Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► God's Eyes (12 C, 52 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Eyes"
The following 105 pages are in this category, out of 105 total.
- After binding Asvatthama, Arjuna wanted to take him to the military camp. The Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna, looking on with His lotus eyes, spoke to angry Arjuna
- Akrura also saw that Their eyes were exactly like the beautiful lotus flower that grows during the autumn season. He saw Krsna and Balarama in the spring of Their youth
- Akrura himself was a great devotee of the Lord (Krsna), while going to Vrndavana he began to pray to the Lord. Devotees are always absorbed in thoughts of Krsna, and Akrura was constantly thinking of Lord Krsna's lotus eyes
- All princesses who were wives of Krsna were exquisitely beautiful, & each one of them was attracted by Krsna's eyes, which were just like lotus petals, and by His beautiful face, long arms, beautiful ears, pleasing smile, humorous talk & sweet words
- All these women auspiciously glorified their lives despite their being without individuality and without purity. Their husband, the lotus-eyed P of G, never left them alone at home. He always pleased their hearts by making valuable presentations
- Another friend would then come up from the rear and cover Krsna's eyes with his hands. Krsna would always feel very happy by such dealings with His confidential friends
- Another gopi said, "O Lord, Your (Krsna's) attractive eyes, like the lotus, are so nice and pleasing. Your sweet words are so fascinating that they please even the greatest scholars, who also become attracted to You"
- Another gopi said, "We are also attracted by Your (Krsna's) speaking and by the beauty of Your face and eyes. Please, therefore, satisfy us by Your nectarean kisses"
- Because of his great affection for Krsna, King Iksvaku became greatly attached to the black cloud, the black deer, the deer's black eyes and the lotus flower, which is always compared to the eyes of the Lord
- Bilvamangala said, "His eyes are always moist, and His lips are colored like copper, and through those lips there comes a sound vibration which drives one madder than a mad elephant. I want so much to see Him at Vrndavana"
- Bilvamangala said, "I am eagerly waiting to see that boy of Vrndavana whose bodily beauty is captivating the whole universe, whose eyes are always bounded by black eyebrows and expanded like lotus petals"
- Both Arjuna and Lord Sri Krsna are described here in an angry mood, but Arjuna's eyes were like balls of red copper whereas the eyes of the Lord were like lotuses. This means that the angry mood of Arjuna and that of the Lord are not on the same level
- God has His eyes, heads, legs, hands everywhere. Therefore He is all-pervasive. So just like government has got vigilance
- God's senses, Krsna's senses are as powerful as other senses. Just like I can see with my eyes, but Krsna can eat also with His eyes
- Gopis said, "By the movement of His (Krsna's) eyes He is pleasing the gopis, & He is fighting with demons like Aristasura and others. In this way, He is sitting with different living entities in different ways, & He is thoroughly enjoying the situation"
- He (Krsna) is known as Govinda, and His eyes are very enchanting. He is playing upon His flute, and on His head there is a peacock feather. And His whole body is illuminated by the moonlight in the sky
- He (Krsna) pressed His teeth and lips, and taking up a piece of stone, He immediately broke the butter pot. He took butter out of it, and with false tears in His eyes, He began to eat the butter in a secluded place
- His (Krsna's) eyes appeared to spread like the petals of a lotus, and His smiling face exhibited the symbol of eternal peace and prosperity
- His (Lord Krsna) blackish bodily hue appears just like the indranila jewel. There are reddish signs on His eyes, and small soft hairs are coming out on His body. The appearance of these symptoms has made Him extraordinarily beautiful
- His ears are fixed on the string of that bow, and when His eyes spread to His ears, He pierces the hearts of the gopis
- In the beginning of His (Krsna's) kaisora age - there are reddish borders around His eyes, and a growth of soft hairs on His body
- In the Krsna-karnamrta, Bilvamangala Thakur describes how Krsna meets His devotee - with peacock feather on His head, with marakata jewels on His chest, with His ever-enchanting smile, His restless eyes and His very delicate body
- In the middle kaumara age, the upper portion of Krsna's hair falls around His eyes. Sometimes He is covered with cloth around the lower part of His body, and sometimes He is completely naked
- It is described that the lotus-eyed Krsna entered amongst the wrestlers without being impolite to them, glanced over them with determination, and seemed to them just like an elephant attacking some plants
- It is said that the transcendental body of Krsna resembles the lotus flower in eight parts - namely, His face, His two eyes, His two hands, His navel, and His two feet
- Jatila said: "Krsna, You are standing here, and Radharani, who has just been married to my son, is also standing here. Now I know both of You very well, so why should I not be very anxious to protect my daughter-in-law from Your dancing eyes?"
- Just a little distance away from Krsna was mother Yasoda, and Krsna was surrounded by all of His friends. In front of His eyes was Candravali, and, at the same time, on a chunk of stone in front of the entrance to Vraja stood the demon known as Vrsasura
- Kalayavana noticed Krsna's specific marks and the jewels on His chest, His beautiful garland of lotus flowers, His lotuslike eyes and similar beautiful bodily features
- Kalayavana saw Him, in His Visnu form, with a well-built body, four hands, and eyes like the petals of a newly blooming lotus
- Krsna first of all offered respect to His spiritual master, then to His father and then to His elder brother, Balarama. In this way Lord Krsna, the lotus-eyed, was completely happy and pure at heart in all of His dealings
- Krsna has nothing to do with action and reaction, but because He was playing the part of a human being, He expressed His full sympathy for the bereavement of Satyabhama, and His eyes filled with tears when He heard about the death of His father-in-law
- Krsna has two reddish, widely spread eyes. These are ministers of the king, and they subdue the pride of Cupid, who also has beautiful eyes. That face of Govinda, which is full of happiness, is the home of the pastimes of beauty
- Krsna heard the appealing voices of His friends, and casting a pleasing glance over them, He began to answer. By speaking through His eyes, He impressed upon His friends that there was no cause for fear, and He assured them, "Don't worry"
- Krsna is sometimes addressed as the lotus-eyed because His eye... He's very beautiful. So anyone who has got his eyes just like petals of the lotus flower, it is considered very beautiful
- Krsna's eyes, navel and face, hands and feet are like eight lotus flowers on His body. From those eight lotuses emanates a fragrance like a mixture of camphor and lotus. That is the scent associated with His body
- Krsna's face is the enjoyer king. That full-moon face makes His shark-shaped earrings and lotus eyes dance. His eyebrows are like bows, and His eyes are like arrows
- Krsna's perfect bodily features are described as follows: "My dear enemy of Kamsa, Your broad eyes, Your rising chest, Your two pillar-like arms and the thin middle portion of Your body are always enchanting to every lotus-eyed beautiful girl"
- Krsna, on arriving at this age (thirteen years), manifested such beautiful bodily features that His restless eyes became the playthings of Cupid, and His mild smile resembled the newly grown lotus flower
- Kubja told Krsna, "My dear friend, kindly remain with me at least for a few days and enjoy with me. My dear lotus-eyed friend, I cannot leave You immediately. Please grant my request"
- Kundalata said, "There are reddish signs on His (Krsna's) eyes, and small soft hairs are coming out on His body. The appearance of these symptoms has made Him extraordinarily beautiful"
- Lalita said: "The borders of Krsna's eyes roam from side to side, and His eyebrows move slowly like bumblebees on His lotuslike face
- Learned scholar say, "The Supreme Personality of Godhead, whose bodily complexion is just like a bluish, new-grown lotus flower, whose body is very delicate and whose lotus eyes are surrounded by scattered hair as black as bees"
- Lord Brahma said: The Lord, who is supreme and is the oldest of all, is unlimitedly merciful. I wish that He may smilingly bestow His benediction upon me by opening His lotus eyes
- Lord Siva said, "In the impersonalists' conception of Your (Krsna's) supreme existence, the heavenly planets are Your head, all the directions are Your ears, the earth (Urvi) is Your lotus feet, the moon is Your mind, and the sun is Your eye"
- Lord Sri Krsna is just like a bluish lotus flower for the ears; He is ointment for the eyes, a necklace of indranila gems for the chest, and universal ornaments for the gopi damsels of Vrndavana. Let that Lord Sri Hari, Krsna, be glorified
- Madhumangala said, "I think I can guess the reason for Your absent-mindedness when I see Your two eyes flying over to the eyes of Radharani, just like black drones flying to lotus flowers"
- Mother Yasoda addressed Krsna thus, "My dear son, why do Your eyes look like they have been smeared with some oxides? Have You dressed Yourself with the blue garments of Baladeva?"
- Mother Yasoda said, "My dear Krsna, O my dear lotus-eyed child, please come and suck my breast. You have played enough. You must be very hungry, my dear little child. You must be tired from playing for so long"
- Mother Yasoda then addressed Nanda Maharaj, "See my dear son, whose eyes are white, who has a turban on His head, a wrapper on His body and leg bells which tinkle very sweetly on His feet"
- Nanda continued, "My dear Uddhava, when we think of Krsna's beautiful face and eyes and His different activities here in Vrndavana, we become so overwhelmed that all our activities cease"
- Nor is there any difference between the action of one part of His body & that of another. His hands can act as His legs, His eyes can act as His ears, or His nose can act as another part of His body. Krsna's smelling & eating & hearing are all the same
- Not only are these activities (uprooting a gigantic banyan or arjuna tree and extinguishing a blazing forest fire simply by closing one's eyes) amazing to hear, but in fact all other activities of the Lord, whatever He may do, are all superhuman
- O lotus-eyed Lord (Krsna), whenever You go away to Mathura, Vrndavana or Hastinapura to meet Your friends and relatives, every moment of Your absence seems like a million years. O infallible one, at that time our eyes become useless, as if bereft of sun
- O lotus-eyed one, great personalities like Lord Siva desire to bathe in the dust of Your lotus feet to drive away ignorance. If I do not get the mercy of Your Lordship, I shall observe vows to reduce the duration of my life
- O mighty-armed one (Krsna), all the planets with their demigods are disturbed at seeing Your great form, with its many faces, eyes, arms, thighs, legs, and bellies and Your many terrible teeth; and as they are disturbed, so am I (Arjuna)
- On the coiled lap of Sesa Naga, Krsna was sitting very soberly, with four hands. His eyes were like the reddish petals of the lotus flower. After returning to the Yamuna, Akrura saw Balarama turned into Sesa Naga and Krsna turned into Maha-Visnu
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "Although My beauty defeats the beauty of ten million Cupids, although it is unequaled and unsurpassed, and although it gives pleasure to the three worlds, seeing Radharani gives pleasure to My eyes"
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "My eyes are fully satisfied when I look upon Srimati Radharani, but by looking upon Me, She becomes even more advanced in satisfaction"
- Once Lord Krsna, in His childhood, was chastised by His mother, Yasoda, and Lord Krsna cried. But although He shed tears from His eyes, this is not to be considered a reaction of the mode of ignorance, for the incident was full of transcendental pleasure
- One devotee exclaimed, "How wonderful is the personal feature of Lord Krsna! How His neck is just like a conchshell! His eyes are so beautiful, as though they themselves are encountering the beauty of a lotus flower"
- One gopi said, "His (Krsna's) dancing eyes have dimmed the brilliance of the most expert dancer, and so there is no longer any comparison to the beauty of Krsna"
- Radharani, "My dear friend, who is this boy whose eyelids, dancing constantly, have increased the beauty of His face and attracted My desire for conjugal love"
- Rukmini continued, "In the Vedas it is stated that although You (krsna) have no material hands and legs, You accept everything offered in devotion by the devotees. You have no material eyes and ears, but still You can see and hear everything everywhere"
- Rukmini continued, 'I have selected Your Lordship as my husband, and I therefore request You (Krsna) to accept me as Your wife. You are the supreme powerful, O lotus-eyed one. Now I belong to You'
- Seeing the rope in the hands of mother Yasoda, the Lord bowed down His head and began to weep just like a child, and tears rolled down His cheeks, washing off the black ointment smeared about His beautiful eyes
- Similarly, Maharaj Nanda addressed his wife, "My dear Yasoda, just look at your offspring, Krsna! See His blackish bodily luster, His eyes tinged with red color, His broad chest and His nice golden necklace
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "'May the left arm of Sri Krsna, whose eyes are like the petals of a lotus flower, always protect you. With His left arm He raised Govardhana Hill as if it were a toy'"
- Srimati Radharani has become peace personified for Me. Because of Her I now go without sleep. I stare constantly without blinking my eyes, and I am always in a meditative mood. Because of Her I have even made My home in the cave of a mountain
- Srimati Radharani is the Ganges in which the elephant of My mind enjoys pastimes. She is the shining of the full autumn moon for the cakora birds of My eyes
- Supreme Person is neither very fat nor very thin; He is always transcendental to material qualities, and yet His bodily luster is blackish. His eyes are reddish, He is all-powerful, and He is equipped with all different kinds of opulences
- The beauty of Krsna's eyes surpasses the beauty of white lotus flowers, His yellow garments surpass the brilliance of fresh decorations of kunkuma and His ornaments of selected forest flowers subdue the hankering for the best of garments
- The beauty of Krsna's eyes surpasses the beauty of white lotus flowers, His yellow garments surpass the brilliance of fresh decorations of kunkuma, His ornaments of selected forest flowers subdue the hankering for the best of garments
- The car came to a complete standstill and remained immobile while Lord Jagannatha, with unblinking eyes, watched the dancing of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The corners of His (Lord Kesava's) eyes wander, like large black bees, around the gopis' breasts
- The corners of His eyes wander, like large black bees, around the gopis’ breasts
- The devotees saw that both Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Gopala were brilliantly effulgent and had eyes like lotuses. They were both absorbed in ecstasy, and both Their faces resembled full moons
- The Earth personified continued, "Your (Krsna's) eyes are always spread like the petals of the lotus flower, and therefore they are all-pleasing to the eyes of others"
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana had sacrificed everything for Krsna, simply being captivated by the lotus eyes of the Lord
- The Lord appeared like a blackish cloud. He was dressed with yellow garments, His earrings shone on His ears like lightning, and His hair spread over His shoulders. He wore a garland of flowers, and His eyes were pinkish
- The Lord can see with His hands, He can hear with His eyes, He can accept offerings with His legs, and He can create with His mouth
- The Lord's body is blackish, but is eternal, full of bliss and knowledge, and very, very beautiful. His eyes are always peaceful, and they are reddish like the rising morning sun
- The movements of His (Krsna's) eyes and the mode of His speech proved that He was very, very expert in giving moral instruction. Sometimes, Maharaj Yudhisthira is also accepted by learned scholars as dhira-prasanta
- The rascals they do not know they think that Krsna is after the gopis, therefore He is immoral. But the rascal has no eyes to see that Krsna may be immoral in his eye, but here is Yogesvara. At the same time, Yogesvara
- The special beauty of Krsna's body was His mild smiling, His restless eyes and His world enchanting songs
- The special beauty of Krsna's body was His mild smiling, His restless eyes and His world enchanting songs. These are the special features of this age (thirteen years)
- The statement continued, "Only then shall I be able to worship Him, always observing His lotus eyes and beautiful face." In this statement the whole is the ecstasy of neutrality, and the part is servitorship
- Then the gopis told lotus-eyed Krsna, "Please do not discourage our long-cherished desires to have You as our husband. Any intelligent man who cares for his own self-interest reposes all his loving spirit in You"
- There (in Goloka) the Lord plays His flute, His eyes are like lotus petals, and the color of His body is like that of a beautiful cloud. On His head is a peacock feather. He is so attractive that He excels thousands of Cupids
- There are two things, superior and inferior, everywhere, but in the eyes of God, Krsna, there is no such thing, superior or inferior. He's superior, and everything is superior. This should be understood
- There is a description of Krsna's feeling for his vayasyas in Vrndavana. He once said to Balarama, "My dear brother, when My companions were being devoured by the Aghasura, hot tears poured down from My eyes
- There was protective tilaka on His forehead, black mascara around His eyes and silk thread around His waist. These are the descriptions of Krsna's dress at the beginning of the kaumara age
- This boy (Krsna) has a reddish luster in seven places - His eyes, the ends of His hands, the ends of His legs, His palate, His lips, His tongue and His nails. A reddish luster in these seven places is considered to be auspicious
- This peculiarity in Krsna was visible when Kamsa was insulting Maharaj Nanda, and Vasudeva asking Krsna's assistance in killing Kamsa. Krsna was glancing over Kamsa with longing eyes, just like a prostitute, and He was just preparing to jump at the King
- Vasudeva saw the newborn child (the Supreme Personality of Godhead), who had very wonderful lotuslike eyes and who bore in His four hands the four weapons sankha, cakra, gada and padma
- Vasudeva was asking Krsna's assistance in killing Kamsa, and Krsna was glancing over Kamsa with longing eyes, just like a prostitute, and was just preparing to jump at the King
- We can touch only with our hands or skin, but Krsna can touch just by glancing. We can see only with our eyes; we cannot touch or smell with them. Krsna, however, can smell and also eat with His eyes
- When He was caught, Krsna was almost on the point of crying. He smeared His hands over His eyes, which were anointed with black eye cosmetics. The child saw His mother’s face while she stood over Him, and His eyes became restless from fear
- When I thus expressed my heartfelt desires unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the lotus-eyed Lord instructed me about His transcendental situation
- When Mother Yasoda once saw Him in His middle kaumara age: His scattered hairs were touching His eyebrows, and His eyes were restless, but He could not express His feelings with proper words