Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Engaging"
The following 83 pages are in this category, out of 83 total.
- A friend of Krsna informed Him, "It is certainly astonishing how You could forget Your mother while You are off somewhere engaged in Your playful activities!" This is another instance of deep anxiety in ecstatic love"
- After His meditation, Lord Krsna would regularly bathe early in the morning with clear, sanctified water. Then He would change into fresh clothing, cover Himself with a wrapper and engage Himself in His daily religious functions
- After seeing her son so engaged, she very silently approached Him from behind. Krsna, however, saw her coming toward Him with a stick in her hand, and He immediately got down from the grinding mortar and began to flee in fear
- Although Lord Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, out of His causeless mercy He was engaged in the service of His friend. He never fails in His affection for His devotees
- Although the person may be foolish, Krsna, being all-intelligent, engages him in His devotional service in such a way that he gradually forgets material opulence
- And by his mind a Krsna conscious person always thinks of the activities of the Lord - as He is speaking on the battlefield of Kuruksetra or engaging in His various pastimes at Vrndavana with His devotees
- Arjuna said: O Janardana, O Kesava, why do You urge me to engage in this ghastly warfare, if You think that intelligence is better than fruitive work? BG 3.1 - 1972
- At that age (of youth), Krsna is full with all transcendental qualities and is engaged in His transcendental pastimes. Therefore, devotees have accepted the beginning of His youth as the most attractive feature in ecstatic love
- First (Krsna would distribute garlands, betel nuts, sandalwood pulp) to the brahmanas and elderly members of the family, then to the queens, and then to the ministers, and if there were still some balance He would engage it for His own personal use
- For, if I did not engage in work, O Partha, certainly all men would follow My path. BG 3.23 - 1972
- Hare: "O the energy of God, 'Krsna,' O the Lord, please engage me in Your service." Because we are now engaged in the service of Satan, maya
- He (Narada) then entered another palace. This time Naradaji saw that Lord Krsna was engaged as an affectionate father petting His small children
- However, my Lord is Lord Sri Krsna, a cowherd boy who is engaged in tending cows. Why is it that Laksmi, being such a chaste wife, wants to associate with My Lord
- I was engaged in My own playful activities in My home, and because of My childish innocence I did not know right from wrong
- If both Krsna and Balarama were engaged in fighting with Kalayavana at one place, Jarasandha might come at another to attack the whole Yadu family and take his revenge
- In a sporting attitude, Krsna wanted to engage in a mock fight with His devotee. As we have experienced from the pages of Srimad-Bhagavatam, the Supreme Personality of Godhead has all the propensities and instincts of a human being
- In the Lalita-madhava, Krsna is addressed as follows, "My dear Krsna, when You are engaged in herding the animals, the dust caused by the hooves of the calves and cows covers Your nice face and artistic tilaka, and You appear very dusty"
- In the Mathura-khanda chapter of the Skanda Purana, there is a description of Krsna and Balarama, surrounded by all the cowherd boys, always engaged in taking care of the cows and calves
- In the meantime, Krsna engaged in the pastime of offering the Khandava forest, which belonged to Indra. Krsna wanted to give it to Agni, the fire-god. The Khandava forest contained many varieties of drugs, & Agni required to eat them for rejuvenation
- It is at Govardhana Hill that Krsna tends the cows with His cowherd friends, and there also He had His rendezvous with His most beloved Sri Radha and engaged in loving pastimes with Her
- Kamsa said, "So I will have no more anxieties about Him, even if He is engaged in a terrible fight." This is an instance of uparasa in a perverted reflection of parental love
- Krsna continued, "I have left Vrndavana for good and am now engaged with the queens in Dvaraka, but I am not well behaved with any of you. So you can very easily understand that I have no steadiness of character"
- Krsna engaged Arjuna on the battlefield under His order, and so the fighting became devotional service. Therefore, Arjuna was not subjected to any sinful reaction
- Krsna is joyful. He is not engaged in some industrial work or in some heavy machine making. He is simply playing on His flute
- Krsna said, "Let us have our lunch in this spot because it is already late and we are feeling hungry. Let the calves remain near us, and drink water from the Yamuna. While we engage in our lunch-taking, the calves may engage in eating the soft grasses"
- Krsna said, "My dear friend Uddhava, I think I should now take advantage of all these circumstances and engage Myself in the rasa dance"
- Krsna said, "My dear friends, you know that Lord Balarama and I left Vrndavana just to please Our relatives and family members. Thus We were long engaged in fighting with Our enemies and were obliged to forget you, who were so much attached to Me"
- Krsna sometimes played with His intimate friends by engaging in fighting or wrestling with their arms, sometimes by playing ball, sometimes by playing chess
- Krsna was once thinking, "Today, while I was engaged in tending the cows in the pasturing ground of Vrndavana, I went to collect some flowers in a beautiful garden"
- Krsna's expansion is not material, like the expansion of the television or the yogi. When Narada visited the different palaces of Krsna, he saw that Krsna, in His different expansions, was variously engaged in each and every palace of the queens
- Lord Krsna engaged for a long time in talking with Sudama Vipra about their past association. Then, just to enjoy the company of an old friend, Lord Krsna began to smile and asked
- Lord Sri Krsna is always engaged in His transcendental pastimes; therefore the devotees, following in the footsteps of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, can always eat those lotus buds, for they are the pastimes of the Lord
- Mother Yasoda addressed Balarama thus: "My dear Rama, the glory of Your family, my dear child, please come back with Your younger brother Krsna immediately. You have been engaged in playing since early morning, and You must be very tired"
- My dear Lord, You are engaged in Your pastimes, and You utilize all the women in the universe according to Your desire. You are so kind to Me. Please divert Your attention to Me, for by fortune You have appeared before Me
- My Lord, even the learned sages become disturbed in their intelligence when they see that Your Greatness engages in fruitive work although You are free from all desires, that You take birth although You are unborn, that You flee out of fear of the enemy
- Narada saw Lord Krsna engaged in getting His sons and daughters married with suitable brides and bridegrooms in due course of time, and the marriage ceremonies were being performed with great pomp
- Naradaji saw Lord Krsna engaged in playing chess with His dear wife and Uddhava. The Lord immediately got up from His personal seat and invited Narada Muni to sit there
- Nrga said, "Lord Krsna, who is always engaged in purifying the conditioned living entities, gave instruction not only to His family members & the inhabitants of Dvaraka but to all the members of human society. After this, the Lord entered His palace"
- O son of Prtha, there is no work prescribed for Me within all the three planetary systems. Nor am I in want of anything, nor have I need to obtain anything - and yet I am engaged in work. BG 3.22 - 1972
- Once while the boys were engaged in their transcendental pastimes, a great demon of the name Pralambasura entered their company, desiring to kidnap both Balarama and Krsna
- Once, when He (Lord Krsna) was engaged in tending the calves in the forest along with His elder brother, Balarama, a demon named Bakasura appeared, and Krsna at once bifurcated the demon's beak
- One day when Krsna was engaged in stealing butter and yogurt in the house of Jatila, He assured His friends, "My dear friends, I know that this old lady is now sleeping very profoundly because she is breathing very deeply"
- Saint Narada entered each and every one of the sixteen thousand residential palaces of the queens of Lord Krsna, and in each of them he found Krsna engaged in different ways
- She (the wife of the brahmana) said, "Lord Krsna is now the King of the Bhoja, Vrsni and Andhaka dynasties, and I have heard that He never leaves His capital city, Dvaraka. He is living there without outside engagements"
- Simultaneously Krsna was engaged in different family affairs in those sixteen thousand palaces. In each and every one of the palaces there were nicely decorated gardens and lakes
- Since it is necessary for householders to increase their financial assets for various expenditures, Krsna was found somewhere engaged in matters of economic development
- Somewhere else Naradaji found that Lord Krsna was engaged in discussing topics of fighting, and somewhere else in making peace with enemies
- Somewhere He (Krsna) was seen engaged in public welfare activities, establishing deep wells for the water supply, rest houses and gardens for unknown guests, and great monasteries and temples for saintly persons
- Somewhere Krsna was found as a ksatriya king engaged in hunting animals in the forest and riding on a very beautiful Sindhi horse
- Somewhere Lord Krsna was found enjoying the company of a particular wife by exchanging joking words with her. Somewhere else He was found engaged with His wife in religious ritualistic functions
- Surabhi cows are generally found on the Vaikuntha planets. As described in Brahma-samhita, Lord Krsna, on His planet, Goloka Vrndavana, engages in tending the surabhi cows (surabhir abhipalayantam). These cows are the Lord's pet animals
- The Absolute Truth, Personality of Godhead, is engaged in conjugal loving affairs, Radha-Krsna. But the same Radha-Krsna love matter has permeated through matter. Therefore it is perverted reflection
- The gopis' songs were like thunder, their beauty appeared to be just like lightning in the sky, and the drops of perspiration visible on their faces appeared like falling snow. In this way, the gopis and Krsna fully engaged in dancing
- The Lord is always engaged in transcendental loving activities with His spiritual associates in the various relationships of santa (neutrality), dasya (servitorship), sakhya (friendship), vatsalya (parental affection) and madhurya (conjugal love)
- The Lord was engaged in His pastimes of the rasa dance in the forest of Vrndavana, enlivening the sexual desires of the wives of the inhabitants of Vrndavana by sweet and melodious songs
- The Lord was thus engaged in household life for many, many years, but at last His detachment from ephemeral sex life was fully manifested
- The scorching heat of the autumn sunshine was sometimes intolerable, and therefore the clouds in the sky appeared in sympathy above Krsna and Balarama and Their boyfriends while They engaged in blowing Their flutes
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna, out of His causeless mercy, appeared on this planet by His internal potency and enjoyed Himself amongst competent women as if He were engaging in mundane affairs
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead was engaged in His so-called household affairs in order to teach people how one can sanctify one's household life although one may be attached to the imprisonment of material existence
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is full in all six opulences, including His attractive beauty, which engages Him in conjugal love with the gopis. Such sweetness is the quintessence of His qualities
- There is a principal cause for Lord Krsna's appearance. It grows from His own engagements as the foremost enjoyer of loving exchanges
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to train and engage rams and cocks in fighting for sport. They then learned how to teach parrots to speak and to answer the questions of human beings
- Thus Krsna is eternally engaged in His transcendental activities in Vrndavana with His friends, the cowherd boys and gopis, but sometimes He exhibits the extraordinary prowess of the Supreme Personality of Godhead by killing different types of demons
- We will feel transcendentally pleased if we think of how Sri Rukminidevi and Krsna acted as ideal householders to teach the whole human society to rise early in the morning and immediately engage in Krsna consciousness
- When Akrura entered Vrndavana, he saw Krsna and Balarama engaged in supervising the milking of the cows. Krsna was dressed in yellow garments and Balarama in bluish
- When Krsna and the queens engaged themselves in these pastimes, it seemed as if the heavenly king Yaksaraja were engaged in pastimes with his many wives. (Yaksaraja is also known as Kuvera and is considered the treasurer of the heavenly kingdom)
- When Krsna was present in the sacrificial arena of His enemy King Kamsa, the wrestlers present, although appreciating the softness of the body of Sri Krsna, were afraid and perturbed when they thought of engaging with Him in battle
- When Lord Krsna was engaged in such enjoyment, the Gandharvas and professional musicians would glorify Him with melodious musical concerts, accompanied by kettledrums, mrdangas and other drums, along with stringed instruments and brass bugles
- When Lord Krsna, Arjuna and the queens were thus engaged in these jubilant activities, persons who were not clean in heart were agitated by lustful desires
- When Narada came to see the activities of the Lord at Dvaraka and he saw that Krsna was present within every palace in the same body and was engaged in different activities, he was struck with wonder
- When the butter and milk were kept in a dark room, Krsna and Balarama would go there and make the place bright with the valuable jewels on Their bodies. On the whole, Krsna and Balarama engaged in stealing butter and milk
- When the Lord was engaged in His pastimes of the rasa dance in the forest of Vrndavana, enlivening the sexual desires of the wives of the inhabitants of Vrndavana by sweet and melodious songs, a demon of the name Sankhacuda, kidnapped the damsels
- While Krsna and Balarama and Their friends were engaged in the pastimes described above, the cows, being unobserved, began to wander off on their own, entering farther and farther into the deepest part of the forest, allured by fresh grasses
- While Krsna was engaged in enjoyment with the boys and girls within the forest of Vrndavana, Kamsa used to send his associates to kill Krsna, and Krsna would show His prowess by killing them
- While Krsna was engaged in tending the cows in the forest of Vrndavana or on Govardhana Hill, the gopis in the village were always absorbed in thinking of Him and discussing His different pastimes
- While Krsna was thus engaged in His transcendental pastimes, exhibiting His internal potency in the company of the supermost fortunate cowherd boys, there occurred another chance for Him to exhibit the superhuman powers of Godhead
- Within that forest they (the wives of the brahmanas) saw Krsna and Balarama engaged in tending the cows along with Their very affectionate boyfriends
- You are also always engaged in Your pastimes in the spiritual world, where You exhibit Your reserved, internal potency, and sometimes You exhibit the external potency by glancing over it. Thus You manifest Your pastimes
- Your (Krsna's) defeat by Jarasandha in the eighteenth engagement was nothing but an exhibition of human behavior. Unfortunately, foolish Jarasandha could not understand Your tricks, & he has since then become puffed up over his material power & prestige