Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Knowledge of Devotional Service to God
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Knowledge of Devotional Service to God"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- Bhakti is not achieved by studying. Bhakti stage is achieved by practice. That is the special significance of our institution, that we are engaging our men in practicing. Therefore they are getting knowledge - not by reading
- By bhakti-yoga one can know the Lord, and by knowing the Lord as the Supreme, one is able to know everything else. One who knows the Supreme knows everything else. That is the version of all Vedas
- By culture of knowledge one becomes unattached to hearth and home and becomes conscious of the miseries due to death, birth, old age and disease. And all culture of knowledge culminates in devotional service to the Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva
- Devotional service which is based on the foreground of full knowledge combined with detachment from material association, and which is fixed by dint of the aural reception of the Vedanta-sruti, is the only perfect method
- Do not think that a devotee, who is on the adulterated platform of devotional service, can remain without knowledge. He's full of knowledge
- In other words, the human body is especially meant for cultivating knowledge of devotional service to the Lord, without which life becomes full of anxieties and miserable conditions
- It is a question of understanding, and the proper understanding is called pratibuddha. By obtaining knowledge in devotional service, or Krsna consciousness, one can become a liberated soul
- It is specifically mentioned here that one has to perform devotional service in full knowledge by visualizing the Absolute Truth
- Knowledge gives one the preference to accept devotional service. Unless one comes to the platform of knowledge, the brahma-bhuta stage, one cannot advance in devotional service
- Knowledge is dependent on devotional service for the ultimate realization of the Supreme Truth
- Knowledge of devotional service
- Sadhu, or devotee of the Lord, has to be very tolerant. Someone may ill-treat him because the conditioned souls are not prepared to receive the transcendental knowledge of devotional service
- Spotless devotees of the Lord have mentioned the source of such knowledge. How could one have knowledge of devotional service and detachment without the help of such devotees?
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura explains that devotional service is actually bhadra sati, not abhadra asati. In other words, knowledge of devotional service can be neither inauspicious nor contrary to etiquette
- The analysis of different types of love of Godhead has been made by expert acaryas who know all about devotional service on the transcendental platform
- The conditioned souls are not prepared to receive the transcendental knowledge of devotional service. They do not like it; that is their disease. The sadhu has the thankless task of impressing upon them the importance of devotional service
- The expression "most confidential" is significant here because knowledge of devotional service is far, far above knowledge of impersonal Brahman
- The four Kumaras and all other authorized sages know perfectly that devotional service in Krsna consciousness is the essence of all Vedic literature, and they preach this on different planets, traveling in outer space
- The highest perfectional knowledge is knowledge of the Supreme Lord. He cannot be understood by any process of religion other than devotional service; therefore, the immediate result of perfect knowledge is achieved by executing devotional service
- The ocean of Caitanya Mahaprabhu became filled with the jewels of the knowledge of pure devotional service
- The platform of knowledge is advantageous because it is a means by which one may come to the stage of devotional service. However, if one takes to devotional service directly, knowledge is revealed without separate endeavor
- This is not sentiment. Knowledge and renunciation can be obtained through devotional service (bhaktya sruta-grhitaya), that is, by arousing one's dormant devotional consciousness, Krsna consciousness