Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Going (9 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Going"
The following 104 pages are in this category, out of 104 total.
- A center without a Deity can be closed, but a center with a Deity if closed it is a great offense. The Deity is not an idol; it is Krsna. We cannot say to Krsna personally, now go away
- A pure devotee carries Krsna within his heart, therefore wherever he goes he makes a holy place
- After consulting together, They (Krsna and Balarama) decided to go to Hastinapura to show sympathy to Their relatives. Krsna and Balarama certainly knew that the Pandavas could not have been killed in the devastating fire
- After Krsna had just learned to walk, He was going in and out of the house very frequently. Yasoda became surprised and said
- After the departure of Lord Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead and supreme ruler of everyone, these upstarts have flourished, our protector being gone. Therefore I myself shall take up this matter and punish them. Just witness my power
- Although Krsna was joking with Queen Rukmini, she was thinking that He was going to give up her company, and she was therefore shocked
- As Krsna and Balarama approached the bow, They were warned not to go nearer, but Krsna ignored this warning. He forcibly went up and immediately took the big bow in His left hand
- Balarama & Krsna were so engrossed in playing with Their friends that They did not wish to go back; They just engaged Themselves in playing more & more. When Rohini was unable to take Them back home, she went home & sent mother Yasoda to call Them again
- Because Krsna loves you so much that even you accept this material atom, He goes to help you. Therefore He is within. Because sarvasya caham hrdi sannivisthah (BG 15.15). The living entity has a..., enjoying this material world. So he has got everything
- Bilvamangala Thakur said, "My dear Krsna, You are leaving me, forcibly getting out of my clutches. But I shall be impressed by Your strength only when You can go forcibly from the core of my heart"
- Both (Srutadeva and King Bahulasva) thought that the Lord (Krsna) had gone only to his own house
- By crawling He (child Krsna) used to go to the cowshed and catch one calf's tail, and the calf will drag Him and smear His body in cow dung. He enjoyed it
- By crying out the word "Krsna," the boys at once transcended the fearful situation. Out of His great affection, Krsna did not want His friends to give up their pleasing lunch engagement and go searching for the calves
- Even in the transcendental life of Lord Krsna, we find that when He was a child He was very fond of playing with His friends of the same age, the cowherd boys. He would not even go home to take His dinner
- Externally He gives the excuse that He wants to participate in the Ratha-yatra festival, but actually He wants to leave Jagannatha Puri to go to Sundaracala, the Gundica temple, a replica of Vrndavana
- Gopis lament: "My dear Krsna, during the daytime when You go out into the forest of Vrndavana with Your cows, we consider one moment to be twelve years, and it is very difficult for us to pass the time"
- Great sages prayed, "Lord Krsna was going to the battlefield of Kuruksetra not to fight, but to grace all of the devotees with His presence"
- Have you seen Krsna coming this way? Kindly tell us which way He has gone and save our lives
- He (Akrura) supported Arjuna when Arjuna took Subhadra forcibly away by the will of Krsna. Both Krsna and Akrura went to see Arjuna after his successful kidnapping of Subhadra. Both of them presented dowries to Arjuna after this incidence
- He (Krsna) began to think within Himself about His mission as an incarnation how to tackle the present situation before Him. He thought that since He was not going to conquer the kingdom of Magadha, to kill the King of Magadha, Jarasandha, was useless
- His playmates then threatened not to allow Him to play with them again. Krsna became afraid, and instead of going back home, He went back again to play with the boys. At that time, mother Yasoda scolded the children
- If Lord Krsna were going to see Lord Visnu only to reclaim the sons of the brahmana, then He would not have waited until the tenth son was taken
- In order to please both of them (Srutadeva and King Bahulasva), Lord Krsna expanded Himself into two and went to the houses of each one of them; yet neither the King nor the brahmana could understand that the Lord had gone to the house of the other
- In spite of this knowledge They (Krsna and Balarama) wanted to go to Hastinapura to take part in the bereavement. On arriving in Hastinapura, Krsna and Balarama first went to see Bhismadeva because he was the chief of the Kuru dynasty
- In this way, Caitanya lamented in the mood of separation, "Alas, alas! O Krsna, where have You gone?" Feeling in His heart the ecstatic emotions of the gopis, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu agonized in their words, saying, "O Govinda! O Damodara! O Madhava"
- It is not that they become old and there is no more enjoyment or they are separated or somebody, Krsna goes somewhere and the Radharani goes to somewhere. No. Everything is eternal. They are enjoying
- Krsna continued to talk with His brahmana friend, "My dear friend, I think you remember our activities during the days when we were living as students. You may remember that once we went to collect fuel from the forest on the order of the guru's wife"
- Krsna did not want Vrndavana disturbed by enemies like Dantavakra and Jarasandha. If Krsna were to go to Vrndavana, these enemies would not only attack Mathura but would go on to Vrndavana, and the peaceful inhabitants of Vrndavana would be disturbed
- Krsna is always served by many thousands of goddesses of fortune; therefore He has no need to satisfy His senses by going to a society girl. But because He is kind to everyone, He decided to go there (Kubja's house)
- Krsna proceeded towards Bhismadeva as a lover goes to a lover, without caring for hindrances
- Krsna said, "My dear friends, you need not interrupt your lunch. Go on enjoying. I am going personally to find the calves"
- Krsna would wear this dress when He used to go into the forest to tend the cows. Sometimes He would wrestle there with His different friends, and sometimes they would dance all together in the forest
- Krsna's attractive features and sweet smiles go deep into the heart of everyone, and once it is so done the living being is admitted into the kingdom of God, from which no one returns. This is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita
- Krsna's going to the school of Sandipani Muni was to show the people of the world that however great or ingenious one may be, he must go to higher authorities for general education
- Krsna, upon being informed of the specific date of Rukmini's marriage, was anxious to leave immediately. He asked His driver, Daruka, to harness the horses for His chariot and prepare to go to the kingdom of Vidarbha
- Lord Krsna decided to go to the house of Kubja, the hunchback woman who had pleased Him by offering Him sandalwood pulp when He was entering the city of Mathura
- Lord Krsna, being profoundly attached to the gopis, never goes away from Vrndavana, and the gopis and other residents of Vrndavana remain fully satisfied in Krsna consciousness
- Many devotees have tried to make adjustments to Krsna's being away from Vrndavana because, according to expert opinion, Krsna, the original Supreme Personality of Godhead, never goes even a step out of Vrndavana
- Mother Yasoda said, "This child is too restless and cannot be controlled! He is incessantly going about the neighborhood of Gokula (Vrndavana), and then He is coming back inside the house"
- Mother Yasoda told Krsna, "You should also be cleansed and decorated with nice dress and ornaments. Please, therefore, come back, take Your bath, dress Yourself nicely, and then again You may go on playing"
- Nanda said to Yasoda, "Krsna has gone deep into the water, so there is no need to maintain our bodies, which are so full of sinful activities! Let us also enter into the poisonous water of the Yamuna and compensate for the sinful activities of our lives"
- Narada's proposal that Lord Krsna go to Hastinapura for Maharaja Yudhisthira's great Rajasuya sacrifice did not much appeal to them because they (Krsna & His associates) were seriously considering this (how to attack the kingdom of Jarasandha) subject
- O Krsna, when You go to the forest during the day and we do not see Your sweet face, which is surrounded by beautiful curly hair, half a second becomes as long as an entire age for us
- O lotus-eyed Lord (Krsna), whenever You go away to Mathura, Vrndavana or Hastinapura to meet Your friends and relatives, every moment of Your absence seems like a million years. O infallible one, at that time our eyes become useless, as if bereft of sun
- Observing the inauspicious signs, the cowherd men, including Maharaja Nanda, became very anxious out of fear. At the same time they were informed that Krsna had gone to the pasturing ground without His elder brother, Balarama
- On the plea of her (Kubja's) sense gratification He (Krsna) decided to go to her house, not actually for sense gratification but to turn her into a pure devotee
- Once an old mendicant approached the door of Mother Yasoda's house, and Krsna told Yasoda, "My dear Mother, I don't wish to go near this skinny villain. If I go there, he might put Me within his begging bag and take Me away from You!"
- Once, while Krsna was in the pasturing ground with His cowherd boys, His friends requested Him to go to the Talavana Forest, where Gardabhasura, a disturbing demon in the shape of an ass, resided
- One day, in a joking mood, Krsna informed Radharani, "My dear Radharani, I am going to give up Your company." Upon saying this, He immediately disappeared
- One day, while Krsna was staying with the Pandavas, He and Arjuna prepared themselves to go to the forest to hunt. Both of them sat down on Arjuna's chariot, which flew a flag with a picture of Hanuman
- One may try to leave Him, but He is not going to leave you. Once come, "No, sir, you cannot go out." Just like our Ajamila. He was devotee in the beginning, and later on, by bad association of prostitute, he fell. But Krsna took him at the end
- Only if You go there in this form of Gopala and speak the words from Your beautiful face will Your testimony be heard by all the people
- Out of His causeless mercy, Krsna had gone to the heavenly kingdom, Amaravati, to present King Indra with his mother's earrings, which had been lost to Bhaumasura, and Indra had been very glad to receive them
- Sandipani muni said, "I am now completely satisfied. What further want can there be for a man who has disciples like You? My dear boys, You may now go home. These glorious acts of Yours will always be renowned all over the world"
- Shining in the sunlight, the procession (Krsna going to Hastinapur) appeared just like an ocean with high waves and sharks
- Since Krsna had departed from Vrndavana and gone to Mathura, the inhabitants of Vrndavana, especially mother Yasoda, Nanda Maharaja, Srimati Radharani, the gopis and the cowherd boys, were simply thinking of Krsna at every step
- Sometimes Krsna used to go with His boyfriends and Balarama, and sometimes He used to go alone with His friends to the bank of the Yamuna and tend the cows
- Somewhere He (Krsna) was picking quarrels with the young girls, somewhere He was scratching them with the nails of parrots, somewhere He was busy going to visit the gopis & somewhere He was negotiating through cowherd friends to take shelter of the gopis
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "The gopis entered the arena of the rasa dance in ecstasy, but after hearing Krsna's words of negligence and detachment, they understood that He was going to renounce them. Thus they began to chastise Him in anger"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then took His bath in a lake called Govinda-kunda, and while He was there, He heard that the Gopala Deity had already gone to Ganthuli-grama
- Sri Gopalaji then smiled and said, "My dear brahmana, just listen to Me. I shall walk behind you, and in this way I shall go with you"
- Sri Krsna knew that His elder brother, Lord Baladeva, was arranging her (Subhadra's) marriage elsewhere, and since He did not dare to go against the arrangement of Baladeva, He advised Arjuna to kidnap Subhadra
- Srimati Radharani has become peace personified for Me. Because of Her I now go without sleep. I stare constantly without blinking my eyes, and I am always in a meditative mood. Because of Her I have even made My home in the cave of a mountain
- The damsels of Braja and Radharani were very expert in talking cunningly, so as soon as they saw Krsna they began their talkings; and Krsna, pretending to go for some flowers for them, immediately left that place and entered into a mountain cave
- The elder gopis said, "If by chance They (Krsna and Balarama) cannot find the hidden butter and yogurt, They go to our little babies and pinch their bodies so that they cry, and then They go away"
- The false rumor that Krsna had killed Prasena and taken away the jewel spread everywhere like wildfire. Krsna did not like to be defamed in that way, and therefore He decided that He would go to the forest and find the Syamantaka jewel
- The friends of Nanda Maharaja, all the cowherd men, became eager to know if Krsna was actually the Supreme Personality and if He was going to give them all salvation
- The gopis continued, "Dear Krsna, certainly You know how much we are saddened when You go out of Vrndavana village to tend the cows in the forest"
- The gopis continued, "O blackberries and bael trees and trees of the kadamba flower - you are all very pious trees to be living on the bank of the Yamuna. Krsna must have passed through this way. Will you kindly let us know which way He has gone?"
- The gopis prayed to the demigods to create some natural disturbance, such as a hurricane, storm or heavy rainfall, so that Krsna could not go to Mathura
- The gopis said, "Even the demigods are very unkind to us; they are also not impeding His going to Mathura"
- The gopis said, "He (Krsna) has stolen our hearts and gone away. If you have seen Him, kindly inform us which way He has gone. Dear asoka tree, dear naga flower tree and campaka flower tree, have you seen the younger brother of Balarama pass this way?"
- The gopis said, "It appears that they must have passed through here and touched your bodies, and thus you are feeling so pleasant and are looking toward us with sympathy. Will you kindly, therefore, inform us which way Krsna has gone?"
- The gopis said, "Now, how shall we live even for a moment if He (Krsna) goes away from us? At the end of the day, in the evening, along with His elder brother Balarama, Krsna would return home with His friends"
- The gopis said, "We gopis of Vrndavana, having left our homes, friends and relatives, have become Krsna’s maidservants, but He is neglecting us and going away"
- The gopis said: "O Krsna, when You go to the forest during the day and we do not see Your sweet face, which is surrounded by beautiful curling hair, half a second becomes as long as an entire age for us"
- The Lord (Krsna) would go to the assembly house known as Sudharma. It may be remembered that the Sudharma assembly house was taken away from the heavenly planets and established in the city of Dvaraka
- The Lord said, "Using the car festival as an excuse, Krsna goes there with Subhadra and Baladeva"
- The sun is not dead. Similarly, Krsna appears by rotation in this universe after so many years, eight billion and nine billion years. So next He goes to another universe. Just like the sun, after disappearance from Australia, it goes to another country
- Their (Kauravas) arrangement was expert and more than adequate, but He (Lord Sri Krsna), while going forward, did all this
- There were hundreds of ladies in the palace of Hastinapura. All of them were affectionate to Krsna. All of them were relatives also. When they saw that Krsna was going away from the palace for His native place, they were very anxious for Him
- They (Krsna and Balarama) were beautifully dressed, and They were attractive to all the people assembled there. They were dressed as if They were going to act on a dramatic stage, and They drew the attention of all people
- They (the gopis) then began to consider, “Despite our parents and guardians, we shall personally stop Krsna from going to Mathura. We have no alternative but to take this direct action. Everyone has gone against us to take away Krsna from our sight
- They will certainly tell us where Krsna has gone, since they have seen Him personally. Guessing in this way, the gopis inquired from the plants and creepers, headed by tulasi
- This advice of Uddhava's was appreciated by all who were present in the assembly; everyone considered that Lord Krsna's going to Hastinapura would be beneficial from all points of view
- This news spread all over the country, and when Krsna heard that one could achieve the girl Satya only by defeating the seven bulls, He prepared Himself to go to the kingdom of Kosala
- This panoramic procession (Krsna going to Hastinapur) was accompanied by the shouts of the people and was full with the display of different colored flags, umbrellas and whisks and different varieties of weapons, dress, ornaments, helmets and armaments
- Uddhava said, "I think, therefore, that Your Lordship (Krsna) should immediately go there (Hastinapura to satisfy King Yudhisthira) to help the King in this great venture"
- Uddhava said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), first of all let me say that the great sage Narada Muni has requested You to go to Hastinapura to satisfy King Yudhisthira, Your cousin, who is making arrangements to perform the great sacrifice known as Rajasuya"
- Uddhava said, "My Lord (Krsna), it appears that You are to go personally to Hastinapura to conquer demoniac kings like Jarasandha and Sisupala, to release the pious imprisoned kings, and also to perform the great Rajasuya sacrifice"
- When Krsna and Balarama had been going from Vrndavana to Mathura, the inhabitants of Vrndavana had imagined the great fortune of the citizens of Mathura in being able to see the wonderful beauty of Krsna
- When Krsna and Balarama were going to Mathura in the chariot driven by Akrura, all of them took baths in this (Akrura-tirtha, in one of the twelve forest of Vrndavana) ghata
- When Krsna desired to go to the house of Kubja, He certainly had no desire for sense gratification. By supplying the sandalwood pulp to Krsna, Kubja had already satisfied His senses
- When Krsna was a little grown up and was taking care of the small calves, He would often go near the forest
- When Krsna was going to Mathura on the chariot driven by Akrura, Yasoda & all the gopis came to try to forbid Him to pass. At that time Radharani was so perturbed that in a faltering voice, She requested Mother Yasoda to please stop Akrura
- When Krsna was going to Mathura, all of the gopis were standing behind Krsna & upon seeing the chariot leaving, they stood there stunned & did not move. They remained like that until the flag of the chariot became invisible
- When the butter and milk were kept in a dark room, Krsna and Balarama would go there and make the place bright with the valuable jewels on Their bodies. On the whole, Krsna and Balarama engaged in stealing butter and milk
- When the tenth son was taken away by Lord Maha-Visnu, and Arjuna was therefore ready to enter the fire because his promise was going to prove false, that serious situation made Lord Krsna decide to go with Arjuna to see Maha-Visnu
- Why Arjuna was puzzled by Krsna's going to see Karanarnavasayi Visnu in the spiritual world is fully discussed in the commentaries of Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, as follows
- Why should the trees tell us where Krsna has gone? Let us rather inquire from the creepers; they are female and are therefore like friends to us