Category:Krsna Acting Like an Ordinary Human Being
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God Acting Like an Ordinary Human Being (14 P)
Pages in category "Krsna Acting Like an Ordinary Human Being"
The following 146 pages are in this category, out of 146 total.
- Acting just like ordinary boys, They played like roaring bulls as They fought each other, and They imitated the calls of various animals
- Actually He (Krsna) was not at all afraid, but He pretended to be an ordinary human being frightened by the immense quantity of soldiers and resources of Jarasandha. Without any weapons Krsna left the battlefield
- Actually they are all saintly persons, but now they have taken the form of bees. Although You are playing like a human being, they could not forget that You are their worshipable Deity
- After hearing this, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who was acting as a small human child (Krsna), ordered the serpent thus, "You (Kaliya) must immediately leave this place and go to the ocean. Leave without delay"
- After Krsna left the shelter of His real father and mother, He went to the lap of Yasodamayi to play the part of an ordinary cowherd boy in the blessed Vrajabhumi, which is very sanctified because of His childhood pastimes
- Akrura continued, "There is no question of Your being conditioned or liberated. You (Krsna and Balarama) are ever liberated in any condition of life. As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, only fools and rascals consider You an ordinary man"
- Akrura thought, "That Supreme Personality of Godhead (Krsna) has now come just like an ordinary human being, and it is my great fortune to be able to see Him face to face"
- All such expansions are nondifferent from the Personality of Godhead, but since Krsna appeared within this material world to manifest His pastimes as a human being
- All these pastimes prove fully that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Yet while present within this material world He played just like an ordinary man with many worldly duties
- All those who heard considered the speech of Krsna for some time, and they concluded that Krsna was actually the S.P.G playing the role of an ordinary humans , who is forced to take a certain type of body as a result of the reactions of his past deeds
- Although He (Krsna) showed His extraordinary opulences by simultaneously marrying more than sixteen thousand wives in more than sixteen thousand palaces, He behaved with them just like an ordinary man
- Although Krsna is beyond sense perception & is unmanifest to human beings, He takes up the guise of a human being with a material body. Yasoda thought Him to be her son, and she bound Krsna with rope to a wooden mortar, as if He were an ordinary child
- Although Lord Krsna is the supreme enjoyer and the beneficiary of all kinds of sacrificial ceremonies, He still used to eat with His cowherd boyfriends. This is because at that time He accepted the pastimes of an ordinary boy
- Although the Lord is always above material existence, through His spiritual potency He appeared and acted like an ordinary human being, accepting duties and obligations, apparently like a conditioned soul
- As a human being has to endeavor to achieve certain results, so Lord Krsna, like an ordinary human being, or like His friend Arjuna, left Dvaraka to bring back the brahmana's baby
- As far as Arjuna is concerned, he says that his illusion is over. This means that Arjuna no longer thinks of Krsna as a mere human being, as a friend of his, but as the source of everything
- As it is said in the Bhagavad-gita, Lord Krsna has no specific duty to perform in this world, and yet He acts just like an ordinary man living an ideal life within this material world
- Because it (the relationship of the gopis with Krsna) appears to be just like ordinary dealings of young boys and girls, it is sometimes misinterpreted to be like the ordinary sex of this material world
- Because Krsna and Balarama were fighting with Jarasandha just like ordinary human beings, the affair appeared wonderful
- Because Krsna comes before us just like a human being, if we think that "He's also like me," then we are ass. Krsna does not change His dress
- Because Lord Krsna appeared as the son of Devaki, the Mayavadi philosophers accept Krsna to be an ordinary living entity who takes birth within this material world
- Bhagavad-gita and all the Vedic literatures fully explain that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, appears in human society as an ordinary human being but acts very uncommonly for the well-being of the entire world
- Brahma said, "Persons with a poor fund of knowledge may think that because You are the son of Maharaja Nanda You are not the original person, that You are born just like a human being. They are mistaken"
- By seeing the face of Krsna, everyone was transcendentally satisfied. Krsna, although the S P of God, was playing the part of an ordinary human being, and thus He immediately touched the feet of Yudhisthira, Bhima because they were His two older cousins
- Despite the transcendental qualities of Lord Krsna's body, its full bliss and knowledge, there are many so-called scholars and commentators of Bhagavad-gita who deride Krsna as an ordinary man
- Draupadi said, "Will you (wives of Krsna) please let us know how Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, accepted you as His wives and married you in pursuance of the marriage ceremonies of ordinary human beings"
- Due to His mystic covering, He was always accepted as an ordinary human child by His so-called father and mother and other relatives
- Fools disrespect Me because I appear like a human being. They do not know My supreme position as the cause of all causes, the creator of the material energy
- Fools think of Krsna just like ordinary man. But He is different. He is different from everything of this world because everything of this world is born. You will trace out the history, the birthdate. But you cannot
- For two hours Krsna remained like an ordinary child gripped in the coils of Kaliya
- He (God) is the all-powerful, omnipresent Personality of Godhead, and by His supreme will He can not only create, maintain and annihilate the whole cosmic manifestation but also descend as an ordinary human being to execute the highest mission
- He (Jarasandha) thought Krsna and Balarama to be ordinary human beings, and he was trying to measure the activities of the Lord. Due to this pastime Krsna is known as Ranacora, which means "one who has left the battlefield"
- He (Krsna) appears exactly in His eternal body, uncontaminated by this material world. Although He appears in the same transcendental body and is Lord of the universe, it still appears that He takes His birth like an ordinary living entity
- He (Krsna) is atmarama, self-satisfied; He can derive all pleasure by Himself, without anyone’s help. But when the Lord descends to play the part of a human being, He plays a role either as a husband, son, friend or enemy in full perfection
- He (Krsna) is feared often by fear personified, yet He is afraid of His mother, who wanted to punish Him just in an ordinary manner
- He (Krsna) is present just like an ordinary human boy, but for persons who identify themselves with the body, it is very difficult to understand Him
- He (Krsna) was assuming this pastime as an ordinary human simply to teach the people in general how they should live for perfection of the human mission
- He (Lord Krsna) can lift millions of Govardhana Hills by His simple desire; He does not need to lift it with His hand. But He imitates the ordinary living entity by this lifting, and at the same time He exhibits His supernatural power
- He carries a flute in His hand, and His youth is new. He is also an expert dancer. All this is just suitable for His pastimes as a human being
- His (Krsna's) naughty dealings with His young girl friends cannot bewilder a pure devotee like Uddhava. Others, who are not devotees, are bewildered by such behavior of the Lord, who acted just like a human being
- How wonderful it is that the SPG, Krsna, who is sought by great, great sages for the sake of liberation and transcendental bliss, is acting as your best well-wisher, your friend, your cousin, your heart and soul, your worshipable director
- If you try to understand that Supreme Person Krsna, who comes before you as ordinary person, you can understand Him if you become His devotee. Otherwise it is not possible
- In a sporting attitude, Krsna wanted to engage in a mock fight with His devotee. As we have experienced from the pages of Srimad-Bhagavatam, the Supreme Personality of Godhead has all the propensities and instincts of a human being
- In spite of His (Krsna) appearing as a human being, no one was or is equal to Him in any respect in any of the six different opulences
- In this book, Krsna, all of His activities as a human being are described. Although Krsna plays like a human being, He always maintains His identity as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- In this way the ever-joyful Personality of Godhead exhibited His transcendental pastimes in the guise of an ordinary human being in order to attract the common people to Krsna consciousness
- Indra said, "They (the inhabitants of Vrindavana) are simply inhabitants of the forest, but being infatuated with their friend Krsna, who is nothing but an ordinary human being, they have dared to defy the demigods"
- It was being heard here and there that the benedictions being paid to Krsna were neither befitting nor unbefitting because they were all for the Absolute, who was now playing the part of a human being
- It was known to Uddhava that although Lord Krsna was acting like an ordinary man, He knew everything - past, present and future. However, because the Lord wanted to consult with him, Uddhava, in order to render service to the Lord, began to speak
- Just as Krsna behaves like an ordinary man when He descends to this planet, so the members of the Yadus and the residents of Vrndavana execute activities just like ordinary men. But they are not ordinary men; they are as liberated as Lord Krsna Himself
- Just to please His dear wife, the Lord brought back the parijata tree from heaven, just as an ordinary husband would do. But Indra, the King of heaven, induced by his wives (henpecked as he was), ran after the Lord with full force to fight Him
- Just to show favor to the ordinary living entities, out of His (Krsna's) causeless mercy He appears as He is. Unfortunately, foolish persons mistake Him to be an ordinary person, and so they become eligible to go to hell
- Krsna and Balarama, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, are the source of all knowledge, but because They were playing like ordinary human boys, They set the example so that everyone would receive knowledge from the right source
- Krsna comes like an ordinary human being, He comes as a devotee like Lord Caitanya, or He sends His representative, the spiritual master, or pure devotee. This is also the planned activity of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Krsna had appeared on the surface of the earth like an ordinary human being, but actually Krsna and Balarama are the Supersoul living within the heart of every living entity. They are Visnu Himself but were playing just like ordinary human boys
- Krsna has nothing to do with action and reaction, but because He was playing the part of a human being, He expressed His full sympathy for the bereavement of Satyabhama, and His eyes filled with tears when He heard about the death of His father-in-law
- Krsna in Dvaraka enjoyed the pastimes of a perfect human being. Therefore, when He washed the feet of the sage Narada & took the water on His head, Narada did not object, knowing well that the Lord did so to teach everyone how to respect saintly persons
- Krsna is a thunderbolt to the wrestlers; to the common man He is the most beautiful human being; to the young girls He is just like Cupid; to the cowherd men and women He is the most intimate relative and to the impious kings He is the supreme ruler
- Krsna is always neat, clean and opulent and does not need to be washed, bathed or dressed, yet mother Yasoda, because of affection, considered Him her ordinary child and did her duties to keep her son brilliant
- Krsna manifests His eternal humanlike form and performs His pastimes to show mercy to the devotees. Having heard such pastimes, one should engage in service to Him
- Krsna should be known as the soul of all souls, for He is the soul of all individual souls and the soul of the localized Paramatma as well. At Vrndavana He acted just like a human being to attract people to Him and show that He is not formless
- Krsna's appearance on this planet like a human being makes us more fortunate than the demigods in the higher planets, and therefore Maharaja Pariksit was very much interested in hearing about Him
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, He played just like an ordinary human being as friend of Arjuna
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is a historical person who appeared on this earth 5,000 years ago. He stayed on this earth for 125 years and played exactly like a human being, but His activities were unparalleled
- Less intelligent persons with a poor fund of knowledge cannot accommodate the thought of this inconceivable potency of the Lord Sri Krsna, by which He appears just like a human being
- Lord Indra said, "This Krsna is an ordinary human being, is talkative, childish, impudent & ignorant, although He thinks Himself very learned. The cowherd men in Vrndavana have offended me by accepting Him. This has not been greatly appreciated by me"
- Lord Krsna has many pastimes, of which His pastimes as a human being are the best. His form as a human being is the supreme transcendental form. In this form He is a cowherd boy
- Lord Krsna is Himself the original Visnu, but because He played the part of a human being, He taught us definitely by His personal behavior what is meant by meditation
- Lord Krsna is the self-sufficient Supreme Personality of Godhead, yet because He was playing the role of a human being, He became very depressed for a moment, as if He had actually lost His father
- Lord Krsna left His instructions for the benefit of all human society, but fools and rascals unfortunately think of Him as an ordinary human being and twist the instructions of Bhagavad-gita for the satisfaction of their senses
- Lord Krsna, the all-powerful Personality of Godhead, could have brought the child back without effort, but we should always remember that He was playing the part of a human being
- Lord Sri Krsna is the supreme pure, but because He was playing the role of an ordinary human being, He immediately washed the brahmana’s feet and, for His own purification, sprinkled the water onto His head
- Lord Sri Krsna was playing just like a human being. Because He belonged to the ksatriya division of the social system and was a young boy, it was His duty to show respect to such a brahmana
- Lord Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead, along with Balarama, played like a human being, and so masked He performed many superhuman acts
- Narada Muni continued: My dear Maharaja Yudhisthira, all of you (the Pandavas) are extremely fortunate, for Krsna, lives in your palace just like a human being. Great saintly persons know this very well, and therefore they constantly visit this house
- Narada Said, "My dear King Yudhisthira, in this world you (the Pandava brothers) are the only fortunate people. The Supreme Personality of Godhead has appeared on this planet and is presenting Himself to you as an ordinary human being"
- Narada spoke as follows: "My dear Lord (Krsna), You are the Supreme, Parabrahman, and Your pastimes as an ordinary human are another tactical resource, exactly like a play on the stage in which the actor plays parts different from his own identity"
- Narada wanted to fall at the lotus feet of Krsna, but because the Lord was playing the part of a human being, he simply offered his respects within his mind, & fixing the transcendental form of the Lord within his heart, he left the assembly house
- Neither the karmis nor the jnanis can fathom the depths of the science of devotional service to Krsna. Especially the foolish karmis are disqualified, for they generally consider Lord Krsna an ordinary mortal
- Sages said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), You are enjoying Your pastimes in the role of a human being, concealing Your real character of transcendental opulence"
- Saint Narada saw all these activities of the Lord, who is the Supersoul of all living entities but who played the role of an ordinary human being to manifest the activities of His internal potency
- Sankaracarya, to convince the less intelligent men who take Krsna to be an ordinary human being, said that God is impersonal
- Since Krsna appeared within this material world to manifest His pastimes as a human being, He and Arjuna immediately offered their respects to Lord Maha-Visnu by bowing down before Him
- Siva-jvara said, "My dear Lord, Your appearance as the son of Vasudeva in Your role as a human being is one of the pastimes of Your complete freedom"
- Somehow people can understand the different incarnations of Your Lordship, but they are puzzled to understand the eternal form of Krsna with two hands, moving among human beings exactly like one of them
- Sometimes They (Krsna and Balarama) used to imitate the sounds of various animals and birds. In this way, They enjoyed Their childhood pastimes apparently like ordinary, mundane children
- Sometimes, just like ordinary children, They (Krsna and Balarama) would be frightened by others and would immediately hurry to Their mothers for protection
- Sri Krsna is no other than the inconceivable, original Personality of Godhead. He is the first Narayana, the supreme enjoyer. But He is moving amongst the descendants of King Vrsni just like one of us & He is bewildering us with His self-created energy
- Sri Krsna, who appeared like an ordinary human being, saw the immense strength of Jarasandha, which appeared like an ocean about to cover a beach at any moment. He also perceived that the inhabitants of Mathura were overwhelmed with fear
- Srila Rupa Gosvami therefore offers his obeisances unto Krsna by saying, "Krsna, who is present as a human being, has as His mere shadow the whole material nature"
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells King Pariksit, "He (Krsna) is the supreme worshipable Deity for the devotee, and He is just like an ordinary boy to one who is under the spell of maya"
- Sukadeva Gosvami, "at that time He (Krsna) accepted the pastimes of an ordinary boy, keeping His flute under His arm and His bugle on the right side in His belt, along with His cane"
- The asuras wrongly think that Krsna took birth like an ordinary child and passed away from this world like an ordinary man. Such asuric conceptions are rejected by persons in knowledge of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The benedictions were fitting in the sense that the Lord was playing the part of a human being, as if a cousin of Maharaja Yudhisthira, but they were also unfitting because the Lord is absolute and has nothing to do with any kind of material relativities
- The child became angry because He (Krsna) was hungry and His mother was not paying attention to Him. So He lifted His legs and began to kick His lotus feet just like an ordinary child
- The demon Jarasandha chastised Krsna, saying, 'You are the lowest of human beings. I shall not fight with You, for You killed Your own relatives'
- The inhabitants of the higher planets were astonished at how the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who eats only when yajna is offered, was now eating like an ordinary child with His friends in the forest
- The Lord had very little to do with so many wives to carry out their orders like an ordinary man
- The Lord's appearance as a man bewilders the foolish. No human being could perform the wonderful acts that Krsna performed while He was present on this earth
- The Lord, although conscious of His supreme position, always behaved in a humanly custom, and so He also bowed down before the dying Bhismadeva as if He were one of the younger brothers of King Yudhisthira
- The Lord, out of His causeless mercy, descends to this material world and displays His activities just like an ordinary man
- The Lord, Sri Krsna, appeared as a human being, yet He performed many uncommon and wonderful pastimes by His own potency. How can I say more about His activities than what has already been said by great saintly persons?
- The mental speculators compare everything from the standpoint of experimental knowledge of their own selves. Thus when the Lord is found to act like an ordinary person in matrimonial bondage, they consider Him to be like one of them
- The most wonderful manifestation of the Lord's power is exhibited when the infinite Lord becomes visible to our eyes as one of us. Yet His activities are different from those of the finite beings
- The Personality of Godhead, who is considered an ordinary human being by mundane people, played with the cowherd boys, who had attained their position after accumulating many pious activities
- The sages of Naimisaranya describe Him as apparently resembling a human being, but actually He is the supreme almighty Personality of Godhead
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, works just like an ordinary human being, yet He does not desire to enjoy the fruits of work. He is full in knowledge, free from material desires and diversions, and completely independent
- The word 'pandita-mani' can be used to indicate that Krsna is honored even by learned scholars. Nevertheless, because of affection for His devotees, Krsna appears like an ordinary human being and may therefore be called martya
- There is no exaggeration in this story from SB. The queens of Krsna were all expansions of the goddess of fortune, Laksmiji. Krsna lived with them in different palaces, & He treated them exactly the same way an ordinary man treats his wife
- These so-called, the so-called big, big leaders, big, big philosophers, and big, big scholars, they have accepted Krsna as ordinary human being
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to train and engage rams and cocks in fighting for sport. They then learned how to teach parrots to speak and to answer the questions of human beings
- They (symbolical marks) are all special features of the body of the Lord (Krsna). The Lord may appear as one of us, but He is always distinct by His specific bodily features
- They (the elderly gopis) took Him away to the courtyard of the house and began to clap, praising His wonderful activities. Krsna danced along with their clapping, just like an ordinary child
- This warning (it is not good to desire sense gratification by direct association with Krsna) is specifically for those known as sahajiyas, who take it for granted that Krsna is an ordinary human being
- Those who are miscreants, they think that Krsna, or God, He is like an ordinary man but a superhuman being. That's all
- Uddhava continued, "He (Krsna) does not have a material body like us; He never appears or takes birth like an ordinary human being"
- Uddhava continued, "When He (Krsna) appears within this material world He seems to act like an ordinary living entity under the spell of the modes of material nature. But in fact He is the overseer of this material creation"
- Uddhava describes Krsna's qualities, "Although He is just like an ocean of wisdom, still He sometimes consults me. He is so great and magnanimous, yet He is engaged in His different activities just like an ordinary person"
- Unfortunately the impersonalists or the atheistic class of men consider Krsna to be an ordinary man like themselves, and so they deride Him. This is condemned in the Bhagavad-gita by the Lord Himself when He says, avajananti mam mudhah
- Unfortunately those proud of their academic education, despite so much evidence in Vedic literatures, stick to their obstinate conviction that Krsna is an ordinary person
- We can follow Lord Krsna's dealings with His wives as an ordinary human being, but His dealings with more than sixteen thousand wives at one time cannot be imitated
- We should always remember that Krsna was playing the part of an ordinary human being, and His horses also, by the will of Krsna, played the parts of ordinary horses in hesitating to enter the darkness
- We should always remember that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, was playing exactly like a human being
- We should always remember, therefore, that Lord Krsna, although playing the part of a human being, simultaneously maintains the position of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- When Krsna was informed by Satyabhama of the murder of His father-in-law, He began to lament like an ordinary man. His great sorrow is, again, a strange thing
- When Lord Krsna heard this unfortunate news from the unknown man, He at first became most perturbed, just like an ordinary human being. His face showed signs of grief, and He began to cry in a piteous tone
- When Lord Krsna was within this universe, He seemed to be a human being because He appeared in a manner just suitable for His pastimes in the mortal world
- When rascals (mudhas) see that Krsna acts exactly like a human being, they deride the transcendental form of the Lord because they do not know the param bhavam, His transcendental form and activities
- When Satrajit was visiting the city of Dvaraka, the citizens felt great pride to think that although Krsna was living in Dvaraka like an ordinary human being, the demigods were coming to see Him
- When the Lord (Krsna) descends on this material world by His all-merciful energy, He plays like a human being, and therefore it appears that the Lord is partial to His devotees only, but that is not a fact
- When the Lord is found to act like an ordinary person in matrimonial bondage, mental speculators consider Him to be like one of them, without considering that the Lord can at once marry sixteen thousand wives or more
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna comes to this planet exactly like a human being, some rascals consider Him to be one of the ordinary humans. One who thinks in that mistaken way is described as mudha, or foolish
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna was so ordered by His mother, He immediately opened His mouth just like an ordinary boy
- Whether one thinks of Krsna as an ordinary human child, as the source of the Brahman effulgence, as the origin of Paramatma, or as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one should concentrate one's full attention upon the lotus feet of Krsna
- While Sukadeva was narrating various activities of Krsna in playing the role of an ordinary human being, he also narrated the history of the battle between the dynasty of Yadu & the demon Salva, who had managed to possess a wonderful airship named Saubha
- Yet this Krsna became so dependent on mother Yasoda that when she simply showed Krsna the stick in her hand, Krsna admitted to being an offender and began to cry like an ordinary child
- You (Krsna) have fought with Jarasandha eighteen times, out of which You have defeated him seventeen times by surpassing his extraordinarily powerful position. But eighteenth fight You exhibited Your human behavior, & thus You were defeated
- You should know Krsna to be the original soul of all atmas (living entities). For the benefit of the whole universe, He has, out of His causeless mercy, appeared as an ordinary human being. He has done this by the strength of His own internal potency
- Your (Krsna's) defeat by Jarasandha in the eighteenth engagement was nothing but an exhibition of human behavior. Unfortunately, foolish Jarasandha could not understand Your tricks, & he has since then become puffed up over his material power & prestige
- Yudhisthira said, "Out of Your (Krsna's) independent will only, You have descended to this earth by the use of Your own internal potency, yogamaya, and to reestablish the Vedic principles of life You have appeared just like an ordinary human being"
- Yudhisthira said, "We are all very much surprised that Your Lordship (Krsna) can play the part of an ordinary human being, but we can understand that You are performing these activities just like a dramatic artist"