Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
invalid | invalidate | invalidated | invalidity | invalids
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Kalakanya (1 C, 52 P)
Pages in category "Invalid"
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total.
- A Vaisnava is always protected by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but if he appears to be an invalid, this gives a chance to his disciples to serve him
- All such reactions are invalidated by the practice of Krsna consciousness. You are the ultimate destination of all liberated persons
- Although Kalakanya means invalidity or old age, Yavana-raja wanted to serve Krsna by introducing Kalakanya everywhere. Thus a sane person, by attaining old age, will become fearful of death
- And people are recognized I am great. Don't make me small. I'll not give you much trouble, but I am now invalid. What can I do?
- At the fag end of life, when the invalidity of old age attacks a man, his body becomes useless for all purposes
- At the last stage of his life Sri Madhavendra Puri became an invalid and was completely unable to move, and Isvara Puri so completely engaged himself in his service that he personally cleaned up his stool and urine
- Because of the material body, every living entity in material existence is always disturbed by sad-guna, six whips - hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, invalidity and death
- Before meeting death one is sure to become a diseased invalid, and when he is neglected by his family members, his life becomes less than a dog's because he is put into so many miserable conditions
- I am now almost an invalid because of old age, and I know that at any moment I may die. Therefore I have already described some portions of the antya-lila
- I am old and troubled by invalidity. I am almost blind and deaf, my hands tremble, and my mind and intelligence are unsteady
- I am trying to translate Srimad-Bhagavatam as quickly as possible. However, knowing myself to be an old man and almost an invalid because of rheumatism, I have already translated the essence of all literatures, the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- I have now become too old and disturbed by invalidity. While I write, my hands tremble. I cannot remember anything, nor can I see or hear properly. Still I write, and this is a great wonder
- In the material world, if one wants to live for many years, he must endure the difficulties of old age, invalidity and many other miserable conditions
- In this connection it is significant that Narada was immune to the attack of jara, or invalidity, and similarly jara, or the destructive force, cannot attack any follower of Narada Muni or a pure Vaisnava
- ISKCON is meant to establish a clear, practical common formulation of the common ideal of all theists, and to defeat the unnecessary dogmatic wranglings that now divide & invalidate the theistic camp. This common ideal of theism is to develop love of God
- It is the duty of a householder to feed first of all the children, the old members of the family, the brahmanas and the invalids
- Kalakanya as jara, the invalidity of old age, can be used to arouse a sense of fear in people so that they will prepare for the next life by engaging in Krsna consciousness
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja wrote CC in his old age, in an invalid condition, but it is such a sublime literature that Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati used to say - The time will come when the people of the world will learn Bengali to read Sri Caitanya-caritamrta
- One aged devotee of Krsna addressed Him in this way: "Dear Krsna, O killer of the demon Agha, my body is now invalid due to old age. I cannot speak very fluently, my voice is faltering, my mind is not strong, and I am often attacked with forgetfulness"
- One should not wait for old age in order to become Krsna conscious. Due to the invalidity of old age, one cannot make progress in Krsna consciousness, however opulent he may be materially
- The body has nine gates - the two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, mouth, rectum and genitals. When one is harassed by the invalidity of old age, various diseases manifest at the gates of the body
- The conclusion of the Sankhya philosophers is therefore invalid
- The invalidity of old age can overcome an ordinary man, but Narada Muni was different. Taking Narada Muni to be an ordinary man, the daughter of Time (Kalakanya) confronted him with her lusty desire
- The invalidity of old age known as jara is figuratively explained here as the daughter of Time. No one likes her, but she is very much anxious to accept anyone as her husband. No one likes to become old and invalid, but this is inevitable for everyone
- The invalidity of old age, can be used to arouse a sense of fear in people so that they will prepare for the next life by engaging in Krsna consciousness
- The killing and rejuvenation of such old and invalid cows was not truly killing but an act of great benefit
- The Krsna consciousness movement will inundate the entire world and drown everyone, whether one be a gentleman, a rogue or even lame, invalid or blind
- The Mayavada idea that the living entity is the Supreme Absolute Truth but has become covered by maya is invalid, because maya cannot be so great that it can cover the Supreme
- The neglect of this prescribed duty of a householder (it is the duty of a householder to feed first of all the children, the old members of the family, the brahmanas and the invalids), especially in the matter of the old men and children, is unpardonable
- The specific quality of this assembly house was that anyone participating in a meeting within it would overcome the influence of invalidity due to old age
- The thirty-three vyabhicari-bhavas, bodily symptoms manifest in ecstatic love, are as follows: (12) apasmara, forgetfulness; (13) vyadhi, disease; (14) moha, bewilderment; (15) mrti, death; (16) alasya, laziness and (17) jadya, invalidity
- Then the Lord (Krsna) personally entered the city accompanied by elderly relatives and invalid brahmanas with their wives, all offering benedictions and singing the glories of the Lord. Others also praised the glories of the Lord
- There are originally three deities - Lord Brahma, Lord Visnu and Lord Siva - and people with a poor fund of knowledge consider Lord Visnu no better than Lord Brahma or Lord Siva. This conclusion, however, is invalid
- They (different rulers of the world) were very weak due to hunger, and their faces had lost all beauty and luster. The kings' long imprisonment had caused every part of their bodies to become slack and invalid
- When a person is attacked by the invalidity of old age and is still addicted to sense gratification, he gradually loses all his personal beauty, intelligence and good possessions. He thus cannot resist the forceful attack of the daughter of Time
- When one becomes an invalid, his senses and organs are weakened. In other words, they are no longer under one's control. The senses and sense objects then begin to oppose him
- When one is harassed by the invalidity of old age, various diseases manifest at the gates of the body. Sometimes one has to take enemas and sometimes use a surgical nozzle to accelerate the passing of urine
- When they (the brahmanas) were old invalids, they used to approach with their wives the assembly of the kings, and simply by praising the glorious deeds performed by the kings they would be provided with all necessities of life