impel | impelled | impelling | impels
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Impelled"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.
- Anyway I couldn't see in them nothing but combination of logs and bamboos. There was nothing to impel my Krishna Consciousness. So, if you want to be a great artist in that way, I will pray that Krishna may save you
- Arjuna said: O descendant of Vrsni, by what is one impelled to sinful acts, even unwillingly, as if engaged by force? BG 3.36 - 1972
- As impelled by the destiny of the jiva, the false ego, which is of three kinds, evolved from the mahat-tattva, in which the element of rajas predominates. From the ego, in turn, evolved many groups of five principles
- Impelled (BG and SB)
- Impelled (CC and other books)
- Impelled by false prestige and infatuated by material opulences, human society, instead of striving for Krsna consciousness, creates havoc and disrupts peaceful living. Thus men forget the real purpose of life: to attain the favor of Lord Visnu
- Impelled by the illusory energy of Lord Visnu, Prajapati Daksa begot ten thousand sons in the womb of Pancajani (Asikni). My dear King (Pariksit), these sons were called the Haryasvas
- Impellled (Lectures)
- In the Visnu-rahasya there is a statement to the effect that one should prefer to embrace a snake, a tiger or an alligator rather than associate with persons who are worshipers of various demigods and who are impelled by material desire
- It is not that senses should be stopped. No. It should be controlled. "When I require, I shall use it; otherwise not." That is master of senses. "I shall not act impelled by the senses. Senses should act under my direction"
- On the arrival of the autumn season, all the cows, deer, birds and females in general become pregnant, because in that season all the husbands generally become impelled by sex desire
- Once in the bodily conception, he gets different types of bodies one after the other under the influence of material energy and impelled by the modes of material nature (sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna)
- One should understand that pradhana, matter, cannot act unless impelled by a living creature. The materialistic theory that matter independently acts cannot, therefore, be accepted
- Situated in eternal trance and freed from illusion impelled by the modes of material nature, she (Devahuti) forgot her material body, just as one forgets his different bodies in a dream
- Sometimes a prospective father, being impelled by the potency of the Supreme Lord, can beget a child, but sometimes conception does not take place. Therefore one should not lament over the artificial relationship of parenthood
- Such persons, impelled by the mode of passion, are full of anxieties and always aspire for sense gratification due to uncontrolled senses
- The creation actually begins in the tamo-guna by agitated impelled by the Bhagavat, Bhagavan
- The gopis' method of worshiping the Lord as if impelled by lusty desire was praised very highly even by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The material qualities are three, namely goodness, passion and ignorance. When one is placed into the mixed material qualities of passion and ignorance, various kinds of greed and lusty desires impel him to try to find comfort in this material world
- The messenger said, "They (people like us) are against the path of Krsna conscious life, and they are wandering within the three worlds, impelled by the illusory energy of material existence"
- The sex impulse is so strong that even by seeing, touching or talking, coming into contact with, or even thinking of the opposite sex, even in so many subtle ways, one becomes sexually impelled
- The transcendentalist who acts only for the satisfaction of the Supreme Person, without being impelled by a motive of self-satisfaction, is actually free from all worldly duties - without the separate effort made by the sannyasis and the mystics
- This male-female question is everywhere. The only difference is that in spiritual world there is no need of sex life, or there is no impelling sex life, although there is attraction between man and woman
- This understanding is called self-realization. Any other realization of one's self beyond this relationship of eternal servitorship to Krsna is impelled by maya
- Those who are impelled by lust and attachment, who are foolish and who torture the material elements of the body as well as the Supersoul dwelling within, are to be known as demons
- Those who are impelled by passion and who torture their bodily organs as well as the Supersoul dwelling within are to be known as demons. BG 17.5-6 - 1972
- Those who undergo severe austerities and penances not recommended in the scriptures, performing them out of pride and egoism, who are impelled by lust and attachment, who are foolish and who torture the material elements of the body are known to be demons
- Thus the gopis' method of worshiping the Lord, as if impelled by lusty desire, was praised very highly even by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu