Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"enemy of krsna"|"enemies of krsna"|"krsna's enemy"|"krsna's enemies"|"enemy of a demon named Mura"|"enemy of the demon Mura"|"Krsna was invincible to any enemy"|"enemy attack in the Dvaraka city"|"think of Krsna, whether as a friend or enemy"|"for Krsna's pleasure you can become His enemy"|"beats Him like an enemy "|"the enemy of Kamsa"|"enemies of the Yadu dynasty"|"destroying My enemies"|"attacks of My enemies"|"they are actually my enemies"|"rid of all my enemies"|"supported my enemies"|"acted as My enemies"|"afraid of My enemies"|"Rukmi, are My enemies"|"become My enemies"|"enemy of the Madhu demon"|"enemy of Madhu"|"enemy of the demon Madhu"|"the killer of enemies"|"Madhu demon, who was Your enemy"|"You kill Your enemies, Madhu"|"the killer or enemy"|"Madhu was Krsna's enemy"|"killer of enemies, O killer of Madhu"|"Krsna and the enemies"|"His so-called enemies""|His enemies who are killed"|"salvation even to His enemies"|"to become His enemies"|"became His enemies"|"or kill His enemies"|"disc to kill His enemies"|"His enemies attain"|"killing His enemies and marrying"|"His enemies looked"|"tormented His enemies"|"roles of His enemies"|"they are His enemies"|"all of His enemies"|"salvation even to His enemies"|"liberation even to His enemies"|"fighting with His enemies"|"becomes His enemy"|"the enemy of Bakasura"|"Krsna as enemies"|"as a devotee and as an enemy"|"unto Him, not as an enemy"|"even as an enemy"|"thought of Him as an enemy"|"treated Him as an enemy"|"Putana as an enemy"|"thinks of the Personality of Godhead as an enemy"|"Lord as an enemy"|"Krsna as an enemy"|"me as an enemy"|"even as an enemy"|"accepted as an enemy"|"someone as an enemy"|"You as an enemy"|"conscious as an enemy"|"His enemy King Kamsa"|"his enemy Krsna"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Enemies (19 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Enemies"
The following 108 pages are in this category, out of 108 total.
- A brahmana, or one who is properly qualified to understand the Absolute Truth, as well as the devotee of Lord Krsna, who is known as Muradvisa, enemy of a demon named Mura, is not subject to the rules and regulations of the state
- A fortunate child in the womb of his mother prayed to Krsna as follows: "O enemy of Kamsa, I am suffering so much because of this material body. Now I am trapped within a mess of blood, urine and liquid stool, within the womb of my mother"
- A person who can speak sweetly even with his enemy just to pacify him is called a pleasing talker. Krsna was such a pleasing talker that after defeating His enemy, Kaliya, in the water of Yamuna, He said
- After Kamsa's death King Jarasandha became a great enemy of Krsna, and there were many fights between Jarasandha and Krsna
- Akrura was afraid, because he had been deputed by Kamsa, the enemy of Krsna. He thought, "I am going to see Krsna as a messenger of the enemy." At the same time, he thought, "Krsna is in everyone’s heart as Supersoul, so He must know my heart"
- Akrura was certain that although he was going as a representative of Kamsa, Krsna would not accept him as an enemy
- All glories to Radha's love for Krsna, the enemy of the demon Mura! Although it is all-pervading, it tends to increase at every moment. Although it is important, it is devoid of pride. And although it is pure, it is always beset with duplicity
- Although Akrura was trusted by the enemy of Krsna, his heart was clear. He was a pure devotee of Krsna. He risked becoming Kamsa’s deputy just to meet Krsna
- Although Krsna was invincible to any enemy, the cowherd boys of Vrndavana became almost blackish with astonishment upon seeing His wonderful royal garments and His fighting feats on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra
- Although Rukmi was a veritable enemy of Krsna, he had great affection for his sister, Rukmini, and wanted to please her in all respects
- Although Sisupala acted as the enemy of Krsna, he was not for a single moment out of Krsna consciousness
- Although we have made our friendship with Krsna and He will always protect us, but at the same time this devotional line is risky also, that we create so many enemies
- Another gopi said, "Krsna has killed His enemy, & He has victoriously achieved the kingdom of Kamsa. Maybe He is married with a king's daughter by this time & living happily among His kinsmen & friends. Why should He come to this village of Vrndavana"
- Another lady in the assembly spoke out, "My dear friends, just look at the face of Krsna. There are drops of perspiration on His face from chasing His enemy, and His face appears like a lotus flower with drops of water"
- Being all-powerful, He never comes under the control of material nature. Indeed, material nature is but one display of His inconceivable energies
- Both the demons and the gopis were spiritually liberated, but because the demons were enemies and the gopis were friends, the demons were killed and the gopis protected
- Dear Krsna, just as the elephant while taking bath in the lake destroys all the lotus stems within the water by swinging its trunk, so simply by moving Your arms, which are compared to the trunks of elephants, You have killed so many lotus-like enemies
- Demons like Kamsa, Sisupala and Dantavakra attain the Brahman effulgence because they constantly meditate upon the Supreme Personality of Godhead out of enmity
- Even an enemy killed by Krsna gets liberation and is placed in the impersonal brahmajyoti. Since the Supreme Personality of Godhead is all-good, anyone thinking of Him, either as an enemy or as a friend, gets liberation
- Even enemies of Krsna who thought of Krsna in fear (bhaya), such as King Kamsa, received bodies in a spiritual identity similar to that of the Lord
- Even if an enemy comes to our home he should be treated with all respect, so much so that he forgets that he is an enemy. This is our philosophy
- Even the enemies of the Supreme Personality of Godhead attain that position simply by thinking of the Supreme Lord
- Except for Sisupala, those who go against the regulative principles cannot attain salvation and are surely destined for hellish life. The regulative principle is that one must always think of Krsna, whether as a friend or enemy
- For Krsna's pleasure you can become His enemy, you can become His friend, you can become anything. That is bhakti-yoga. Because your aim is how to please Krsna
- For the impersonalist and the enemies of Krsna, liberation means to merge into the supreme
- For their return to the Vaikuntha world, it was arranged that Jaya & Vijaya, for three consecutive births, would act as deadly enemies of the Lord & that at the end of these lives they would return to the Vaikuntha world & serve Him as His associates
- From the very beginning of His appearance, Krsna was the greatest enemy of all demoniac persons, although Krsna's enmity toward the demons is actually comparable to His friendship with the devotees
- He (Jaya) doesn't mind that "I am going to be enemy of Krsna." The principle is that he's following. If Krsna says that "You become My enemy," I can become His enemy. That is bhakti-yoga. Yes. I want to satisfy Krsna
- He (Krsna) sends some devotee in the garb of enemy and Krsna comes here to fight with him. At the same time, to teach us that becoming enemy, enemy of Krsna is not very profitable. Better become friend. That will be profitable
- He (Krsna) took His arrows from their quiver, and one after another He set them on the bowstring and shot them toward the enemy. They were so accurate that the elephants, horses and infantry soldiers of Jarasandha were quickly killed
- He (Lord Krsna) takes pleasure when His pure devotee beats Him like an enemy or rebukes Him from a superior position, although no one can be superior to the Lord
- Her (Radharani's) eyes are enchanted by the beauty of Lord Krsna, the enemy of Kamsa. Her body thrills in pleasure at His touch
- Hiranyaksa, Hiranyakasipu. They were Jaya-Vijaya in the Vaikuntha world. So they came here, and Krsna asked them that "If you become My enemy, then within three births you will come back. And if you remain friend, then seven births"
- I (Krsna) have already killed all the mischievous demons who are enemies of the Yadu dynasty, and I have also killed Kamsa and his allies
- I (Krsna) wish to protect the inhabitants of Vrndavana from the attacks of My enemies. That is why I remain in My kingdom; otherwise I am indifferent to My royal position.
- If an envious person can get salvation simply by concentrating his mind on Krsna, then what to speak of the gopis, who are so dear to Krsna and always think of Him in love? There must be some difference between the enemies and the friends
- If I (Radharani) want to go away from the scene because I am afraid of Him (Krsna), He will immediately spread His arms to block My path. If I piteously fall down at His feet, then this enemy of the Madhu demon, in an angry mood, bites My face
- If Krsna and the enemies who harbor feelings of opposition toward Him are respectively the object and abodes of the mellow of laughter, the resulting feelings are called aparasa, opposing mellows
- If Krsna's enemies can expect salvation simply by concentrating their minds on Him, then what to speak of persons who are so dear to Krsna?
- If Krsna's enemies could get freed from material contamination and become one with the Supreme, then certainly His dear friends like the gopis can achieve such freedom and much more
- If Krsna's enemies could get freed from material contamination and become one with the Supreme, then certainly His dear friends like the gopis can achieve such freedom and much more. Besides that, in the Bhagavad-gita Krsna is called Hrsikesa
- If you want to finish your individuality and merge into the existence of God, that is not very difficult job. Even the enemies of Krsna - Kamsa, Jarasandha, Dantavakra, Sisupala, and many demons - they also merged into the existence of Krsna
- In another prayer it is said, "My dear Lord Krsna, best of all the Kuru dynasty, You are so impartial that even if Your enemy is qualified, You will reward him; and if one of Your sons is a culprit, You will chastise him"
- In that meeting, King Sisupala was also present. He was an avowed enemy of Krsna for many reasons, especially because of Krsna's having stolen Rukmini from his intended marriage ceremony
- In these chivalrous activities, only Krsna's friends can be the opponents. Krsna's enemies can never actually be His opponents. Therefore, this challenging by Krsna's friends is called devotional service in chivalrous activities
- It is described that Krsna, the enemy of Kamsa, has sixty-four transcendental qualities, and all of the ever-liberated souls who accompany the Lord have the first fifty-five of the qualities, without any doubt
- Kaliya's wives said, "We know that Your (Krsna's) punishment for Your enemies and Your dealings with Your sons are both the same. We know that it is in thinking of the future welfare of this condemned creature that You have chastised him"
- Kamsa was always thinking of Krsna, but it is not Krsna consciousness because he was thinking of Krsna as enemy
- Kamsa was the enemy of Krsna. He always thought of Krsna, but he thought of Him as an enemy. One should always avoid such unfavorable so-called service
- Kasyapa Muni advised his wife, Aditi, to begin worshiping Lord Vasudeva, who is situated in everyone's heart. He is the friend of everyone and is known as Janardana because He can kill all enemies
- Krsna addressed Balarama, "I request You to sit on Your chariot and kill all these soldiers, the entire military strength of the enemy"
- Krsna continued, "It is not My business to disclose this secret to others, but you (Rukmini) must know that I am not very heroic; I am a coward and am afraid of My enemies. Still I am not safe, because all the great kings of the land are inimical to Me"
- Krsna continued, "My dear beautiful princess, you (Rukmini) know that all the members of the princely order, including Sisupala, Salva, Jarasandha, Dantavakra and even your elder brother Rukmi, are My enemies; they do not like Me at all"
- Krsna continued, "The demon (Kalayavana) who was present before you (Mucukunda) also acted as My enemy, and you have very kindly burned him to ashes by glancing over him"
- Krsna continued, "You (Mucukunda) may also know that I have killed Kamsa, who in a previous life was known as Kalanemi, as well as Pralambasura and many other demons. They have acted as My enemies, and I have killed them"
- Krsna decided to construct a formidable fort where no two-legged animal, either man or demon, could enter. He decided to keep His relatives there so that He would then be free to fight the enemy
- Krsna did not want Vrndavana disturbed by enemies like Dantavakra and Jarasandha. If Krsna were to go to Vrndavana, these enemies would not only attack Mathura but would go on to Vrndavana, and the peaceful inhabitants of Vrndavana would be disturbed
- Krsna has enemies. Arisudana. And He has to kill them. Krsna has got two businesses: paritranaya sadhunam vinasaya ca duskrtam
- Krsna has no enemy. Krsna has no friend. He is completely independent. He does not depend on enemy. But He plays like that for the benefit of the so-called friend and so-called enemy
- Krsna said, "My dear friends, you know that Lord Balarama and I left Vrndavana just to please Our relatives and family members. Thus We were long engaged in fighting with Our enemies and were obliged to forget you, who were so much attached to Me"
- Krsna's inimical actions are not displays of enmity toward His so-called enemies, but in the material field one thinks that He is favorable to devotees and unfavorable to nondevotees
- Krsna's perfect bodily features are described as follows: "My dear enemy of Kamsa, Your broad eyes, Your rising chest, Your two pillar-like arms and the thin middle portion of Your body are always enchanting to every lotus-eyed beautiful girl"
- Krsna's qualities as follows: 59) He is the giver of salvation to the enemies whom He kills. 60) He is the attractor of liberated souls. All these transcendental qualities are manifest wonderfully in the personal feature of Krsna
- Krsna, the enemy of Agha, always looked beautiful with His incomparable helmet, His earrings made of diamonds, His necklace of pearls, His bangles, embroidered garments and the beautiful rings on His fingers
- Kunti continued, "You (Krsna) make no such distinction. No one is Your favorite and no one is Your enemy. As the Supreme Personality of Godhead, You are equal to everyone, and everyone can take advantage of Your special protection"
- Narada Muni, the topmost pure devotee, praises Krsna's enemies like Sisupala because their minds are always completely absorbed in Krsna. Indeed, he thinks himself deficient in the inspiration of being feelingly absorbed in Krsna consciousness
- No one is dear to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, nor is anyone His enemy or friend. But He gives inspiration to those who have not forgotten Him and destroys those who have
- Not only Sisupala and Dantavakra but also many, many other kings who acted as enemies of Krsna attained salvation at the time of death. Because they thought of the Lord, they received spiritual bodies and forms the same as His
- One description was given by a gopi to her friend: "My dear friend, just see how the enemy of Agha has assumed such wonderful features!"
- One devotee exclaimed, "By such beautiful bodily features, the enemy of the demon Madhu has appeared so pleasing that He (Krsna) can bestow upon me transcendental bliss simply by my seeing His transcendental qualities"
- One gopi told her friend: "It appears that Lord Krsna, the enemy of the demon Agha, has released from His mouth a whirlwind which is acting on your head and is gradually proceeding to do the same to the other lotus-eyed gopis"
- One who does not understand the transcendental nature of the body of Krsna becomes His enemy and decries Him or fights with Him. The destination of such enemies is to merge into the Lord's Brahman effulgence
- So from this statement it appears that Krsna was very expert in counteracting the enemy's arrows
- Some enemy of Krsna's was enlivened with the thought that he needn't fear Krsna because if he simply surrendered unto Him, Krsna would give him all protection
- Somewhere else Naradaji found that Lord Krsna was engaged in discussing topics of fighting, and somewhere else in making peace with enemies
- Stated in the Bhagavad-gita, the Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead, is equal to everyone. He has no friends and no enemies. But He is inclined to a devotee who renders Him service with devotional love
- Sāstra says even if you have got material desires, even if you are not śuddha bhakta. What to speak of śuddha bhakta , even if you are an enemy of Kṛṣṇa , somehow or other go to Kṛṣṇa
- The associates of the Lord said, "This enemy of the Agha demon is always attracting our hearts by wandering about Vrndavana"
- The celestial denizens of the higher planetary system showered mallika-puspa, flowers grown in Nandana-kanana, upon Krsna, the enemy of Bakasura. They also congratulated Him by sounding celestial kettledrums and conchshells
- The demons and the impersonalists do not care for Krsna, but Krsna is so kind that He gives this liberation even to His enemies and to the impersonalists. There is the following statement in this connection
- The demons who opposed Krsna as enemies wanted to penetrate His military phalanx, but instead of doing this, they died in battle, and the result was that they penetrated the planet of Mitra, or the sun planet
- The enemies of Krsna were killed, and instead of penetrating Krsna's phalanx, they entered into the friendly atmosphere of the spiritual effulgence. That is the mercy of Krsna, and therefore He is known as the deliverer of His enemies also
- The florist continued, "You are equally disposed as the friend of all living entities; You are the Supersoul, & You do not discriminate between friend & enemy. Yet You are pleased to give Your devotees the special result of their devotional activities"
- The friend continued: "Don't advertise Yourself (Krsna) to be a great fighter by such action. You have advertised Yourself as a serpent, and I am the peacock who will now defeat You." The peacock is the ablest enemy of the serpent
- The killing of Sisupala has a direct link with that narration of Jaya & Vijaya, but the most important instruction we get from this incident is that the SPG, being absolute, can give salvation to everyone, whether one acts as His enemy or as His friend
- The liberation of the devotee and the liberation of the enemy are not the same. The enemy generally gets the liberation of sayujya, and sometimes he gets sarupya liberation
- The Lord is supremely perfect, and whenever He enacts His transcendental pastimes as a son, a rival or an object of enmity, He plays the part so perfectly that even pure devotees like Uddhava are bewildered
- The Lord ordered the gatekeepers to go down to the material world to become His enemies so that He could fight with them and His fighting desires would be satisfied by the service of His personal devotees
- The Nagapatnis began to offer prayers as follows: "O dear Lord, You are equal to everyone. For You there is no distinction between Your sons, friends or enemies. Therefore the punishment which You have so kindly offered to Kaliya is exactly befitting"
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead creates, maintains and dissolves the cosmic manifestation merely by His will. For Him to create such a vast scene of devastation while fighting with an enemy is not so wonderful
- Then, O Vidura, the Lord caused all the kings, both the enemies & those on the side of your fighting nephews, to be killed in the Battle of Kuruksetra. All those kings were so great and strong that the earth seemed to shake as they traversed the warfield
- There are two ways of constantly thinking of Krsna - as a devotee and as an enemy
- There is a class of so-called devotees known as prakrta-sahajiyas who are very much interested in hearing about Krsna's rasa-lila with the gopis but not about His fighting with His enemies
- This is Vaisnava son. Prahlada did not ask anything for himself. And although he knew that his father was the greatest enemy, still, he is asking his benediction, "This poor fellow may be liberated"
- Thus Narada Muni says that according to his opinion the enemies of Krsna are better situated because they are fully absorbed in thoughts of Krsna in terms of killing Him
- To become enemy of Krsna, that is not a joke. He has to fight with Krsna. It is not ordinary thing
- When I think of Krsna - how He went away from His father's protection to Vraja and lived there incognito out of fear of the enemy, and how, although unlimitedly powerful, He fled from Mathura in fear - all these bewildering incidents give me distress
- When Krsna was present in the sacrificial arena of His enemy King Kamsa, the wrestlers present, although appreciating the softness of the body of Sri Krsna, were afraid and perturbed when they thought of engaging with Him in battle
- When Krsna was present on this planet, just as the powerful sun drives all darkness to take shelter in caves, He drove away all of His enemies, who fled like owls to take shelter beyond His sight
- When Krsna, Arjuna & Bhima reached Hastinapura, they blew their respective conchshells, & by hearing the sound vibrations, everyone immediately became cheerful. But the enemies of Krsna, upon hearing the conchshells, were very sorry
- When Mathura was thus besieged, Lord Sri Krsna began to consider, in consultation with Baladeva, how much the Yadu dynasty was in distress, being threatened by the attacks of two formidable enemies, Jarasandha and Kalayavana
- When Sisupala was killed by the Sudarsana cakra of Krsna as an enemy, his constant remembrance of Krsna dissolved the reactions of his vices, and he attained salvation by becoming one with the body of the Lord
- When the enemy, headed by Jarasandha, found that they were gradually being defeated by the soldiers of Krsna, they thought it unwise to risk losing their armies in the battle for the sake of Sisupala
- Where it has been stated that the Lord's enemies and devotees attain the same destination, this refers to the ultimate oneness of Brahman and Lord Krsna