Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"Krsna's family"|"family of Lord Krsna"|"acyuta gotra"|"family of Krsna"|"family of Krishna"|"families of Krishna"|"Krishna's family"|"family members of Krsna"|"family members of Lord Krsna"|"family circle of Krsna"|"family with Krsna"|"Krsna family"|"Krsna with His family"|"Krsna along with His family"|"Krsna's great family"|"Krsna's real family"|"Krsna is enjoying His family"|"Krsna appeared in ksatriya families"|"Krsna was familywise"
- VedaBase query: "Krsna* famil*"@10 or "Krishna* famil*"@10
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Our ISKCON Family (5 P)
- ► Yadu Dynasty (12 C, 156 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Family"
The following 83 pages are in this category, out of 83 total.
- According to religious principles, Krsna, along with Satyabhama, performed ceremonies in honor of His departed father-in-law. In those ceremonies all the friends and relatives of the family joined together
- After this incident (of Trnavarta trying to kill Krsna), Vasudeva asked his family priest, Garga Muni, to visit the place of Nanda Maharaja in order to astrologically calculate the future life of Krsna
- All these attachments (for His family members) of the Lord are manifestations of His internal potency, of which the external potency is only a shadow representation
- Anacara means not proper behavior. Proper behavior means to remain always pious, and improper behavior means to become impious, sinful. If you become sinful, then you cannot enter into the family of Krsna
- And the descendants of King Yadu, due to their family relationship with Krsna, are always thinking of Him as one of their members
- Another lesson is that if we fight amongst ourselves, even we belong to the family of Krsna, we are ruined. This is the instance of Yadu-kula
- Arjuna and Krsna was of the same age, but Arjuna looks older; Krsna looks younger. And Krsna at that time had great-grandchildren. His grandchildren & His grandchildren's children were present at that time. The whole family extended to about ten millions
- As soon as there was enemy attack in the Dvaraka city, immediately the kings, royal family, Krsna's family, Pradyumna, His son, and others, immediately go out of the city and combat with the enemies
- Having taken birth in that family (dynasty of the Yadus), how could Krsna have been seduced, even by the gopis? It is concluded, therefore, that it was not possible for Krsna to do anything abominable
- He (Krsna) had also glorified King Yadu, having taken His birth in the family. He is known as Yadava, Yaduvira, Yadunandana, etc., although the Lord is always independent of such obligation
- He (Krsna) was undoubtedly very kind to Kunti's brother Vasudeva and the family. Had He not become the son of Vasudeva and Devaki, Queen Kunti could not claim Him to be her nephew and thus address Krsna in parental affection
- He is unborn, and yet He appears by His causeless mercy upon the surrendered rulers of all parts of the universe. Only for their interest did He appear in the family of His unalloyed devotees the Yadus
- He is your master, guru, God and very dear friend, and also the head of your family. Yet sometimes He agrees to act as your family's servant or order-carrier. You are greatly fortunate because this relationship is possible only by bhakti-yoga
- I am very glad that you have come to join our family of Krsna which is the original eternal, blissful family of all living souls as parts and parcels of the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna
- If one lives a family life following in the footsteps of Lord Krsna's family members, one can achieve all four of these principles of success simultaneously by making Krsna the center of all activities
- In this book, the attempt will be made to show how Krsna appeared in the family of the Yadu dynasty and how He displayed His transcendental characteristics
- King Nanda said, "Even though we (King Nanda and his family) would be put into various kinds of difficulties, by the grace of this boy (Krsna) we would be very easily freed from them"
- King Nanda said, "Gargacarya assured me that this boy would be all-auspicious for my family and that He (Krsna) would be able to give transcendental blissful pleasure to all the cowherd men and cows in Vrndavana"
- Krsna consciousness movement means to cut off family connection and enter into Krsna's family, not void
- Krsna consciousness movement means to practice in this life how to enter Krsna's family
- Krsna continued, "You (King Nagnajit) may also be pleased to be informed that in Our family tradition there is no scope for Our offering anything in exchange for accepting your daughter (Satya). We cannot pay any price you may impose for delivering her"
- Krsna is the Supreme Person. He has created us, Krsna's family. We also address Krsna, "O Father, give us our daily bread." And He's actually giving us bread. Not only us, to all the living entities. So it is a big family
- Krsna lived with wives and children in all opulence, exactly like an ordinary conditioned soul, just to teach those souls who are actually conditioned that they must enter into the family circle of Krsna, where He is the center
- Krsna's family - Krsna and His wives, along with their sons and grandsons and even great-grandsons - all combined together, include very nearly one billion family members
- Krsna's father's name was Vasudeva, son of Surasena, descending from the Yadu dynasty. Actually, the SP of Godhead does not belong to any dynasty of this material world, but the family in which the SP of Godhead appears becomes famous, by His grace
- Krsna's real family, eternal family, blissful family
- Krsna, the SP of Godhead, belongs to everyone, but just as the sun rises from the east, although there are other directions from which it could rise, so by His own choice the Lord appears in a particular family, and that family becomes famous
- Mathura City contained different communities, known then as Dasarha, Bhoja, Andhaka and Satvata. All these communities were different branches of the same family in which Krsna appeared, namely the Yadu dynasty
- Mathura was also made the capital of the kings of the Yadu dynasty because the Yadus were a very pious family and knew that Mathura is the place where Krsna lives eternally, just as He also lives in Dvaraka
- Mucukunda was eager to know the identity of Krsna, and he said, "O best of human beings, if You think I am fit to know Your identity, kindly tell me who You are. What is Your parentage? What is Your occupational duty, and what is Your family tradition"
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi inquired, "Now You and Krsna are grown-up married men with children. In the happiness of family life, do You sometimes remember Your poor father and mother, Nanda Maharaja and Yasodadevi"
- No anxiety means when you know that "Krsna will protect me," you have no anxiety. To become in the family of Krsna. We are already in the family of Krsna, but in a different way
- No information of the real family association with Krsna
- One friend of Nanda, speaking about Krsna's auspicious bodily symptoms, said, "My dear King of the cowherds, I can find 32 auspicious symptoms on the body of your son! I am wondering how this boy could have taken his birth in the family of cowherd men"
- Our Krishna consciousness movement is to educate people how to re-enter the family of Krishna and thus become eternally happy and blissful
- Our Krishna is a great family Personality. Krishna is never a mendicant, and our ambition is to enter into Krishna's family and to associate with Him personally
- Our Krsna family means Krsna is the master, and He is the supreme enjoyer. And if we understand this point, that Krsna is the center, He is the enjoyer, and we are meant for serving Him for His enjoyment, that is Krsna family
- Practically all the leaders of the family, including Pradyumna, Satyaki, Gada, Samba, Sarana, Nanda, Upananda and Bhadra, combined together and gathered twelve aksauhini military divisions into phalanxes
- Pradyumna addressed Prabhavati at that time and said: "My dear Prabhavati, just look at the head of our family, Sri Krsna: He is Visnu Himself, the supreme driver of Garuda
- Preaching work means increasing the number of our family members. Krsna is our head man in the family
- Produce children as much as you can train them to become eternally family members of Krsna. That is spiritual contraceptive. Don't produce children like cats and dogs
- Simply to teach the children of the Yadu dynasty there were as many as 38,800,000 tutors, or acaryas. If so many teachers were needed to educate their children, one can simply imagine how vast was the number of family members
- Simultaneously Krsna was engaged in different family affairs in those sixteen thousand palaces. In each and every one of the palaces there were nicely decorated gardens and lakes
- Sisupala continued: "Krsna does not belong to a high family. He is so independent that no one knows His principles of religious life. Indeed, it appears that He is outside the jurisdiction of all religious principles"
- Somewhere else He (Krsna) was found enjoying family life according to the regulative principles of the sastras
- Srimati Radharani continued, "We have all heard this from our grandmother Paurnamasi. She has informed us that Krsna was born in a ksatriya family previous to this birth and was known as Ramacandra"
- The family in which Krsna appeared is called the Yadu dynasty. This Yadu dynasty belongs to the family descending from Soma, the god in the moon planet
- The first excellence is that before Lord Krsna's appearance in the Yadu family, the river Ganges was known as the purest of all things; even impure things could be purified simply by touching the water of the Ganges
- The Lord is the vanquisher of the distresses of one who is surrendered unto Him. Thus He who desired to destroy His family told me previously to go to Badarikasrama
- The material world means we are running after false family. But don't think that there is no real family life. There is real family. That is Krsna's real family, eternal family, blissful family
- The Mathura citizens discussed the dynasty of Yadu, saying that because of Krsna's appearance in this dynasty the Yadus would remain the most celebrated family in the whole universe
- The Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krsna, after foreseeing the end (of His family) by His internal potency, went to the bank of the River Sarasvati, sipped water, and sat down underneath a tree
- The sum total of Krsna's personal family members amounted to about ten million, popularly known as the Yadu-vamsa. And again, during His lifetime, He managed to vanquish them all
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, the Supersoul in the hearts of all living entities, descended in His original form as a human being in the dynasty or family of Yadu
- Then, due to his great love and feeling, Vidura embraced him (Uddhava), who was a constant companion of Lord Krsna and formerly a great student of Brhaspati's. Vidura then asked him for news of the family of Lord Krsna, the Personality of Godhead
- This Krishna Consciousness Movement is a treatment for reviving the memory that we all belong to Krishna's family
- This Krsna consciousness movement means to become trained up sufficiently how to enter Krsna's great family. In Krsna's family there is no sannyasi. Have you seen, anyone, a sannyasi in Vrndavana? At least in the books?
- We are trained up, because we belong to Krsna family. So this Radha-Krsna worship is our family tradition. Our forefathers, my father, my maternal uncles, we are Vaisnava family. Belonging to the Caitanya-sampradaya
- We have to, according to the sastric injunction, according to the spiritual master instruction, everywhere we have to organize this Krsna family
- We should not be greedy and we should not mix with persons not interested in Krishna. In this way, we can make steady progress and maintain our membership in Krishna's family
- When Krsna was present in Dvaraka, His family, which is known as the Yadu dynasty, consisted of 560 million members. And all of these family members were very obedient and faithful to Krsna
- When Krsna was residing in Dvaraka, some of the elderly members of the Yadu family would occasionally put some important matter before Him
- When Lord Krsna understood that there was great danger in the city of Dvaraka, He took permission from the elder members of the Pandava family, especially from His aunt Kuntidevi, and started immediately for Dvaraka
- When one comes to Krsna consciousness he immediately becomes one of the Acyuta-gotra, or descendants of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and thus becomes transcendental to all considerations of caste, creed, color and nationality
- When the four months of the rainy season passed and Aniruddha had still not returned home, all the members of the Yadu family became much perturbed. They could not understand how the boy was missing
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead appeared as Lord Ramacandra, He (Krsna) appeared in the family descending from the sun-god, known as the Raghu-vamsa; and when He appeared as Lord Krsna, He did so in the family known as the Yadu-vamsa
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead appears, He (Krsna) generally appears in a ksatriya family because He has to establish religious principles, or the life of righteousness