Pages in category "God's Defeating"
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Although Lord Siva is never defeated by anyone, when defeated by Lord Visnu he felt proud that he had such an exalted and powerful master
- Although Lord Siva was aghast at the potency of Lord Visnu, he did not feel ashamed. Rather, he was proud to be defeated by Lord Visnu. Nothing is hidden from the Supreme Personality of Godhead, for He is in everyone's heart
- Although Parasurama was very proud, having rid the earth of the royal order twenty-one times, he was defeated by the Lord, who appeared to be a ksatriya of the royal order
- The beauty of the goddess of fortune is secondary in the presence of the Lord. In the words of Vaisnava poets, it is said that the Lord's beauty is so enchanting that it defeats hundreds of thousands of Cupids. He is therefore called Madana-mohana
- The exquisite beauty of Narayana, being many times magnified by the intelligence of His devotees, was so attractive that it defeated the pride of the goddess of fortune in being the most beautiful
- The impersonalist who feels transcendental pleasure in striving to become one with the Lord is defeated when he sees the beautiful transcendental features of the Lord