Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Duties (4 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Duties"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- After taking Their baths and finishing all other morning duties, Krsna and Balarama could hear the beating of the kettledrums in the wrestling arena. They immediately prepared Themselves to proceed to the spot to see the fun
- All these pastimes prove fully that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Yet while present within this material world He played just like an ordinary man with many worldly duties
- As it is said in the Bhagavad-gita, Lord Krsna has no specific duty to perform in this world, and yet He acts just like an ordinary man living an ideal life within this material world
- I am (Krsna) anxious not only for the gopis but for anyone who sacrifices society, friendship, love and personal comforts for Me. It is My duty to protect such exalted devotees
- If I (Lord Krsna) did not perform prescribed duties, all these worlds would be put to ruination. I would be the cause of creating unwanted population, and I would thereby destroy the peace of all living beings
- It is not possible for Him (Krsna) to act irreligiously. He is transcendental to all religious duties and principles. He is untouched by the modes of material nature
- Krsna said: "My dear King (Kaliya) of the snakes, although I have given you so much pain, please do not be dissatisfied with Me. It is My duty to protect these cows, which are worshiped even by the demigods"
- Krsna was very much affected upon seeing the plight of the gopis, but His duty was to start for Mathura, for this was foretold by Narada
- Krsna was very much affected upon seeing the plight of the gopis, but His duty was to start for Mathura, for this was foretold by Narada. Krsna therefore consoled the gopis. He told them that they should not be aggrieved
- Krsna's duty was to please all kinds of men belonging to the different castes, both in the city and within the palace compound. He made them happy by fulfilling their different desires, and when the Lord saw them happy He also became very much pleased
- Lord Krsna is generally known as go-brahmana-hitaya ca, which means that His first duty is to see to the welfare of the cows and the brahmanas
- Lord Krsna said, "We belong to the vaisya community, and our proper duty is to farm, to trade with the agricultural produce, to protect cows or to take to banking"
- Lord Krsna thought: "Pure attachment will unite us (Krsna and the gopis) even at the expense of moral and religious duties (dharma). Destiny will sometimes bring us together and sometimes separate us"
- Lord Krsna, who is the spiritual master of the entire universe, accepted the duty of a messenger, and, deputed by Arjuna, went to the assembly of King Dhrtarastra on a peace mission
- Lord Sri Krsna was playing just like a human being. Because He belonged to the ksatriya division of the social system and was a young boy, it was His duty to show respect to such a brahmana
- Nanda continued, "We think that Krsna and Balarama may be chief demigods in heaven who have appeared before us like ordinary boys to execute particular duties on earth"
- No more friendly talking because Arjuna has accepted Krsna as the teacher. So He's the teacher. It is the duty of the teacher to punish or to chastise the disciple when he is wrongly going on
- O my Lord, You (Krsna) have executed all duties Yourself. Are you leaving us today, though we are completely dependent on Your mercy and have no one else to protect us, now when all kings are at enmity with us?
- Out of His (Krsna's) many religious duties, the first was to offer oblations into the sacrificial fire and silently chant the Gayatri mantra
- Sisupala said, "It is stated in the Vedas that the Supreme Lord has nothing to do as His prescribed duty. Whatever has to be done on His behalf is executed by His different energies"
- Sisupala said, "We cannot even ascertain which caste this Krsna belongs to or what His actual occupational duty is." Actually, Krsna does not belong to any caste, nor does He have to perform any occupational duty"
- Sometimes when Krsna was executing His duties in the assembly known as Sudharma, He would ask the elderly members for good advice
- The Gayatri mantra is offered to disciples after the sacred thread ceremony, and Balarama and Krsna properly discharged the duties of chanting this mantra
- The Lord (Krsna) has already performed His duties to help the demigods, and He is awaiting the rest. You Pandavas may wait as long as the Lord is here on earth
- The Lord was acting as the spiritual master of Arjuna. Therefore it was His duty to inquire from Arjuna whether he understood the whole Bhagavad-gita in its proper perspective
- The personality of religion said: These words just spoken by you befit a person of the Pandava dynasty. Captivated by the devotional qualities of the Pandavas, even Lord Krsna, the Personality of Godhead, performed duties as a messenger
- These different activities (talking with His wife, petting His children, performing some household duty) are conducted by the Lord when He is in His "emotional" forms, which are known as vaibhava-prakasa expansions