Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Initiated Devotees of God
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Initiated Devotees of God"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.
- A person initiated into the Vaisnava cult should be offered the respect befitting a Vaisnava, which means that he should be offered service and prayers. However, one should not associate with him if he is not a fit person with whom to associate
- A properly initiated Vaisnava may be imperfect, but one who chants the holy name of the Lord offenselessly is all-perfect
- A Vaisnava will accept an invitation from a brahmana or sudra-mahajana if that person is an initiated Vaisnava
- All the brahmanas present on that occasion were initiated by Madhavendra Puri into the Vaisnava cult, and Madhavendra Puri engaged them in different types of service
- At the time of initiation, a devotee gives up all his material conceptions. Therefore, being in touch with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he is situated on the transcendental platform
- If one becomes a Vaisnava through proper initiation, he automatically becomes a brahmana. There is no doubt about it. The Garuda Purana confirms this
- It is said, "Only a person who is initiated as a Vaisnava and is executing devotional service in Krsna consciousness has the right to touch the body of the Deity"
- The standard practices for initiated devotees: Must attend evening and morning classes. Should not extensively mix with non-devotees. Should not eat food cooked by non-devotees
- The standard practices for initiated devotees: Should not waste time in idle talks. Should not become engaged in frivolous sports. Should always chant and sing the Lord's Holy Names
- Those neophyte devotees who are actually initiated by the bona fide spiritual master and are seriously engaged in carrying out the orders of the spiritual master should be offered respectful obeisances