Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Krsna's Four Hands
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Four Hands (1 C, 13 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Four Hands"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total.
- A yogi who is practicing meditation on the Supersoul sees within himself the plenary portion of Krsna as Visnu - with four hands, holding conchshell, wheel, club and lotus flower
- Although Krsna assumed the four-armed form of Narayana, He could not attract the serious attention of the gopis in ecstatic love
- Arjuna prayed to see Krsna's form of four hands (tenaiva rupena catur-bhujena). After revealing this form, Krsna, when petitioned by Arjuna, again assumed His original humanlike form (manusam rupam)
- Below that abode of Krishna all other transcendental planets are called Vaikunthas or transcendental sky. In these planets many other pastimeous Forms of Shri Krishna predominate and He is called Narayana with four hands
- Bhismadeva, fixed his wide-open eyes upon the original Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, who stood before him, four-handed, dressed in yellow garments that glittered and shined
- Brahma said, "First of all I saw You alone; thereafter You (Krsna) expanded Yourself as Your cowherd boyfriends, the calves and all the existence of Vrndavana; then I saw You and all the boys and calves as four-handed Visnus"
- Brahma said, "They (the four-handed Visnus) were being worshiped by all elements and all demigods, including myself. Again They were all wound up, and You remained alone as You were before. Does this not mean that You are the Supreme Lord Narayana"
- He (Krsna) appeared before them nicely covered by yellow silken garments, with four hands like Visnu, and carrying the different symbols of the club, the conchshell, the disc and the lotus flower
- He (Krsna) sometimes manifests four hands and sometimes two. The two-handed form is vaibhava-prakasa, and the four-handed form is prabhava-prakasa
- I could immediately recognize Him as the Supreme Personality of Godhead by His four hands, different symbolic representations, and yellow silk garments
- In His Visnu form, the Lord carries four weapons in His four hands - a lotus flower and a conchshell in two hands, and in the other two hands a club and a disc
- Kalayavana saw Him, in His Visnu form, with a well-built body, four hands, and eyes like the petals of a newly blooming lotus
- Krsna appeared before him with four hands, as visnu-murti, with a garland called Vaijayanti hanging from His neck down to His knees. He looked lustrous, His face was beautifully smiling, and He wore nice jeweled earrings on His ears
- Krsna appeared outside His mother’s body as the four-handed Visnu-Narayana. Then He turned Himself into a baby and told His father to carry Him to the house of Nanda Maharaja and his wife Yasoda
- Krsna assumed His four-armed Narayana form and sat there. When all the gopis came, they looked at Him and spoke as follows
- Krsna said, "My feature of four-handed Narayana is not so pleasing or dear to Me as is a brahmana Vaisnava. Brahmana means one well conversant with Vedic knowledge"
- Krsna's own form has only two hands, but in the form of Lord Narayana He has four hands. Lord Narayana holds a conchshell, disc, club and lotus flower, and He is full of great opulence. The sri, bhu and nila energies serve at His lotus feet
- Lord Krishna is always pastimeous in the three compartments of the Abode of Krishna namely Gokula, Mathura and Dwarka. And the Vaikuntha planets of the spiritual sky the Lord expands Himself as Narayana with four hands as the residents are there
- Lord Krsna again expands, and within the paravyoma, the spiritual sky, He is situated in fullness as the four-handed Narayana, accompanied by expansions of the original quadruple form
- Lord Sri Krsna had two arms, and why He is designated as four-armed is explained by Sridhara Svami
- On the coiled lap of Sesa Naga, Krsna was sitting very soberly, with four hands. His eyes were like the reddish petals of the lotus flower. After returning to the Yamuna, Akrura saw Balarama turned into Sesa Naga and Krsna turned into Maha-Visnu
- Once Lord Sri Krsna playfully manifested Himself as Narayana, with four victorious hands and a very beautiful form. When the gopis saw this exalted form, however, their ecstatic feelings were crippled
- One of the important residents of Dvaraka spoke, "My dear Lord Narayana, You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In Your plenary portion as Narayana, or Visnu, You have four hands with different symbols - the conchshell, disc, club and lotus flower"
- One who can display hundreds and thousands of arms can also manifest four whenever needed
- Regarding your other question, Krishna in His four-handed Visnu Form is within our hearts, but He is not different from two-handed Krishna
- Rupa Goswami said, "He (Krsna) has expanded Himself into so many cows, calves and cowherd boys, and He has again manifested Himself in all of them as the four-handed Narayana"
- The personal forms of Krsna, the two-handed form and the four-handed, are described as su-durdarsam, very difficult to see. They are completely different from the temporary universal form shown to Arjuna
- The relationship between Rukmini and Krsna was like that between Laksmi and Narayana; therefore, Krsna appeared before Rukmini in His four-handed manifestation of Narayana
- The vaibhava-prakasa form was also displayed when Krsna appeared before His mother Devaki in the four-handed form of Narayana, just when He entered the world. Then at the request of His parents He transformed Himself into a two-handed form
- We can imagine Bhima ready to kill while Draupadi is obstructing him. And in order to prevent both of them, the Lord discovered another two arms. Originally, the primeval Lord Sri Krsna displays only two arms, but in His Narayana feature He exhibits four
- When Lord Krsna saw Radharani, He wanted to maintain the four-armed form to joke with Her
- When Srimati Radharani came there, Krsna could not maintain His four arms in Her presence. This is the wonderful glory of Her love
- When the sons of Pandu, headed by Maharaj Yudhisthira, saw Krsna in His fourhanded form on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, holding His conchshell, disk, club and lotus flower
- Whether one concentrates his mind on the four-handed form of Visnu or on the form of two-handed Krsna, it is the same
- Within the prison of His maternal uncle Kamsa, where His father and mother were confined, Krsna appeared outside His mother's body as the four-handed Visnu-Narayana