Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Association with Krsna (1 C, 8 P)
- ► Direct Association with Krsna (2 C, 1 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Associates"
The following 105 pages are in this category, out of 105 total.
- A devotee should always reside in the transcendental realm of Vraja and always engage in krsnam smaran janam casya prestham, the remembrance of Sri Krsna and His beloved associates
- Above Narayana, Krsna has four specific transcendental qualities - His wonderful pastimes, an abundance of wonderful associates who are very dear to Him (like the gopis), His wonderful beauty and the wonderful vibration of His flute
- All the associates of Lord Krsna, such as Brahma, Siva, Narada, Suka and Sanatana Kumara, are very pleased in the sentiment of servitude
- Although He dwells there with His eternal associates, He is omnipresent throughout the complete material and spiritual cosmic manifestations. This fact has already been explained in Mantra Four. The Lord is present everywhere, just like the sun
- Among the Kuru dynasty, Bhisma, Maharaj Pariksit and Vidura are also known as close associates of Lord Krsna
- An associate of the Lord is one whose body is fully engaged in the service of the Lord
- Anyone who becomes exhilarated by hearing of the pastimes of Lord Krsna when He was present on this earth with His associates is to be understood as nitya-siddha, eternally perfect
- As a devotee of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu he (Gadadhara dasa) was one of the associates of Lord Krsna in conjugal love
- As His associate Nityananda, He is the first expansion of God; as Advaita, He is an incarnation; as Gadadhara, He is the internal potency; and as Srivasa, He is the marginal living entity in the role of a devotee
- As is stated in the Bhagavad-gita by the Lord Himself, His birth, deeds and activities are all transcendental. Similarly, the birth, deeds and activities of the associates of the Lord are also transcendental
- As it is an offense to consider oneself to be Krsna, so it is offensive to consider oneself to be Yasoda, Nanda, or any other associate of the Lord. We should always remember that they are transcendental; they are never conditioned souls
- As stated in the Brahma-samhita, ananda-cin-maya-rasa-pratibhavitabhih: in the spiritual world the associates of Krsna, especially the gopis, are manifestations of the pleasure potency of Lord Krsna. They are expansions of Srimati Radharani
- As the Lord descends by His mercy upon this planet, so, in order to help in the pastimes of the Lord, these devotees also come here. They are not ordinary living entities or conditioned souls; they are ever-liberated persons, associates of the SPG
- Before His personal appearance, the Lord causes some of His devotees to appear as His mother, father and intimate associates. He then appears later as if He were taking birth and growing from a baby to a child and gradually into a youth
- Being an associate of Lord Krsna, Arjuna was above all ignorance
- Bilvamangala Thakur was first spiritually initiated for impersonal realization of the absolute truth, but later on, by his association with Krsna in Vrndavana, he became an experienced devotee
- Even the great sages have no information that beyond the material sky is the spiritual sky where Sri Krsna eternally resides with His associates, although at the same time He exhibits His pastimes in the mortal world in all the universes one after another
- Even while describing this incident, Brahma became almost overwhelmed. "And the most astonishing thing," he added, "was that many other Brahmas from many different universes had also come there to worship Krsna and His associates"
- Everything the Lord did in Vrndavana was for the pleasure of His associates there. The Lord created these pastimes to attract the dry speculators and the acrobats of the so-called hatha-yoga system who wish to find the Absolute Truth
- First of all the jokers would talk in such a way that the Lord (Krsna) and His associates would enjoy their humor, which would refresh the morning mood
- For ourselves when we are in perfect stage of devotional service, we can know our eternal relation with Krishna and as such one of the associates of Lord Krishna becomes our ideal leader
- For their return to the Vaikuntha world, it was arranged that Jaya & Vijaya, for three consecutive births, would act as deadly enemies of the Lord & that at the end of these lives they would return to the Vaikuntha world & serve Him as His associates
- Govardhana Hill knows how to please the Lord by pleasing His most beloved associates, the cows and the cowherd boys
- Gradually one will come to understand the loving affairs between Krsna and the gopis and other associates of Vrndavana. Everyone is advised to continue to hear over and over again in order to greatly benefit
- He (Krsna) is always with His associates and paraphernalia. For instance, if someone says, "Give something to eat to the man with the weapons," the eating process is done by the man and not by the weapons
- He (Krsna) is in Vrndavana having His ananda, spiritual bliss, enjoyment, with His associates, eternal associates, the gopis, the cowherds boys, His mother, His father, Mother Yasoda, Nanda, Nanda Maharaja. So He is enjoying in His abode, Goloka
- His (Uddhava's) two arms are just like the bolts of a door, His eyes are just like lotus flowers, and he is the most important devotee amongst all the associates (of Krsna). Let us therefore offer our respectful obeisances unto Uddhava's lotus feet
- If simply the eternal associates of Krsna can play with Him, not others, then what is the meaning of your becoming Krsna conscious?
- If somehow or other I can make Krsna and His associates serve as the last offering of sesame and water for the departed souls of my brother and sister, then the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi, for whom these boys are the life and soul, will automatically die
- If that is so, the next question is this: Why would Maha-Visnu come to Dvaraka personally if He were not able to see Krsna? Why did He not send some of His associates to take away the sons of the brahmana?
- In a temple of jewels in Vrndavana, underneath a desire tree, Sri Sri Radha-Govinda, served by Their most confidential associates, sit upon an effulgent throne. I offer my humble obeisances unto Them
- In His village of Vrndavana He enjoyed Himself with His mother, brother and friends, and when He played the role of a naughty butter thief, all His associates enjoyed celestial bliss by His stealing
- In Krsna consciousness, a devotee may be interested in the paraphernalia and locations - such as the battlefield of Kuruksetra - which are associated with Krsna, but he is not concerned with simply any battlefield
- In order to pacify them (Krsna's associates), Krsna smilingly said to Uddhava, "My dear Uddhava, you are always My well-wishing confidential friend. I therefore wish to see everything through you because I believe that your counsel is always right"
- In the city of Dvaraka the following devotees are known as Krsna's close associates: Uddhava, Daruka, Satyaki, Srutadeva, Satrujit, Nanda, Upananda and Bhadra. All of these personalities remain with the Lord as His secretaries
- In the presence of the great sage Narada and all the other associates of Lord Krsna, Uddhava considered the situation and then spoke as follows
- In the transcendental realm of Vraja (Vraja-dhama) one should serve the Supreme Lord, Sri Krsna, with a feeling similar to that of His associates
- In this age, hearing is more important than thinking because one's thinking may be disturbed by mental agitation, but if one concentrates on hearing, he will be forced to associate with the sound vibration of Krsna
- In Vrndavana, He used to put on reddish garments, with a golden shirt on His body & an orange colored turban on His head. The different kinds of belts, combined with His enchanting smile, used to always increase the transcendental bliss of His associates
- Innumerable Vaikuntha planets, which are just like different rooms of a treasure-house, are all there, filled with all opulences. Those unlimited planets house the Lord's eternal associates, who are also enriched with the six opulences
- Instead of relishing activities of the cinema artists, one can turn his attention to the activities of the Lord with His eternal associates like the gopis and Laksmis
- It is said, "All the associates of Lord Krsna have lustrous bodily features, and their eyes are just like lotus flowers"
- King is never alone. There must be queen also, and queen's associates. Similarly, Krsna, the supreme king, how He can be alone? He's not alone. He's always with His associates
- Krsna and His associates appear as devotees of the Supreme Lord in the form of Sri Krsna Caitanya, Sri Nityananda Prabhu, Sri Advaitacarya, Sri Gadadhara Prabhu and Srivasa Prabhu
- Krsna gives His instruction directly to an associate like Arjuna, just so that the people in general may take advantage of this spiritual knowledge
- Krsna informed him, "You may go home now because We shall enter Mathura later, along with Our associates." Akrura replied, "My dear Lord, I cannot go to Mathura alone, leaving You aside"
- Krsna's eyes, navel and face, hands and feet are like eight lotus flowers on His body. From those eight lotuses emanates a fragrance like a mixture of camphor and lotus. That is the scent associated with His body
- Krsna, although He is always in Goloka Vrndavana, He has nothing to do. He is simply enjoying in the company of His associates, the gopis and the cowherds boy, His mother, His father. Free, completely free
- Krsna, of course, means Krsna and His confidential devotees; Krsna is not alone. When we speak of Krsna, "Krsna" means Krsna in His name, in His form, in His qualities, in His abode and in His associates. Krsna is never alone
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Him who is the associate of the members of the Yadu dynasty and who is always a problem for the nondevotees
- Let us offer our respectful obeisances unto the constant associates of the son of Maharaj Nanda
- Lord Krsna could understand the intentions of His associates because He is the ruler of even Lord Brahma
- Lord Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the supreme enjoyer in the rasa dance. He is the leader of the damsels of Vraja, and all others are simply His associates
- Lord Visnu said, "You are so pure and great that the water which washes your feet can purify even the places of pilgrimage. Therefore, I request you to purify the Vaikuntha planet where I live with My associates"
- Nanda Maharaja & mother Yasoda, developed their unalloyed devotion for the S.P. of Godhead, having gotten Him as their son. And all the gopis and cowherd men who were associates of Krsna naturally developed their own different feelings of love for Krsna
- Narada's proposal that Lord Krsna go to Hastinapura for Maharaja Yudhisthira's great Rajasuya sacrifice did not much appeal to them because they (Krsna & His associates) were seriously considering this (how to attack the kingdom of Jarasandha) subject
- Once when Krsna and His cowherd friends were enjoying friendly conversation, Krsna began to address His associates in casual language. At that time Krsna's servant Patri was also enjoying the conversation
- One dhira associate of Krsna is the son of Satyabhama's nurse. Satyabhama is one of the queens of Lord Krsna in Dvaraka, and when she was married to Krsna, the son of her nurse was allowed to go with her because they had lived together from childhood
- One should place himself under the direct guidance of a particular associate of Krsna and should follow in his footsteps
- Only in these three places (Dvaraka, Mathura and Gokula) does the all-sporting Lord Krsna perform His endless pastimes with His personal associates
- Out of the many close associates of Lord Krsna, Uddhava is considered the best. The following is a description of him: "His body is blackish like the color of the Yamuna River, and it is similarly as cool
- Srutadeva thought, "How has it become possible that Lord Krsna, who is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and His associates, the great sages, whose very presence makes a place as sanctified as a pilgrimage site, have agreed to come to my place"
- Still people are going to the church, to the temple, to the mosque, to the synagogue. Why? Isa-sangat, isa-sangat, just to associate with God. That is the purpose. So if you actually search after Isa, Krsna, or God, you can get it
- Such desire may seem to be a desire for enjoying the Lord, but actually the endeavor is to serve the Lord in that capacity. For example, a devotee may be desiring to associate with the Personality of Godhead as His cowherd friend
- Such pure devotees are of two types: personal associates (parisats) and neophyte devotees (sadhakas)
- The associates of the Lord said, "The Lord, Hari, whose bodily hue is like the indranila jewel, whose smiling is as beautiful as the kunda flower"
- The associates of the Lord said, "The Lord, Hari, whose silk dress is as yellow as golden autumn foliage, whose chest is beautified with garlands of flowers and who is always playing upon His flute
- The associates of the Lord said, "This enemy of the Agha demon is always attracting our hearts by wandering about Vrndavana"
- The brahmana Srutadeva, simultaneously (with King Bahulasva) receiving Lord Krsna and His associates (Narada, Vamadeva, Atri, Vyasadeva, Parasurama, Asita, Aruni, Sukadeva and others) at his home, was transcendentally overwhelmed with joy
- The examples of spontaneous devotional service can be easily seen in Krsna's direct associates in Vrndavana. The spontaneous dealings of the residents of Vrndavana in relationship with Krsna are called raganuga
- The gopi associates of Krsna who assembled in the place where Krsna was appearing were from different groups. Most of the gopis were eternal companions of Krsna
- The gopis were not ordinary women. In essence they were on an equal level with Krsna. They are His eternal associates. As it is confirmed in the Brahma-samhita, they are expansions of the pleasure potency of Krsna
- The impetus to fraternal love upon seeing the associates of Krsna in Vrndavana is also very natural, for their personal bodily features, their qualities and dress are all equal to Krsna's
- The interior Vrndavana forest is considered superior to Mathura, but superior to these forests is the divine Govardhana Hill because Krsna lifted Govardhana Hill like an umbrella, raising it with His lotuslike beautiful hand to protect His associates
- The internal abode is called Goloka Vrndavana. It is there that Lord Krsna's personal friends, associates, father and mother live
- The Lord and His associates appear and disappear by the will of the Lord. They are not subjected to the laws of material nature
- The Lord is always engaged in transcendental loving activities with His spiritual associates in the various relationships of santa (neutrality), dasya (servitorship), sakhya (friendship), vatsalya (parental affection) and madhurya (conjugal love)
- The personal associates of the primeval Lord, Sri Krsna, are His devotees, who are identical with Him. He is complete with His entourage of devotees
- The six goswamis are not all eternal associates of Krishna. Only Rupa and Raghunath Goswami are eternal associates. You know there are two kinds of living entities: nityamukta or eternal associates of the Lord, and nityabaddha or eternally conditioned
- The word 'anghri-padma-sudha' means 'associating intimately with Krsna.' One can attain such perfection only by spontaneous love of God. One cannot obtain Krsna in Goloka Vrndavana simply by serving the Lord according to regulative principles
- There are still many devotees of the Lord lingering there (in Vrndavana) in ecstasy in search of Krsna and His childhood associates, the gopis
- There is one supreme loka called Goloka Vrndavana, which is the abode of the Lord Sri Krsna and His specific associates. Maharaja Pariksit was destined to achieve this particular loka, and the great rsis assembled there could foresee this
- These associates are always happy in their service to Krsna, and they are generally known as vayasyas, or friends of the same age. These vayasyas are fully confident of protection by Krsna. Devotees sometimes pray
- These two associates of Lord Visnu - Jaya and Vijaya - maintained a feeling of enmity for a very long time. Because of always thinking of Krsna in this way, they regained the shelter of the Lord, having returned home, back to Godhead
- They (Krsna's associates) have sufficient power to defeat the strength of the demigods, and the specific feature of their persons is that they are always decorated with valuable ornaments
- They (Krsna's personal associates) are mostly looking on with tears in their eyes, and in the enthusiasm of their service they are not afraid even of the devastating fire generated by Lord Siva. They are souls simply surrendered unto Your lotus feet
- They (the gopis) welcomed him (Uddhava) with polite words, in great submissiveness, "We know that you are a most confidential associate of Krsna and that He has therefore sent you to Vrndavana to give solace to His father and mother"
- They are to be considered eternal associates of Krsna, and they are eternally enjoying the transcendental bliss of serving Krsna
- This is the effect of Krsna consciousness. What was enjoyed five thousand years ago by Nanda Maharaja can still be enjoyed by Krsna conscious persons simply by talking about the transcendental pastimes of Krsna and His associates
- This mentality of the direct servitor of Krsna is called dhurya. According to expert analytical studies of the direct associates of the Lord, Srila Rupa Gosvami has divided these into three classes - namely, dhurya, dhira and vira
- Those who are born into this family of Yadu are all My eternal associates. Dear wife, you should not consider that My associates are ever separated from Me; they are My personal expansions, as such, you must know that they are almost as powerful as I am
- Those who develop conjugal love for Krsna as a lover are promoted to Goloka Vrndavana, to associate with the gopis and enjoy loving affairs with Krsna there
- Thus by chanting the holy name of the Lord one can directly associate with the Supreme Lord by sound vibration
- We should always remember that Krishna is the purest, and similarly only the pure can associate with Him
- When a person is liberated in the sarupya form of liberation, having a spiritual form exactly like Visnu, it is not possible for him to relish the relationship of Krsna's personal associates in their exchanges of mellows
- When Dhruva Maharaj saw two associates of Narayana approaching him, he immediately stood up out of sincere respect and devotion and remained before them with folded hands; but because of his ecstatic love he could hardly offer them a proper reception
- When Krsna exhibits His transcendental pastimes within the material world in some of the universes, not only the eternal associates of Krsna come but also those who are being promoted to that status from this material world
- When Krsna was in the capital of Indraprastha, someone addressed Him thus: "My dear Lord, Your personal associates, headed by Uddhava, are always awaiting Your order by standing at the entrance gate of Dvaraka
- When Lord Krsna and His associates were fed in this way, the brahmana Srutadeva was thinking thus
- When the Supreme Lord returns to His eternal abode, His associates return with Him to their respective places. As such, these ever liberated Vaisnavas are not bound by the material laws of birth and death
- While He (krsna) is present in Goloka enjoying transcendental pleasure in the company of His eternal associates - the gopis, the cowherd boys - all over the creation His potencies are acting under His direction, without disturbing His eternal pastimes
- While Srutadeva was welcoming Lord Krsna and His associates (Narada , Vamadeva, Atri, Vyasadeva, Parasurama, Asita, Aruni, Sukadeva and others), he simply forgot himself in transcendental joy