyed conjugal love in complete perfection
- At the same time, they continued to hope that Krsna would be their husband. Their attitude toward Krsna was that of paramour love. Therefore, the loving affairs of Krsna with the gopis are called parakiya-rasa
- Balarama said, "Does this mean that even Lord Krsna, the Lord of the whole creation and the husband of the goddess of fortune, cannot use this royal paraphernalia? The dust of Krsna's lotus feet is worshiped by all the great demigods"
- Because I have no fixed aim in life, people may call Me a vagabond. Therefore, I am surprised that you could select such a vagabond husband
- Because the queens accepted the high quality of devotional service, namely administering the Lord all comforts, the Lord played the part of a faithful and complete husband
- Being satisfied by their (Krsna's queens) unalloyed service only, the Lord reciprocated the service just like a devout husband. Otherwise He had no business becoming the husband of so many wives
- Factually the only real husband of all women is Krsna, the supreme husband. Because the gopis were liberated souls, they understood this fact. Therefore they rejected their material husbands and accepted Krsna as their real husband
- Following the example of the gopis, the devotees sometimes worship the goddess Katyayani, but they understand that Katyayani is an incarnation of Yogamaya. The gopis worshiped Katyayani, Yogamaya, to attain Krsna as their husband
- For a long time she (Satya) had cherished the idea of marrying Krsna and was following the principles of austerities to obtain her desired husband
- For getting facilities to approach gopis they worship Katyayani for getting Krsna as a husband. So we should follow
- He (Krsna) is atmarama, self-satisfied; He can derive all pleasure by Himself, without anyone’s help. But when the Lord descends to play the part of a human being, He plays a role either as a husband, son, friend or enemy in full perfection
- He (Krsna) plays exactly like a son in the presence of Yasodamata, He plays exactly like a lover in the presence of the cowherd damsels, and He plays exactly like a husband in the presence of the queens of Dvaraka
- He (Lord Krsna) is the husband of everyone, but to one who accepts Him as such, He reciprocates. This unalloyed affection for the Lord is never to be compared to mundane lust. It is purely transcendental
- He was equal to all the wives & treated them as a perfect husband would, just to please them. For Him, there was no need of even a single wife. Since they were women, the wives could not understand the exalted position of Krsna, nor the truths about Him
- Her (Kubja's) smiling glance and moving eyebrows were full of feminine bashfulness as she stood gracefully before Lord Krsna, who is known as Madhava, the husband of the goddess of fortune
- How supremely glorified is the dynasty of King Yadu, and how virtuous is the land of Mathura, where the supreme leader (Krsna) of all living beings, the husband of the goddess of fortune, has taken His birth and wandered in His childhood
- If a devotee wants to worship Krsna in conjugal love, Krsna perfectly plays the part of a husband or paramour
- In one night, therefore, they (the gopis) enjoyed the company of Krsna as their beloved husband, but that night was not an ordinary night
- In other words, she (Rukmini) displayed her real position as a woman. She was happy to get Krsna as her husband at the moment when her marriage to another was to be performed
- In the Padma Purana there is a statement about ecstatic love born of spontaneous affection. Candrakanti, a celebrated fair-faced girl, rigidly observed celibacy in order to obtain Krsna as her husband
- In their dealings as husband and wife, Krsna & His queens would smile, talk, joke, embrace and so on, and their conjugal relationship ever-increasingly developed. In this way, Krsna and the queens enjoyed transcendental happiness in their household life
- In these Puranas it is said that once the fair denizens of heaven pleased Astavakra Muni by their service and were blessed by the muni to have the Supreme Lord as their husband
- In this way, Rukmini compared the position of Rukmi with that of Krsna and very feelingly pleaded with her husband not to kill her brother just at the auspicious time of her being united with Krsna, but to excuse him
- Indra thought that Krsna was a henpecked husband who only by the will of His wife Satyabhama took away the property of heaven, and therefore he thought that Krsna could be punished
- It is already explained in the previous verse that the Lord appeared like a mundane husband, but factually His relation with His wives was transcendental, pure and unconditioned by the modes of material nature
- It is also said that Krsna lived in Dvaraka as the husband of the goddess of fortune. Queen Rukmini is the goddess of fortune, and all the other queens are her expansions
- Kalindi replied (to Arjuna), "I think He (Lord Visnu) is the Supreme Person and just suitable to become my husband. I disclose my desire thus because you wanted to know it"
- Kalindi said, "My dear Draupadi, I was engaged in great austerities and penances to get Lord Krsna as my husband. When He became aware of this fact, He very kindly came to me with His friend Arjuna and accepted me as His wife"
- King Nagnajit continued his request, "Krsna, if You'll kindly bridle the seven bulls and bring them under control, then undoubtedly You will be selected as the desired husband of my daughter, Satya"
- King Nagnajit continued, "Under these circumstances, who can be a better husband for my daughter? Both my daughter and I have always prayed for this opportunity. You (Krsna) are the chief of the Yadu dynasty"
- Krsna continued, "I am not a very reliable husband. The net result of being attracted to Me is to acquire a life of bereavement only"
- Krsna continued, "I cannot please all of them (Krsna's wives) as a polished husband. My behavior with them is not very nice, and I know that you are very conscious of it. I sometimes create a situation with My wives which is not very happy"
- Krsna continued, "I promise you that during the next autumn season you shall be able to meet with Me, and you shall enjoy Me as your husband"
- Krsna continued, "I think Myself completely unfit to be your husband because you (Rukmini) are so beautiful, sober, grave and exalted. May I inquire from you the reason that induced you to accept Me"
- Krsna continued, "My dear chaste and pious wife (Rukmini), I have tested, on the basis of strict chastity, your love for your husband, and you have passed the examination most successfully"
- Krsna continued, "My dear gopis, your desire to have Me as your husband will be fulfilled because it is with this desire that you worshiped goddess Katyayani"
- Krsna continued, "You (Rukmini) did not select any one of them as your husband but insisted on having Me. You neglected all the princes present, and very politely you sent Me a confidential letter inviting Me to kidnap you"
- Krsna continued, "You (Rukmini) mistakenly heard about My having very exalted character, although factually I was nothing more than a beggar. Without seeing Me and My actual position, simply by hearing about Me, you selected Me as your husband"
- Krsna enjoyed sixteen thousand beautiful wives, and it is most significant that He lived at Dvaraka as the only husband of these thousands of beautiful women
- Krsna is the only husband, and therefore the relationship between a husband and wife in this material world cannot be absolute
- Krsna is the original master or husband of everyone, and all other living entities, having taken the form of so-called husbands, or wives, are dancing according to His desire
- Krsna is the real husband not only of the gopis, but of every living entity. Everyone should perfectly understand that Krsna is the real husband of all living entities, who are described in the Bhagavad-gita as prakrti (female), not purusa (male)
- Krsna's behavior with His wives - His movements, His talking with them, His smiling, His embracing and similar other activities, which are just like those of a loving husband - kept them always very much attached to Him
- Laksmana said, "All of them (princes) were very agitated because of their lusty desires, but without caring for them, my husband, in His form as the four-handed Narayana, immediately took me on His chariot, which was drawn by four excellent horses"
- Laksmana said, "I have already told you that my father was very affectionate to me, so when he saw that my desire had been fulfilled by my getting Lord Krsna as my husband"
- Laksmana said, "Lord Krsna is always self-sufficient, yet my father, out of his own accord, offered my husband a dowry consisting of riches, soldiers, elephants, chariots, horses and many rare and valuable weapons"
- Laksmana said, "My dear Draupadi, when I accepted Lord Krsna as my worshipable husband and He accepted me as His maidservant, there was a tumultuous roaring among the disappointed princes"
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances again and again to those who always eagerly meditate upon the Supreme Personality of Godhead as a husband, son, friend, brother, father or intimate friend
- Lord Krsna and His queens remained together as husband and wife, and Krsna, as an ideal husband, treated them in such a way that at every moment there was an increase of transcendental bliss in their smiling exchanges, talking and mixing
- Lord Krsna is the husband of the goddess of fortune; being pleased with His pure devotee, He can offer whatever the devotee desires. But the pure devotee does not ask anything from the Lord for his personal benefit
- Lord Krsna was pleased with them (the gopis), and since they all desired to have Him as their husband, He told them, "My dear well-behaved girls, I know of your desire for Me and why you worshiped goddess Katyayani, & I completely approve of your action"
- Lord Krsna's dealings with Rukmini as a perfect husband are a perfect manifestation of the supreme perfection of the Personality of Godhead. There are many philosophers who propound a concept of the Absolute Truth in which God cannot do this or that
- May Lord Sri Krsna, who is the worshipable Lord of all devotees, the protector and glory of all the kings like Andhaka and Vrsni of the Yadu dynasty, the husband of all goddesses of fortune be merciful upon me
- Mitravinda said, "My dear Draupadi, there was a great assembly of princes at my svayamvara ceremony (the personal selection of a husband). Lord Krsna was also present in that meeting, and He accepted me as His maidservant"
- More than sixteen thousand queens in Dvaraka, engaged their feminine attractive features in the transcendental service of the Lord by smiling & serving, and the Lord was pleased to behave with them exactly like a perfect husband enjoying household life
- Motherly gopis, just like Yasoda and ladies, offer their, loving Krsna as son, and the younger girls, they're loving Krsna as husband, as lover. So in this way in Vrndavana there are different transcendental mellows of loving affairs
- My (Krsna's) dear daughter of the King of Vidarbha (Rukmini), I think you did not consider very sagaciously before your marriage. Thus you made a wrong selection by choosing Me as your husband
- My dear gopis, I accept your desire to have Me as your husband and thus worship Me. I wish your desire to be fulfilled because it deserves to be so
- O My Lord, O My husband, O most dearly beloved! O mighty-armed Lord! Where are You? Where are You? O My friend, reveal Yourself to Your maidservant, who is very much aggrieved by Your absence
- Once, along with her husband, she (Satyabhama) met Draupadi, and she was anxious to be instructed by Draupadi in the ways and means of pleasing her husband
- One can elevate oneself simply by Your grace, so also by Your direction alone one may be lost to all benedictions under the influence of eternal time. Therefore I (Rukmini) have selected You as my husband, brushing aside personalities like Brahma & Indra
- One day Vallabha Bhatta said to Advaita Acarya, "Every living entity is female (prakrti) and considers Krsna her husband (pati)"
- Real master is Krsna. So in this way, if we establish our relationship with Krsna as..., either as husband or lover or master or friend or son or father, it is perfect. It is perfect. We have to go to that stage
- Riding on palanquins nicely decorated with silks, flags and golden lace, the sixteen thousand queens followed their exalted husband, Lord Krsna. The infantry soldiers carried shields, swords and lances in their hands and acted as royal bodyguards
- Rukmi's sister, Rukmini, understanding that this time Krsna would not excuse her brother, fell down at Krsna's lotus feet and in a very grievous tone, trembling with great fear, began to plead with her husband
- Rukmini and Satyabhama were co-wives, and because Krsna was husband of both, there naturally was some feminine envy between them. So when Satyabhama heard the glories of Rukmini, she was envious of her and thus became disappointed
- Rukmini continued, "A woman who has learned about You (Krsna) - that You are praised not only in this world but in the halls of the great demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva - will not accept anyone besides You as her husband"
- Rukmini continued, "I have selected You (Krsna) as my husband, considering You to be the only fit personality. You may throw me in any species of life according to the reactions of my fruitive activities, and I haven't the least concern for this"
- Rukmini continued, "My dear husband, You (Krsna) have rightly said that You have taken shelter in the water of the sea as if You were afraid of the kings. But who are the kings of this material world"
- Rukmini continued, "My dear lotus-eyed husband, You are self-satisfied. You do not care whether or not I am beautiful or qualified; You are not at all concerned about it. Therefore Your non attachment for me is not at all astonishing; it is quite natural"
- Rukmini continued, "These so-called beggars execute their spiritual advancement in life, tolerating all tribulations in the material world. My dear husband (Krsna), do not think that I accepted You as my husband out of my inexperience"
- Rukmini continued, 'I have selected Your Lordship as my husband, and I therefore request You (Krsna) to accept me as Your wife. You are the supreme powerful, O lotus-eyed one. Now I belong to You'
- Rukmini continued, 'I know that You (Krsna) are the husband of the goddess of fortune and are very kind toward Your devotees; therefore I have decided to become Your eternal maidservant. My dear Lord, I dedicate my life and soul unto Your lotus feet'
- Rukmini desired to have Krsna for her husband and therefore prayed that the deity (Durga) be pleased with her and bless her with that benediction. Since she desired only Krsna, her worship of the demigods is not condemned
- Rukmini was conscious that her husband was not an ordinary human being. He was the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the master of the three worlds
- Rukmini was very eager to get the opportunity to serve her husband, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. She therefore wanted to serve the Lord personally and took the handle of the camara from the hand of a maidservant and began to move the fan
- Rukminidevi, the daughter of King Bhismaka, had heard about Krsna's transcendental attributes, and thus she desired to get Krsna as her husband
- Satyabhama instigated her husband to get the parijata flower from the heavenly planets, and the Lord got it even by force from the demigods, as a common husband secures things to please his wife
- She (Candrakanti) always engaged herself in meditating on the transcendental form of the Lord & always chanted the glories of the Lord. She did not desire to accept anyone else as her husband. She had firmly decided that only Krsna would be her husband
- She (Mitravinda) was to select her husband in an assembly of princes, but she strongly desired to have Krsna as her husband
- She (Satya) then began to think, "If I have performed any pious activities to the best of my ability, and if I have sincerely thought all along to have Krsna as my husband, then Krsna may be pleased to fulfill my long-cherished desire"
- She (Satyabhama) decorated her palace with various flags, heralding the news of her great husband's presence there
- She (the wife of the brahmana) said, "My dear lord, I know that Lord Krsna, the husband of the goddess of fortune, is your personal friend. You are also a devotee of Lord Krsna, and He is always ready to help His devotee"
- So they approached goddess Katyayani to have Krsna as their husband. There are many other circumstances which also testify to the supreme authority of Krsna and show that He is not bound by the rules and regulations of the material world
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami has remarked that Krsna is self-sufficient - He is atmarama. He doesn’t need anyone else for His satisfaction. Because the gopis wanted Krsna as their husband, He fulfilled their desire
- Such (parents, lovers and friends) devotees of the Lord never think of the Lord as the Supreme, but think of Him exactly as a common friend, a pet son, or a lover or husband very much dear to heart and soul
- Sudama thought, "Certainly these are gifts of Lord Krsna's causeless mercy. The Lord is self-sufficient, the husband of the goddess of fortune, and thus He is always full with six opulences"
- Svakiya is the relationship with Krsna as a formally married husband, and parakiya is the relationship with Krsna as a paramour
- The beautiful girl was the river Yamuna personified. She replied (to Arjuna), "Sir, I am the daughter of the sun-god, and I am now performing penance and austerity to have Lord Visnu as my husband"
- The conditioned soul is very proud of becoming the husband of even one wife, but the Lord laughs at this; the intelligent man can know who is the real husband. Factually, the Lord is the husband of all the women in His creation
- The desire of the gopis to enjoy the appearance of Lord Krsna was long cherished. So they approached Goddess Katyayani to have Krsna as their husband
- The exact words used in this connection are vardhayan kama-devam. In Vrndavana, as the boyfriend of many gopis, and in Dvaraka, as the husband of many queens, Krsna increased their lusty desires to enjoy with Him
- The girl (Kalindi) continued: "My dear sir, I know that you are the hero Arjuna; so I may further say that I shall not accept anyone as my husband besides Lord Visnu, because He is the only protector of all living entities"
- The gopis and the queens of Dvaraka, simply by enhancing their lusty desires to enjoy Krsna as their boyfriend or husband, received the highest type of salvation
- The gopis continued, "We always pray to Him, exclaiming, 'Dear Lord, dear husband of the goddess of fortune, dear Lord of Vrndavana and deliverer of the distressed devotees"
- The gopis had prayed to the goddess Katyayani to have Krsna as their husband. Now Krsna was fulfilling their desire by expanding Himself in as many forms as there were gopis and enjoying them exactly like a husband
- The gopis prayed to Katyayani to grant them Krsna as their husband, whereas mundaners visit the temple of Katyayani to receive some material profit. That is the difference between a Vaisnava's visit and a nondevotee's visit
- The gopis said, "If we accept You (Krsna) as our ultimate husband, then there is no question of being separated, divorced or widowed"
- The gopis said, "You (Krsna) are the eternal husband, eternal son, eternal friend and eternal master, and one who enters into a relationship with You is eternally happy"
- The gopis so enjoyed the company of Krsna, the husband of the goddess of fortune, that they forgot that they had any other husbands in the world, and upon being embraced by the arms of Krsna and dancing and singing with Him, they forgot everything
- The gopis worshiped goddess Katyayani to get Krsna as their husband; similarly Rukmini was thinking of the various types of demigods not for material benefit but in respect to Krsna
- The gopis, for example, worshiped Katyayani, a demigoddess, but the only benediction they wanted from the goddess was to have Krsna as their husband
- The gopis, the girlfriends of Krsna, were almost of the same age as He. Within their minds they desired that Krsna be their husband, but because of feminine bashfulness they could not express their desire
- The innocent cowherd women thought that she (Putana) was the goddess of fortune appearing in Vrndavana with a lotus flower in her hand. It seemed to them that she had personally come to see Krsna, who is her husband
- The Lord accepted them (16000 girls) as His wives, and thus their lives became glorified. Such auspicious glorification was still more glorified when the Lord played with them as the most devoted husband
- The objective of self-realization is one: Krsna. Therefore, although the dealings of the queens with Krsna appear just like ordinary dealings between husband and wife, the principal point to be observed is the queens' attachment for Krsna
- The order of Krsna is to chant His name incessantly. Therefore one who is chaste and adherent to the husband Krsna must chant the Lord's name, for she cannot deny the husband's order
- The Queens knew that he must have performed great pious activities; otherwise why was Krsna, the husband of the goddess of fortune, taking care of him so much? They were still more surprised to see that the brahmana was seated on the bedstead of Krsna
- The queens of Dvaraka were so fortunate that they got Lord Sri Krsna as their husband and personal companion, although He is not approachable by exalted demigods like Brahma.
- The queens of Lord Sri Krsna rejoiced within their minds to see their husband home after a long period abroad. The queens got up at once from their seats and meditations. As was socially customary, they covered their faces shyly and looked about coyly
- The queens of Nagnajit were also very much pleased because their daughter Satya got Krsna as her husband. Since the King and queens were very much pleased on this auspicious occasion, there was a celebration all over the city in honor of the marriage
- The simple and delicate women truly thought that Lord Sri Krsna, their beloved husband, followed them and was dominated by them. They were unaware of the extent of the glories of their husband, as the atheists are unaware of Him as the supreme controller
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, knowing the minds of the unmarried young gopis, blessed them with their desired objective. They had prayed for Krsna to become their husband, and Krsna wanted to fulfill their desires
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, certainly has no business being anyone's husband or son or father, because everything belongs to Him and everyone is under His control. He does not require anyone's help for His satisfaction
- The wives of Krsna were so fortunate that they got the Supreme Personality of Godhead as their husband, although their husband's personality was unknown even to Brahma and the other demigods
- The wives of Lord Krsna took it for granted that the Lord was a henpecked husband, always following them in lonely places
- The women amongst whom He lived as their husband are not women of this mundane world, but are eternally related with Him as transcendental wives, a position which they attained by perfection of devotional service. That is their competency
- The women who became the wives of the Lord are certainly not ordinary women, because to get the Lord as one's husband is the result of many, many millions of births' tapasya (austerity)
- Their (the gopis) simple presentation was so pure that Lord Krsna immediately became pleased with them. All the unmarried gopis who prayed to Katyayani to have Krsna as their husband were thus satisfied
- Then all the persons assembled there took permission from Lord Krsna, the husband of the goddess of fortune, and while glorifying the perfection of the sacrifice made by Vasudeva, they departed to their respective homes
- Then the gopis told lotus-eyed Krsna, "Please do not discourage our long-cherished desires to have You as our husband. Any intelligent man who cares for his own self-interest reposes all his loving spirit in You"
- There are even many instances of a girl's giving birth to a child at the age of twelve. Under the circumstances, all the gopis who wanted to have Krsna as their husband were already married
- There is a statement in the Hari-vamsa wherein Satyabhama, one of the queens of Krsna in Dvaraka, tells her husband: "My dear Krsna, since I heard Narada glorifying Rukmini before You, I can understand that there is no need of any talking about myself"
- There is a statement in the Narayana-vyuha-stava prayers that persons who are always engaged in thinking of the Lord as their husband, friend, father or well-wisher are always worshipable by everyone
- Therefore the Lord Himself, accepting the emotional ecstasy of the gopis, now addresses the son of Nanda Maharaja, "O master of My life! O My dear husband!"
- They (the gopis) prayed for Krsna to be their husband. He (Krsna) thought that the full-moon night of the sarat season was just suitable for a nice dance. So their desire to have Krsna as their husband would then be fulfilled
- They (the gopis) worshiped goddess Durga completely for one month in order to have Krsna as their husband. Every day they prayed for Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, to become their husband
- What is the use of this material husband? Make Krsna husband. Krsna's prepared to become everything - love Him as husband, love Him as son, love Him, friend. Krsna is prepared
- When Satya understood that Krsna Himself had come to marry her, she was very much pleased that the husband of the goddess of fortune had so kindly come there to accept her
- White, red and yellow - these are the three bodily lusters that the Lord, the husband of the goddess of fortune, assumes in the ages of Satya, Treta and Kali respectively
- Within their minds, they (the young princesses) decided to accept Lord Krsna as their husband without hesitation. Each one of them prayed to Providence that Krsna might become her husband