Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Defeating (5 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Defeating"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
- A person who can speak sweetly even with his enemy just to pacify him is called a pleasing talker. Krsna was such a pleasing talker that after defeating His enemy, Kaliya, in the water of Yamuna, He said
- After defeating all the opposing elements and forcibly carrying away Rukmini, Krsna brought her to Dvaraka, and then married her according to the Vedic ritualistic principles. After this marriage, Krsna became the King of the Yadus at Dvaraka
- After defeating Indra, Krsna arranged to marry the 16,100 girls brought from the custody of Bhaumasura. By expanding Himself in 16,100 forms, He simultaneously married them all in different palaces at the same auspicious moment
- At that time the tip of His (Krsna's) nose defeated the beauty of sesame flowers, the luster of His cheeks defeated the glow of pearls, and the two sides of His body were exquisitely beautiful
- At that time the tip of His (Krsna) nose defeated the beauty of the sesame flowers, the luster of His cheeks defeated the glow of pearls, and the two sides of His body were exquisitely beautiful
- Even if He appears to have accepted a material body, He is still not subjected to any material condition. Krsna has therefore appeared and defeated all imperfect conclusions about the appearance and disappearance of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Even the lotus flower and the moon were defeated by the beauty of the bodily features of Lord Krsna, and this was certified by the demigods, the most beautiful living creatures in the universe
- In other words, Krsna wanted the hand of Satya from the King without fulfilling the condition of defeating the seven bulls
- Indra's bashfulness was due to defeat. In another instance, Krsna began to praise Uddhava for his various high qualifications. Upon being praised by Krsna, Uddhava also bowed down his head bashfully
- Jambavati replied, "After this period, when he (Jambavan) became fatigued, he could understand that since no one but Lord Ramacandra could defeat him, his opponent, Lord Krsna, must be the same Lord Ramacandra"
- Jarasandha, the King of Magadha, besieged the city of Mathura not only once but seventeen times in the same way, equipped with the same number of military phalanxes. Each and every time, he was defeated and all his soldiers were killed by Krsna
- Jarasandha, who had many times experienced defeat by Krsna, roared, "How is this? Krsna is taking Rukmini away from us without opposition"
- Kamsa once rebuked Akrura by saying, "You are such a fool that you are accepting the Supreme Personality of Godhead to be a cowherd boy, simply because He has defeated some harmless water snake!"
- King Nanda said, "On the whole, He (Krsna) is exactly like Lord Visnu, who always takes the side of the demigods, who are consequently never defeated by the demons"
- Krsna continued, "While I was kidnapping you (Rukmini), your elder brother Rukmi violently protested and fought with Me. As a result of the fight, I defeated him mercilessly and disfigured his body"
- Krsna has dressed Himself in such an enchanting way, as though He had defeated all kinds of players at the chessboard. He lives wonderfully at the topmost height of artistic craftsmanship
- Krsna is called Madana-mohana, which means that He is so attractive that He can defeat the attraction of thousands of Cupids. But Radharani is still more attractive, for She can even attract Krsna
- Krsna's deep voice is more resonant than newly arrived clouds, and His sweet song defeats even the sweet voice of the cuckoo
- Krsna's friend said, "I know that You cannot defeat me in wrestling, and I also know that You were sitting idly for a long time because You were hopeless of defeating me"
- Krsna's youth is described as follows: "The force of Krsna's youth was combined with His beautiful smile, which defeated even the beauty of the full moon"
- Krtavarma said that Kamsa, although powerful and assisted by many demons, could not be saved from Krsna's wrath, and what to speak of Jarasandha, who had been defeated by Krsna seventeen times
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi said, "It is also very good news that You (Balarama) and Krsna defeated Jarasandha and Kalayavana, who is now dead, and that You are now living in a fortified residence in Dvaraka"
- Narada met Indra and criticized him: "O Indra, great King of heaven, Krsna has already defeated Lord Brahma and Lord Siva. So what can be said of an insignificant demigod like you?"
- Narada Muni said, "I shall be able to see the killing of other demons, like Sankha, Yavana, Mura and Narakasura. I shall also see how You (Krsna) take away the parijata flower from the kingdom of heaven and how You defeat the King of heaven himself"
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "Although My beauty defeats the beauty of ten million Cupids, although it is unequaled and unsurpassed, and although it gives pleasure to the three worlds, seeing Radharani gives pleasure to My eyes"
- Once Sridama challenged Bhadrasena and said to him, "My dear friend, you needn't be afraid of me yet. I shall first of all defeat our brother Balarama, then I shall beat Krsna, and then I shall come to you"
- Once, while fighting with a demon who was appearing as a deer, Krsna challenged him in this way: "I have come before you as a great elephant named Krsna. You must leave the battlefield, accepting defeat, or else there is death awaiting you"
- One friend challenged Krsna thus: "My dear friend Damodara, You are an expert only in eating. You have defeated Subala only because he is weak and You adopted cheating means"
- Salva, one of the kings Krsna defeated when He kidnapped Rukmini, decided to rid the entire world of the Yadavas. To defeat the Yadavas, Salva worshiped Lord Siva, who rewarded him with an aerial car named Saubha
- Since his (Salva's) defeat in the fight during the marriage of Rukmini, he had maintained within himself an unforgettable envy of Lord Krsna, and he was, in fact, a fool, because he had promised to kill Krsna
- Srimad-Bhagavatam clearly states that He (Krsna) left the battlefield in spite of having ample military strength. Even without His militia, He alone would have been sufficient to defeat the army of Jarasandha, as He had done seventeen times before
- Subala once addressed Krsna in this way: "How these features of Your body can fail to defeat the pride of all the young girls of Vrndavana. When I am so defeated by this beauty, what chance is there for those who are naturally very simple and flexible?"
- Subala once addressed Krsna in this way: "My dear Kesava, Your round turban, the lotus flower in Your hand, the vertical marks of tilaka on Your forehead, Your kunkuma-flavored musk and all of Your beautiful bodily features are defeating me today"
- Subala said, "My dear Kesava, Your round turban, the lotus flower in Your hand, the vertical marks of tilaka on Your forehead, Your kunkum-flavored musk and all of Your beautiful bodily features are defeating me today"
- Subala, "Although I am usually stronger than You (Krsna) or any of our friends. Since this is so, I do not know how these features of Your body can fail to defeat the pride of all the young girls of Vrndavana"
- The children of these ladies (the queens of Dvaraka) are Pradyumna, Samba, Amba, etc: Ladies like Rukmini, Satyabhama and Jambavati were forcibly taken away by Him (Krsna) from their svayamvara ceremonies after He defeated many powerful kings
- The devotee said, "My dear kadamba tree, do not be worried. Just after defeating the Kaliya snake in the Yamuna River, Krsna will come and satisfy your desire." This is an instance of inappropriate hopelessness in ecstatic love for Krsna
- The heavenly King, Indra, upon being defeated in his fight with Krsna for possession of the parijata flower, became very bashful because of his defeat. He was standing before Krsna, bowing down his head, when Krsna said
- The most beautiful object in the material world may be compared to the blue lotus flower or the full moon in the sky, but even the lotus flower and the moon were defeated by the beauty of the bodily features of Lord Krsna
- The promise of Krsna that His devotees are never vanquished had also previously been admitted by Indra when he was defeated in the Govardhana-lila
- The Sudarsana cakra began to freeze the fiery demon created by Lord Siva. In this way, the fiery demon was checked by the Sudarsana cakra of Lord Krsna, and, being defeated in his attempt to devastate the city of Dvaraka, he turned back
- The transcendental influence of Krsna is so great that it can defeat anyone
- There is a statement in the Hari-vamsa that sometimes Arjuna and Krsna fought in the presence of Kunti, and Arjuna would be defeated by Krsna
- This news spread all over the country, and when Krsna heard that one could achieve the girl Satya only by defeating the seven bulls, He prepared Himself to go to the kingdom of Kosala
- When Banasura saw that his soldiers and commanders had been defeated, his anger only increased. He thought it wise to stop fighting with Satyaki, Krsna's commander in chief, and instead directly attack Lord Krsna
- When Indra was defeated by Krsna in the matter of taking the parijata plant from heaven, Narada met Indra and criticized him
- When the enemy, headed by Jarasandha, found that they were gradually being defeated by the soldiers of Krsna, they thought it unwise to risk losing their armies in the battle for the sake of Sisupala
- While Krsna was traveling to Dvaraka, all the frustrated and defeated princes encircled Him and began to shower their arrows on the bridal party